Tool Bar Won't Go Away

The "Microsoft Office Live Add-In" tool bar will not go away.  I uncheck the
box and that seems to work, however, when I close Excel and open it again,
the Tool Bar is displayed again.  This happens on all Office products, not
just Excel.

There must be a Registry Hack to avoid this.
Thanks

0
someone1 (389)
4/22/2009 10:14:11 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I resolved this when I went to Office 2007.

"JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> The "Microsoft Office Live Add-In" tool bar will not go away.  I uncheck
> the box and that seems to work, however, when I close Excel and open it
> again, the Tool Bar is displayed again.  This happens on all Office
> products, not just Excel.
>
> There must be a Registry Hack to avoid this.
> Thanks

0
someone1 (389)

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

Navigation Bar Wizard
When I add a navigation bar I cant find the wizard for it I delete it and create new. I used to just right click and it said wizard for this object. Now where do I find it. ...

sheet size
Hi all, I have a strange question. I have a sheet that has maybe 100 rows. The scroll bar on the right allows me to move quickly from top to bottom etc. I then delete, or move to another sheet say 80 rows. The scroll bars remain aligned or sized to a sheet with 100 rows. Is there any way to resize the scroll bars to active data only, or maybe occupied rows. jim Jim You can reset the "apparent" used range by deleting rows below your "real" used range the save the workbook. Some versions also require a close and reopen before you see any change. Note: this must be...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

XSD: How far should I go?
I have a legacy data specification that I want to move into XML. My question revolves around specificity (in general) (c: Being a noob I don't know what the current wisdom is with respect to detailed specification in the XSD. Take a phone number for example. One could define a phone element with a simple specification like: <xs:element name = "phone" type=xs:string /> Of course, one could declare a simple type and limit it to say 20 chars. At the extreme, one can composite several simple types: <xs:simpleType name="TelephoneNumberType"> <xs:restr...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

Color change on bars when goal met
How do you have a bar change/begin a new color when the total reaches and surpasses a goal/target? For example, if a series has totals above and below a goal of, say, 70, I want each bar to show when that goal is met and to have a different color on the same said bars displaying the amount above the goal. Hi, What you need to do is break your data range into two data ranges, one for values above 70 the other for ones below, to do that us a formula approach. Say you data is in B1:B10, which x axis data in column A. In C1 enter the formula =IF(B1<70,B1,70) In cell D1 enter the f...

Outlook Client, go online cause uploading to not finish...
Hi, a new laptop for a new employee has an issue when the user try to go online. the uploading step never ends. on my server, I see a lot of transactions (40 to 60tx/sec) during this process. so the user can't go back online correctly. what's appends? we have uninstall and reinstall the CRM client but there is no change. thanks. Jerome. Sounds like something isn't installed in the default Windows XP install. Have you cross referenced the Installation guide. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwich...

Have internet connected but no green bars.
Hi all, This is a windows 7 problem but can't find a newsgroup. After updating my network adapter driver, my green signal bars are missing in the taskbar. The funny thing is that I click on it and it shows green bars in the pop up windows. Internet connection is working btw. Regards David On 6/21/2010 8:57 PM, David Li wrote: > Hi all, > > This is a windows 7 problem but can't find a newsgroup. > After updating my network adapter driver, my green signal bars are > missing in the taskbar. > The funny thing is that I click on it and it...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...

how do you costumize space bar?
When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space bar erases the next letter so i was wandering how to turn this off or how to change it to normal? Press the Insert key (make sure number lock is off). You are on overtype mode. -- Rae Drysdale "Moo" wrote: > When writing a document and i am trying to put space between words the space > bar erases the next letter so i was wandering how to turn this off or how to > change it to normal? ...

Scheduled Bills scroll bars only work when partial screen Money 20
The vertical scroll bars on the Manage Scheduled Bills screen are greyed out when full screen, but normal when partial screen. Problem is present when viewing my data and Test sample.mny. Other screens and other applications not affected. Quick file repair did nothing. My daughter downloaded a program she can't remember the name of and I can't find on the computer recently in order to access photos on Walmart.com. I don't know if I should remove and reinstall MS Money 2004 Small Business edition, or do something else?? It might be better to upgrade to 2007, but the pro...

How to Remove the E-mail Accounts Option from the Tools Menu in Outlook 2002
The following Knowledge base describe how to remove the account option from the tools men in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 242165 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242165 I would like to do the same thing but in outlook 2002. basicaly, I want to set up pop e-mail accounts on client machines and disable any configueration changes by the user. thanks Use Windows Policies or use a custom installation of Outlook and select what options are available to end-users. Or, simply prevent the users from adding an Internet Account by disabling that opti...

Share Workbook is grayed out in the Tools menu
Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 Is that option always greyed out? Or is just greyed out for this workbook? Start a new workbook and test it out. If it's always greyed out, you can try resetting that toolbar: Tools|Customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menu bar click Reset Did that work? Alicia wrote: > > Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use > that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 -- Dave Peterson I was able...

Email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook
Hi all, We're new with CRM and our users are complaining that email activities from CRM not going out to Outlook. I am not sure whether this ever worked before. I tried creating an email activity from an account and sending it to myself and I didn't get anything. I looked around CRM Help and some posts on this group and this is my conclusion: - Email sent from CRM as email activities do NOT go out as regular emails, they just sit as email-type activities in the recipient's CRM account. - To send out regular emails, you have to send them from Outlook and use the "Regarding&qu...

tool bars
I do not have any tool bars in Outlook 2002. I cannot receive or send mail. Can some one help me on how to get the tool bars back. Thanks Locate outcmd.dat and rename it to .old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sharonann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41f901c47fd4$d4d723c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I do not have any tool bars in Outlook 2002. I cannot > receive or send mail. Can some one help ...

Gantt Bar truncated
Quick search ends in no joy.... I had a fellow scheduler drop buy with a question. He has inherited a Project (2003) file. The task bars in the gantt chart view do not reflect the "start" and "finish" dates in the start and finish column. When the dates are added to each end of the bar in the gantt chart view, the task bar extends from the start date but does not stretch all the way out the planned finish date. I did a cursory view of the file on my way out and there was nothing readily apparent that would be driving this condition. I'm new to MS Project...

Color of IE Title Bar
I have a client that wants to change the color of the IE Tile Bar based on the form that is open(different color for Opportunity/Account etc). I can do this my manually modifying the aspx file but would prefer to do it with an on open event using javascript. Does anybody have a sample of how to change the color of the IE Title bar? -- Regards, Robert McPherson Candlewest Systems Group Robert, I'm not familiar of any way to change the color of an IE Title bar programatically or by even coding that into a page. I'm under the impression that that's a window's UI setting....

How do I use exchange tools to identify who is sending virus from network
What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email through our exchange server? We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they got in. We are trying to determine where the virus are originating from and not having much luck. Does anyone have any ideas on what tools could help with this? Thanks, Paul Stephenson Paul Stephenson wrote: > What tool can we use to help identify who is sending out virus email > through our exchange server? > > We thought we had all computers protected, but it seems somehow they > got in. We are trying to d...

stress / performance testing tool for Dynamics GP 10
Is there any stress / performance testing tool available for Dynamics GP 10? ------=_NextPart_0001_16D3B820 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. GP development may have special tools for creating or posting heavy GP activity, however we in support do not have access to them. As far as performance testing/troubleshooting, tools that test network latency and SQL performance are what we sometimes use for troubleshooting performance issues. These include SQL Profiler (built in with SQL) to create SQL traces and ensure there is ...

tools
I had to send an e-mail with read receipt option but now I cant remove it. I click on it but it stays. What do I do to remove so every e-mail i send doesnt ask for one? -- cc "ccbaker" <ccbaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D139C4A3-B2DE-43D9-8E16-7D04AE8D597D@microsoft.com... >I had to send an e-mail with read receipt option but now I cant remove it. >I > click on it but it stays. What do I do to remove so every e-mail i send > doesnt ask for one? > -- > cc Tools>options>receipts. -- Regards Steve. ...

SFO Synchronization
Hi Guys, I have finally had a successful installation of Outlook Client (laptop version) for 3.0. How can i choose the data (specific data) that i would want to synchronize before going offline ? The documentations talk about the provision of choosing the required dataset before going offline.. I remember in 1.2 , we had the option of choosing "My business unit" records etc, but i dont find any such options in 3.0. Has anybody been successful in synching only the required set of data and not the entire set of records ? thank you you need to be in online mode, in the crm drop...

changing tool tip at runtime
Hello, Is it possible to change the text of a tool tip of a toolbar button at runtime? Thanks, Vaclav Yes you can. You can use CToolBar::SetButtonText to change the tooltip of the toolbar button. AliR. "Vaclav" <no@spam.please> wrote in message news:O5IyCGExFHA.3112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to change the text of a tool tip of a toolbar button at > runtime? > > Thanks, > Vaclav > > > Never mind, I was wrong! I thought that would do the trick. I am looking for a solution. AliR. "AliR" <AliR@onlin...