Upgrade Excel 2003 to 2007 = loads of #div/0

There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel
2003 to Excel 2007.

As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0 errors
in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells have been
calculated, solves the problem.
When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple subtraction,
(three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no divisions.
Calculation option is set to Automatic.

Can someone explain what's happening?

0
Atlas
4/6/2010 11:36:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt
workbook.
Does it happen will all workbooks? What happens after you for the fix and
save the workbook - is it OK when you next open it.
Send me a copy of the file if you wish
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Atlas" <atlaspeak@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel
> 2003 to Excel 2007.
>
> As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0 errors
> in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells have been
> calculated, solves the problem.
> When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple
> subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no divisions.
> Calculation option is set to Automatic.
>
> Can someone explain what's happening?

0
Bernard
4/6/2010 12:49:37 PM
"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@TRUENORTH.stfx.ca> wrote in message
> This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt
> workbook.
> Does it happen will all workbooks? What happens after you for the fix and
> save the workbook - is it OK when you next open it.

Once fixed, as soon as the worksheet is touched, there we go again with the
#div/0

I'm sending you the worksheet, but the email address seems not correct.

> Send me a copy of the file if you wish
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>
> "Atlas" <atlaspeak@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>> There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel
>> 2003 to Excel 2007.
>>
>> As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0
>> errors in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells
>> have been calculated, solves the problem.
>> When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple
>> subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no
>> divisions.
>> Calculation option is set to Automatic.
>>
>> Can someone explain what's happening?

0
Atlas
4/6/2010 1:36:48 PM
Try rebuilding the calculation dependency tree by pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

> "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@TRUENORTH.stfx.ca> wrote in message
>> This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt
>> workbook.
>> Does it happen will all workbooks? What happens after you for the fix and
>> save the workbook - is it OK when you next open it.
>
> Once fixed, as soon as the worksheet is touched, there we go again with
> the #div/0
>
> I'm sending you the worksheet, but the email address seems not correct.
>
>> Send me a copy of the file if you wish
>> --
>> Bernard Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>>
>> "Atlas" <atlaspeak@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>>> There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from
>>> Excel 2003 to Excel 2007.
>>>
>>> As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0
>>> errors in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells
>>> have been calculated, solves the problem.
>>> When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple
>>> subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no
>>> divisions.
>>> Calculation option is set to Automatic.
>>>
>>> Can someone explain what's happening?

0
Niek

RSG in EXchagne 2007
IS the recovery storage group that was in EX 2003 in Ex 2007? If so how do i enable it? I cant see were to do this. Thanks "Recovering Mailboxes and Individual Items Exchange 2007 provides additional flexibility with regard to how you can recover mailboxes. This flexibility is made possible using features such as the recovery storage group. You can also help protect mailbox data on the client side with the Cached Exchange Mode feature of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007". It's a function of the Disaster Recovery Tools, located under the Toolbox. Run the Database Recovery...

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon.
After removing Office XP and installing Office 2003, the Outlook Desktop icon disappeared. I would like to have it back, because it contains certain functions a normal shortcut doesn't have. Strangely, when I reinstall Office XP the Outlook XP Desktop icon appears. However, after installing again Office 2003 there's again no Outlook 2003 Desktop icon. I working with Windows XP Professional edition. This is normal and part of the new software requirements for Windows XP. (During the beta, adding the icon back via a reg hack introduced odd error messages.) Instead you can try thi...

win CE 6.0 build error
Im running MIPSII CPU on Win CE 6.0 everything was well on building BSP until I updated R3 and several QFE for Win CE 6.0 from Jan --> Aug 2009. sysgen ERROR is the one I get - it fails within a minute of SYSGEN or clean SYSGEN the folliwing is what I get from build.log at \WINCE600\ -------------------- icrosoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. -nodefaultlib -include:DllMain -entry:_DllMainCRTStartup -pdb:C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\build_test\build_test\Wince600\simuMIPSII_MIPSII\cesysgen\oak\target\MIPSI...

Excel will not fill in the months
Appearently Excel refuses to fill in the months. After having typed January in cell A2, selected cell A2, placed the pointer in the bottom right corner of the cell and then dragging downwards, the rest of the months do NOT fill in. For numbers it DOES work, though. This is part of the online training course at: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010437481033 A little help would be appreciated. I am using Excel 2003. Simon Tofte Simon, Check Tools / Options... "Custom Lists" tab, and make sure that you have a list "January, February,..." ...

