Unprotect Sheet Password Lost

One of my users has inadvertently protected a worksheet (i.e. doesn't know
how he did it) while the AutoFilter was on. He has no idea what the password
may be. Is there any way to override this? Since the data was filtered, it
can't even be copied and pasted in to a new sheet.

Thanks for any help.

0
deanaj_99 (4)
9/2/2003 2:31:08 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Thanks, this was just what we needed!

DJ

"J.E. McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Check out
>
>     http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
>
> In article <#hH#MMWcDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
>  "Deana" <deanaj_99@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > One of my users has inadvertently protected a worksheet (i.e. doesn't
know
> > how he did it) while the AutoFilter was on. He has no idea what the
password
> > may be. Is there any way to override this? Since the data was filtered,
it
> > can't even be copied and pasted in to a new sheet.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

0
deanaj_99 (4)

Got the error when change password via OWA ....
Just finished the configuration of enable change password funcation in OWA, but got the "error : Transfer one invalid directory path !" when wanted to change password. Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 with SP1. Any body can help ?? ...

Cannot Access File Incorrect Password
Hi, my money file is stored on an external hard disk. I have tried to open it after entering the password it states 'Money has detected that you did not close the file "Money 2009" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large this may take a few minutes. Do you want to do this now?' I click on Yes, and it starts performing this but after the progress bar gets so far I get an error 'The Password you entered was incorrect, please try again' - I know the password is correct as if I entered it wrong, it would have...

how do i move an image on a sheet
I Have an image on a sheet which i want to have moving from left to right while the sheet is being viewed when cell B4 has "Please wait" in it. ...

Unprotect Worksheet
Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook and for some stupid reason I password protected one of the sheets and can't remember it. Any ideas? TIA. The silence on this one is deafening ... You can hear a pin drop. I finally got the pwd straight and am now back in business. Lesson learned: No more pwd's when protecting unless they are going somewhere where you have no control.. On 1/31/2010 4:08 PM, Jethro Pull wrote: > Well, I got myself into a jam ... working with a nine sheet workbook > and for some stupid reason I password pro...

Password Protect a FOlder
Is there a way to password protect individual folders in Outlook? Thanks Ron Hi Ron, There is not a way to password individual folders in Outlook. You can only password protect the entire .PST file. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >From: Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net> >Subject: Password Protect a FOlder >Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:05:43 -0400 >Message-ID: <t8dq51lugra4qb6ijbd4h8m3ts18vsm33p@4ax.com> >X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652...

Formatting unprotected sections
Hi, I'm currently working on a template (.dotx) for Word 2007 where I want to protected several sections with the 'Filling in forms' protection. So far it's ok - but in the unprotected section I'm unable to use things like 'Bullets' and 'Numbering' - why is this, and mere importantly how do I solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated /JEN As you are using Word 2007, consider using Content Controls rather than formfields. Alternatively, use a UserForm (Custom Dialog) to get the user's input See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

Multiple sheets
Hi I have several workbooks with a sheet in for each day (W1Mo etc) which all link to a daily totals sheet in a seperate workbook. What I've done is named the total figure cell in each column and then linked that to the daily sheet, but I have approx 120 named cells per workbook. Is there an easier/better way? Thanks Wendy Why are you using named cells? This will take longer to set up than normal cell references. Pete On Jan 25, 10:01=A0am, "Wendy" <we...@sunnygirl.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have several workbooks with a sheet in for each day (W1Mo etc)...

Taking a cell from sheet 2 to sheet 1 (newbie here)
Hey Folks, I am very new here and just joined the forums. I wanted to as how to take information from a cell on sheet #2 to sheet #1. There ar going to be many instances with the workbook I am making of doing this. I just have yet to figure out how to make this happen. Also if i helps at all the �digit� that will be in the initial cell (being copie from) is going to be from a function of some sort ( ex: D4 x D8 ) Thanks for any and all answers. If this sounds confusing just ask i the thread. Also if I happened to post this in the wrong part sorr and bare with as I am new. Thank You ...

excel vba
I have set up my sheet to protect using a password name login which the runs the macros. It is set up so that the sheet's cells cannot b edited, but the person can copy/paste the info onto another sheet. This is a problem because there are hidden cells which contai sensitive data. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, just a comment that i just found out, check out this link that I was refered too. That password that you setup doesn't do squat when you have access to this... http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html I was mad when I saw this, when mean...

Filter on sheet with some cells protected?
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet which has four columns of formulas protected so people can't change them! However, i still want people to be able to filter the spreadsheet and this isn't working, is there a way of locking those cells but not stopping people from filtering? Kirstie If you are using Excel 2000 or earlier, then you do not have the option to allow filtering when you protect a sheet. However, one way around this is to copy/move your formulae to another sheet which you can protect (and hide if you want to), and then have links in your first sheet to the cells with the...

OWA
Hi guys, I have had the same problems as the other people with NT4.0 SP6 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 because of that Outlook 2003 thing. Anyway I installed the patch from MS the Service is running fine. But I can't open the Password page on OWA anymore, I always got the following error: Serverobject, ASP 0196 (0x80040154) You should only use InProc-Servercomponents. If you want to use Local-Servercomponents, you need to change the "AspAllowOutOfProcComponents" in the metabasis. /iisadmpwd/aexp2b.htr, line 61 Maybe someone got the same too. ...

HELP ! I've lost my tasks
I erase a tasks folder by accident and I cannot find anywhere... somebody can help me ! I though I could find all the tasks in the trash folder but they are not there... thanks marco Marco What exactly did you do? Which version do you have? Outlook usually tells you you cannot delete Tasks folders. If you have Outlook 2003, check that you are in the Folder List view NOT the Mail Folders view. Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field Chooser and Group by Box!! &quo...

