Using MATCH and INDEX to extract unique values

Some time ago, someone on this list posted a array function using MATCH
and INDEX to extract unique values.

I used the formula to great effect, but now I can't find the
spreadsheet I used it in, and I need to recreate the formula.

I also haven't been able to turn it up using google search.

Can anyone here point me to the correct formula again?

Thanks.

0
jg701241 (8)
5/17/2006 6:40:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can download an example here, it's the third formula

http://nwexcelsolutions.com/Download/Sort_alphabetical_and_then_extract_unique_records.xls

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"jg70124" wrote:

> Some time ago, someone on this list posted a array function using MATCH
> and INDEX to extract unique values.
>
> I used the formula to great effect, but now I can't find the
> spreadsheet I used it in, and I need to recreate the formula.
>
> I also haven't been able to turn it up using google search.
>
> Can anyone here point me to the correct formula again?
>
> Thanks.

0
PeoSjoblom (789)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Change range based on value of a cell
Hi all, I'm trying to do a COUNTIF, but want to change the range depending on a number somewhere else in the spreadsheet. For example, if the number is 3, I want to count from C1:G1, but if the number is 4 I want to count from D1:G1. I've used the address function to find out which cell I want to start from, and then concatenated that to the end point of the range (this never changes). So I'm left with a cell that contains the value of the range (C1:G1 or D1:G1) depending upon the number which is input above. Is it possible to use this cell, which contains the value C1:G1 to repl...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Find values of properties of checkbox
How do you find the values of a property (such as whether or not they are checked) when the check boxes have been created on the fly? Any help would be much appreciated! *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Mike P" <mike.parr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OBhh2ds4KHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do you find the values of a property (such as whether or not they > are checked) when the check boxes have been created on the fly? Is it a Web or WinForms application? If you did not keep a Reference to the checkboxe...

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Read value in txt file
Hello to everybody I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get "fr" as value. language = fr country = france Thank you by advance and have a nice day. <bcastaing@gmail.com> said this in news item news:389dabc3-ca3b-440b-b55a-a93ca9221025@w16g2000yqw.googlegroups.com... > Hello to everybody > > I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value > will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get > "fr"...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

Top Values in a column
Hi there, I have a column of values (E3:E50) and I want to list below this column, in a cell (lets say E52) the SUM of the top 5 highest values. The glitch (as there always is one) is that I don't want every cell to be considered - I only want, for example, E5, E8, E11, E14, E17, E20, E23, E26, E29, E32, E35, E38, E41, E44, E47 & E50 to be included. Is there a way to do this? Whilst I mention it - would there be a way, with conditional formatting perhaps, that any cell in that selection (E5, E8, E11, etc.) that IS a top 5 value - could it become a different colour? Any help would ...

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

How do I used the outlook?
I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user name. What should I do? Version of Outlook? Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its POP3, but could be IMAP. If you need more assistance with this we need to know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:daily...