UPC Equation #2

Okay so far i have figured out the sticky part of the equation.

Steps 1-6..no problem. This is what i fgured out.

Step One: Suppose you want to find the Check Digit for the UCC-12
(U.P.C.) Number 61414121022. Set up a table with 12 columns, and put
the number 61414121022 into Positions One through Eleven. Position
Twelve will be blank because it is reserved for the Check Digit.
Step Two: Add the numbers in Positions One, Three, Five, Seven, Nine,
and Eleven:
Step Three: Multiply the result of Step Two by three:
Step Four: Add the numbers in Positions Two, Four, Six, Eight, and Ten:

Step Five: Add the results of Step Three and Step Four:

=SUMPRODUCT(MID(A2,{1,3,5,7,9,11},1)+0)*3+SUMPRODUCT(MID(A2,{2,4,6,8,10},1)+0)

Step Six: The Check Digit is the smallest number needed to round the
result of Step Five up to a multiple of 10. In this example, the Check
Digit is 0.

=IF(MOD(B2,10)=0,0,10-MOD(B2,10))

This gives me the 12th digit. Now here is my problem. I want to set
this up so all i have to do is put this into 1 field...such as A2 and
have the above equations work together without having to use multiple
field entries.

In addition to that i want this to put the number in the neighboring
field.
so i enter the 11 digits in Field A2 but in B2 the 12 digit number
appears.

Finally i want this to be able to apply to one entire column.  So if i
put various numbers in Columns A3-A45 i want the same equation to work
on each field and put the number in the corresponding "B" Field.

Any ideas?

--
PneumaGT
PneumaGT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15836

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

flag for follow up #2
Does a message have to be in the default Inbox for the Flag for Follow Up feature to work? If not is there something special I have to do? I have several rules which sorts out my e-mails so most of the important items aren't in the inbox any more. You can flag items in any folder, but if you want the flag to remind you of the item, it will need to be in your default folders (Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, etc). You won't get reminders for user-created folders. However, see http://www.slovaktech.com for a product called Extended Reminders that will help you with this. -- P...

Tables #2
I would like to create a table that could be prepared from a data set. An example of what I am trying to do is as follows: Have the following: Date Room Event 1/2/2008 100 ABC Corp 1/2/2008 101 ABC Corp 1/2/2008 103 ABC Corp 1/3/2008 100 ABC Corp 1/3/2008 101 ABC Corp 1/4/2008 103 XYZ Corp 1/4/2008 104 XYZ Corp Would like to have prepared from the above data set 100 ...

clearing a cell #2
I'm very new at using excel and if someone could help me please:) :) how do I keep a formula in a cell example I've put the formula in the cell and go back to it to enter some data and need to clear the data I always seem to clear my formula what do I do????to keep the formula in the cell Thanks gg -- genevieveg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ genevieveg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30333 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499991 Formulas cant work in the cel...

lookup multiple values #2
Hi I'm trying to find a way so that I can combine information fro multiple sorted cells. The information is access dates to onlin courses. These dates are in 2 columns but show many sessions o different dates. So for example a person with username joebloggs and o course code 100123 may have log on and log off times on 10 differen days eg. joebloggs#100123 is shown in 10 rows next to 10 log on and 1 log off times. I need to be able to lookup all log on and log off times fo joebloggs#100123 and combine this in one cell separated by commas. So I guess I need a way of running a VLOOKUP that...

About Equation Tool
To who are to be concerned, I am Chew Chit Siang, a student from TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN COLLEGE from Malaysia. I am the last year student and doing my final year Computer Science and Statistic project right now. My fyp topic is EasyMath software that allow users to enter the equation and the software will calculate the answer for users and also included steps for getting answer. This sound interesting and makes me want to complete this project but I facing one problem that inserting mathematical equation like Equation Tool in MS Word 2007. So the purpose of my email is wanna to ask...

Outlook quitting immediately after opening #2
Outlook quitting immediately after opening Outlook quits straight after it opens. I have removed it and re-installed it but its made nodifference. I get a half second view of the inbox (which is still my original inbox which seems strange after removal and reinstallation?) -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Spam Blocker #2
Is there anyway to use the Contacts folder or the address book as a filter to send unwanted email to the deleted folder rather than to the inbox using the email addresses in the contacts and address folder as a filter against the senders email address. This would stop all email who I didn't have a valid address from hitting my inbox. In other words, before you can send me an email I have to have your email address in my contacts or address book before I'll get it. That way I would have full control over who can and cannot send me an email or spam me. Does this sound via...

UPC Equation #2
Okay so far i have figured out the sticky part of the equation. Steps 1-6..no problem. This is what i fgured out. Step One: Suppose you want to find the Check Digit for the UCC-12 (U.P.C.) Number 61414121022. Set up a table with 12 columns, and put the number 61414121022 into Positions One through Eleven. Position Twelve will be blank because it is reserved for the Check Digit. Step Two: Add the numbers in Positions One, Three, Five, Seven, Nine, and Eleven: Step Three: Multiply the result of Step Two by three: Step Four: Add the numbers in Positions Two, Four, Six, Eight, and Ten: Step...

Vlookup multiple #2
We have invoices by company name how can we select all the invoices with 1 vlookup ex:row a1 A10 A13 A17 all are for (john) all of them are for for the same customer we want to have several lines on invoice for each invoice automatically filled itemized with vlookup, or what is if we need only invoice from a10? auto filter or sort -- paul paul.shepherd@nospamparadise.net.nz remove nospam for email addy! "dk" wrote: > We have invoices by company name how can we select all the invoices with 1 > vlookup ex:row a1 A10 A13 A17 all are for (john) > all of them are for...