Can password be provided to a partcular folder under Inbox.?
Hi All, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711).Can anybody guide me how to provide passwords to a particular folder under inbox in Microsoft Outlook.I have configured my inbox so that the mails get downloaded in to my hard drive from server i.e. a .pst file is being created in my drive.On right clicking -->properties-->Administration-- >There is an option,This folder is avalaible to: Owners only but that remains disabled even after i have tried different options from the Initial view on the folder: combo box. Anybody who can throw light on this,i will be very greatful...

print 1 paper from 2 sheets
How can i print the range a1:m10 from sheet 1 AND a11:r10 from sheet 2 on ONE piece of paper ? Anybody knows a solution ? ---------------------------------------- Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter 203 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd. Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog! Create a new sheet. Copy A1:M10 of Sheet1 to that new sheet Copy A11:R10 of sheet 2 to that new sheet Print from there. If you have to do this lots of times, you can select A1:M10 edit|copy to the new sheet shift-edit|paste picture link And the same with A11:R10. By using paste ...

4 postcards on 1 sheet
publisher 2007 If I go to print and click multiple copies it will print 4 on a page but then I have to print one page at a time. I tried the page set up/ postcard/ us letter and couldn't get that to work. publisher 2003 was alot easier! -- linda Use the Avery US Letter postcard setup. 3263 works every time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "linda" <linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55AD7066-6417-454A-8222-DAFED428F979@microsoft.com... > publisher 2007 If I go to print an...

Hyperlink to specific excel sheet from powerpoint or Word
Can we create a hyperlink to a particular sheet (or a defined range) in a excel document from powerpoint / word?? ~Yogendra Yogendra Yes. Insert > Hyperlink and type something like this C:\Dick\NG\02 Feb\Book1.xls#Sheet1!A10 Everything after the # is called the subaddress and determines where in the sheet the link goes. -- Dick Kusleika Excel MVP Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com yogendra.joshi@gmail.com wrote: > Can we create a hyperlink to a particular sheet (or a defined range) > in a excel document from powerpoint / word?? > > ~Yogendra ...

Formatting In Unprotected Section of Template
Good morning, In Office 2003 you were able to add bullets in an unprotected section of a template - now, with 2007, this option is no longer available. Any other suggestions? - I have used the Insert Symbol and Alt 0149 but is there another way? Thank you, Jeanne In an unprotected section of a protected document, you can press Ctrl+Shift+L to quickly apply the List Bullet style to the selected paragraphs. So-called quick styles can be applied via the Styles box on the Home tab. Also note that you can apply any style via the Style box which you can add to the Quick Acc...

populating sheet with data from other sheets
Email: gbeard12@sbcglobal.net TOTALS: 38 Sets in Progress 16,764 7,908 8,856 47.2% Priority Year Set Info Set Total Have Need % Complete Updated LOW 1952 TOPPS 407 0 407 0.0% LOW 1953 TOPPS 274 0 274 0.0% LOW 1954 TOPPS 250 0 250 0.0% LOW 1955 TOPPS 206 0 206 0.0% LOW 1956 TOPPS 340 0 340 0.0% LOW 1957 TOPPS 407 1 406 0.2% LOW 1958 TOPPS 494 2 492 0.4% LOW 1959 TOPPS 572 33 539 5.8% LOW 1960 TOPPS 572 10 562 1.7% SCROLL DOWN! LOW 1961 TOPPS 587 3 584 0.5% LOW 1962 TOPPS 598 0 598 0.0% LOW 1...

Watermark Image on Sheet
Is it possible to place a 'Watermark' image on a worksheet i.e. Company logo as you can do in Word? Thanks Hi John, In order to print a watermark. Watermark, printing of, Robert Rosenberg. Also Ron de Bruin has a zip file. http://google.com/groups?selm=%23Af%244ZZeAHA.1692%40tkmsftngp02 http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "John" <johndoconnor@yaho...

Comments
Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. Thanks. yes is posible. you have to pick 'edit objects' on sheet protction dialog box. "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C64722-B491-43A9-8328-3C25F3C7F8CB@microsoft.com... | Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a | worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. | | Thanks. ...

form validation determines which sheet to add data
Let's say I'm creating a form that a non tech savvy used car dealer uses to enter his newly acquired vehicles to the excel workbook. Each sheet of the workbook is a unique model year of the car. (That would allow him to quickly refer to all vehicles of a given year.) On the input form, I would like validation such that if he selected "2006" from the drop down list of vehicle years, the data from the form would be AUTOMATICALLY be added to sheet "2006", regardless of which sheet is currently showing at the time. What would the code look like? I su...

Avg. All #'s on sheet
Hi there...Anyone know how I could write a formula that will average al #'s on my sheet...The range will have text in it that I want it t ignore. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com nevermind....should have just tried it first. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Pivot using three sheets
I use Pivot table (Excel 2000) regulary for summarising my data. Now my data is spread over three sheets. How can I include the data from all the three sheets in one pivot table. Because as I understand, the Pivot table can include only values only from one sheet. Please guide me. On the very first step towards creating a pivot table, instead of just hitting next, take a look at the multiple consolidation ranges option. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP -----------------------------------...

HELP: Sheet embedded comboboxes
Hi all, I am assisting somebody with their excel project and they have a sheet with comboboxes in it. When a value is selected, it populates cells underneath, however when the data is freshly loaded, the cell underneath is given the value but the combobox does not update to this value. I have tried to click on the box to edit it, however no matter how many times i click i cannot seem to get it to recognise i've clicked. In other words, the resizing box does not come up and i have no right-click menu. All i can do is select from the drop down list without any editing of the proper...