0 values in pivot tables
Hello everyone, I have a pivot table and I have a field that calculates the average of scores for certain people according to the number of records that they correctly created in a database. The score is determined by the number of records created correctly divided by the total number of records. In some cases, some people have not created any records. It is grouped like this on the list : Sales Manager Sales Rep Score John Jim 50% John Andy 60% John James 70% John Peter ...

Cannot see opened Excel file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't see an excel file that I've opened. Double clicking the file launches Excel but I can't see the document. I've tried opening through excel/file/open....etc it didn't work too. <br><br>Note that this problem is only for some files not all In article <59bb797e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Nico1712@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I can't see an excel file that I've...

some questions about contact activity in Outlook 2007
Hello, I have several questions about one contact->View->Activities 1)Very often (not always) this list is empty. When I change the selection with "View:" and go back to "View: All elements" I can see the elements. 2)It's there a better way than the search when a contact have more than one email account? When I open the properties from the contact folder and open the Activity tabulator, I can only select folders from the same PST file. 3)When I try to insert a notice or another element with Insert->insert elements this element appears in the "Notice"...

how to convert a html page to excel format ?
I tried to cut and paste and the format becomes disorganised. Moreover when I copied the picture, it transferred into a cell. Is there an shareware or aid available that helps in this aspect. URGENT .... :confused -- michaelta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- michaeltan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39011 You could try File - Open, and enter the URL in the filename box. Depending on your version of Excel, it might work well enough....

Upgrading the CPU?

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

#DIV/0! error
Dear All I am sure this problem I have can be easily resolved however, I have tried all the online help without success. I want to work out the percentage of two numbers however, to be able include zeros as part of the template. Example C1/B1=D1 as a percentage. Obviously when zero's are entered into the cells it generates the '#DIV/0!'. I have tried entering '=IF(C1=0,"",C1/B1) but it still comes back with the error. Additionally, can you write a conditional format that changes what is displayed when you get an error message? IE. =IF(D1=#DIV/0!,"100"...

Single quotes surrounding email display name in Outllook 2003 for Sent Items #2
I am posting again and hopping I can find a solution, if there is one for this issue. >> I have a small issue with Outlook 2003 where any email I send to a >> person which is not in my Contacts list, it displays single quotes >> surrounding the email display name in Sent Items folder. Thanks to the group, Traian "Traian Nemes" <traian_nemes@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:egpyZAz$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > It's not doing it all the time, and when I group by display name I do see > two groups, one with the quotes and one without f...

how start Excel w/o asking enable macros?
Thanks for any help. I have a workbook with macros that I start up automatically everytime I log into my account (I have the shortcut to the Excel file in the startup menu). Is there a way I can set Excel so that it doesn't ask me if I want to enable macros for that file? I do this everyday, and could save a second that way, and make one less step for the user to have to do, too. Thanks again. If you 'sign' the macro, set your security level to medium, and indicate that you are a trusted auther, you won't be bothered with the prompt. The cheap way to sign is to create t...

Charracter error in Outlook 2003 junk mail folder name in Spanish for IMAP
Hi, I'm writing because I have the following situation: I'm adding to my Outlook 2003 an IMAP account, and when I add it the junk mail folder name that in spanish is "Correo electr=F3nico no deseado" under root folder of the IMAP account appear as "Correo electr&AMP-nico no deseado". Obviously this is a problem about recognizing special characters of other languages. I tried to rename the folder without luck, every time I execute Outlook 2003 the name of the junk mail folder appears with the "&AMP-" I would like to know which file I can touch to ...

unable to drag scrollbar in excell 2000
I have office 2000 installed on my xp home sp2 machine and when i click on the scroll bar in excel to drag it to the required point on the worksheet it just jumps to the end of the sheet in effect acting like a page up or down button. i am actually clicking on the scroll bar as i now clicking under it has the same effect. has anyone come across this or have a fix? i have a wheel mouse and can scroll down the page with that but this is starting to bug me now.. any suggestions greatly appreciated ...

8.0 Upgrade

Excel in
Help! I have one client that has an excel spreadsheet embedded in email that she could previously edit. Now every time the speadsheet is activated it shrinks to a uncomprehendable size. Outlook and Office have both been uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and what was the solution other than blast her profile and rebuilding her computer? -- Thang Nguyen You may want to add more description to "uncomprehendable size". If the application is minimized (or made a small window), maximize it. If the zoom factor has been changed (wi...

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

XP Upgrade

Pivot table in Excel. Exported data from access as excel sheet.
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. I do that each time with the export to excel button available in access which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it into appropriate excel file format. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with creating the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. I would like to have a pivot table in sheet2 based on data range in sheet1. C...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade