Two workers on the same Excel sheet

Hi,

Pretend the situation that one worker ( 'person x' ) have made update
in a Excel datasheet and send it to the worker of the administration
'person y' ). When 'person y' recieves the datasheet, he makes so
changes in the datasheet.

Two hours later 'person x' finds out some errors in the last datashee
he sent, updates it again and send it once again to 'person y'.

How can 'person y' import ( after confirming the changes ) the ne
changes made of 'person x'  to his datasheet ( the first datasheet h
got )?

Thank

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It depends.

Myrna Larson and and Bill Manville wrote an addin that compares two worksheets
on a cell-by-cell basis.

A1 is compared with A1.  B99 to B99.  If one of the users inserted (or deleted)
rows (or columns), then this cell-by-cell comparison breaks down.

Here's a link to the program (kept at Chip Pearson's site):
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm
look for compare.xla

====
Someone once suggested this that might be useful.

Save each worksheet as a .CSV file.  Then use a program that compares text files
(or even MSWord) to do the compare.

It might make things slightly easier.

"Jeppe <" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Pretend the situation that one worker ( 'person x' ) have made updates
> in a Excel datasheet and send it to the worker of the administration (
> 'person y' ). When 'person y' recieves the datasheet, he makes som
> changes in the datasheet.
>
> Two hours later 'person x' finds out some errors in the last datasheet
> he sent, updates it again and send it once again to 'person y'.
>
> How can 'person y' import ( after confirming the changes ) the new
> changes made of 'person x'  to his datasheet ( the first datasheet he
> got )?
>
> Thanks
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10083)
6/30/2004 10:11:14 PM
Finding changes between versions like this isn't easily done.  I wouldn't depend
on being able to do it.

But if your users can save the file to a network location, just make sure that
they update it independently--and consecutively, not concurrently.

Excel does have a feature that allows you to share a workbook, but lots of
things are disabled when you do this.

"Jeppe <" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Pretend the situation that one worker ( 'person x' ) have made updates
> in a Excel datasheet and send it to the worker of the administration (
> 'person y' ). When 'person y' recieves the datasheet, he makes som
> changes in the datasheet.
>
> Two hours later 'person x' finds out some errors in the last datasheet
> he sent, updates it again and send it once again to 'person y'.
>
> How can 'person y' import ( after confirming the changes ) the new
> changes made of 'person x'  to his datasheet ( the first datasheet he
> got )?
>
> Thanks
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10083)

Exporting to Excel #4
Can I download the translator to export contacts to Excel? I don't have the install disk. ...

Excel #32
Have new laptop and have activated 2007 Office & Student. I put several spreadsheets from my desktop on a disk and used the new system to update the file. This worked fine, but when I tried to save the file a "save as" box appeared that was saving a copy of my document. When I used save button a notice appeared that said "Path does ot exist. Check the path and try again" What do I need to do? Where are you trying to save the documents to? Excel will automatically try to save back to the original path, this will be your backup disk if you haven't copied...

synchiing two computers?

Project Web Access Time Sheet
Of about 130 users of Project Web Access/Project Server 2003, I have one whose timesheet in Project Web Access shows only the current date. All others can select any beginning / end dates. He recently upgraded to Windows 7, but others who did so are unaffected. He can sign in from other systems and it works fine, so there must be something different about his machine. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? Best to re-post this in the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server: microsoft.public.project.server. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 04/03/10 17:20, Kelly ...

Pivot table in Excel 2007
Hello experts This pivot table has been created automatically in Excel 2007 : see the following link http://dl-1.free.fr/52616e646f6d495687b5f6522854b42d0ab1c5c335e8e7d2b3d67f4e6bf6721d/Pivottable2007template.xlsx In this pivot table, how, you experts, will you replace the row "Grand total" by a row "Difference" with a formula like Receipts - Expenses. Thanks for your help! Hi One way would be to have another column in the source data, called Expense2 with a formula =Expenses*-1 (replacing Expenses with the relevant cell reference) and copying down. Replace Expens...

Excel 2007: Disable Office Menu control on the fly
I'm looking for a way to disable Office Menu controls such as: New, Save, SaveAs, etc on the fly. Whenever user opens an excel workbook into my application, those controls under Office Menu are disable. In office 2003, I could do something like this when user opens their workbook in my application: With objExcel.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar") .Controls("&File").Controls("&New...").Enabled = False .Controls("&File").Controls("&Open...").Enabled = False .Controls("&File").Controls(&qu...

Hid a sheet in Excel 2003 Need to unhide it in Excel 2007
I hid a sheet on a workbook created with Excel 2003. Our company upgraded to Office 2007 and I tried to unhide the sheet in Excel 2007. 2007 doesn't seem to find the previous sheet. Right click on any tab and select Unhide. Does the Unhide pop up window appear or not? "Lid7sgi" wrote: > I hid a sheet on a workbook created with Excel 2003. Our company upgraded to > Office 2007 and I tried to unhide the sheet in Excel 2007. 2007 doesn't seem > to find the previous sheet. ...

