Tool for auto loading/refreshing/updating/etc...

Can anyone recommend a tool that can load workbooks on a schedule, perform
tasks, etc, etc....

Thank you.

Richard

0
do.not.use (18)
1/26/2006 12:29:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Windows Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Scheduled Tasks.

Use the Workbook_Open event for the workbooks you specify to be loaded.  In
that event, call the code that needs to run to do the tasks.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Richard Edwards" <do.not.use@do.not.use.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a tool that can load workbooks on a schedule, perform
> tasks, etc, etc....
>
> Thank you.
>
> Richard

0
twogilvy (1078)

MSXML2 to Load xml document using ISO-8859-1 encoding
HI My application connects to the UPS server which returns an ISO-8859-1 encoded XML response. I need a part of this response, ie. the AccessLicenseAgreement , which i need to display in my application and then return to the UPS server with the next request. Their server matches what they sent me with what i return back to them. Due to the difference in the encoding method it returns an Invalid AccessLicenseAgreement error back to me. I set my request Processing Instruction to ISO-8859-1 encoding, but i still get the same error from them. I am guessing the problem is when i read it in using Lo...

aggregate calculation works in select query but not an update quer
The below query works well as a Select Query. But when I turn it into an update query, I get a whole lot of nothing in the results. Interestingly, if I try to call this query from a Macro on my form, I get error (-20324) repeated the number of times that there are records in the query. It was designed to go into a table of price breaks & decide whether the quantities being ordered meet the price breaks. It then takes either that adjusted price, or the original price & populate the values into a table. Select Query: SELECT QryBOMDetails2.ParentBOMID, QryBOMDetails2.B...

List numbers and auto-formating of remaining document
I was happy to find that Word will add a numbered list after I start it but not so happy that when I change back to non-list typing my margins, tabs, etc. change. Can't seem to find where to turn off this automation. It appears that at one point I did somehow turn it off but also lost my automated list function. When I eventually (somehow) got my ability to automatically create a numbered list back that margin changes, etc. returned also. Where can I turn off the change in margin settings and still automatically created list numbers? ...

Hi All, I've got an MFC dialog-only app that I want to load a menu from a resource-only DLL. Is this possible? I can easily load strings from the DLL, but can't figure out how to load and display a menu that lives in the DLL. CWnd::SetMenu takes a CMenu pointer, and CMenu::LoadMenu doesn't take a library handle, so I'm at a dead end there. Can someone point me to some sample code or post a code snippet on how to do this? I'm hoping there is _some_ way to do this with a LoadLibrary handle to my resource-only DLL? I'm assuming you can do this in the ::OnInitDi...

update workbook links over network
Hi i have 2 workbooks one is where i can enter details in to it called planner, i have a second called display where i have paste linked cells from planner into the display workbook, if both workbooks are open on the same pc, the display workbook is updated instantly, but if i open the display workbook on a different pc on the same network it onlu updates the cells on opening when it asks to 'update' any idea how to get it updating instrantly? thanks It's never going to update, "instantly" because its going across the network and that involves an inhere...

auto replication of text within a file
Help! Can Publisher (or Word) automatically replicate an object and changes to that object from one page to another? Here's my real-life example: I'm creating a menu on Page 1, and I want that menu to automatically show up on Page 4. Also, I want any subsequent changes I make to the menu on Page 1 to show up on that same menu on Page 4. Can this be done? This can be done quite easily with OLE. However you give no details about which version of Windows and Publisher you are using. -- ...

Auto Respond and Forwarding for Exited Employees?
I'd like to know what the best practice is for dealing with mailboxes of exited employees. What we've been doing is disabling the account on the date of termination and then (when we get around to it) creating a contact with the employees new personal email address and forwarding emails that come in to the old address along to their personal email. This works for us because we have a lot of field staff. For exited office staff, we obviously forward to the new employee handling that position. Here's my question: How can we forward along a message to an outside address AND se...

Auto Preview Received TIFF Attachment?
Hi, I have just setup SBS 2003 in our office and am using the fax service to route incoming faxes to one user. The user is running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro SP2. The problem with our new system is that viewing the incoming faxes requires either saving the TIFF to disk and then finding it and opening it or right clicking on the message and selecting "view attachment." One particular user is not very computer savy and is having problems with this whole system and is therfore complaining to me about getting rid of the old fashion fax machine. Is there any way I can set up this user...

