Another payroll question,
I have a workbook that contains 26 sheets, one for each bi-weekl
payroll period. I would like to set it up so when i add a new employe
the rest of the sheets also update automatically with that employee
name and information.
I have been able to acheive this to a limited degree using th
=sheet1!a1 formula, but this only updates the info in the first cel
and particularly the first column.
I would like to acheive this using the first sheet, since at th
end of the year I would like to be able to calculate ytd figure
easily.

Thank

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If all sheets share the same structure you could just select first sheet then
right-click on the sheet tab and "select all sheets".

What you type in on first sheet will be entered on all sheets.

DO NOT forget to "ungroup sheets" when done.

BTW....  =Sheet1!A1 can be dragged and copied down or across with the A1
incrementing to A2,A3,A4 etc.

Again, do this while all sheets are selected.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:14:52 -0600, fyrfytr265
<fyrfytr265.yg42y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Another payroll question,
>I have a workbook that contains 26 sheets, one for each bi-weekly
>payroll period. I would like to set it up so when i add a new employee
>the rest of the sheets also update automatically with that employees
>name and information.
>I have been able to acheive this to a limited degree using the
>=sheet1!a1 formula, but this only updates the info in the first cell
>and particularly the first column.
>I would like to acheive this using the first sheet, since at the
>end of the year I would like to be able to calculate ytd figures
>easily.
>
>Thanks
>

>---

Gord

Problem with Script Updating

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

Report problem
I have this report that shows all receipts from any given client. The total outstanding balance is then tallied in the report. For some, the total outstanding balance is $0. In this case, I don't want that person to show up in the report. Is there a way to omit them? I know I could do it it in the underlying query, but the only way I know to do it requires totaling everything in the query, which would eliminate the ability to show each receipt individually on the report. Thanks! Create a totals query that calculates the balance by client. Then add this totals query to your re...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Data not being saved
Form is based on a combobox that pulls 1000s of records. The combobox record source is a query that is based on customer numbers. The form does not consistently save changes to records. However, if the same form is modified to pull only a single record (i.e., not based on a combobox of 1000s) then changes are saved. How are you making "changes to records" ... i.e., to more than one record at a time? Usually, a form displays a single record, and Access saves the changes when instructed, or when another record is called up. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP &...

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Copy and Paste based on criteria
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRES...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

Merge into same document using different data sources
I have a template file that I use as a mailer. Each week I set up my merge fields and merge from an excel data file. The following week I want everything to look exactly the same but want to merge from a different excel list. I open the publication, tell it to proceed without connection to the datasource (my old list), choose tools, mail merge, use an existing list ... and all of my perfectly placed merge fields disappear! So every time I want to use another list I have to put my merge fields in again. My headers are the same in every excel file so mapping should not be a problem. ...

Data Labels xy scatter plot
I want to put a dot at 4,4 - 5,5 - 10,8 But want to label those points on the chart with the DATA ID column (e.g. 1a, 1b, 2e) - I can't figure it out, can someone point me toward the answer. Y Axis X Axis DATA ID 4 4 1a 5 5 1b 10 8 2e -Steve On Feb 24, 9:44=A0am, brittonsm <britto...@gmail.com> wrote: Hello: Try http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm This application should be able to do what you need. Pieter Vandenberg > I want to put a dot at 4,4 - 5,5 - 10,8 > > But want to label those points on the chart with the DATA ID column > (e.g. 1a, 1b, 2e)...

latest update too MSCFV2

putting data into multiple tables
Using Access 2002 and would like to enter data into form which will then send to fields in multiple tables and update them. Can this be done and how need basic explanation Why do you want to send the data to different Tables? If The Tables all belong to the same Database. ie you're not dealing with different back-end systems, you probably have a serious normalization problem. Data should normally only have to be in one table in a relational database. Pieter "Phillipa" <Phillipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:994354EC-1216-4EEB-9CA9-D9F0880B03C5@mic...

Excel Problem: Cursur disappears over Sheet
I have rescently had a spreadsheet sent to me with a price list with macros which ran very well. Since that time my cursor disappears when it is over a sheet but reappears when the mouse is moved to the top menu or the side bar. It must be a macro problem. (?? Virus). I have run an updated Nortons Antivirus check with no viruses found. This must be an Excel macro error. Can anyone help me to correct this problem? ...

Data Migration Import
I am setting up the migration to only import the "Account" entity. I load the cdf table with all the required fields. When I run the migration it says everything was successful but no data is imported. What am I missing? ...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update