Underline % format

How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
similar to what you get with the accounting format?  Will a custom format do
it?
Will Fleenor
Will@k2e.com

0
will2586 (47)
5/14/2005 2:07:46 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
highlight the cell(s) again and right-click > FormatCells > Font tab >
select single accounting underline...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABgx3

"Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com>
w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
> How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
> similar to what you get with the accounting format?  Will a custom format
do
> it?
> Will Fleenor
> Will@k2e.com

0
croberts (1377)
5/14/2005 3:03:45 PM
Thanks, but this is not what I am looking for.  I want the underline to go
almost completely across the cell just as it does with the accounting format
with numbers.
Will Fleenor
"CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
> highlight the cell(s) again and right-click > FormatCells > Font tab >
> select single accounting underline...........
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABgx3
>

> "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com>
> w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
>> How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
>> similar to what you get with the accounting format?  Will a custom format
> do
>> it?
>> Will Fleenor
>> Will@k2e.com

0
will2586 (47)
5/14/2005 3:50:41 PM
A couple of other options........The "single" selection gives a longer
underline than the "single accounting" is you desire, or to underline the
whole cell, you could just apply a bottom border........Right-click >
FormatCells > Border pick a lineweight and color and click the bottomborder
icon.......or just click the "Drawing" icon in the toolbar and draw a custom
line...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, but this is not what I am looking for.  I want the underline to go
> almost completely across the cell just as it does with the accounting
format
> with numbers.
> Will Fleenor
> "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
> > highlight the cell(s) again and right-click > FormatCells > Font tab >
> > select single accounting underline...........
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABgx3
> >

> > "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com>
> > w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
> >> How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
> >> similar to what you get with the accounting format?  Will a custom
format
> > do
> >> it?
> >> Will Fleenor
> >> Will@k2e.com

0
croberts (1377)
5/14/2005 4:36:34 PM
Tried this on a new sheet ... don't know why it worked!

select A1:A10
<Format> <Cells> <Number> tab,

Click "Accounting", Change "Symbol" to <None>,

Click "Custom"
And in the "Type" window, add % signs after the last zero in each section,

Click <Font> tab,
Choose "Single Acctg Underline"
Click <OK>

Is that close to what you're looking for?
--

HTH,

RD

"Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message
Thanks, but this is not what I am looking for.  I want the underline to go
almost completely across the cell just as it does with the accounting format
with numbers.
Will Fleenor
"CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
> highlight the cell(s) again and right-click > FormatCells > Font tab >
> select single accounting underline...........
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABgx3
>

> "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com>
> w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
>> How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
>> similar to what you get with the accounting format?  Will a custom format
> do
>> it?
>> Will Fleenor
>> Will@k2e.com

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

How do I format all worksheets in a workbook at one time ?
I want to create a workbook that has all worksheets formatted in the same manner. Is there anyway to do so without formatting each worksheet separately ? yes, Right click on any sheet tab, Select "Select All Sheets" from the pop-up menu. Have fun formatting the active sheet. When done take a look at any sheet and the formatting is done on ALL the selected sheets. Dan Knight "EBrock" wrote: > I want to create a workbook that has all worksheets formatted in the same > manner. Is there anyway to do so without formatting each worksheet > separately ? Dan, l...

posting a " Message" format folder in Public Folder
How can I post a " Message" format custum Folder on Public Folder? Meaning: I want to create a Cutom Form and post it on Public Folder, but it has to be on " Message" format, so when someone sees that on public folder, they can add stuff and " REPLY" or " CC:" to it. Please help, no matter what I do it doesn't work. Thank you The easiest method is to mail-enable the PF and then address your message to it as a recipient. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, a...

condtional formatting
Hi i just wanted to know how to condtional formula a date, basicall people dont work on 25/12/** (** = whichever year) as it is Xmas day therefore i would like to condtional format this cell. Lets say the Date is in cell A:1, i went to: 1) Format 2) Condtional Formatting 3) then i am not sure if i should leave the drop down as 'Cell Value or changed it to 'Formula'. Also am not sure what to put into the formula bar, thats if it i 'formula' that has to be selected in the drop down at the conditiona formatting dialogue box. Can anybody please help me.. regards -- Messag...

Date Format Question
Hi! everyone. I hv one Excel date format question. The excel show the date as follows: 5/9/2017 0:00:00 (under the format of d/m/yyyy h:mm) This is definitely is a wrong date. When I change the format to GENERAL, it show like this 42983 Anyone can help me to change to the correct date? Thank you very much -- vitalit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vitality's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50559 So what it is supposed to be? Exce...

Code for replacing underlined text with underlined blanks througho
Appreciate if the gurus here can show me some way out here. My problem statement is simple. * I am creating a pub file with many pages, with each page containing many objects including TEXT boxes. Text boxes contain text and some of the words are underlined. * I would like to run a macro which can replace ALL the UNDERLINED text to UNDERLINED spaces. This would help me create two pub files, with one file containing the filled text and the other where words need to be filled in. Currently I am doing it manually, and this is taking a lot of time, and not to speak of maintaining TWO...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

Conditional Formatting???
Acceptable multipliers are 1 thru 12 ... Is there a simpler way to write this other than ... or(a1,a1*2,a1*3,a1*4,a1*5 etc etc) Thanks ... Kha Ken, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, or what your question is, but perhaps the following formula will work: =QUOTIENT(A1,12)=A1/12 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ken" <Kenneth.H.Allen@pw.utc.com> wrote in message news:0e3801c38cd2$d87d7fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Acceptable multipliers are 1 thru 12 ... Is there a > simpler way to write this oth...

Excell
Can anyone help - Im finding that if i Cut an entire row which has cells in it that hve Conditional Formatts and Insert that row elsewhere in a workbook that the conditional formatts get all messed up, this seems to be a glich with Excel 2000 - does any one know of any fixes - it doesnt do the same think in Excel XP. Please email me if you can help or know how i can ask microsoft direct without it costing me a fortune Jim, My guess is that the Conditional Formatting is using a formula rather than a cell value. It may be the relative/absolute cell references in the formulas. Give de...

formatting text
Is it possible to use multiple font formats in a string? Such as italicizing some words, varying color and using small caps? On Mar 11, 9:03 am, "SteveR" <sruss...@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: > Is it possible to use multiple font formats in a string? Such as > italicizing some words, varying color and using small caps? Yes. But these are not properies of a string but the control which displays the string. Look at RichEdit Control to do this. --- Ajay To add to Ajay's post this class might be interesting to you. Perhaps you could extend it: http://www....

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

number formatted cell
If I am typing in 19 numbers in a cell (that has been formatted to number) to keep track of account numbers, it puts zeroes at the end and only 15 numbers are showing. If I go into another cell and choose text first before typing and then type my numbers you can see all the numbers, but when I try to go and change the number formatted cell to text the number still does not change unless I retype the number. Is this the way this works? yes excel only keeps track of the first 15 digits in a number, if you entered more digits as a number,they are now lost. "Pam Coleman" wrote...

Bug ??
Hi In Excel 2007, I am highlighting two columns of data (%) and creating a new Conditional Formatting Rule. I create a traffic light format with green > 80%, amber between 75 and 80 percent and the rest as red. HOWEVER I then get inconsistent formatting - ie it seems to be ignoring the 80% cutoff. Of the data, I get green for 89,90,98 - anything >= 88%, amber for 86,87, then red for anything else. If I go into Manage Rules, Edit Rule - the thresholds are correct. Can anyone help me here? This is driving me mad. George Hi George Try using 0.8 rather than 80% as your...

Feature Request: 3D Data/Formatting
Is it just me, or would anyone else find it enormously helpful if Excel supported layers within sheets where you could overlay cell borders, colors, etc. in line with the underlying data cells? 3D data would be less helpful to me, but it seemed like it could be of some benefit to someone out there and would contribute to a broader "standard" implementation of the idea of layering. A use case of this might be having a table with data with all the column widths, etc. set for appropriate presentation, then overlaying translucent coloring and cell borders over that. The layer could supp...

Conditional Formatting #34
Hi Everyone, I highlighted cells H3:S1002 and entere *=AND(C3<>"",ISNUMBER(MATCH(C3&D3&E3,$C1:C2&$D$1:D2&$E1:E2,0)))* fo Conditional Formatting but only the cell in Column H (instead of al the cells in Columns H to S) is formatted where C, D and E match. I my formual incorrect? If so, can someone give me the correct formula. Thanks, Gos- -- Gos- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gos-C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Formatting Text Boxes in UserForms
When designing text boxes for data entry, can the text box controls on the UserForm be assigned number formatting properties? For example, how would I arrange for data in TextBox1 to be in % with one decimal point, preferrably with a trailing % sign? You can format the value that goes in the textbox the way you want. Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If IsNumeric(Me.TextBox1.Value) Then Me.TextBox1.Value = Format(Me.TextBox1.Value / 100, "#0.0%") End If End Sub KG wrote: > > When des...