On Update Cascade. Should I use it?
Hello, When should I cascade on update or on delete? On delete I am cascading all relationships not including the ones with Lookup tables. But should I use it on Update? Thanks, Miguel "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5049af1f-507d-4c73-a10f-a70013b7e7e2@s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > When should I cascade on update or on delete? > > On delete I am cascading all relationships not including the ones with > Lookup tables. > > But should I use it on Update? Cascading should be done whenever you wa...

after update 10-11-07
Hello, I have a form that can be edited and also allows for new additions. The form is also connected to a second form and table and thus uses the afterupdate demand to connect any additions or changes in the data. However, I want to make it so when entering a new record or exiting the form the user is prompted with a message notifying them that this will result in changes to the database and do you want to continue. The problem is that regardless of whether I click yes or no, the record is updated. is there a way that I can click no and it will return me to my form? Or should I be us...

Outlook will not load?
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 and it keeps telling me it needs the windows installer to run. It loads the splash screen and outlook and then gives me an error, "Application requires installer to run." I have reloaded outlook several times and still get the error. Outlook express seems to work. What do I need to do? Thanks Go to google search for windows installer and download it from the Microsoft website. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I am using Outlook 2000 and it keeps telling me it needs >the windows installer to run. > >It loads the spla...

AzMan update from Production to DEV and TEST
Hi, I tried to backup and restore AzMan from PROD to DEV Environment. It is happening successfully. It is restoring Roles, Operations and Role Assignments too. But I need only Roles and Operations to be updated. Not the Role Assignments. Is there a way to specify only Roles and Operations. I am using NTBACKUP for backup and restoration process. I scripted the Backup and manually doing the restore. Please help asap since this is a production issue now. Is there a way to restore ADAM Database, without affecting Role Assignments? "Kreshiv" wrote: > Hi, &g...

Updating links to cells in another worksheet
Although the cells in worksheet 2 were simultaneously updating when data was changed when the sheet was first set up, it isn't now. I've checked Calculations in Options and it's set for Automatic. Any suggestions? Thanks, Cathy Do you really mean worksheets (as worksheets in one workbook) or do you mean a worksheet in a different workbook? I'm gonna guess you meant that you had links between two workbooks--I've never seen xl have trouble with links between worksheets in the same workbook with calculation set to automatic. My next guess is that you have two differen...

Word freezes after recent updates (KB973904 & KB974561)
Last night, 14 updates were applied to Office. Of these, 12 were security updates and 2 were application updates: 1) Update for 2007 Microsoft office system (KB973904) 2) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561) I am no longer able to "Save As..." or Print. I can no longer change the status of Word Plugins UNLESS I start Word with the "/a" option. Using this option (I guess it is Safe Mode), I was able to turn off all plugins. But that has not solved the problem. If I run Word in normal mode, it freezes when trying to Save As, Print, or access ...

Credit Score Update not working...
I know for a fact that my credit score has changed, but for the past two weeks with 2005sb when I update the score never changes. I don't receive any errors stating it can't connect, but I paid for Experian to give me my score, and it differs from what Money is telling me. Any news? ...

Auto Increment from a one number table
Hi All, I want to be able to auto increment a number, but I don't wan to use the AutoInc feature of Access due to problems that i forsee when i have to reset the number in the future. What is the best way to do this? Can you post some example? or website that may have this information? Thanks for answering. You can use the DMax function (you'll find info on it in your Access help file) to return the maximum existing number, and then add one to it. However, it depends on what you mean by *reset the number*. If you plan on deleting all the existing records and starting over...

windows vista update(service not running)
hi when ever i click the check for updates button,it says service is not running,u need to restart your computer ,i always restart it but the same thing is all over again what shall i do? Date: 4/3/2010 6:04 AM, Author: windows vistaUpdate(service not running) Wrote: > hi > when ever i click the check for updates button,it says service is not > running,u need to restart your computer ,i always restart it but the same > thing is all over again > what shall i do? What Operating System version? What Service Pack level is installed? At what point in the update p...

STOCK PRICE UPDATE 2006
WILL 2006 DELUXE UPDATE STOCK PRICE'S -- GUYT In microsoft.public.money, GUYT wrote: >WILL 2006 DELUXE UPDATE STOCK PRICE'S It will get quotes for listed stocks for US and several other countries. "GUYT" <GUYT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEF091F5-A86B-4BCA-8E0A-F0004C6CC2CC@microsoft.com... > WILL 2006 DELUXE UPDATE STOCK PRICE'S > -- > GUYT CONSIDER USING YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY. SORRY ABOUT THAT CHRIS I ONLY HAVE ONE HAND. -- GUYT "Chris Cowles" wrote: > "GUYT" <GUYT@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Approved task update through PWA, does not update task in Project
My resource has submitted task progress updates through PWA. I review the % update and approve it. The overall task status in the Project Center does not change. That specific task which is now say 80% complete remains 0. If the recourse looks at their "My Task" view, the task sits at 80%. If I open MS Project (client) and look at the same task, the task has the newly changed progress to 80%. Any ideas? Chris -- You have to publish your project before the changes show up in the Project Center. This means that at the end of every round of accepting task updat...

Stopping Auto calculation in part of worksheet
HI need some help I would like to know how to Turnoff Autocalculation in Part of the worksheet and let the other parts continue to Autocalculate HEELP! I don't think that can be done. Alan. <David_Matano@agilent.com> wrote in message news:dde9811f-970a-4252-b028-c3c6d0f253a3@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > HI need some help > > I would like to know how to Turnoff Autocalculation in Part > of the worksheet and let the other parts continue to Autocalculate > > HEELP! You could maybe make the formulas you don't want to calculate dependen...

Auto sum
My spreadsheet have weekly sales data. I need to sum up the data and show monthly total. Currently, I insert one column =sum(a2:d2). But I need to manually change the formular every month for example Oct. have 5 weeks. Is there an easy way I can automatically sum up monthly total? 9/5/04 9/12/04 9/19/04 9/26/04 2,948 4,527 4,584 2,422 Why not try conditional formatting for the 5th week; in other words, if there is a fifth week..., if not..."column width"=0 larry >-----Original Message----- >My spreadsheet have weekly sales data. I need to sum up >the...

Strange MFC Extension DLL Loading Behavior
Hi - Whenever TechExcel's DevTrack 5.6 is running on the same machine as our application, our app. loads some of DevTrack's DLLs into its addresss space. At least one of the DLLs is an extension DLL and it causes resource conflicts with our app. I used the AppWizard to generate a simple MFC app and same thing happens. The generated app can bring up DevTrack dialogs just by creating dialogs with the conflicting IDs What gives Thanks Art ytw wrote: >Hi - > >Whenever TechExcel's DevTrack 5.6 is running on the same machine as our application, our app. loads some of ...

Update Not Complete
I started a new file on 3.12.05. Just this past weekend, I was unable to update the file - I couldn't download new transactions or upload payments. I've repaired the file, turned off Norton then tried to update, etc. but still no luck. Is there a common solution to this problem? I'm using MS Money 2005, with XP Pro, 512MB Ram and Norton Internet Security 2005. The windows firewall is off. Thoughts? Version # 14.0.50.1105 "Confusted in TN" wrote: > I started a new file on 3.12.05. Just this past weekend, I was unable to > update the file - I couldn'...

cant load ie8
just reformatted my hardrive and reinstalled windows vista and using windows update updated all windows information. now i try to load ie8 it says i need an update. when i go to update says i don't need one. thanks And that update would be...? HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220 No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage (only) is available via telephone (based on your locale) through 31 December 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain environment. => US &a...

Updating Excel Spreadsheet
I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically updating the spreadsheet of one user with newer information input by another user. Hello, I think you should use shared workbook. Ex2003: Tools/Share Workbook... Ex2007: Review Ribbon/Share Workbook... Obviously, you need to save the file into shared drive. Let us know if it works :) -- Milan Bortel MCP, MCAS, MCTS GOPAS Computer Training Center Brno, Czech Republic "joesw" wrote: > I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically >...