unwrap phase

anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over
180degrees in excel?

cheers

Phil

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Phil, I'm not sure what you mean by 180 degrees, but one way to keep
phrases from being broken by word wrap is to use non-printing
characters between the words instead of spaces.  This works for me (I'm
using Arial font):  Select one of the spaces you want to replace.
Click Insert on the menubar, then Symbol.  Scroll down until you see a
blank square.  Click on it to select it.  Then click Insert, then
Close.  Then press Enter to exit the edit mode.  This should prevent
the phrase from breaking where you put the non-printing character.
HTH, James
Phil Newman wrote:
> anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over
> 180degrees in excel?
>
> cheers
>
> Phil

0
jkend69315 (39)
12/13/2006 3:38:16 PM
my phase data is being wrapped over by 180degrees. the data is in a
column format, and the format of the data has nothing to do with the
problem. it is a mathematical problem.  once the phase data exceeds
+/-180degrees it "wraps" around to the other polarity, ie, phase that
goes 178 179 180 -179 -178 instead of 178 179 180 181 182...

thanks for your suggestion though,

Phil

jkend69315@aol.com wrote:
> Phil, I'm not sure what you mean by 180 degrees, but one way to keep
> phrases from being broken by word wrap is to use non-printing
> characters between the words instead of spaces.  This works for me (I'm
> using Arial font):  Select one of the spaces you want to replace.
> Click Insert on the menubar, then Symbol.  Scroll down until you see a
> blank square.  Click on it to select it.  Then click Insert, then
> Close.  Then press Enter to exit the edit mode.  This should prevent
> the phrase from breaking where you put the non-printing character.
> HTH, James
> Phil Newman wrote:
> > anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over
> > 180degrees in excel?
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > Phil

Phil,

Perhaps a formula?

=IF(A1<0,A1+360,A1)

copied down to match your data, then do a copy pastespecial values to remove the formulas.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Phil Newman" <phillenium2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> my phase data is being wrapped over by 180degrees. the data is in a
> column format, and the format of the data has nothing to do with the
> problem. it is a mathematical problem.  once the phase data exceeds
> +/-180degrees it "wraps" around to the other polarity, ie, phase that
> goes 178 179 180 -179 -178 instead of 178 179 180 181 182...
>
> thanks for your suggestion though,
>
> Phil
>

> jkend69315@aol.com wrote:
>> Phil, I'm not sure what you mean by 180 degrees, but one way to keep
>> phrases from being broken by word wrap is to use non-printing
>> characters between the words instead of spaces.  This works for me (I'm
>> using Arial font):  Select one of the spaces you want to replace.
>> Click Insert on the menubar, then Symbol.  Scroll down until you see a
>> blank square.  Click on it to select it.  Then click Insert, then
>> Close.  Then press Enter to exit the edit mode.  This should prevent
>> the phrase from breaking where you put the non-printing character.
>> HTH, James
>> Phil Newman wrote:
>> > anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over
>> > 180degrees in excel?
>> >
>> > cheers
>> >
>> > Phil

0
Bernie
12/13/2006 6:45:43 PM
Phil, Obviously, I misread your post.  Oops!  James
Phil Newman wrote:
> my phase data is being wrapped over by 180degrees. the data is in a
> column format, and the format of the data has nothing to do with the
> problem. it is a mathematical problem.  once the phase data exceeds
> +/-180degrees it "wraps" around to the other polarity, ie, phase that
> goes 178 179 180 -179 -178 instead of 178 179 180 181 182...
>
> thanks for your suggestion though,
>
> Phil
>

> jkend69315@aol.com wrote:
> > Phil, I'm not sure what you mean by 180 degrees, but one way to keep
> > phrases from being broken by word wrap is to use non-printing
> > characters between the words instead of spaces.  This works for me (I'm
> > using Arial font):  Select one of the spaces you want to replace.
> > Click Insert on the menubar, then Symbol.  Scroll down until you see a
> > blank square.  Click on it to select it.  Then click Insert, then
> > Close.  Then press Enter to exit the edit mode.  This should prevent
> > the phrase from breaking where you put the non-printing character.
> > HTH, James
> > Phil Newman wrote:
> > > anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over
> > > 180degrees in excel?
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >
> > > Phil

