ThisWorkbook.Path not working?

any ideas why when i call "thisworkbook.path" nothing is returned?
like it's null - not even being assigned...

thanks!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Has the workbook been saved?

--

Dave Peterson
0

VBA
Hi, In our VBA code we used Sheets("xxx") to refer to the data in the sheets in the workbook which has the code. This worked well even if we open several other workbooks thru that code. But suddenly, when we upgraded to Excel 2007, this code no longer worked. Then we refered using ThisWorkbook.sheets("xxxx"). Can anybody know why "ThisWorkbook" keyword is not required in Excel 2003 VBA to refer to the sheets in the same workbook, whereas it is required in Excel 2007 to refer to the sheets ? Thanks, Krishna If you use sheets("xxx") in ...

I don't understanding what makes this query work
I inherited a .mdb that has no documentation. One query contains a number of fields, one, "Last Name" is sorted in ascending order and has for criteria <"iq". I do not understand where 'iq' comes from. The query breaks a list of names into 2 parts, 11 names and another query that uses >"iq" produces the remaining 12 names. The purpose of the query is to print a specific report containing those names (and related data). The report for the 2 separate queries is different, hence the need to break it at that point. If I remove the criteria then the...

Public Sub in ThisWorkbook not found
I don't know what's going on, but I have created a public subroutine in my workbook, at the workbook level (not on a sheet) but none of my sheets can see the subroutine. I know this should be possible, I could swear I've done this for ages, but I cannot figure out what is going on here. The subroutine in ThisWorkbook is defined as: Public Sub ScoreSummary(rngTarget As Range) I try to call it from one of the worksheets with a simple call statement: Call ScoreSummary(Target) I type the name using lowercase in the worksheet, and Excel puts the proper capitalization in place, but I...

reference OLE object's .Picture file/path
I have several ole image controls in a worksheet im working on. I would like to know the syntax for referring to this object's associated Picture filename (if i load "thisimage.bmp" into the picture property, it works, but when i reference .Picture it displays a long integer value instead of the path/filename im looking for) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Hyperlinks not working in Outlook email
Hyperlinks in emails i create or receive do not work. when i click on the hyperlink, i get a "Save As" dialogue box with "Executable File" as the file type. How do a fix this so that when I click on the hyperlink, I go to the internet web site? Thanks! "Jerry" <jlexky@yahoo.com> wrote, Hi Jerry, please read this one here, http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Access 2007: Buttons will not work
Hi, I have two database systems on our genealogy computer. One of the databases is user protected and the other one is not. (I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem.) The system that is protected all of a sudden does not process the buttons when clicked. Nothing happens. The other system buttons work just fine. Any idea what could be wrong with the system that does not work? Thanks for any help you can give. Sherry On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:13:04 -0800, SherryScrapDog <SherryScrapDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Make sure that system has Service Pack 1 ...

ThisWorkbook module
Hi, Please help me to understand if it says "Put this code in the ThisWorkbook module. Where is the ThisWorkbook module, or how make it? Thank you in advance Sahak If you go to the VB Editor (ALT+F11), you'll normally see the screen divided into 3 panes. The one on the upper left is the Project pane. In it you'll see a tree-view of the open workbooks. Expand the section for your workbook. Under Excel Objects there will be a module named ThisWorkbook. Double click on it to display its code in the large code pane on the right. Paste the code there. On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:41...

seperate private and work contacts during sync
I am running XP Pro and have Office 2007 at work. I have all of my personal and work contacts in my "windows mobile smart phone". I sync my phone to work PC and don't really want my personal contacts on my work PC. I there a way to categorize and separate my contacts so that only work related contacts are sync'd at work? Then, once I get my Outlook working at home, I want ALL of my contacts to sync to that PC. Hope there is a way to accomplish this. TIA!!! -- Dennis "D. Hudson" <dhud64@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OIRY7nG1JHA.4416@TK2MSFTNG...

OWA not working on Second Backend server
Hello all! I have a 2003 front-end/back-end topology. I just added a second back-end server. It can send/receive emails fine via MAPI client. The problem is that OWA will not work for any users having their mailbox on the new server. I get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" after I type username/password. I have done what MS Article 823159 recommends, and still a problem. Any account in the existing backend server is fine via OWA. The Redirector page in front-end server is https//webmail.domainname.org/exchange Anything I'm missing on the new server??? Plea...

Outlook client not working in offline mode
Hi I have installed the outlook client for MSCRM on my LapTop(notebook) . It works fine when I am connected to the server but fails to display the forms when I disconnect my LapTop from the LAN connection. I am able to successfully switch to the offline mode but when I restart the MS Outlook client in offline mode (MSCRM and Exchange server not available) The MSCRM form are not shown through the outlook client and "Page not found" error is displayed. What can be the possible reason? Regards Pritpal Singh ...

Out-Of-Office Assistant Working Randomly
A user in another city from my own has setup an Out-Of- Office Assistant reply. I sent her a test email and received a response back. I then sent 6 more tests and received no responses back. I then went to an outside email account and sent a message and did not receive a reply. I had a couple of other users send a message to this person and they received a reply only the first time and not thereafter. Any ideas what may be causing the problem? We are using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 1) If this isn't your own Exchange server & your own mailbox trying to send OOO replie...

Insert File Source Path in Workbook
In excel 2000 are you able to insert the files path on at the base of the workbook as say a footer? Not just the filename - the whole path eg: h:\mydocuments\excel\book1.xls Hi Carl, Not part of Excel 2000, though it was added in Excel 2002. For versions prior to Excel 2002 you need a macro. An example of a macro for Excel 2000 can be seen in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm look for "Workbook_BeforePrint" within a box. === HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ex...

Favorites not working
I have checked all other questions re favorites but i cant find my particular problem so here goes :- I am using Vista with IE8, yesterday my favorites stopped working. The favorites are listed but they have a default plain icon and when i click on any of them sometimes nothing happens and sometimes i get a box asking do i want to open or save. if i click open then nothing happens. I have uninstalled IE8 and went back to IE7 but i still have the same problem. I reinstalled IE8 but still no joy. (and yes i have rebooted machine after every change). I exported my favorites to a file...

Problem with ThisWorkBook.Saved
Hi i have the following code on a worksheet: Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim OldSaved As Boolean OldSaved = ThisWorkbook.Saved rem code here to fill a listbox ThisWorkbook.Saved = OldSaved End Sub Which should stop the workbook requiring a save each time the worksheet is activated, but it doesn't seem to work. If i save the workbook, deactivate & reactivate the worksheet then try & close the workbook i get asked if i want to save my changes. If i check the value of ThisWorkbook.Saved before closing it shows as True. Excel 2000 There is no other code in the workbook...

Other functions don't work now. Help
Arvi; I tried what you have below and now I am getting a "#VALUE" in colums A & B. Steve > "Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message > news:uBPRixxsDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > > > > > > =IF(OR(G1="",ISERROR(SEARCH("risking",$G1))),"",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("risking > > ",$G1)+8,SEARCH("to win",$G1)-SEARCH("risking",$G1)-8))) > > =VALUE(LEFT(K1,FIND(" ",K1))) > > =IF(G1="","",VALUE(MID(G1,SEARCH("...

visio 2003 + file path in footer
Is it possible for me to insert file path, date and time in the footer for a visio 2003 file? Thanks Basic question: Is your drawing the same size as the printed page? If so, you do not need to use H&Fs. H&Fs were added to Visio to address the specific problem of numbering pages when a Visio drawing spanned multiple printed pages. What you can place in H&Fs is quite limited as to what they can obtain. Background pages are far more versatile and can contain a variety of dates and times, document information and page information. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or idea...

How does the TRANSPOSE command work?
For the life of me, i can't figure it out. I've tried highlighting, not highlighting, i'm just stupid. if a1:c1 = 1,2,3 and i want a2, a3, a4 = 1, 2, 3, step by step (including highlighting because I can't get it to work), how would you use the transpose command? I know...SIMPLE question, but I can't get it to work for the life of me!!! Hi AJ easiest option highlight A1:C1 copy click on A2 choose edit / paste special tick the transpose box press OK if you REALLY want to use the transpose function (and this is one of the first things i learnt from this ng!) then c...

ThisWorkbook.Path not working?
any ideas why when i call "thisworkbook.path" nothing is returned? like it's null - not even being assigned... thanks! Has the workbook been saved? roadie.girl@gmail.com wrote: > > any ideas why when i call "thisworkbook.path" nothing is returned? > like it's null - not even being assigned... > > thanks! -- Dave Peterson ...

Citibank Not working
When I try and add account on MoneyCentral I get: Add Accounts Technical problems prevented us from adding your accounts at this time. Please try again later. This is going on for a week now. ...

Create rule only works once
In outlook 2003, some email I want gets automatically place in the deleted file. I create a rule for the sender to place it in the inbox. The next time the mail goes to the inbox, but then it reverts to the deleted file and I have to repeat the create rule. This goes on and on. Is there a way to make create a rule permanent? ...

InterruptMask...how it works ?
Hello, I'm working with Windows CE 5.0 and I have the following problem. Inside a touch driver, I call InterruptMask(TRUE) to mask the touch IRQ in some conditions. If I touch on the screen when the IRQ is masked all works fine (the touch doesn't responding) but when I call InterruptMask(FALSE) to unmask the touch IRQ, all the IRQ generated previously are sent. Why ?? Does the InterruptMask work fine ?? Thanks, Paolo paolo patierno wrote: > Hello, > I'm working with Windows CE 5.0 and I have the following problem. > Inside a touch driver, I call Interru...

Between Dates Not Working Properly
Hi, Can anyone advise why this statement does not pick up todays date? Between Date()-1 And Date() The above statement will select everything for the 27th, but not the 28th.. Any help is always greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT. >>The above statement will select everything for the 27th, but not the 28th.. Where are you, my calendar says it is the 27th so it will not pull records for the 28th. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "GLT" wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone advise why this statement does not pick up todays date? > > Between Date()-1 And...

Saving to a UNC path in excel 2003
When trying to save to a network drive, I am getting an error saying the drive is read only when it is not. I have looked on knowledge base and have found I need a hotfix but I can not see where to download it from. I would be greatful for any help. Many Thanks Jason Dumenil Usually those KB articles that say there's a hotfix available, has a way to contact MS directly mentioned in the KB. Jason Dumenil wrote: > > When trying to save to a network drive, I am getting an > error saying the drive is read only when it is not. I > have looked on knowledge base and have f...

connector problem: wrong path
hello to everyone, this is my first post in the group. i have a problem when attaching two shapes (routers in this case) with a simple connector, that i want to be straight. the problem is that in my project every new connector i draw has this problem: it doesnt terminate where i want, and i have to move the control points if i want to show the real path. when i click the right button and select "straight connector", nothing happens... see the link for screenshots: http://www.thepillowfactory.it/listing/varie/Untitled-1.jpg i really can't figure out the solution, please help! ...

Formula to work out someones age
I am putting together a database using excel and wish to enter a persons date of birth as a column and then have excel work out the persons age in the next column. Can anyone tell me the formula I should be using to do this? I'm using excel 97 on windows 95 Regards Mike music.bus@virgin.net --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 01/09/03 one way: =DATEDIF(A1, TODAY(),"y") where A1 contains the birthdate In article <HcI7b.277$eW.304297@newsfep...