Trim rightword letter in a word

I have a list in which the last letter is x e.g DDLX, BBLX, XCVFX. I
want the final list to look like  DDL, BBL, XCVF.

 TIA/Amag

0
amitntu (29)
12/16/2005 10:57:02 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"amag" <amitntu@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a list in which the last letter is x e.g DDLX, BBLX, XCVFX. I
> want the final list to look like  DDL, BBL, XCVF.
>
> TIA/Amag

For a list in column A starting at A1, put this formula in B1
=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)
and copy down as far as necessary.

If you want, you can then copy column B and use
Edit > Paste Special > Values
to paste the results, allowing the original list to be deleted.

0
Stephen

how to use c++ to insert a Chart of "MSGraph.Chart.8" in the Word
i has the below code, //1 line of below is copy from BBS COleVariant vTrue((short)TRUE), vFalse((short)FALSE), vOpt((long)DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND, VT_ERROR); //Declaration the word application _Application m_App; Documents m_Docs; _Document m_Doc; Selection m_Sel; InlineShapes picObject; ...... try{ picObject=m_Sel.GetInlineShapes(); //this insert a picture from a file picObject.AddPicture("c:\\ueki_l.jpg",vFalse,vTrue,vOpt); //Now i want to insert a Chart //I try like this,...

Comparing docs in MS Word
When I try to compare two versions of a document using MS Word, it has been crossing out entire paragraphs in RED and then re-writing it in Blue as if the whole thing was changed (although only one or two words were changed). I tried it many times and got the same result. Is there a way to make it work properly. I used Track Changes - Compare Documents. Thanks. You would be better off asking this in a Word group rather than an Excel forum "R. Basu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014d01c49117$62376790$a401280a@phx.gbl... : When I try to ...

Automating Word from Access
I have a macro that I want to add to a document when I open it from Access. The macro will be attached to the print event and will prevent printing if any formfield is not filled. This macro used to reside in all the documents but it caused a problem for one set of users so they want it removed. The only time the macro is required, is if the user uses my application to populate the document fields. We want to make sure that they do not print the document if any data is missing. I have done a fair amount of automation but nothing like this. Can anyone provide code to add this macro ...

Audio Trim
Greetings from Downunder In PPT 2010 we have (at long last) the ability to trim, fade in and fade out audio tracks. I have a track that needs the first 7 secs to be removed and I can overcome this by advancing the green slider to the right. But that 7 secs of audio is still there, just not being played. My question is -- can that 7 secs be REMOVED from the audio timeline permamently. All help always appreciated. /carl In article <es7nH7bjKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Carl wrote: > Greetings from Downunder > In PPT 2010 we have (at long last) the ability to tri...

Vista
Using Vista -Microsoft Office Word and Style Set 2003, I can't advance 1st word in a sentence . How remedy this problem? What do you mean by "advance 1st word in a sentence"? On Dec 18, 2:26=A0pm, Pete <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Vista -Microsoft Office Word and Style Set 2003, I can't advance 1s= t > word in a sentence . > How remedy this problem? First-line indent, perhaps? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Peter T. Daniels" <gra...

MS Word as email editor
I recently changed laptop computers and reinstalled Office XP Pro. Outlook does not recognize Word as email editor. This problem did not exist previously. I have reinstalled Office XP twice, both as a repair and a total reinstall. Error reads - "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." No option except OK, which then de-selects the setting in Tools > Options > Mail Format > Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box. Any thoughts? Hi Jim Do you h...

Losing formating going from Word 2002 to Outlook 2002
I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why I am losing m formating when try to send a newsletter in word using outlook 2002 fro within word. When the email is received, the formating is all messed up. I tried to save the document as a web page and then send it but it i still received messed up. The newsletter is four columns wide, has text and graphics and wa saved and sent as all three different types (RTF, HTML and a norma word docutment) and still not luck. Can any one offer any advise ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.Exc...

Trim function #2
How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. Hi not really sure what you're rying to achieve. Could you give an example? >-----Original Message----- >How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. >. > When you use the TRIM Worksheet Function by itself the result is displayed in the cell. =TRIM(B1) If you want to know what B1 actually contains, you could use CODE for each byte, but easier would be Chip Pearson's Cell View -- http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm For a maco to trim all cells i...

Missing Collections Letters
I've upgraded to v9.0 from v8 and have lost the collection letters in the Letter Writing Assistant. I have been unable to figure out how to get them back in the list of available letters. The actual .doc files are still located in the file system, just not in the LWA list. Thanks ...

2007 Outlook and 2007 Word
I have up graded to 2007 and have the following problem. I use word as my editor in outlook email. When I type an email in outlook, the type continues to move across the page. It does not end at the end of the page and proceed to the next line. It just goes and goes. i have set up the format as HTML text in both word and outlook. I have reloaded the program, and the problem is still not fixed. i am stumped and need help Thank you Outlook 2007 does not use Word as the email editor in the same way that earlier versions of Outlook did use Word if you selected that option. Your p...

How to disable Small alphabet letters on the form
I know the code to disable the small alphabet letters on form. I have to write on each form indiviually. Is there any method that i can set the code globally when the mdb is started the small alphabet letter is disabled and the user can only type the capital letter on the all the Forms Please advise. Regards Irshad =?Utf-8?B?SXJzaGFkIEFsYW0=?= <IrshadAlam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4D97999E-8093-40F8-A7C7-128B7325037D@microsoft.com: > I know the code to disable the small alphabet letters on form. > I have to write on each form indiviually. Is there any method...

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

Publisher and Word
I am wondering is it possible to write a letter in the Word program and use the letterhead that I have on my desktop that I created from Publisher? Please help me with some direction concerning this mattter. The product is Office 2003, which icludes Office Word 2003 and Publisher 2003. -- wrightgodisable Sure..just plop (copy/paste) it into Word...you can even make a Word Template with it already in place so you can use it without having to copy paste it every time. "wrightgodisable" <wrightgodisable@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53C7979F-2D2D-41...

adding bullets to a para, moves first letter to the right
When I try to add bullets in word 97-2003, the first letter of each sentence moves to the extreme right Sounds like you probably have a tab stop at that position. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A414DC8-90CD-4591-8B3A-6B4B78D44236@microsoft.com... > When I try to add bullets in word 97-2003, the first letter of each > sentence > moves to the extreme right To add...

Converting a word doc to publisher
I try to import a word document from publisher and it says I need a MS office 2000 premium disc to get a "import converter" file. I have 2003 Office, Small Business addition. I can't find that file on the internet. Any suggestions on importing word to publisher? Additional text converters and image filters are available in the Microsoft Office Converter Pack http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;212265 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike" <A...

Trouble importing Word doc into new template
I am a novice Publisher 2003 user but have set up a template to imporve the looks of a 12 page newsletter - let's call it "New". The content is mostly text, but with some graphs - but no photos etc. I have already prepared this months newsletter in Word and wish to import from the Word document to create a Publisher document, based on my new design. However, whenever I do this the imported text is dropped into the default publisher template, not my new design. I did try manually copying across as a work around, but the pasted test did not take up the new formatting (i.e...

Text suggestions in Word 2007
What is the name of the option that suggests a word when you are typing (like the days of the week) and allows you to hit enter to insert the word instead of typing the whole word? And how do you turn it on and off? You are referring to AutoComplete suggestions. In Word 2007 this feature only works for dates (not for AutoText/Building Blocks), and the only way to turn it on or off is via a macro. To run the macro, do the following: Press Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window. Type Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = False ...

outlook can't find Word #2
Using Office XP Standard - has worked fine for a couple of years. Recently (perhaps related to a corrupted doc) Outlook "can't find Word" so it's using built-in Outlook editor. I've gone into "Tools," "Options," "mail format" a dozen times but it doesn't stick. I've downloaded all updates. Anyone have any thougts? LS Should have added - please send replies to duffy249@att.net Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Using Office XP Standard - has worked fine for a couple of >years. Recently (perhaps related to a co...

Trim
I would like to know how to trim the data from one column? Example: From: 010203-04/02/05 to 04/02/05 From 010203-04/02/05 to 010203. Please anybody let me know how to us function or inpu formula? Thank you! -- Select column, do data / Text to Columns / delimited / in 'other' box put a hyphen - Hit Next and then lose whichever column you don't want by choosing the 'do not import' column option, or if you want both then just hit Ok till done. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pr...

unwanted automated inserts in Word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel a word typed in a Word document that is found in the address book generates an unwanted phrase - can't find a way to change this <dbdbdb@officeformac.com> wrote: > > a word typed in a Word document that is found in the address book > generates an unwanted phrase - can't find a way to change this Your questions are a little cryptic. You should provide far more details :-\ What's found in the address book?? What phrase are you getting in Word?? Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP h...

word at end of line hypenates and continues onto next line
I want publisher to keep words together on each line rather than hyphenating and going onto the next. Can someone help me with this please? I've tried to select Format - Paragraph - Line and Paragraph Breaks - Keep Line with Next, Orphan Control, Keep Lines Together but nothing seems to change the hyphenating. Tools, language, hyphenation. If you want hyphenation turned off permanently... Tools, options, edit tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kjcatt" <kjcatt@discussions.microsoft.co...

How to know if a letter has been answered or not
In my old version of out look, when i answered a letter, immediately, when the letter had been dispatched, then a arrow mark appeared in the in box left of the letter. but in out look 2007 there is not that provision. so how to know if a letter has been answered or not. "sebastian" <sebastian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8FA6797-7E00-4C40-8EA1-71741BFC7FF4@microsoft.com... > In my old version of out look, when i answered a letter, immediately, when > the letter had been dispatched, then a arrow mark appeared in the in box > left > of the ...

TRIM function not working
I am trying to remove trailing spaces from entires in a column. In another column I have used the expression of the following format in each of the cells next to those that I want to change : =TRIM(C200) . This has made no difference to the length of the entries in the column and the trailing spacess have not been eliminated. Can anyone help please Peter Peter, It is likely that you have other ASCII characters that look like spaces - try this macro first Sub TrimALL() 'David McRitchie 2000-07-03 mod 2000-08-16 2005-09-29 join.htm '-- http://www.mvps.org/d...

PDFs and Word Documents in Access Report
I'm trying to give the users an option to insert documents or PDFs into the report. I added an oleobject to the report. However, only page one will be displayed. Is there a way around this? I'd like to just store the filename in my table, then load the document into the OLE Object when the report is loaded. Thanks Vayse There is no method available to display more than the first page of the document. You simply cannot combine an Access report with an external document. The only workaround would be to programmatically: Print all/portion of the Access report Print the external...

Can a word database be converted to a excell database?
I am now using quickbooks Pro 2010 and it will not accept a word database. It will use a excell database. My word database is really large and I do not want to recreate it. Any suggestions. Copy and paste it into Excel. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA1A940B-C6B1-432E-86EB-D47F21D4C2A2@microsoft.com... >I am now using quickbooks Pro 2010 and it will not accept a word database. >It > will use a excell database. ...