User Form Question

Hi,

I have created a user form for entering names and addresses. I want the
content of the form to go into the next row in a workbook when a button
is pressed. I can get it to go to set cells but not the next free cells
?

Any advice ?

David

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Can't see your code but have a look at Offset method or defining LastRow in
a range.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:51:19 +0000, David <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have created a user form for entering names and addresses. I want the
>content of the form to go into the next row in a workbook when a button
>is pressed. I can get it to go to set cells but not the next free cells
>?
>
>Any advice ?
>
>David

0
Gord
1/26/2009 7:58:04 PM
Suppose your data starts in A2 with titles in A1 and no blanks in column A then

IF [A2]="" then
  [A2]=name
  [B2]=address
Else
  [A1].End(XLDown).Offset(1,0).Select
  ActiveCell = name
  ActiveCell.Offset(0,1) = address
End If

First test checks in case the entry is the first one, the remainder handles
all others.  Note I used different syntaxes (ha) to give you ideas.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

On 2009-01-26 21:00:53 +0000, Shane Devenshire
<ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> said:

> Suppose your data starts in A2 with titles in A1 and no blanks in column A then
>
> IF [A2]="" then
>   [A2]=name
>   [B2]=address
> Else
>   [A1].End(XLDown).Offset(1,0).Select
>   ActiveCell = name
>   ActiveCell.Offset(0,1) = address
> End If
>
> First test checks in case the entry is the first one, the remainder handles
> all others.  Note I used different syntaxes (ha) to give you ideas.

Thanks all,

this is great, very much appreciated.

David

New to User Forms

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

Cells object question
I am using the Cells object to set the "locked" property of my spreadsheet. The line looks like this: Cells.locked = True ' or can be False I feel real uncomfortable using that code by itself. Shouldn't I pre-qualify the Cells object with another object such as "ThisWorkbook" or something?? I just want to ensure that this code runs on the workbook it was intended for and not another active workbook. Thank you! Unless you know for certain that the sheet you are concerned with is the activesheet then yes, you should always qualify ...

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Advanced Charts Question
I'm moving and application from Excel to Access. In Excel there are stacked bar charts that show prior years End of Year Summary information along with Monthly summarized data for current year. There's also a target line that runs the width of the chart connecting last year's EOY bar with current year's final target value. To complicate everything, the charted values are in Parts Per Million. In Excel I just added columns for the Historical Annual data to the left of the monthly columns, and a column to the right for the final target value. I also added a row for the target va...

Message Mapping Question
Hi, I have Component One flexgrid control on one MFC app. I derived a class called MyGrid from the CVSFlexgrid ( wrapper class generated by vc++.net IDE ) to deal with some custom functions which are common to all the grids in the app. Now I want to intercept the right mouse button up event in the MYGrid class, do some processing and pass it on, so that if a event handler for this event is present in the dialog contanining the control some further processing is done else not. Something like ON_CONTROL_REFLECT. I implemented ON_CONTROL_REFLECT for windows common controls like combo boxe...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Ownning Business unit on form
Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? anyone? no it's not. Dave Ireland "Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:79d6ed93-3bda-424f-88ea-0e929551c80e@k19g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or > acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you > cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? ...

Table formula optimization Question
I have a spreadsheet (.csv) with 1600 products/rows and several columns. One of the columns that has the product descriptions also contains 1600 rows. In each row under that 'description' column is a formula/code to input a chart/table with product details to our web site in a chart form. (example at http://store.murpheythejeweler.com/store/p/6255-ANTIQUE-WHEEL-PAVE-X.aspx I have many new products that I need to place on the web site with this layout. I need to know how to optimize that particular column to add specific details to the chart formula for the 1600 produc...

DLL import question

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Flyer/tent card question
My pastor wants a flyer with a tent card front/back and a full page inside. How do I do this? (The tent card will have an announcement on the front, and church information on the back. He wants people to be able to unfold it and read full page information inside.) I've tried formatting two different page styles within one document, but Publisher doesn't allow two different formats within the one document. (I even tried repositioning the full page, but since tent cards only show a half of a full page at a time, it doesnn't look right. Will I have to save the tent card in one...