user form drop down box

I am creating a user-form for data entry into a particular worksheet.

For one of the fields I'd like to have a drop down box (which I can figure
out how to get there) with two choices to pick from (which I can't figure
out how to get the choices to show up).

Can someone please tell me how to get the choices to show up in the drop
down box of a user form?

Thank you,
Glenn

0
nospam (155)
6/20/2005 5:02:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Glenn

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me.ComboBox1
    .Style = fmStyleDropDownList
    .AddItem "Beer"
    .AddItem "Cerveza"
    .ListIndex = 1
End With
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> skrev i melding
> I am creating a user-form for data entry into a particular worksheet.
>
> For one of the fields I'd like to have a drop down box (which I can figure
> out how to get there) with two choices to pick from (which I can't figure
> out how to get the choices to show up).
>
> Can someone please tell me how to get the choices to show up in the drop
> down box of a user form?
>
> Thank you,
> Glenn

0
innocent (844)
6/20/2005 5:57:25 PM
Thank you for asking that question for it gives me the chance to give a
little back to the NG after receiving a whole lot of help from it.   I
just went through what you are trying to do this morning.

Here is what I did but there may be a better way.

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your First Item"
    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your Second Item"

' and so forth

End Sub

Hope this helps.

"Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a user-form for data entry into a particular worksheet.
>
> For one of the fields I'd like to have a drop down box (which I can
> figure
> out how to get there) with two choices to pick from (which I can't
> figure
> out how to get the choices to show up).
>
> Can someone please tell me how to get the choices to show up in the
> drop
> down box of a user form?
>
> Thank you,
> Glenn

0
XXXXXXXX (110)
6/20/2005 5:58:51 PM
Thanks to both of you.  This worked.  I am curious about something though -
in the event of a long list or one that is always changing, I can see where
it would be easier to have the data for the drop down box stored on a
worksheet somewhere.

Is that possible?

"Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for asking that question for it gives me the chance to give a
> little back to the NG after receiving a whole lot of help from it.   I
> just went through what you are trying to do this morning.
>
> Here is what I did but there may be a better way.
>

> Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
>
>    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your First Item"
>    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your Second Item"
>
> ' and so forth
>
> End Sub
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I am creating a user-form for data entry into a particular worksheet.
>>
>> For one of the fields I'd like to have a drop down box (which I can
>> figure
>> out how to get there) with two choices to pick from (which I can't figure
>> out how to get the choices to show up).
>>
>> Can someone please tell me how to get the choices to show up in the drop
>> down box of a user form?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Glenn

0
nospam (155)
6/21/2005 2:39:13 AM
Good thinking. There are many ways to do that. Here is three common
solutions; an array, the rowsource property and a loop:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
ComboBox1.List = Sheets(1).Range("A1:A200").Value
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
ComboBox1.RowSource = "=Sheet1!A1:A200"
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim R As Long
For R = 1 To 200
    ComboBox1.AddItem Sheets(1).Cells(R, 1).Text
Next

> Thanks to both of you.  This worked.  I am curious about something
though -
> in the event of a long list or one that is always changing, I can see
where
> it would be easier to have the data for the drop down box stored on a
> worksheet somewhere.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for asking that question for it gives me the chance to give a
> > little back to the NG after receiving a whole lot of help from it.   I
> > just went through what you are trying to do this morning.
> >
> > Here is what I did but there may be a better way.
> >

> > Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
> >
> >    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your First Item"
> >    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your Second Item"
> >
> > ' and so forth
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >

> > "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>I am creating a user-form for data entry into a particular worksheet.
> >>
> >> For one of the fields I'd like to have a drop down box (which I can
> >> figure
> >> out how to get there) with two choices to pick from (which I can't
figure
> >> out how to get the choices to show up).
> >>
> >> Can someone please tell me how to get the choices to show up in the
drop
> >> down box of a user form?
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Glenn

0
innocent (844)
6/21/2005 7:07:30 AM
Thanks!  Now for my next question -

Say I have two (or more combo boxes).  Is there a way to make the choices
that pop up in the second one dependent upon what was picked in the first
one?  (For instance if the first one has two choices - "men" and "women",
and if you pick "men" only the names of men will come up in combo box 2?

Thanks again for your help.  I really appreciate it.
"Harald Staff" <innocent@enron.invalid> wrote in message
> Good thinking. There are many ways to do that. Here is three common
> solutions; an array, the rowsource property and a loop:
>
> Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
> ComboBox1.List = Sheets(1).Range("A1:A200").Value
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
> ComboBox1.RowSource = "=Sheet1!A1:A200"
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
> Dim R As Long
> For R = 1 To 200
>     ComboBox1.AddItem Sheets(1).Cells(R, 1).Text
> Next
> End Sub
>
> HTH. Best wishes Harald
>
> "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> skrev i melding
> > Thanks to both of you.  This worked.  I am curious about something
> though -
> > in the event of a long list or one that is always changing, I can see
> where
> > it would be easier to have the data for the drop down box stored on a
> > worksheet somewhere.
> >
> > Is that possible?
> >
> > "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you for asking that question for it gives me the chance to give
> > > little back to the NG after receiving a whole lot of help from it.   I
> > > just went through what you are trying to do this morning.
> > >
> > > Here is what I did but there may be a better way.
> > >

> > > Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
> > >
> > >    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your First Item"
> > >    YourComboBoxName.AddItem "Your Second Item"
> > >
> > > ' and so forth
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >

> > > "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> figure

> drop

0
me1 (409)
6/21/2005 11:34:57 AM
Sure, several ways. You should be able to solve this by now ;-)

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Glenn" <me@me.com> skrev i melding
> Thanks!  Now for my next question -
>
> Say I have two (or more combo boxes).  Is there a way to make the choices
> that pop up in the second one dependent upon what was picked in the first
> one?  (For instance if the first one has two choices - "men" and "women",
> and if you pick "men" only the names of men will come up in combo box 2?

