Using formulas for pivot table

I know you have the count field but is there away to input a formula?
For example customer ordered 25 cases and each case weighs 4 lbs and
the end result would need to be total pounds ordered.
Thanks!

0
tskb (5)
9/14/2006 9:14:45 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you do the calculation in the pivot table you may not get the result
that you expect. If possible, add a field to the source data, and
calculate the order total there.
Then, add the OrderTotal field to the pivot table's data area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5912)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Formula Syntax
Hi Excel Forum, I believe the following formulas all find the MINIMUM value that is NO = zero (<>0) and produce the same results. I am unsure of their syntax Can you explain the syntax of the following formulas and th differences between them: =MIN(IF(A1:A20,A1:A20)) =MIN(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) =MIN(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20,"")) How does the first formula work and, if there is a zero 0 avoi returning a zero 0 without mentioning NOT = zero <>0? what are the quotation marks for and what do they do? When would it be preferable to use one syntax rather than anoth...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Formula staying as a formula in a cell?
Does anyone know why a formula stays a formula in a cell? I know that using the aspostrophe makes it like a string, like '=blah+blah, but this one doesn't...I even have made the cell General and made sure that calculate automatic was selected. This thing is driving me nuts. Any suggestions??? You can't just format the cell as general if it was text to start with. You need to format as general AND then hit F2 and then enter. the other possibility is that you have the Formulas view turned on in Tools / Options / View Tab / Uncheck Show Formulas in Window options. Ideally you...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

Help pasting Word table into Excel, please?
(Using Word and Excel XP) I have a table in Word with no merged cells. The text in some cells, however, contain line or paragraph breaks. When copied and pasted into Excel, these cells are always formatted as merged, with a new cell at each line or paragraph break. Is there any way around this, so a cell will copy as a single cell with the breaks in the text? Ed I don't see how merged cells comes into play.... But saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. On...

Pivot Tables, calculated fields
I'm trying to add two calculated fields to a pivot tabe. I'd prefer that the field calculation the takes a row item quantity or dollar figure and calculates the item as a percentage of the total. Such as region xx has 85% of the total sales units but only 78% of the total sales dollars. Can anyone help me? Instead of a calculated field, you can add data fields to the pivot table. In the pivot table wizard, double-click the data field button Click the Options button For 'Show data as', select % of column. Excel GuRu wrote: > I'm trying to add two calculated field...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

What do you use Excel for?

combining cells in tables in excel
I have created 2 excel tables in 1 word document and I need to add the sum of 1 cell out of each table together. I know that there is a way to reference the cells in other tables but every formula that i try does not work. I have already bookmarked both tables as instructed by Help and yet still nothing. If anyone can help me link these 2 cells together it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ...