Unable to select many options in Toolsbar

I'm using Windows XP and Excel 2003.

For example, the option "Share workbook" or "Options" under Tools or
"Freeze Panes" under Window are grayed out.  I can't select them.  How
can I correct it?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
April

0
yh266515 (5)
1/11/2007 3:48:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Is the workbook or worksheet protected?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"yh2665" <yh266515@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Windows XP and Excel 2003.
>
> For example, the option "Share workbook" or "Options" under Tools or
> "Freeze Panes" under Window are grayed out.  I can't select them.  How
> can I correct it?
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
> April

0
chip1 (1821)

How do I get a Data validation list to select another validation l
I am creating a data entry page in which I want to use data validation Lists to select the product that I want to enter. How ever each cell may be different from the one above. For example in (c4) I want to enter pipe data. I have a sheet named pipe as the source for this entry. In (c5) I want to enter valve data or maybe pipe data or ell data. How can I use Excel to create a drop down list that lets me decide which source page I want to use and then go to it for me to make my selection? Hi Look at this site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Regards, Per "langston35&...

Random Selection Macro
Hi I need to write a macro that randomly selects 1000 users from an excel workbook. The workbook contains four spreadsheets. Once these users are selected it then sends them an email. Please help me. Thanks Dave What are you trying to do? Write a virus that is sent to 1000 random people? See the Excel | Tutorials | 'Random Selection' page of my web site for ideas. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <0b8501c387bc$77f67db0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, ...

Unable to open calendar

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

MS Mooney 2003 Freezes when pulldowns selected
I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since that install I have problems with the application freezing every time I select a pulldown menu - for example if I try to split a transaction between multiple categories and try to use the pull down to select the category the application freezes, and I have to Crtl-Alt-Delete to claose the application. I can close the application and it will restart without rebooting the computer. >-----Original Message----- > I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since >that install I have problems with the application ...

How many virtual server Exchange supports?
In 4 nodes cluster environment, how many virtual server Exchange 2003 supports? From 329208.KB.EN-US - XADM: Exchange Virtual Server Limitations on Exchange 2000 Clusters and "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 enforce Active/Passive scenarios on Exchange clusters that have more than two nodes. This means that on a four-node Exchange 2000 cluster or a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster, only three Exchange virtual servers can be created, and only one Exchange virtual server can be hosted per node. " amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email ...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Why is my sort menu option disabled?
I exported a Crystal Report to Excel 2002, but when I try to sort the data, the sort menu is greyed-out/disabled. Anyone know why? Thanks in advance! Is the worksheet protected? Do you have multiple worksheets selected/grouped? Valerie M wrote: > > I exported a Crystal Report to Excel 2002, but when I try to sort the data, > the sort menu is greyed-out/disabled. > > Anyone know why? > > Thanks in advance! -- Dave Peterson It is not protected, but I do have two worksheets, since it is 97000 records long... I was finally able to get it to work by viewing the se...

Unable to conect

OL 2003: Archive only selected subfolders
I used to be able to archive just selected subfolders in OL 2000, although it was annoying to have to reset the autoarchive properties in the main folder. Now that I am using OL 2003, I am confused. It doesn't seem possible to (1) set auto-archive off for all folders (2) turn on auto-archive for selected folders only. If I got this to work again, I could cut my PST file size dramatically. I'm not in imminent danger of hitting the dreaded 1.87 GB limit, but I do need to keep an eye on file size. I live on Outlook <Private@privacy.org> wrote: > I used to be able to a...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

How do I create a form in a worksheet with control option buttons.
I want to create a form from scratch but with option buttons and lists but from the hlep function I can't figure out how to do this? I have heard that forms built from scratch don't often come with option buttons or lists and am assuming it is because excel would have no way to know what it is you are intending to do. I am having the same difficulty... are you talking userforms? Lance "andreah" wrote: > I want to create a form from scratch but with option buttons and lists but > from the hlep function I can't figure out how to do this? Userform assistanc...

"One or more of the selected senders could not be added to your blocked senders list"
Hey all. I get this when ever I try to killfile anyone at all, regardless of who they are. I'm on OE6 in XP Home and this has only just started happening. My KF only has a few spammers in it so I don't think it's full. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller wrote: > Hey all. I get this when ever I try to killfile anyone at all, regardless of > who they are. I'm on OE6 in XP Home and this has only just started > happening. My KF only has a few spammers in it so I don't think it's full. > Does anyone...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Displaying the label of the selected Option Button
Hi, in Word 2003, how can I display elesewhere in the doc the label associated with the radio/option button that the user has selected? Has this something to do with Fields? I can't seem to work out how to do it. Any thoughts please? Can I suggest that you don't use activex controls in a document. They are primarily intended for web page creation. Use instead check boxes - which can emulate the action of radio buttons with the aid of macros. - http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/ExclusiveFmFldChbxs.htm However to answer the question asked, radio buttons work in group...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

editor options 2008 and Autocorrect
Thanks. I know how to get to the AutoCorrect List and see my entires, but cannot mkae it wrok in Outlook. I go to Button->Editor Options where there are three listed... Popular, Proofing, and Advanced. I suspect that I need to check Proofing but both Proofing and Advanced do not reospnd to clicks. It's like they are dead. Ideas? Thanks - Neil what version of outlook? Did you install outlook and word as part of one suite? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 20...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...