Pivot Tables #2
I am trying to format a pivot table with different rows of data. Attached is a copy of the current report, done in Crystal (it takes way to long). Is there a way to format a pivot table in Excel like this? Hi no file attached. BUT in this NG please do NOT attach files. Most people won't open them anyway. Try to explain in plain text what you're trying to achieve -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Richard E. Van Daele, Jr. wrote: > I am trying to format a pivot table with different rows of data. > Attached is a copy of the current report, done in Crystal (it tak...

merger #2
I have stock over which has merged with Yhoo. From the merger I got .6108 share of Yhoo + $4.75 cash. When I try to use the record the merge option it doesn't give me option for cash received in the transaction. The cash is capital gain & at the same time it should reduce my cost basis for the new yahoo share. I have money 2003 deluxe version. Thanks ...

upc entries
My microsoft partner tells me I need 12 digit upcs entered. All my suppliers are sending me 10 digit numbers. Can I put 00 to start the upc to make it 12. The smaller digits before and after the upc to make 12 are not consistent between companies. please help. arik Not sure why he says you need 12 digits. I use 11 for all my products with no problem. The last digit is a check digit and is not needed. Craig "Arik" <Arik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073374A3-9F84-4599-A871-52908EDE7434@microsoft.com... > My microsoft partner tells me I need 12 dig...

Purchase Order Approvals #2
If you access an Approved Purchase Order and change ANYTHING in the window, such as the Comments, the status of the Purchase Order switches back to Unapproved. Only changes affecting the document Total should switch the status back to Unapproved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

equations
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Math equations are not displaying correctly. If I open on my son's PC (Word 2007) they come up fine. We need a bit more detail to be sure, but I think that's a known bug that should be fixed in the Service Release that is due soon. On 5/05/08 6:42 AM, in article ee9a836.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Nora@officeformac.com" <Nora@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > Math equations are not displaying correctly. If I...

CRM 1.2 Internet Explorer crashing
Has anyone experienced IE crashing when changing windows in CRM 1.2 or know a fix for it? All my users here are reporting CRM closing down when trying to go from one screen to another in CRM, but it only happens at random. The error message logged is Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, fault address 0x0006cfce. TIA Hits Hello Hitesh, This looks like its covered under another thread. do a search for mshtml.dll and you'll find thread that ends with a note that MS is looking at it. I went down the same path myself,...

Sumif??? #2
Okay I have a formula now that I am using to calc. the Year-to-date point will be deleted. "=SUM(EDATE(B8,12)+10" I want it to only calc. if there is a point value >0 in D. So I would use Sumif but Im not quite sure how to nest that together -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26169 Hi still not very clear what you're trying to do. Try to post some data rows (p...

Auto Update #2
I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily basis without having to open the document, enter the password, then save the document? Thank you in advance, Tony Maybe you could have a macro do it for you. But you'll have to embed the passwords in the code. Tony wrote: > > I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. > > Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily > basis without having to open the document, enter the password, t...

split text in cell into 2 #2
I am needing help with formula. I have a cell that takes values from several other cells to create one long line text (for a command used in other app). For ex: a1=jack b1=ran c1="There was a person named"&a1&"who was hungry and"&b1&" to Mcdonalds." This process works great except when the line is greater than 72. I need an if statment that says if c1 length is greater than 72 then to split / replace line AFTER name(a1). Where the split occurs a +, and carriage return needs to be added. So in the example above (pretend length will be over 72,...

Calendars #2
I am looking at inserting a calendar within my spreadsheet. Nonetheless, I want the calendar to pop up WHEN I click within any cells within the range H6:H900. I have looked at sites such as http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm and am ok with setting up the calendar. Nonetheless, how do I set it up so that the calendar automatically pops up when I click in any cell within the range H6:H900? Thanks Worzel See Ron de Bruin's site for code. Adjust the range to H6:H900 http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:00:35 GMT, "Worzel Gummidge" <...

Save #2
I have a activeworkbook.save command as stated in a previous post but I'm not quite happy with it... Basically it takes too long to save. I'm usuing an old PC and it takes about 3 seconds to save. However if I only have the speadsheet open (and not my forms) it saves really quick. I'm assuming the activeworkbook.save is saving everything (all sheets and probably all the code in my forms) but I only need it to save the data in sheet1. I have searched for another save but can't seem to find. Is there a sheet1.save option? Thanks... -- The Zero ST Craig Excel's File>...

Printing Catalog #2
I have made a booklet using Publisher Catalog template. When I print out the pages I am fine, except that I have a blank page in the middle. My project is 28 pages and I have a blank page between pages 14 & 15. Please help ASAP grammy wrote: > I have made a booklet using Publisher Catalog template. When I print out the > pages I am fine, except that I have a blank page in the middle. My project > is 28 pages and I have a blank page between pages 14 & 15. > > Please help ASAP Sounds like you've made a 27-page catalogue, and forgotten to add an extra blank...

No Access to Public Folder #2
Hello, I have a problem with my Exchange 2000, as I just tried to open the Public Folder in the System Manager I got this message: The object is no longer available Press F5 to try again ID No 800040e19 Exchange System Manager I also cannot connect to the mailboxes with Outlook Wb Access What can I do? ...

backup #2
I've saved my old email folders to a CD for backup. When i try to retreive the files in Outlook Express I can't find the files. Can somebody tell me how to get my backed up files? ...

solving equations using Excel
Hi! I want to use Excel to solve an equation. How to do this and with whic tool? Below is my equation: y = 0,75y + 0,4x x = 0,25y + 0,6x 1 = y + x I need the value of y and x. Please help me out. Tnx -- arnold_charmin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- arnold_charming's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2935 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49150 ...