Transfering numbers into a row

Hi

is there a way to move or copy a column of
numbers in cells into a row of cells?

thanks

Daniel

0
Daniel
2/21/2005 6:54:29 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Copy the column, put cursor where you want it to go, select Paste-Special,
Transpose

Excel XP.
--
Hans Manhave
Jack
"Daniel" <nospam@nowhere> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> is there a way to move or copy a column of
> numbers in cells into a row of cells?
>
> thanks
>
> Daniel

0
hmanhave (2)
2/21/2005 7:06:44 PM
Excellent, thanks for your help

regards

Daniel
"HansM" <hmanhave@jackson-lloyd.com> wrote in message
> Copy the column, put cursor where you want it to go, select Paste-Special,
> Transpose
>
> Excel XP.
> --
> Hans Manhave
> Jack
> "Daniel" <nospam@nowhere> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> is there a way to move or copy a column of
>> numbers in cells into a row of cells?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Daniel

0
Daniel
2/21/2005 9:49:12 PM
HansM,

How about my "expanded version of this problem"?  It would be involving
several thousand rows so copy paste is not an option.

Thanks

Travis

FROM THIS

F1     F2
12345  VA7X
12345  40-5
12345  M5
12345  CXT1
12346  50-3
12347  VM8X
12347  VM25C

TO THIS

F1        F2     F3     F4     F5
12345     VA7X   40-5   M5     CXT1
12346     50-3
12347     VM8X
12347     VM25C
"HansM" <hmanhave@jackson-lloyd.com> wrote in message
> Copy the column, put cursor where you want it to go, select Paste-Special,
> Transpose
>
> Excel XP.
> --
> Hans Manhave
> Jack
> "Daniel" <nospam@nowhere> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> is there a way to move or copy a column of
>> numbers in cells into a row of cells?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Daniel

0
rem7600 (4)
2/22/2005 7:45:08 PM
In news:uKknFcRGFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
REM7600 <rem7600@hotmail.com> typed:
> HansM,
>
> How about my "expanded version of this problem"?  It would be
> involving several thousand rows so copy paste is not an option.
>
> Thanks
>
> Travis
>

> FROM THIS
>
> F1     F2
> 12345  VA7X
> 12345  40-5
> 12345  M5
> 12345  CXT1
> 12346  50-3
> 12347  VM8X
> 12347  VM25C
>

> TO THIS
>
> F1        F2     F3     F4     F5
> 12345     VA7X   40-5   M5     CXT1
> 12346     50-3
> 12347     VM8X
> 12347     VM25C
> "HansM" <hmanhave@jackson-lloyd.com> wrote in message
>> Copy the column, put cursor where you want it to go, select
>> Paste-Special, Transpose
>>
>> Excel XP.
>> --
>> Hans Manhave
>> Jack
>> "Daniel" <nospam@nowhere> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> is there a way to move or copy a column of
>>> numbers in cells into a row of cells?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Daniel

.... Try something like this and modify to suit:
Put in Sheet2!A2:

Put the formula in Sheet2!B2:
(credit: Soo Cheon Jheong)
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A:$A,$A2)<COLUMNS($B2:B2),"",
    OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MATCH($A2,Sheet1!$A:$A,0)+COLUMNS($B2:B2)-2,1))

--
regards/pozdrav!
Berislav

0
bs (25)
2/23/2005 10:43:16 AM
use
edit-copy-edit-pastespecial-values-transpose

But there can only be 256 columns and therefore can only be 256 rows.

question not clear.

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:43:16 +0100, b&s <bs@real.address.below> wrote:

> In news:uKknFcRGFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> REM7600 <rem7600@hotmail.com> typed:
>> HansM,
>>
>> How about my "expanded version of this problem"?  It would be
>> involving several thousand rows so copy paste is not an option.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Travis
>>

>> FROM THIS
>>
>> F1     F2
>> 12345  VA7X
>> 12345  40-5
>> 12345  M5
>> 12345  CXT1
>> 12346  50-3
>> 12347  VM8X
>> 12347  VM25C
>>

>> TO THIS
>>
>> F1        F2     F3     F4     F5
>> 12345     VA7X   40-5   M5     CXT1
>> 12346     50-3
>> 12347     VM8X
>> 12347     VM25C
>> "HansM" <hmanhave@jackson-lloyd.com> wrote in message
>>> Copy the column, put cursor where you want it to go, select
>>> Paste-Special, Transpose
>>>
>>> Excel XP.
>>> --
>>> Hans Manhave
>>> Jack
>>> "Daniel" <nospam@nowhere> wrote in message

> ... Try something like this and modify to suit:
> Put in Sheet2!A2:
>       12345
>       12346
>       12347
>       12348
>
> Put the formula in Sheet2!B2:
> (credit: Soo Cheon Jheong)
> =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A:$A,$A2)<COLUMNS($B2:B2),"",
>     OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,MATCH($A2,Sheet1!$A:$A,0)+COLUMNS($B2:B2)-2,1))
>

> --
> regards/pozdrav!
> Berislav

Adding numbers to a list
I want to make a dvd list through excel and number each of them, bu instead of typing 1 through 200 for example, I would like a formula t do it for me. So typing 1 in the first cell and dragging it down, s that it says 1,2,3,4instead of writing it manually.Can someone hel me? Thanks, Alienyd -- alienyd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alienyde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2711 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54399 Put 1 in the first cell, right click the lower corner...

Extract some fields from a Row to a column #2
Hi! Frank Thanks for your help, Follows a sample of my database, as you'll see try to get the info in row 2 to column B and row 3 to Column C. Thanks Again Column A Column B ColumnC Column D Colum E Row 1 GEORGE CLAUDIA Row 2 Row 3 SARASOTA F 34237 Row 2 2750 RINGLING BLVD Row 3 Phone: (941) 954-5536 Row 1 GEORGE DESPINA CPA APALACHICOLA FL 32320 Row 2 99 MARKET ST Row 3 Phone: (850) 653-2770 Row 1 GEORGE F CPA PA TALLAHASSEE FL 32308 Row 2 170...

Page Numbers
I want to print just one page of my money file. Is there any way I can tell what the page number is of what I have on the screen? Thanks "one page of [your] Money file." I presume by that you mean one screen's worth of register view or something, not one page of a report??? You are going to need to do something like copy it to the clipboard (Alt+PrtSc) and then paste it into Word or WordPad. If you mean reports, then I'd check out Adobe Acrobat or some of the work-alike PDF file generating print drivers. The print your reports to a PDF file. From there, look at the gener...

about transfer order

INSERT NEW ROW MACRO BUTTON
Hi, I am looking for a standard "insert new row" macro function that would be triggered by a simple "button" click from the user. I searched the forum, but only found specific macros (insert based on a value, insert every other lines...etc..). I am creating an excel "Use Case" template for several business units. All I want from these users, is to use my excel template to describe their daily tasks (step by step). So the first row will be for them to entire the title of their use case, the second row, their name, the 3rd row the overall description AND......

Listbox with huge number of rows
My app has a listbox that displays a huge number of rows (several thousand) for multi-selection. I'd like some way to position based on the first letter. Is there a good way to do this? Thanks. It may be possible to use the KeyPress event of the list box, but it sounds like a really horrid interface. Might be better to use a temp table (for the selected options), with a subform for selecting them. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "mscerti...

Receipt Number Auto
Hello all, wondering if anyone has had this issue before.. When we go into receipt transactions we get "A unigue number could not be generated" This is based of the REC next number.. looking at the SQl logs it keeps going and going until what I believe is the timeout session and then you get whatever number it left off at.. can't find any knowledge base articles on this issue what-so-ever. Using GP8 sp 3 Here are my suggestions. Before you do anything, backup your databases for possible restoration if you are not happy with the results. Better yet, restore your backup o...

Adding spaces between numbers in a cell that contains a full address
Hello, Sample data: 3-764 Neighbourhood Cir 39 Frostbite Lane 3938 Stardust Drive 4 Jones Lane I have a spreadsheet that contains addresses in a column such as the ones above. What I need to do is separate the numbers in the addresses in one of two ways. Either would be ok. The first is (and better for me) would be so that the number portion of the address would have spaces between every number, and then the rest of the addresses in the same cell. For example, "3-764 Neighbourhood Cir", would become "3 - 7 6 4 Neighbourhood Cir". The second would be to split the num...

Multiple Reorder Numbers from One Vendor
Multiple suppliers for one item is great. Multiple items from the same supplier would be nice. For example, we sell spa (hot tub) supplies. One of the products we carry is basically spa perfume. It comes in four scents. I can order cases of 12--either 12 of each scent or an assorted case (3 each of all 4 scents). More example Case of 12 Scents: Scent A = 1234A Scent B = 1234B Scent C = 1234C Scent D = 1234D Assortment = 1234X I don't have an induvidual item 1234X, only items 1234A-D. I cannot add both reorder numbers to the items, as RMS won't let me add the same supplier t...

Transfering messages

HR Position Transfers

Numbering Add-In #2
I have a purchase order template I created with Excel 97 which includes an automatic counter field to give each PO its unique ID number. When I try to open this template in XP, I am told that I need to install the numbering add-in into the Library. However, I cannot find this add-in amongst those available in Excel. I have had no luck trying to source it on the Microsoft website, find reference to this specific add-in in Offline or Online help etc. WHERE IS IT???? This add-in is no longer part of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288118&Product=xlw ...

Inventory item numbers
There are quantities for existing item numbers. What is the best method to move these balances to new item numbers: 1) Buy item number modifier from Professional Tools or 2) Use decrease adjustments to reduce the existing balances to zero, then post increase adjustments to the new item numbers. Jackie, Is there any reason that you would want to keep the history of what happened under the old number vs. the new one? If so, then go with option 2. Will the new item be set up differently than the old one? If so, most likely you'll want option 2 (this will be true for most 'major...

Windows Easy Transfer

Numbering for column
Hi, Good Day! I seldom used microsoft excel but sometimes i do used it for some simple calculation. When I just opened an excel spreadsheet, the numbering of column is in number format(1, 2, 3...) and not in alphabet format(A, B, C...) May I know how can i reset it back to alphabet? Thanks in advanced. rgds, Phoebe Tools|Options|General|Uncheck R1C1 Reference Style (this is picked up from the first workbook you open in that session. So make sure you save your workbook after the change--and make a note of how you fixed it. It can happen again if the first workbook opened has R1C1 refe...

ADDING A NUMBER

Hide embedded objects contained in row that is filtered out
When using the >Data >Autofilter a row becomes hidden but if it contained an embedded object it show in the next row that appears - bad. how can embedded objects be hidden along with the row they are embedded in? select the object(s) and use Format/Selected Object (or format autoshape...), then on the properties tab, select Move & Size with cells. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Jim2003" wrote: > When using the >Data >Autofilter a row becomes hidden but if it contained an > embedded object it show in the next row that appears - bad. > > how can embedded obje...

Non English page numbering
Hi everyone. I would like to know how to display, save and print my page numbering format in non-English language like Hindi numbering or farsi(persian) format. How? On Mon, 24 May 2010 22:48:01 -0700, Milad <Milad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everyone. I would like to know how to display, save and print my page >numbering format in non-English language like Hindi numbering or >farsi(persian) format. How? You can simply rename your pages into the appropriate language. You will, of course, have to know the Hindi/Farsi for Page-1 etc or whatever you want ...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

sorting numbers in a column
Problem: The numbers I am sorting are composed of various numbers of integers, some having four digits, others five or six, and so on. I would like to have them sort by number regardless of number of digits. Will Excel let me do this? example: presently it looks like this: 3004 12001656 530393505 2200498378 and I really want it to sort like this: 12001656 2200498378 3004 530393505 Can this be done? -- kailuamike ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kailuamike's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29558 View...

Conditionally Hide Rows
I have a spreadsheet where I would like to be able to hide selected rows if a specific cell within that row meets a specific condition. The conditional cell is a cell reference to another sheet within the workbook. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so how? Thanks in advance for your advice. Crownman Maybe you can select the column and apply Data|filter|autofilter to hide/show the rows you want. Debra Dalgleish has some notes here: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html Crownman wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet where I would like to be able to hide selected > r...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Shading rows
Hello - I am a teacher in an alternative school where we must keep up with the contact hours of each student. I have been doing this with Excel for 2 years but there is one thing that really bugs me. I shade every other row light gray to make the easier to follow a given student across an entire month. This works fine until I have to add a new student (I keep them in alpha order). I can't copy, cut and paste because that screws the shadings up so I have to insert a row, etc. etc... Bottom line - can I lock the shadings of a row so I can copy and paster data only? Thank you ...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...