Username Field/General Options

Hello,

I have problem with field named "Username" on General Tab (Options). By
a standart this field is filled with Administrator user name for every
user (we use TS Servers). Is there a way to fill this field correctly
with use of some script or GP (now i need to apply this setting to
every user) ? I was not able to find out the solution yet, but in
moment if i'm trying to open the file which is is opened by some else
(no matter who), i'm getting a shitty message, that file is used by
administrator  (changing this option field results in correct user
recognization, of course) :/

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How do I TRIM a field in existing fields....?
I didn't realize when I imported some data into my database that there were a bunch of spaces after all the data. I know that I can do a RTRIM the data in a query, but I don't want to have to remember every time I create a query to TRIM it. Do I have to use a query and make a temp table and then delete the data from my original table and then put the data back in from my temp table. I can do this, but wanted to know if there is a better way. Thanks Kelvin Kelvin A standard approach to importing (and "cleaning") data is to import/append to a temporary table, then ...

Forms - Conditional Field Locking
I have a form with three fields. We will call them BillingID, ClientID and ClientName. I want to lock the second and third fields unless something in entered into the first field. I would also like to allow the End User to tab past the second and third field (TabStop = No) if no value is placed in the first field. Can one one help me? Thank you ahead of time. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

setting a date type field to null
I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its value to null but I get an error. Dim HoldDate as date Holddate = "" I have several other fields that are text that are obviously fine, but I am not sure how to set a default for the date type field. I need to initialize the field after I write a record out before processing new records Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- KSH On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:06:00 -0800, KSH wrote: > I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its > value to null but I get an error. &g...

Location Field in the Calendar
I have Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Professional. When inputting an appointment in the calendar, how do I delete one of the selections, or add a selection, in the Location field? Thanks for the help. George Lutz http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/clearlocation.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

Fields from two Tables on Report.
Hi, My project is in MS Access 2002. In that I have one Form which enter data in two different Tables, when I click on Submit Button it will run two diffrent queries one by one. Now I want to generate Report from that Tables. But I don't know how can I put Fields from two different Tables in Report's Detail Section. If Feilds are from only one Table than I can set Report's Record Source property to that TableName.\ But I don't know how to set it for two tables? Even I put fields in Report and set there Control Source Property to that [TableName].[FieldName]. But when I open r...

username and password
When sending a series of newsletters to hundreds of customers using mail merge, I often have the problem of being asked for a username and password, which I supply, but it still doesn't work. I have to delete the user account and reinstall it. Then everything works fine again. Is there some reason why this occurs? Depends on the mail account you are using. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part o...

Number Field to Text or Words
I would like to take a number field in one cell and in another cell have the it in words. For example in cell A1 = 1550 while in cell A2 it says ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY Is there any way to do this???? Plz Help. Thanks in advance. mr_bsh, have a look here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "mr_bsh" <mr_bsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

New field in a query
Hi Guys, I have a query with a field call YNDATA(the one that is a check mark), what I want is to create another field in the query that when YNDATA is true, this new field has the word "DATA" if is false is just empty. I will apprecite any help Thanks Take a look at Access HELP for the syntax of the IIF() statement. You can use it to add a field in a query that's based on the values in another field. It might look something like (untested): NewField: IIF([YourField] <> 0,"DATA","") A couple of considerations ... "e...

Disabled Options in new mail Outlook 2003
Hi, We are running Outlook 2003(NL) Corp, we also use the outlk11 ADM. Now i have one problem, i can't get options enabled within a new mail (to enable/set From, BCC, signature). Anybody who can help me? Thnx in adv, Rudolf If you're using WordMail as the editor, the From and Bcc commands are on = the drop-down menu triggered by the arrow next to the Options button.=20 WordMail does not include an Insert | Signature command like the regular = Outlook editor. If you want to be able to insert a signature into a = WordMail message manually, you can create an AutoText entry for eac...

With Execute As <username>
I can create a proc, or a trigger, which specify "with execute as <username>". Is it possible to create a View likewise - so it always executes as a nominated user? Or can I run dynamic SQL which will execute as a nominated user? I suspect not, but I thought I'd ask the experts! Thanks Barry According to my BOL 2008, EXECUTE, when executing a string, has an AS clause for security: Execute a character string { EXEC | EXECUTE } ( { @string_variable | [ N ]'tsql_string' } [ + ...n ] ) [ AS { LOGIN | USER } = ' name ' ]...

Extract section of text from a form field
I am creating a filename from form fields using: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim pStr As String pStr = "C:\Users\John\Desktop\" 'Your directory pStr = pStr + ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result pStr = pStr + " " pStr = pStr + ActiveDocument.FormFields("classificationDD").Result pStr = pStr + " " pStr = pStr + ActiveDocument.FormFields("wardDD").Result pStr = pStr + " .docx" ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=pStr Dim sCode As String MsgBox "Your Intelligence report was saved to the central WINTEL inbox fo...

OLAP Custom Fields
I have a project custom field that I am including in my OLAP cube build. It seems to be working to a degree. It is showing up in the MSP Project WSS. The issue I'm having is this cube does not have the other feilds I'm looking for. I have the OLAP Cube Dimensions and Total Fields spreadsheet from msprojectexperts.com (great resources and teachers by the way). What I would like to know is: Is there a way to specify which of the 14 cubes my costom fields get built into? Thanks Micah -- Thank you for your very kind comments about our company and our people! :) The MS...

Special Formatting of Number Field
I have a column that contains 5 digit numbers (12345) and I would like to have this column formatted to add 2 leading zeros, then the first digit, a dash, then the remaining 4 digits. For example, 12345 would be 001-2345. I would to be able to format this column of numbers automatically, and not have to do this for each cell. Select the column and choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom. Enter 000-0000 in the textbox. In article <29B63283-62A4-432E-9C32-AE090B4E1601@microsoft.com>, "weelhow" <weelhow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column that con...

E-mail Field
Does anyone know what table the e-mail field is stored? Thanks, Zach I believe it is SY01200 and I think the field is INET1. Robert "Zach Morgan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4dc701c473dc$eaf57250$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what table the e-mail field is stored? > > Thanks, > > Zach Robert is correct in all regards. However note that the field is labeled Email (or whatever) because that is what was set up in the system. You can change the prompts and what goes in what field as you wish. "Robert&...

Adding background color to an existing field in a table
My earlier post on changing font color was mis-stated. I'm trying to add a background color in one data field in a simple Access database and can't seem to make that happen. I've tried using the [color] option in the Format section in Design View in Table Properties but that doesn't work. Samcam - Change the Back Color property, not the Format. -- Daryl S "samcam" wrote: > My earlier post on changing font color was mis-stated. I'm trying to add a > background color in one data field in a simple Access database and can't seem ...

Populating Custom Fields on the QuoteDetail Screen
I've been asked to add a couple fields to the QuoteDetail screen to display the current cost and the standard cost for a product in addition to the per unit price that is displayed on the standard form. I've added attributes for the new fields in Schema Manager. Can anyone tell me how to populate the new fields? The data is coming from the same table, ProductBase, that I assume the value for priceperunit is coming from. Thanks, Jeannine ...

Labeling user defined fields for customer address
Hi all, My client would like to label or title the user defined fields in the customer address window. I have check the setup windows for sales, but can not find where to lable these fields. Thanks, -- Crystal Roach ...

username and password request
Yesterday I began getting a request for my username and password.&nbsp; After I enter them it pops up again.&nbsp; I have a second Windows Mail account on this computer and it works.&nbsp; I have searched through Google for a fix and anything suggested has no effect.&nbsp; I downloaded Windows Live Mail and the same thing happened.&nbsp; I tried to install Outlook and the same thing happened.&nbsp; I contacted ATT and they do not support Windows Mail anymore.&nbsp; I dont' have any idea if this is an ATT problem, a Windows Mail problem, a Vista problem or if I h...

No username/password
Strange scenario. I purchased a "used" RMS program (very inexpensive...just to see if I like working with it) but I don't have the username and/or passcode for any of the modules (POS, manager or admin). I am unable to contact the seller. Does anyone know how I can recover the username and/or passcode? Is there a master passcode? Thanks- Ken You must run a query in the admin section. I do not know the query but I had to do it when I fat fingered a new password. Keep searching "Ken" wrote: > Strange scenario. I purchased a "used" RMS program (...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Multi-field Primary keys
Have several tables where the primary key consists of 3 individual fields. Is there a way to fererence these fields as a group? Right now I have to reference FLD1, FLD2 and fFLD3. It would be nice to just have to code "TBL1.FLDs123=TBL4.FLDS123" instead of "TBL1.FLD1=TBL4.FLD1,,,,etc. If this issue is addressed somewhere in this newsgroup I just missed it or didn't recognize it. Sorry. -- Steve S Oh yes, there is a solution and it's very simple: stop using composite keys. -- Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. MVP - Windows Live Platform Blog/web site: h...

no 'print from' options in print center
I'm new to mac and maybe this is a case of unfamiliarity with OS and software. Trying to print notes pages from ms powerpoint x, all the help resources i can find seem to indicate that the print centre should include the option to print from powerpoint. This should appear in the copies and pages pop-up. However nothing like this appears. The same thing is true of all office applications I have OSX 10.2.8 on a powerbook G4 thanks for any help on this... I don't understand your question. If you are in PowerPoint, and then you print, then you are printing from PowerPoint. I'm g...