Changing file permissions when saving Word or Excel documents
Hi, I work in an office environment which consists primarily of PCs using Office (Word, Excel, etc.). I have found that when I save an existing Word or Excel file (Office 2004 with all the updates) which is on a network drive with multiple user and group permissions, the write permission reverts to just me, instead of the multiple users and groups, i.e., it becomes read-only for everyone else. It doesn't matter if the file is open with "(shared)" access on Windows first, if I save it, it becomes read-only to everyone else. Currently, I have to remember to immediately drop int...

Unable to view some Excel files on Network
I am running Office 97 Pro on a Windows 98 Workstation on a Novel network. We have applied all the patches that we know of to bot Office and Windows 98. Upon roll out the user notified me that sh cant get into a certain file for her to do her jobI have uninstalle Office and rebuilt this machine and still get an illegal operation error. The error says "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in modul EXCEL.EXE at 016f:30002924". No-one including network administrator can access certain Excel documents that are stored on the network fro a certain computer but other documents are fine. I...

Are there limitations to OLAP in Excel?
When creating a pivot table based on a Cube in Analysis Services, everything appears to work until I add a fourth dimension to the pivot table. Once I do that, I get a message that says "Running OLAP Query" for a bit, and then all of my fields come back blank. Any ideas? There are no error messages prodcued, so I am a little stumped. ...

Contracts Advanced Find Excel Export
When I perform an Advanced Find on "Contracts", the Export to Excel icon is not available when the search results are displayed. Is there a way to export Contract Advanced Find Results? Thanks Not sure why Microsoft didn't put the export to Excel function in the Contract Advanced Find view, but if you click File > Print, you will get a print window where you can select all and copy/paste into Excel and get pretty much the same results. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Rocco P" wrote: > When I perform an Advanced Find on "Contracts&q...

How do I annotate the cell results from Excel to a Hyperlink?
I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated and I want to go to the web to find pricing on it. I have a link to a web page for pricing and all I need to do it to annotate this part number from the cell to the end of the hyperlink that I have. How do I do this? Thanks Let's say you want to add "abc" to the end of the following text "http://www.abccorp.com/" and "abc" is in cell A1 =HYPERLINK("http://www.abccorp.com/"&A1) "kgagne" wrote: > I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

How from Word a list separated by commas convert to Excel?
In Word 2002, I have a list of email adds separated by commas followed by forenames & surnames, how may I convert this list in tabulated form to Excel... A column for the email add, a column for the forename and a column for the surname... e.g ferreira @benco.co.uk,, Ferreira, Marnie italia@web.co.uk,, inglese, ANDREA info@inter.co.uk,, Mulondo, Mashudu neu@mond.co.uk,, Urbina, Ivonne brenna@web.co.uk,, Williams, Brennan -- Many Thanks Gunjani Aural sex gives me an earie feeling Copy into Excel then Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by comma. Gord Dibben Excel M...

Can't find "Password to open" box in Excel 2000
I need to put a password on a workbook to stop unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box in to tools->options->general dialog box That's because it's not in Tools/Options/General in the Excel menu. You need to select File/Save As, then click Tools, General Options in the save as dialog. >-----Original Message----- >I need to put a password on a workbook to stop >unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box >in to tools->options->general dialog box >. > ...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Copy Word Text into Excell
Good Morning, I have an Excell workbook that other individuals access and they need to put a response at the bottom. However, when they attempt to copy their response from a word document, it either won't accept it as the cells aren't the same, or it continuously goes across the page. I tried merging cells, but that didn't work. How can I accomplish this? Thanks, Deb One thing that may simplify the data entered is to use the Edit->Paste Special menu, and select "Text". That won't warranty that the data will be in the right cells, but at least the format...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Help with hidding a column in Excel
I need to hide a column in excel from access. How can I do that? Alaa "Al" wrote: > I need to hide a column in excel from access. How can I do that? > Alaa Hi Al, one of the nice things about Excel is that you can record a macro and then inspect the code. I recommend that this is the method that you use to learn what you want to do in this case. Then just copy the code into your Access routine. You did not ask how to set a reference to Excel and then open a workbook. So I assume you know how to do this. If you're not sure, then this site has a good search engine to...

where did the tools menu go for excell 2007?
I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007. There is no Tools menu in Excel 2007. All of those commands have been redistributed elsewhere! See if this helps: http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBB7CE96-053F-4BFC-BE4A-2257B8F46B7E@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007. Hi Terry, Many of the commands are under File (Office Button), Excel Options ... Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Quatro Pro to Excel?
Can a spreadsheet created in Quatro be downloaded to Excel? -- ML Hi AFAIK Excel can't open Quatro Pro files. you may save them in Quatro as xls files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ML" <ML@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FB5F981A-CA3D-4709-9D2B-1A7FA222A579@microsoft.com... > Can a spreadsheet created in Quatro be downloaded to Excel? > -- > ML Can you go the other way? I work with a company that uses Quatro Pro. We need to exchange information. They use Quatro Pro and I use Excel. At this time, there is not much chan...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...