0
innocent (844)
6/21/2005 12:45:32 PM
Well, I can figure out one way...to make up a user form that has the first
drop down box in it along with a command button that will load a different
user form dependent on what was chosen in the first drop down box.

But, I'd really like this to be all on the same form, to make the process go
quicker.

> Sure, several ways. You should be able to solve this by now ;-)
>
> HTH. best wishes Harald
>
> "Glenn" <me@me.com> skrev i melding
>> Thanks!  Now for my next question -
>>
>> Say I have two (or more combo boxes).  Is there a way to make the choices
>> that pop up in the second one dependent upon what was picked in the first
>> one?  (For instance if the first one has two choices - "men" and "women",
>> and if you pick "men" only the names of men will come up in combo box 2?

0
nospam (155)
6/21/2005 8:53:37 PM
This solution uses names in Sheet1 A column, and M or F in B column
indicating male / female.

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me.ComboBox1
    .Style = fmStyleDropDownList
    .AddItem "Male"
    .AddItem "Female"
    .ListIndex = 1
End With
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox1_Click()
Dim R As Long
ComboBox2.Clear
Select Case ComboBox1.ListIndex
    Case 0
        For R = 1 To 200
            If Sheets(1).Cells(R, 2).Value = "M" Then _
                ComboBox2.AddItem Sheets(1).Cells(R, 1).Value
        Next
    Case 1
        For R = 1 To 200
            If Sheets(1).Cells(R, 2).Value = "F" Then _
                ComboBox2.AddItem Sheets(1).Cells(R, 1).Value
        Next
    Case Else
End Select

> Well, I can figure out one way...to make up a user form that has the first
> drop down box in it along with a command button that will load a different
> user form dependent on what was chosen in the first drop down box.
>
> But, I'd really like this to be all on the same form, to make the process
go
> quicker.
>

> "Harald Staff" <innocent@enron.invalid> wrote in message
> > Sure, several ways. You should be able to solve this by now ;-)
> >
> > HTH. best wishes Harald
> >
> > "Glenn" <me@me.com> skrev i melding
> >> Thanks!  Now for my next question -
> >>
> >> Say I have two (or more combo boxes).  Is there a way to make the
choices
> >> that pop up in the second one dependent upon what was picked in the
first
> >> one?  (For instance if the first one has two choices - "men" and
"women",
> >> and if you pick "men" only the names of men will come up in combo box
2?

0
innocent (844)

New to User Forms

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

Users Shared Folders

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

Tabbing between text boxes in Excel 2007
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple text boxes that I need to quickly type info into and then tab to go to the next text box, this worked just fine in 2003 but since I changed to 2007 it does not allow me to tab between the text boxes, any solutions? I would be happy to send someone an example of my worksheet if that helps. Thanks! Excel 2007 Select shapes with keyboard shortcuts. http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtyf2j2dk4w/03_11_10b.pdf http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymtmzodrrwj/03_11_10b.xlsx ...

Combo Boxes in CListCtrl
Hi, How shall I have combo boxes as CListCtrl subitems? Regards, Vinodh Kumar P See here: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/xlistctrl.asp "Vinodh Kumar P" <thecomdeveloper@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bltlo1$e7h$1@news.mch.sbs.de... > Hi, > How shall I have combo boxes as CListCtrl subitems? > > Regards, > Vinodh Kumar P > > ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Nautica Men's Box Set Watch #N14524G
Price:$145.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000PSN090 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000PSN090 very pleased with purchase, watch offers multiple bands allowing combination options. Rugged watch with excellent weight and feel. With this ingenious box set from Nautica, your watch can now keep up with your changing wardrobe and mood. Arty and modern, this gorgeous watch boasts a choice of three wristbands in varying colors and textures, easily switched with the help of the included tool. A moveable chronograph is etched into the bezel of this casua...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Restricting the input to certain values in an input box
Dear Experts: below macro - which is running just fine - performs the following tasks: 1. Ask the user to input a row number 2. The entered row number and all subsequent row numbers till the last one will acquire a user defined paragraph style. Now here comes my additional requirement to be incorporated into the code: The input is to be restricted to .... 1) only numeric values 2) should range only between 1 and the total number of rows of the currently selected table 3) figures entered that are not within that range should throw an error message (Input not within the rang...

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Ownning Business unit on form
Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? anyone? no it's not. Dave Ireland "Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:79d6ed93-3bda-424f-88ea-0e929551c80e@k19g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or > acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you > cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? ...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...