To find the Last row

The following is the pattern of the data I have.
I need to know which is the last row which has the data

A1 - AAA
A2- BBB
A3 - <blank>
A4 - CCC
A5 - DDD
A6 - <Blank>
A7 - <Blank>
A8 - <Blank>
A9 - EEE.

In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row
which has the data.

Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not
serve my purpose.

Please help.

Thanks
Anand

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Anand,

Not sure of your question.  The last row is indeed given by =COUNTA(A),
presuming the first row is row 1, and there are no empty cells along the
way.  To refer to it in a formula, it's =OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-1,0,1,1).
Same rules.  To go there, you can select any cell in it, then press
Ctrl-Down.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"anandmr" <anandmr.uk79y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> The following is the pattern of the data I have.
> I need to know which is the last row which has the data
>
> A1 - AAA
> A2- BBB
> A3 - <blank>
> A4 - CCC
> A5 - DDD
> A6 - <Blank>
> A7 - <Blank>
> A8 - <Blank>
> A9 - EEE.
>
> In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row
> which has the data.
>
> Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not
> serve my purpose.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> Anand

nowhere8060 (363)
9/30/2003 1:06:57 PM
"anandmr" <anandmr.uk79y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> The following is the pattern of the data I have.
> I need to know which is the last row which has the data
>
> A1 - AAA
> A2- BBB
> A3 - <blank>
> A4 - CCC
> A5 - DDD
> A6 - <Blank>
> A7 - <Blank>
> A8 - <Blank>
> A9 - EEE.
>
> In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last
row
> which has the data.
>
> Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does
not
> serve my purpose.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> Anand

Hi Anand,

See my reply to your posting in the other forum:

http://www.excelforum.com/t120846-s

Thanks,

Alan.

0
alan4377 (173)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Check if a row is empty
I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? On Jun 17, 2:42=A0pm, sChapman <sumant...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty > when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a > function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? select * from tables where col1 is null and col2 is null and col3 is null..... so on Amish Shah http://shahamishm.blogspot.com Pe...

Fix the order of the last name and first name
How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the first name is second, separated by a comma. Hi! What order do you want them in? Biff >-----Original Message----- >How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the >first name is second, separated by a comma. >. > Hi try =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Zami wrote: > How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and > the first na...

Find (but not find)

Table Row Height and Column Width
Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher 2003? For instance, I want all the rows to be .25 inches high or 16 points high -- can I set this? No... You could create ruler guides. Right-click a ruler guide, click format ruler guides. You then can adjust your table rows by snapping to the guides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lori T" <Lori T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2631297F-839A-4699-B4F6-45601B771E1A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher > 2003...

Finding an event

cannot find database

looping through columns and rows
Hello, Can someone show me the code which would allow me to search through a number of rows and columns, to identify a criteria. Each time the criteria is found, 1 is added to a variable. When the variable reaches a set number, the search moves to a different column. This would allow me to allocate people to jobs according to their first, second, third choice etc, without resourcing too many people to a job. can you help? I have very little experience, but am usually able to see what is happening in the code and expend on it to take care of more elements. kind regards, Matt Check one...

Copying Formulas to rows
Hi All, I have created a book which has various formulas accross a row which are all worked out from figures in that row. But I cant figure how to make the whole sheet use these forumlas, i.e. when i start typing info on row 2 it uses the same formulas as on row 1. The only way I have worked out so far to do this is to copy and paste each row, but this is time consuming and im sure there must be a quicker way? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mdj101 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mdj101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

option to insert column and row breaks
There should have an option to insert column breaks for printing. For example, when printing a sheet with only one column, but with 200 rows, it could be automatically broken into 4 columns of 50 rows, all fitting in just one page, instead of 4. This would save paper and allow easy reading of this kind of sheets. The same logic could be applied to rows... Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Updating the row source of a combo
Hello, I have a form which contains a comboBox representative of one of my fields. The options available in this comboBox are dependant on the other feilds for the current row. Therefore I use Form_Current to update the row source for the combo. The problem is that this update seems to happen too late. As a result, I sometimes have nothing in my comboBox's text box, even when I know a value should exist there. If I click in the combo's text box the correct value will then appear. How might I solve this problem. Thanks, Aine. On 28 May 2007 07:00:45 -0700, aine_canby@yahoo.com wrote...

rotate rows and columns in a spreadsheet
Hey, I have a very large spreadsheet. I want to rotate all the data in it 90 degrees, as in, I want row 1 to become the 60th column, and row 2 to be the 59th column, etc... all the way to the last row becoming the first column... Is there an easy way to do this? Copy the range, pasespecial transpose values, then above the range put the numbers 1 to 60, then sort the whole table horizontally based on that first row. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <juicymixx@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:1119983594.460463.221120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Hey, > > I have...

Last cell in row range with a result
I need to see if anyone can tell me if it's possible to find the last cell in a range that has a result and not just a formulas. We have this file that has a row of formulas as each cell it a different day of the month. In another file I need to pull the current cell and at this time I have to change the cell reference. Please let me know, thanks if you have a row of data , say row 3, with no included blanks, then the last value in that row is: =INDEX($3:$3,COUNTA($3:$3)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 Gary''s Student wrote: > if you have a row of data , say ...

How do I stop last number from changing to a 0 in excel
I have a worksheet that has one column that has account numbers. If I enter 16 or more digits the last numbers change to a 0. I have set, cell format to numbers with no decimals. Try setting cell format to text before entering or use an apostrophe then enter the number HTH Regards, Howard "dan12" <dan12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:426335E4-F08B-4C23-B6E2-EB45F36101F5@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet that has one column that has account numbers. If I enter > 16 or more digits the last numbers change to a 0. I have set, cell format > to &...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...