Unable to view some Excel files on Network

I am running Office 97 Pro on a Windows 98 Workstation on a Novel
network.  We have applied all the patches that we know of to bot
Office and Windows 98.  Upon roll out the user notified me that sh
cant get into a certain file for her to do her jobI have uninstalle
Office and rebuilt this machine and still get an illegal operation
error.  The error says "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in modul
EXCEL.EXE at 016f:30002924". No-one including network administrator
can access certain Excel documents that are stored on the network fro
a certain computer but other documents are fine.  I can access othe
EXCEL docments in the same folder with no problems from the firs
machine.  The same users can access all documents including the one
that cant be accessed from the first workstation from other wor
stations with no troubles. This eliminates a rights issue or does it?
What is the cause and how do I get users to be able to access thos
files from that workstation

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

Office 2007 Excel
Every time i open Excel 2007 i get the following; "The file you are trying to open,'PDFMaker.OLDxla',is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I pressed CTRL+Shift+I and receive the folowing id 101786 however I could not find anything relating to the above. As a note you have to press NO two times before you can get into excel. Hope I got this in the correct discution group. If you're not using the pdfmaker.* addin, how...

Can't sync DRM files on MP3 player
Is use WMP 11 since a while to sync downloaded music files from napster to my MP3 player (so it can play DRM files). But for some reason i now get a sync problem in WMP "C00D1236 - cannot sync the file? This problem only occurs with DRM files although i also can play those files with WMP 11 ?! ...

Unable to open calendar

Design View vs Form View
In Access 2007, I have a graph in Design View which shows differently in Form View. In other words, the information that is plotted in the graph shows differently in the two views. Why is this? Thank you, Bill Bill, Your probably saying the design data displays an earlier design results, but the form view graph data is correct. The graphs have acted that way for the past Access versions as well. I think the Graphing in Access is borrowed from Excel, and does not update in design view as it should. One way around that, is to run the query behind the graph in des...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

in excel formula the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semi.
when entering formula in Excel the comma (,) is no longer accepted but the semicolon (;) now has to be used. Example: Previous : =if(a2="Yes",a3+a4,b3+b4) Now : =if(a2="Yes";a3+a4;b3+b4) How do I change it back to using commas. I don't know how this has happened, I just arrived at work one day and the changes has occured. Not a 100% sure how well XL honors them, but check your Windows 'Regional Settings.' -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <5...

Saving a worksheet as a jpg file?
I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a worksheet as a jpg file. Can anyone tell me how? (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.) Many thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a pre-selected range on a worksheet. Copy the pictu...

unable to scroll the page

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

file://./backofficestorage...
I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003 server. I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but I can't find it now. Thanks! PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!! Also ensure that do file-level virus scanners are scanning M: drive Drive M Mapping to IFS Is Not Present by Default in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821836/en-us HTH -- James Whelan Rapid Response Engineer - Messaging Premier Field Engineering Microsoft United Kingdom Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup pu...

How do I convert Supercalc to Excel
I have data on disks that are in SuperCalc that I would like to convert to Excel, but I don't know how to do that. Excel can't open SuperCalc files. You'd have to get a copy of SuperCalc and save the files from there in to a format that Excel can read (e.g., text, CSV, SYLK, etc). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Bean Counter" <Bean Counter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30443F32-B3D7-4996-9CAC-608C0F573D9C@microsoft.com... >I have data on disks that are in SuperCalc th...

how do i change excel into picture format
i am trying to change an excel documnt into a jpeg or other picture format can anyone help me? i dont even know if its possible Take a screenshot. "deckieg" wrote: > i am trying to change an excel documnt into a jpeg or other picture format > can anyone help me? i dont even know if its possible Or just copy the cells you want to include in your jpeg and paste into Paint. "deckieg" wrote: > i am trying to change an excel documnt into a jpeg or other picture format > can anyone help me? i dont even know if its possible Select the cell to be shown in pict...

Excel Button Properties
Anyone know where to find the properties for the command button that is used on worksheets? This is for Excel 2000. In particular I am looking for a tooltip property but I would like a list of all of them. Thanks, Steve Click the design mode icon on the Control toolbox toolbar. rightclick on the commandbutton and choose properties. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > > Anyone know where to find the properties for the command button that is used > on worksheets? > This is for Excel 2000. > In particular I am looking for a tooltip property but I would like a list of >...

Importing Tab files
Hello, Here's some odd behavior from Excel. I need to import a tab file with the following two requirements: req 1. Newlines within quotation marks are preserved as part of the record req 2. All fields are imported as text Now, if I do file->open and go through the import wizard, req 2 is met because I can select all fields and set them to text. However, it splits records at newlines within quotation marks no matter what I try. If, on the other hand, I drag and drop the tab file onto Excel, it preserves newlines, but there's no way (as far as I can tell) to force it to input ...

Unable to conect