0
jkend69315 (39)

How do you do a phased migration of blackberry users to a new BES?
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has ever done a phased migration of blackberry users? i.e. move half the users from one BES to another now, and then the other half in about 3 or 4 weeks. I ask b/c we're upgrading our infra from NT to 2K and the entire site won't be done for more or less a month. If this was a cut over migration I think you can just export the database and put it on the new BES and everyone is happy. But b/c we have half the users to migrate now, we need to keep BlackBerry service up and running for the newly migrated users tied to Win2k/Exchange2k and the old users w...

why does a phase always get set as a hyperlink in my outlook?
I have an issue that I can't find an answer to. When I enter certain phases in my Outlook message it gets set to a Hyperlink and I can't figure out how to remove it so it never happens again. I don't want to loose hyperlinking in my emails but these phases keep hyperlinking and I am getting tired of having to right click the phrase and remove hyperlink every time. Of course, if you leave the phrase hyperlinked and click on it it just displays the message: The specified address is not recognized or does not exist. Please veriy the address and try again....... Is th...

unwrap phase
anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over 180degrees in excel? cheers Phil Phil, I'm not sure what you mean by 180 degrees, but one way to keep phrases from being broken by word wrap is to use non-printing characters between the words instead of spaces. This works for me (I'm using Arial font): Select one of the spaces you want to replace. Click Insert on the menubar, then Symbol. Scroll down until you see a blank square. Click on it to select it. Then click Insert, then Close. Then press Enter to exit the edit mode. This should prevent the phrase fro...

Disable unwrap text in outlook 2003
When reading email in Outlook 2003, it wraps it by default. I get alot of text emails that get all screwed up with this option enabled. When I go to Format / Unwrap Text, it fixes the problem. However, I have to do that on each message which takes forever. It'd be nice if I could disable it permanately. Thanks for your help! Click on tools>options>email-options and uncheck remove extra lines in plain text messages. Guess that should take care of it. Sharath "karunagaran" wrote: > When reading email in Outlook 2003, it wraps it by default. I get alot > of text ema...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...

Calculating Moon Phases
Rooting around I found that the period from new moon to new moon is 29.53058867 days. So, starting with a new moon in the past somewhere, such as 11/18/1998 8:27 pm, I should be able to figure out the phases by doing this: MoonDay% = (NOW - #11/18/1998 8:27 pm#) MOD 29.53058867 That makes MoonDay% = 18, or 18 days since the last new moon. But it's not. It's been 23 days since the last new moon. Okay, so maybe there's been some drift. Let's set a more recent new moon, January 26 of this year: MoonDay% = (NOW - #1/26/2009 7:55 am#) MOD 29.53058867 N...

Displaying several phases of a task on MS Project
Hi, I'm trying to display different phases of a single task on one line in Project 2007. There are over 40 individual tasks on the Gantt chart I am using and each of these will contain separate phases. I would like to represent these phases as bars in a different colour so it's easy to pick out the length of each distinct section of the task (e.g. Planning, Approval, Implementation). Is it possible to do this? Thanks, Richard In article <B087FBC9-60B6-44DA-9A57-CDB06199CC37@microsoft.com>, Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Phased EMail from CRM?
I am curious, how would I set the CRM up to automatically EMail Template A 1 day after a purchase, Template B after 3 days of purchase, and Template C 10 days after purchase... Thanks! David Hi David, Workflow should be able to do this. If you really want to get sophisticated, you can do a great amount with Post Callouts. Stephen "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:707301c483da$d6c5e860$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am curious, how would I set the CRM up to automatically > EMail Template A 1 day after a purchase, Template B after > ...

