Trying to set Scale of 3D View in Excel 2003

I have a procedure that sets the MinimumScale and MaximumScale on some
2D Surface Charts that works with out any issues.  The code nested in
the procedure looks like this.

    With ChartNorm.Axes(xlValue)
        .MinimumScale = -DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MaximumScale = DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MajorUnit = DataNorm.Range("H2").Value * 2
    End With

However when I try to use similar code on a 3D Surface Chat

    With ChartNorm3D.Axes(xlValue)
        .MinimumScale = -DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MaximumScale = DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MajorUnit = DataNorm.Range("H2").Value * 2
    End With

I get the following error.

"unable to set the MinimumScale property of the Axis class"

I was not able to find anything about this subject in the group,
although I'm sure it's there.

Any help would be appreciated,
Larry
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Need help with Outlook 2002 connections/settings
Until recently, when I hit send/receive, I never had any issues connecting, sending or receiving email. Two days ago, I began getting the following error message when I try to send an email message or if I hit the send/receive button. "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again." All other internet connectivity seems fine. I still seem to be getting incoming mail. I am NOT able to send, and I need to be able to ASAP. Can someone please give me guidance on correcting this. Thanks, Kirk I have the same pro...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Excel 2000/2003 conflict
Whenever I try to open excel files created using 2000, 2003 gives me errors on simple formulas. For example, a SUM formula is marked as an error and displays a wrong number, when I go up to the formula bar and hit enter without changing the conents it recalculates to the right answer. There is many more errors such as "inconsistent formula" or "lost visual basic project" which doesn't allow a 2000 file open without repair. Is there anything I can download to fix all of this together or will I have to fix them all by hand? Does this have to do anything with the differen...

Notify Alert does not work in Excel
In a network environment, opening an Excel workbook that is already opened by someone else, prompts me with a choice of "Open as Read-Only, or choose Notify to be alerted when it is available". Although I choose "Notify", I do not receive any notification when the file is closed. Is there a setting within MS Office that needs to be configured for this feature to work? ...

Printed file looks like screen view instead of print view
I am working on someone else's file. When I open it, the colors view incorrectly. They show as black/white in the negative & no color pictures (the background is showing black - these are not the settings in the file.) In the print preview, everything is correctly in color - text, pictures, etc. But when I print, it comes out exactly like the screen view and not the print view. The original owner of the file has no problem seeing the file correctly. We may have different versions of Publisher - I get the same results importing or opening the file. The owner is 20 miles aw...

excel percentages
Feels like a very embarrassing question to ask but here goes. I have a number of sales for a year (C3), and a percentage increase on the previous year (C7). I need a formula to show the sales for that previous year. eg 105 and 5% would be 100. I know this is probably more a maths question than an excel question but I can't seem to get anything to work - I keep coming up with 99.75 rather than 100. Thanks for helping. One way: =C3/(1+C7) In article <9088C3E2-DFE1-40C8-9ABF-DA74AAB63010@microsoft.com>, richard <richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Feels l...

No sounds in excel 2003
All of a sudden I don't hear any sounds with excel. When I go to control panel and sounds I can click on the test button for all the normal sounds, critical stop, default beep, etc. and I can hear them but those same sounds for alerts in excel I get nothing. All other sounds work, like with games and such. It seems to be isolated to excel and maybe other office suite programs but I use excel alot and that's where I first noticed it. any suggestions? al Tools|Options|General tab make sure "Provide Feedback with Sound" is checked. If that doesn't work, I'd unin...

Accumulate weekly time to total time in Excel.
I need to maintain project total time by incrementing the value based on people entering amount of time that a project was worked on. The weekly value of entered time will not be stored on a weekly basis. I would like to have the value for total project time increment its value based on the entered value by the person for the time worked in the week. ...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Calendar control in Word 2003
I'm making a form which uses the calendar control 11.0 in Word 2003. I've managed to do so using: www. fontstuff.com/word/wordtut03a.htm This works fine on my form. However, the form is to be used at work, on a network (some staff use Citrix, some use PC's). I had to install the calendar control on my PC as described in the link. Only when I am logged on is the calendar useable- I'm assuming other users may have to have it installed, but the trouble is that we are a small department withing a large sector, so, is there any way around this as I doubt my chances at getting the c...

email Excel documents
HI, I want to email my Excel documents and I want to know how to do it. want to have the "Send to..." option in my file menu. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Daniela > want to have the "Send to..." option in my file menu Check out this http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Problems Post back you need more help -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Daniela >" <<Daniela.179n1d@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Daniela.179n1d@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI, > I want to email my Excel...

Publisher: Rotated View
There are times when I have content that is rotated 90 or 180, or 270 degrees. It would be nice to be able rotate the screen view by those same degrees so it is easy to read the text. Right now I usually print things out. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

cannot reconnect after move mailboxes between 2003 servers
Hy all, In the end of our 5.5 Migration we want to move the mailboxes from our Temporaly Exchange 2003 Server to our Exchange 2003 Cluster. We have more domains and WAN-Connections. The mailbox-moving from users from our domain working fine. But we have Users from other domains with their mailboxes stored on our temp Exch2003 Server. Last Night I moved 15 Mailboxes from this users from another domain, an now the user cannot connect with their mailbox. In the Exchange System Manager on the new Server I can see the mailboxes with red symbol, it looks like a deleted mailbox. In the prope...

how do I set up a workbook for a class
I am doing a makeup techniques class. I have my powerpoint started, but I would like to do a workbook to go along with it. This is all new to me. What is the best program for me to use, and can you help me do this? You're going to have to give more detail on what you want to do. "Des" wrote: > I am doing a makeup techniques class. I have my powerpoint started, but I > would like to do a workbook to go along with it. This is all new to me. > What is the best program for me to use, and can you help me do this? I would like to put info. about the subjects were...

Excel not unhighlighting selection
I am experiencing an issue with 2 PC's that are having the same issue. When the user goes to select cells, Excel doesn't release the selection box and the user is unable to 'release' the selection box, no matter what they do. Even killing Excel and reopening didn't stop the matter. The users have to restart the PC in order to get it to work and even then, it comes back. This is happening in Excel 2000 & 2003. The keyboard is not on any KVM and does work fine in other applications. Replacing the keyboard didn't help. Any thoughts? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.mv...

Excel Charts need to have a funtion where you can Stack and Group
The chart function does not allow to have both stacking and group of data. For example, we want to have 5 Scenarios, each with a !2month Impact, 24month IMpact and a 36month impact, and then have each of these impacts be broken out between Direct and Indirect. Therefore, the Direct & Indirect portions would be stacked upon each other for each time period. then the columns for the 3 time periods would be placed directly next to each other in a group by scenario. THe Scenarios would then all lie next to each other, with a bit of space to show they are different scenarios --------...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Excel VlookUp prob
hi guys i am doing 3 search fields. 1 for ID , 1 for Name and 1 for Yea Joined. the function for ID works. it returns me the values of it -> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(ID,Datas,3,FALSE)),"No Suc User",VLOOKUP(ID,Datas,3,FALSE)) but when i tried it for Name n Year. It doesnt work although i hav made all the neccesary changes. Why is this so? Please help me . Thanks for all ur repl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi can you post your used formula which does not work -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > hi guys > i am doing 3 search fields. 1 for ID ,...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Auto Scaling Charts
I am trying (in Vain) to auto scale bar charts in excel. I have attempted a macro in VB to do this, but it just seems to do nothing, does not fail or succeeds. If anyone could take a look at the macro below and assist in where it is going wrong would be much appreciated. Thanks Sub AutoScaleCharts() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim cht As ChartObject Dim ValuesArray(), SeriesValues As Variant Dim Ctr As Integer, TotCtr As Integer For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets For Each cht In ws.ChartObjects For Each X In cht.Chart.SeriesCollection SeriesValues = X.Values ...

When Outlook 2003 Opens...Word Opens
Hi, Every time I open Outlook 2003 on my XP Pro machine it also opens Microsoft Word...and a tray icon says "outlook is synchronizing folders". How do I stop Word from launching? Thanks in advance, Paul Don't set Word as your e-mail editor in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Paul Reed" <prreed@jacksonreed.com> wrote in message news:ugty1In9EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

How to set time within macro?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set time for processing the code? I would like to add a condition that allow process the code before 4 pm, Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric If FileDateTime(PathFileName) > Date + TimeSerial(8, 0, 0) Then {It is working!} I would like to add another condition that allow process the code before 4 pm, which I tried and show below, but it does not work. If FileDateTime(PathFileName) > Date + TimeSerial(8, 0, 0) Or Now < TimeSerial(16, 0, 0) Then {It does not wor...

Outlook 2003 frequently crashing 11-19-09
Outlook 2003 with Vista Ultimate crashes about every 15 min - have tried reloading but no difference - any ideas anyone Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.8312.0 Application Timestamp: 4a403990 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0003e13d OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1 Locale ID: 2057 Extra information about the problem LCID: 1033 Brand: Office11Crash skulcid: 1033 Bucket ID: 1431324759 try delet...

Excel
Hi all, I need to know how to convert times from AM to PM, for example: 9:53 AM 10:33 AM 10:50 AM change to: 21:53 PM 22:33 PM 22:50 PM (obviously I need to change a number of records at once!) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Mar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mil... Try this. Highlight the column that contains the times (provided that is all tha is in the column). Then go to Edit...Replace. First replace all of you PM with your initials...that is if you are also going to change PM t AM eventually. Next, go to Edit...Replace and replace all of your ...