Todays Date that does not update

I created a macro and a button that when clicked it entered todays date in a
cell, which is what I wanted. I used "Today( )".
Problem is the date keeps updating to todays date and I want it to stay the
date I entered it in. Is there some other value or formula to do this so it
does not update everyday?
Thanks!!

0
tom6083 (5)
1/23/2006 3:57:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You need to enter the date itself. Any function will always
update to the current date. Ctrl+; will enter the current date in
a cell.

In VBA, use

Range("A1").Value = Date

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tom Meacham" <tom@sourcefinancialmtg.com> wrote in message
>I created a macro and a button that when clicked it entered
>todays date in a cell, which is what I wanted. I used
>"Today( )".
> Problem is the date keeps updating to todays date and I want it
> to stay the date I entered it in. Is there some other value or
> formula to do this so it does not update everyday?
> Thanks!!

0
chip1 (1821)

how come =date(year(today()),month(today())+6,today()) show 2097?
While evaluating, everything goes fine till it reaches today(), as 39216 and suddenly the result is the one given above. Why? Sorry, got the error. "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:esGfEAalHHA.492@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > While evaluating, everything goes fine till it reaches today(), as 39216 > and suddenly the result is the one given above. Why? > Maybe you meant: =date(year(today()),month(today())+6,day(today())) I wasn't sure if you found a solution or not. dindigul wrote: > > Sorry, got the error. > "dindigul&...

Money date formats
How do you apply a change to the date format for MS Money Have you tried setting the date format on the regions control panel? Many Money formats come from there. "michael furniss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:055601c39837$711bb3d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you apply a change to the date format for MS Money ...

updating inventory
Hello: Per a TechKnowledge document, I found the listing of GP 9.0 Inventory tables. After reviewing this list, I used an ODBC connection to dump data from these SQL tables to Excel. I created tabs in the spreadsheet to represent each table, such as IV00101. The client wants to update inventory items because some of them should have been setup as, say, services instead of sales inventory. Within reason, he is going to try to change these manually on his own in GP. For other changes, we are thinking about importing the revised data in these Excel spreadsheets and using Table Import ...

View Only Today's Tasks
OL 2003, XP Home When viewing the calendar and the task pad at the same time, I want to see today's tasks and past due tasks, but when I go to View > Taks Pad View > Today's Tasks I still get tasks for all dates (but no tasks without due dates). How can I fix the filters that it seems I messed up? -- ICQ# I also can't get it to display tasks for Active Tasks for Selected Days. It keeps showing the same tasks as Today's Tasks! Filter Hell ahhhhh! -- ICQ# "Diggy" <jamesOU812@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pLxtWasDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

Making my own data file (pst) the outlook today file
I have just setup Outlook 2003. I have opened my old PST file. I wish to use this and make this my default data file. I will therefore not require the Personal Folder which is the Outlook today default I think I need to make my opened PST file the default file before I can delete the Personal Folders file But how do I do this...... Thanks Go to Tools | E-mail Accounts, select View or change existing e-mail accounts, click Next, and then choose your preferred file in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" dropdown box. Click Finish, and then you will be able to close...

Online update errors
When I try to update my accounts I get the following error: "Your last call encountered an error. Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." This is occurring on ALL of my accounts (banking, credit cards, MSN Bill Pay, etc.), which span multiple banks. I haven't seen this problem previously. Internet connectivity is fine. I have added all of the passport and money central websites to trusted sites in IE. I'm using Money Plus Deluxe 17.0.120.1415. Recommendations? I am having the same problem, Ann. I can import files from ...

Date Format Help
Can someone tell me where to go to set my explorer date format to YYYY/MM/DD? Thanks Richard Richard wrote: > Can someone tell me where to go to > set my explorer date format to YYYY/MM/DD? Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html ) How to change date formatting in Windows XP http://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+change+date+formatting+in+Windows+XP First l...

sql table not updated after converting from a97
Are there any known problems regarding SQL tables not updating and not leaving any error message either? We have an Access application that was written in Access 97 that contains VB code that worked fine. It's now been converted to Access 2000. The process runs and doesn't return any errors, but when the table is checked for the upates (indicated in reports generated during the process) the updates aren't there. Can someone please shed some light as to what we need to do to fix this? Thanks, Sharon ...

Date Format Problem #3
Hello, I've imported a set of data from an external source into Excel. One of the fields is the date and it is displayed in Excel as:- 2003-03-25 11:34:04. When I try to change this however to 'dd-mmm-yy' format there is no change. It also means that calculations based on this date can't be made. If I double click the cell with the '2003-03-25 11:34:04' date (as if I was to edit the contents) and immediately hit enter (thus not making any changes), then the format does change to the 'dd-mmm-yy' format and calculations can be made. Is there any way ...

"gain since opening date"
Hi. M06: Investing, Investing Accounts, "Gain Since Opening Date" Could someone explain to me what this means? For one investment the 'current value' is 385.34 and the 'value on 4/5/07' is 381.14 and 'gain since opening date' is 594.15. The $594.15 seems to not mean anything relevant to me because it's either wrong or I don't know what it mean. Where is this number coming from? This is an investment that I reinvest the quarterly dividend but other than that, there have been no transactions in the account. ??? In microsoft.public.money, theo...

Charting dates on the Y axis without weekends
I need to graph employees' performance in turning in reports on time. So the y axis is the date and the x axis is the employees' names. Is it possible to eliminate weekends on the y axis? Otherwise, employees who turn in a report Monday that was due Friday look like they are 3 days late, when actually they are just one day late. -- JenTK2006 In article <9418C405-F3DE-43C2-A236-3CE9D8FE1942@microsoft.com>, JenTK2006 @discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to graph employees' performance in turning in reports on time. So the > y axis is the date and the x a...

Outlook Today
I have two problems in Outlook Today. Here's the scenario. Today is Saturday 3rd Jan, 2004. In Customize Outlook Today I have "Show this number of days in my calendar as 7 " In Outlook Today under the Calendar column I have a multi-day event correct displayed under today. However, even though this multi-day event ends on Tuesday 6th Jan I cannot see any further listings for it in the Calendar Column. Should I not see it listed for Sunday and Monday and Tuesday as well? The second problem is I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th, 2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is now...

Date in cell
If I enter 5/13/04 in a cell, how do I get the spreadsheet to format the cell to read: Thursday, May 13 Example 2: 5/23/04 = Sunday, May 23 Thanks in advance, -- ~Jeff~ [Microsoft Windows XP Pro,Office 2000] Hi Try setting it to Custom and putting dddd, mmmm dd in the box. -- Andy. "~Jeff~" <~Jeff~@~nomail~.com> wrote in message news:urWb0$OOEHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I enter 5/13/04 in a cell, how do I get the spreadsheet to format the > cell to read: > > Thursday, May 13 > > Example 2: > > 5/23/04 = > > Sunday, May 23 &...

How do I save my Customized Outlook Today when it will not save b.
I am trying to set my Outlook Today to the Winter settings. I will go into Customize Outlook Today, make the changes I want, then I will click "Save Changes." What I want it displayed, untill I go to...say my inbox. When I go be to Outlook Today, it displayes the default settings again. How can I fix this? ...

the dates on cell format make different dates.
Please, I'm just getting farther from the answer and I have to be up for church soon. First question. I'm obtuse but when I type in a date, eg jan 1 05 and then format/cell/date I select a date format and it morphs in to a completely different date. 2nd question: to change case, use UPPER or LOWER function. But, how does that work to use the cell itself or a group of cells. If anyone can help, I'll owe you forever. carrie, washington state carrieaa@hotmail.com 1) What does the date morph into? 2) Take a look at David McRitchie's macros: http://www.mvps.org...

Outlook updates keep downloading
I have Office 2003 installed, but not Outlook. Windows update keeps downloading updates which I then have to uncheck for the updates. Outlook has never been installed on this machine. I do not use Outlook (personal preferences/ problems with previous versions) Any suggestions, short of ripping Office out of the machine? Thanks. And a search for outlook.exe reveals nothing? Let winupdate do its thing "pwm" <pwm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A41C7DB-EDE3-44C2-BBF1-9B2D930BCBE1@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2003 installed, but not Outlo...

today
Hi I was wondering if there's a way to add today's date statically (so it won't auto update) to a cell inside a formula. I would like the cell to enter today's date automatically when a value is placed in cell A:12, something like this; =IF(NOT(A12=0),TODAY()," ") This works except this will update the date each time I open the workbook and I don't want that. Thanks. You could change the formula to something like: =IF(A12=0,"",DATE(2007,11,15)) for today's date. I've made a few other changes - got rid of NOT and reversed the order, a...

Date calculation question
I have a submission date (reg date field) & an expected due date (using Workday to calculate 3 workdays from submission date, minus holidays). I would like to change the due date so if the document is submitted after 3:00pm, an extra day is added. How would I do this? Thanks, JoAnn If you include the time in the submission date, one way: A1: 27 February 2008 3:30 pm B1: =WORKDAY(A1,3+(MOD(A1,1)>15/24), holidays) assuming no holidays, this will return 4 March 2008 another, simpler, way: B1: =WORKDAY(A1+8.99999/24,3) In article <C26E5809-869A-4732-A977-CD...

Extra field in SAles Date Inquiry ZOom
Our company distributes products to customers. We fill orders in our warehouse and then send them to Customers. W track date fulfilled, actual Ship date but we would like to complete the process by tracking Delivered date (from our courier) Therefore we would like a field in the SAles Date Inquiry Zoom called Delivery DAte added so we can populate it and report on it through Smart list with the other dates. I guess that field has to really be somewhere else in trx mode so it shows up in the Inquiry field . thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micros...

Try these correction update
--mvxsnobkpyk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jdhrjsth"; type="multipart/alternative" --jdhrjsth Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oegztchemkqmuf" --oegztchemkqmuf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the ...

Find (Today-21) in a range of dates
I need to write a formula which will search a range of cells containing dates and if any of those is greater than todays date less 21 days, then return the text "not due". This is for a customer data base which has home page showing all customers, and subsequent pages for indvidual customers. As contact dates are added for each customer on their own sheets, then the home page should show if they are due (or overdue) for a call =IF(MAX(rng)>(TODAY()-21),"not due","due") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JG&quo...

Charting Dow vs. Portfolio with dates
Given three columns - the date, say 30 to 90 days, the Dow Average over the same time, and a portfolio value, how can they appear in a sensible fashion? The Dows is about 10,000 and the portfolio is over 1,000,000, and the dates are 7/1/04 etc. I get two very distinct lines for the first two and gibberish for the dates. How to Handle? Please comment. If you have a heading in the date column, delete it Select a cell in the table, and click the Chart Wizard button Create a line chart from the data Right-click on the portfolio line Choose Format Selected Series On the Axis tab, select Secon...

Outlook Today
I have duplicate "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" on my folder list. They seem to be exact duplications. When they are expanded they have the same subfolders and changes to one are reflected in the other. Is there some way to get rid of the duplicate folder? Also, below the second "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" is an additional folder called "Personal Folders" in the same vertical hierarchy as the two "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". When I click on the "Personal Folders" folder I get a message that says "! Unable ...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

Auto filling semi-monthly dates
How do I autofill semi-monthly dates into a column. (ie Jan 1 2000 thru Dec 2008) Thanks -- Lawdog If you want 1-Jan, 15-Jan,1-Feb, 15-Feb,... then enter this in A1 =1/1/2008 then this in A2 =IF(DAY(A1)=1,A1+14,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)) and copy down till you get 31-Dec "Lawdog" wrote: > How do I autofill semi-monthly dates into a column. (ie Jan 1 2000 thru Dec > 2008) > > Thanks > -- > Lawdog Thanks -- Lawdog "Sheeloo" wrote: > If you want 1-Jan, 15-Jan,1-Feb, 15-Feb,... > then enter this in A1 > =1/1/2008 > then this in A2...