Excel 2003 word wrap and unwrap
My boss wants to be able to word wrap and unwrap using a type of "toggle" like when you CTL + X to cut and CTL + V to paste. Is there such a way to do this? "wrapping" is done at the cell format level. In 2007 you have a button on the Home tab to do this, in 2003 you will need to build a macro to toggle it. Mares wrote: > My boss wants to be able to word wrap and unwrap using a type of "toggle" > like when you CTL + X to cut and CTL + V to paste. Is there such a way to do > this? Thanks Bob. I've never written a macro. Can ...

Trend line phase changes
Hi. I am trying to figure out how to implement phase changes in an Excel chart trend line. This is possible on the charting here: http://www.interventioncentral.org/htmdocs/tools/chartdog/chartdog.shtml To explain, this would allow me to indicate a place on the x axis where I've started doing something differently that may affect the trend and I want the trend line to be recalculated from that point on the x axis where the change is implented. From the ChartDog Web site: "Marking Phase Changes . In ChartDog, you can mark significant 'phase changes' on the graph by clicking...

([Finish Variance]/ ProjDateDiff(Phase Start,Phase Finish))
Obviously this ([Finish Variance]/ ProjDateDiff(Phase Start,Phase Finish)) does not work because I can't figure out how to capture Phase start and finish in the formula. I want to report on indivdual phase health by comparing Finish Variance to phase duration. This alternative ([Finish Variance]/(ProjDateDiff([Project Start],[Finish]))*100) works but I would like to use the phase. Something like; IIf([name]= "Design Phase" and [SubTask]="Design Phase",[Finish Variance]/ ProjDateDiff(Phase Start,Phase Finish,IIf([name]= "Test Phase" and [...

Is Business Portal 2.5 still in beta phase?
I've just had Business Portal 2.5 implemented in my environment and due to the fundamental interface bugs I'm finding, I figure the software must still be in beta release. Among the problems I have experienced so far: 1) When opening a new - or existing or template - timesheet, the "Begin Date" interface doesn't seem to work. The date in the "Begin Date" box defaults to today's date and it can be changed, but the date entered in the box doesn't seem to have any effect. Once the timesheet is opened the cursor is always at the first day of the month...

DynamicZip-Phasing Out
We won’t be using DynamicZip for much longer, I’m trying to figure out how to establish or remove nexus from a particular state. We’re trying to do an audit in GP to ensure we’re not currently taxing in states we shouldn’t be taxing in. Would we have to set any addresses in that state to have an exempt tax schedule, or is there a way to set the state as exempt globally? Thank you There is no utility in GP to change the tax schedule by state, unless you set up the customer class that way. You will have to use smartlist to create a report and make the chaanges manually, or use a SQ...

Phase Change
Hi, into opportunity form there is an option called "Phase Change" into actions menu, the question is where can I fill this pick list?, thx in advance. phase change? Never seen this before. Which language of CRM are you running? Wonder if this is the same as change stage? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Efra�n" <Efran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D95A2C08-7DEF-4A96-B479-2F0F75F11616@microsoft.com... > Hi, into opportunity form there is an option called "Phase Change" into > actions menu, the ...

Online Pages In Testing Phase
Hi If i am using paypal services free of cost(paypal is giving me free services for trying their tool just for 1 week) for accepting payments from registrants, how can one differentiate between this online page(from source code) from that of the normal one(if i am paying to paypal after test period) .I am using asp.net for my site. ...

Avoiding SYSGEN phase
I guess most of us know that SYSGEN phase is one of the most time consuming phase when you are generating an OS image and some time it is quite frustating when you just change one catalog item. So I have reading some documentation on MSDN and other places online regarding the CE 6.0 build system and from what I could gather is that whenever you add or delete a default catalog item from the Platform Builder, you have to go through SYSGEN phase. In my case I am trying to do some trial-and-error which involves removing at the most one or two catalog item. But every time I do that...

Auto Complete phases
In Outlook 2002, is there the feature set up auto complete phrases. For instance, get outlook to suggest that when I type "how is", outlook suggests I may be typing the predefined phrase "how is it going" Thanks no, outlook doesn't support that. You can use word as the editor and use autotext to insert phrases. "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45de01c3e465$7dbec530$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2002, is there the feature set up auto > complete phrases. For instance, get outlook to suggest > that whe...

Display different phases of a single task on one line
Hello! I'm trying to display different phases of a single task on one line in Project 2007. There are over 40 individual tasks on the Gantt chart I am using and each of these will contain separate phases. I would like to represent these phases as bars in a different colour so it's easy to pick out the length of each distinct section of the task (e.g. Planning, Approval, Implementation). Is it possible to do this? Thanks for your help in advance -- simjambra ------------------------------------------------------------------------ simjambra's Profile: http:...

time-phased budget
I need to create a time-phased budget for a residential construction remodel project. I need a template. I don't know of one in Excel, but you can make one up pretty quickly based on this sample: http://www.arescorporation.com/ares/projectmanagement/repo rts/Time_Phased_Budget.pdf jeff >-----Original Message----- >I need to create a time-phased budget for a residential construction remodel project. I need a template. >. > ...

How to enter a moon phase series into Excel??
I'm a biologist working with some circadian rhythm data. I need to be able to make a chart in excel where the X axis is dates, with correct phases of the moon for each phase. What is the easiest way to get moon phase series into an excel sheet? -- Mike Levin mlevin77@comcast.net Hi Michael, For your purposes, you can approximate the phase of the moon using a formula like: =COS(RADIANS(360/29.530588*(ROW()-1+n))) where a starting date at the full moon is on row 1 and 'n' is the expired proportion of the day when the full moon occurred (eg 1am = 0.041667, 12 noon = 0.5). Then c...

MS phasing out Public Folders
I have been told by my company that MS are phasing out support for Public Folders soon. Is this true or is it a way for my company IT to dissuade my interest in setting up some Public Folders? Presumably if true, then it will be replaced by some other way of sharing company wide contacts (calendar, etc)? Something new in Vista?? Its true, but its a long way off. The next version of Exchange (referred to as E12) will have public folders depreciated and then removed in the version after E12. The term depreciated in this case means that the feature is optional (doesn't install by...

trendlines for two phases
Hello. I am working on a line chart that shows 12 weeks of data for homework completion. The X axis is weeks and the Y axis is rate of completion. Weeks 1-6 were baseline and data was collected for completion. Weeks 7-12 were experimental where an intervention was used to influence homework completion. I would like to be able to insert a trend line for weeks 1-6 and a separate trend line for weeks 7-12 on the same graph to compare student performance. Right now, when I right-click on a data point in my grapn to create a trendline, I get a trendline for all 12 weeks of data. Can a...

Phased Bar Chart
This may be a tough one... I have found no resource yet to assist with creating my report in Excel. I am trying to create a barchart report in Excel that depicts the following: Analysis Design Development Project 1 XXXX30%X XXXX20% Project 2 XXXX80%XXXXX XXXX60%XXXXX XXX20% Hase anyone encountered this situation before an resolved it? Thanks, Runyan Quick answer (gotta run, sorry). It's a stacked bar chart, with two bars per item, adding to 100%. For example, Proj 1 has Analysis (visible) of 30% and Analysis (invisible) of 70%, Des...

Chart in time phase
I need to develop a line chart which includes 2 columns of data. Say for instance the data looks as follows: 5 6 15 9 20 12 50 25 Columns with the 5 and the 6 are for March. Columns with the 15 and the 9 are for February. So as we go up, the month increases. When I make my graph, the 5 and the 6 are first plotted points, the 15 and the 9 are the second, etc. In other words, it is plotting March, February, January, instead of January, February, March. How can I make the chart plot in a logical time phased manner? That is, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc? Thanks. jzis Instead of plain text &qu...

Project Cost Categories grouped by Phase
Cost Categories assigned to projects should be able to be grouped by phase. One way to make this possible is to add a Phase or user-defined field to the PA Budget Master (PA01301) table. You might consider Extender since I don't think PA is going to be rewritten to have phases any time soon. "Lisa Williams" <LisaWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B7D465-CF0A-45BC-B7BF-F7012046FBDD@microsoft.com... > Cost Categories assigned to projects should be able to be grouped by > phase. > One way to make this possible is to add a Phase or use...