Convert general format to date
I recently scanned a number of newspaper articles and saved them as PDF files using this as filename: article_newspaperddmmyy e.g. Big story_FreePress050206 where 050206 refers to February 5, 2006. I have a folder with over 300 filenames like that. I used a PrintFolder program to list these filenames and export them into Excel. By using the Text to Columns feature I was able to place the date reference part of the filename into a separate column. However I notice that after doing this I have a problem example 050206 appears as 50206, the leading zero disappears. How can I convert this Gene...

Report formatting problem
I have the following data in an external file: Dept Salesperson Sales$ ---- ----------- ------ Auto John Doe 1000 Auto Jane Doe 1000 Auto David Smith 1000 Sports Mike Brown 1000 Sports Bob Smith 1000 I would like to format it in Excel so that it appears as follows: Auto John Doe 1000 Jane Doe 1000 David Smith 1000 Sports Mike Brown 1000 Bob Smith 1000 Is there a way to do this? Thank you. Hi Try using a Pivot Table to summarise your data. Take a look here for help on getting started. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Regards Roger Govier super_doodie@hotmail.com ...

excel format for worksheet and table
can any one please guide me regarding the work-sheet format and the number of tables it may contain?, the XML tags and attributes for XLSX? thanks Homework? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "MG" <adhkashdkaskdhk@adjkaskldaklsjdl.sasdk;adk;l> wrote in message news:ebvTHHM2HHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > can any one please guide me regarding the work-sheet format > and the number of tables it may contain?, > > the XML tags and attributes for XLSX? > > thanks > > > > > Tables are a fe...

Conditional Formatting
I want to add a column to a speadsheet that has been conditionally formatted, I want the column to be included in the rules. How do I do this? Copy a column that already has the rules you like, then paste - insert copied cells -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Mickey5" wrote: > I want to add a column to a speadsheet that has been conditionally formatted, > I want the column to be included in the rules. How do I do this? Copy the column in which you are having the Conditional Formatting and select t...

Custom cell format problems
Im wrting a program in VB for my high school band. Is is a library. before school ended i put all of our music in to excel by number, title, and composer ie... 100 | Hey Baby | Shool i need to export all of this to a txt file. but, here comes the hard part. i need everything to have quotations around it ie... "100" | "Hey Baby" | "School" no i wouldnt mind do this by hand after it was in the text file, bu there are thousands of em!!! someone please help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private em...

Category axis formatting and justification
I have been scouring the net looking for information on how to change the way a category x-axis is aligned relative to a data point. I would like to have the category tick mark in line with the data point. Excell seems to default to centering the category under the data point. Below is an example of what I'm trying to do: x - data point *- Category tick mark/line Excel default: **************** x Category A **************** x Category B **************** Requested format: x ****************** Category A x ****************** Category B ******************** ...

Accounting format
Hi, I have completed a spreadsheet in accounting format. For transaction that need to be deducted I have entered an '-' thinking that it would be subtracted in the total which is the sum of all the rows, however this does not happen - Double the number is deducted. Does anybody know what change I would need to make to get this working?? Thanks very much -- Phil What's your formula? "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5F0C0D7-FAA7-433B-9706-48628A5CA30B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have completed a spreadsheet in accountin...

3 format cell tabs hidden in excel dialog box
When I right click on the cell and go to format cells instead of seeing 6 tabs as usual I see three tabs and the other three are on a lower level and covered by the information in the dialog box. I can only see the very top edge of the tabs. Any ideas what could be causing this? If you're using Excel 97, and making copies of copies of worksheets, you may hit a limit, because of the way the sheets are being numbered in the background. If that's the case, try copying one of the first sheets, instead of the last one. pjbjamison wrote: > When I right click on the cell and g...

Automatic Formatting problem
For some reason I can't get Outlook inbox color formatting to work the way I want. I'm trying to color code my email based on my roles. To do this I need to display email in a certain color depending on the email account it comes in through. I would expect that I would select "Organize" from the "Tools" menu, then select "Using Colors" & "Automatic Formatting". I then add a rule which I call "Personal Mail" and change the Font color blue. Then I click on Condition, click on the Advanced tab to create the following rule: E-...

Underline Text in Word Art
Can anyone help me to Underline Text in Word Art. Am using Office 2003. You will have to do it manually with the line tool. If you have a shaped WordArt, using the curve tool might do it. You will have to experiment. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kupus" <Kupus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87116756-7C0F-4A66-8253-1D0E4C3F2E7A@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me to Underline Text in Word Art. Am using Office 2003. ...