Two Calculations in one cell?

Is it possible to have 2 separate calculations in one cell?

I have a summary Table on one Sheet which gets its values from two other
sheets.
            D                            E        F        G        H
                                      2000/1 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4     2004/5
20    Bonus: Area                15     11         10         6
10(2)
21    Bonus: National           28     29         63        22        39(5)
22    Voucher : Area            22     52         84        54        52(7)
23    Voucher : National       36     7           25        21        17(3)
24    Team event: Area        164    76        167      191      149(10)
25    Team event: National     0     5           19       141        60(4)

For example the formula in row 20 column I is :-
='Local Teams'!F27

The result being 10

What I want to do is include in brackets after this the result of :-
='Local Teams'!F28

Is this possible or will I need to use 2 columns?

--
John Bedford
Delete extra @ to reply.

0
john
4/18/2005 4:20:44 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi John

yes, you can, the formula would be:
='Local Teams'!F27  & "(" & 'Local Teams'!F28 & ")"

--
Cheers
JulieD
"john.bedford3" <john.bedford3@@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have 2 separate calculations in one cell?
>
> I have a summary Table on one Sheet which gets its values from two other
> sheets.
>            D                            E        F        G        H
>                                      2000/1 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4
> 2004/5
> 20    Bonus: Area                15     11         10         6
> 10(2)
> 21    Bonus: National           28     29         63        22
> 39(5)
> 22    Voucher : Area            22     52         84        54
> 52(7)
> 23    Voucher : National       36     7           25        21
> 17(3)
> 24    Team event: Area        164    76        167      191      149(10)
> 25    Team event: National     0     5           19       141        60(4)
>
> For example the formula in row 20 column I is :-
> ='Local Teams'!F27
>
> The result being 10
>
> What I want to do is include in brackets after this the result of :-
> ='Local Teams'!F28
>
> Is this possible or will I need to use 2 columns?
>

> --
> John Bedford
> Delete extra @ to reply.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
4/18/2005 4:27:07 PM
Thanks Julie that works a treat.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--
John Bedford
Delete extra @ to reply.

"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi John
>
> yes, you can, the formula would be:
> ='Local Teams'!F27  & "(" & 'Local Teams'!F28 & ")"
>
> --
> Cheers
> JulieD
> check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm
> ...well i'm working on it anyway
> "john.bedford3" <john.bedford3@@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to have 2 separate calculations in one cell?
> >
> > I have a summary Table on one Sheet which gets its values from two other
> > sheets.
> >            D                            E        F        G        H
> >                                      2000/1 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4
> > 2004/5
> > 20    Bonus: Area                15     11         10         6
> > 10(2)
> > 21    Bonus: National           28     29         63        22
> > 39(5)
> > 22    Voucher : Area            22     52         84        54
> > 52(7)
> > 23    Voucher : National       36     7           25        21
> > 17(3)
> > 24    Team event: Area        164    76        167      191      149(10)
> > 25    Team event: National     0     5           19       141
60(4)

> > For example the formula in row 20 column I is :-
> > ='Local Teams'!F27
> >
> > The result being 10
> >
> > What I want to do is include in brackets after this the result of :-
> > ='Local Teams'!F28
> >
> > Is this possible or will I need to use 2 columns?
> >

> > --
> > John Bedford
> > Delete extra @ to reply.

0
john
4/18/2005 5:01:05 PM
you're welcome and thanks for the feedback

--
Cheers
JulieD

> Thanks Julie that works a treat.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> John Bedford
> Delete extra @ to reply.
>
> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hi John
>>
>> yes, you can, the formula would be:
>> ='Local Teams'!F27  & "(" & 'Local Teams'!F28 & ")"
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>> check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm
>> ...well i'm working on it anyway
>> "john.bedford3" <john.bedford3@@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible to have 2 separate calculations in one cell?
>> >
>> > I have a summary Table on one Sheet which gets its values from two
>> > other
>> > sheets.
>> >            D                            E        F        G        H
>> >                                      2000/1 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4
>> > 2004/5
>> > 20    Bonus: Area                15     11         10         6
>> > 10(2)
>> > 21    Bonus: National           28     29         63        22
>> > 39(5)
>> > 22    Voucher : Area            22     52         84        54
>> > 52(7)
>> > 23    Voucher : National       36     7           25        21
>> > 17(3)
>> > 24    Team event: Area        164    76        167      191
>> > 149(10)
>> > 25    Team event: National     0     5           19       141
> 60(4)
>> >
>> > For example the formula in row 20 column I is :-
>> > ='Local Teams'!F27
>> >
>> > The result being 10
>> >
>> > What I want to do is include in brackets after this the result of :-
>> > ='Local Teams'!F28
>> >
>> > Is this possible or will I need to use 2 columns?
>> >

>> > --
>> > John Bedford
>> > Delete extra @ to reply.

0
JulieD1 (2295)

VBA Cell Addressing
I've got what must be a simple addressing problem but it's driving me crazy. I can create a simple macro that just looks like: Sub TestMacro ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done" End Sub And it does exactly what I'd expect. It plugs a value into the cell to the right of the cursor. Now if I try to do the similar thing with a Function instead of a Macro it just refuses to co-operate. For example: Function TestFunct(CellRef) ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done" End Function This will croak with a #VALUE! error. Likewise: Function TestFunct(CellRef...

synchiing two computers?

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

calculate field
hi i have 3 tables (jb;jb_ver;jb_vd) jb_vd= jb_id&"."&jb_ver all are primary keys when i'm using a form i want jb_vd to be calculated automaticlly . even when changing any of the used fields How is this a .forms newsgroup question? How can a "table" be a "primary key"? If you want a third table to have a primary key that consists of two fields (e.g., foreign keys from two other tables), you can have multiple fields as a primary key. Don't bother inserting that "." or "calculating" a primary key. Just set the two fields as a...

How do I annotate the cell results from Excel to a Hyperlink?
I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated and I want to go to the web to find pricing on it. I have a link to a web page for pricing and all I need to do it to annotate this part number from the cell to the end of the hyperlink that I have. How do I do this? Thanks Let's say you want to add "abc" to the end of the following text "http://www.abccorp.com/" and "abc" is in cell A1 =HYPERLINK("http://www.abccorp.com/"&A1) "kgagne" wrote: > I have a cell that has a part number in it that I have generated...

1099 Vendors and Commission Calculations
Business: Tax Business The preparers are 1099 Vendors that get a flat % of the fee for each return. Can I set up GP so that when I input an invoice and assign the vendor as a rep that it would calculate the commission and add it to the vendor account? A bonus would allow the feature above but would complete it after customer payment was received. ...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Filling in empty cells in columns
Dear All I have a problem could somebody please help? I have 3 columns of data A,B,C. A nd B are full but not all the cells in C are filled out. How do I make the cells in C that are empty equal the value in B without having to do it manually and still keeping the existing values in C? Please help Much Appreciated Andrew PS Thank you to whoever helped me last time I didn�t get a chance to say that. -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this threa...

Simple calculations on CRM form
Hi. This might be an easy one for you developers :-) I need to do some simple calculation on a CRM 4.0 form. I have created 4 new fields: new_forecast_q1 new_forecast_q2 new_forecast_q3 new_forecast_q4 Now I want to sum these in one field. like this: new_forecast_total=new_forecast_q1+new_forecast_q2new_forecast_q3+new_forecast_q4 How to? Best regards Jacob Mondrup On Feb 18, 7:17=A0pm, "Jacob Mondrup - Vivant" <j...@vivant.dk> wrote: > Hi. > > This might be an easy one for you developers :-) > > I need to do some simple calculation on a CRM 4.0 form...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Cell Validation #2
I need to utilise some form of validation on the data that is entered in various cells in my Excel 2003 spreadsheet. 1. In date cells, the following validation should exist: a. The date should be in the format dd/mm/yyyy - I've set the cell format to Date, dd/mm/yyyy which I believe will achieve this b. The date should be greater than 01/10/2008 - I've used Data|Validation and set the validation criteria to: Date, Greater than, 01/10/2008 c. The date should not be greater than today's date - Not sure on how to achieve this. I've play...

Concatenate text to make calculation
I need to have a calculation look at a certain 'static' group of cells. When I move the data to different location (which is needed) and new data is put in its place, the calculation follows the data that moved. I need it to always look at the same cells regardless of what happens with the data. Make since? Hope someone can point me in the right direction, Fossil -- Fossil_Rock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fossil_Rock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25531 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Creating Calculations Within a Field
Hello, I have an Activity field with various activities and I would like to calculate the time values between these activities. For example: Activity (Field) Time (Avg) Stand 12:00 Run 13:00 Stop 13:30 I would like to add a calculation within Activity that is Stop - Stand. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks! Minh Hi assume your example is in cells A1:B4 the formula you're looking for is B4-B2 Cheers JulieD "MinhPhan" <MinhPhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22E8B9D6-0C72-400F-ACEF-D5...

Copying Formulas from One Worksheet to Another -- Very Easy Questi
I have a worksheet which has a bunch of formulas in rows (i.e. data entered in columns C through F result in formulas results in columns G through whatever). All I want to do is to copy a row and move the formulas into another worksheet while keeping the references to the original worksheet intact. So: =COUNTIF(G$3:G301,G301) becomes... =COUNTIF(Data!G$3:G301,Data!G301), or however you lock the worksheet down. I'm copying from row 300 in the original to Row 2, to make things a little more complicated, but isn't there a way to do this? Thanks in advance! "Rothman"...

Cannot copy selected cells
Hi, HELP! If I open a new workbook , copy or add text into multiple cells and then do a Shift to highlight the block of cells the flashing lines around the cells dissapear and I don't have enough time to do a Ctrl C to copy them! It doesn't matter if it is new text, copied text from email or another workbook. If I send that workbook to a colleague he can do it no bother? Any ideas??? Stevie - The flashing lines show up after you do the Ctrl C to copy. What do you mean you don't have time to Ctrl C? -- Daryl S "Stevie" wrote: > Hi, >...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

Sudden loss in calculating speed
I collect data from a DDE link and my spreadsheet normally, and through most of today, calculated at its normal fast speed. I made a minor change here and there to some spreadsheets and suddenly noticed that my worksheets are laboring in recalculations that go on continuously (stock price real time feed). Well, at first I thought it might have to do with the data source itself, but now after market hours, I notice that a scroll bar I use to move a vertical dotted line back and forth across the charts is lagging behind my clicks. Normally, the scroll bar actions would move the cursor i...