The memory could not be read

After I open Excel and then attempt to open a document, I receive the error
"The instruction at "0x302a4515" referenced memory at 0x02cb017f".  The
memory could not be "read".    Thanks for your help!
0
Reezie (1)
4/6/2006 4:58:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There has been an error reading or writing the file
I am using Money 2005 and when I try and create a report for Account Transactions I get the error message mentioned above. MS article 281865 confirms this problem and asks that the report be customized. My problem is that Money shuts down without giving me a chance to customize the report. Please help ...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

Disabling read receipts to the Internet
Hi, I would like to know if I can block the read receipts sent from my organization to the Internet. I'm using Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2000. Connecting to the Internet, I've a W2K based SMTP gateway. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Please take a moment to Read
Hi all, i dont know what those guys who post scams, spams, advertisments, porno sites, and sites with dead people, think these groups are. but wait a minute, those groups are for "computer science" use here are some very serious respectful professionals, students, users..... it is not a gossip site, neither a place to post bullsh**. so please act as adults and stop this behavior, if you want to advertise, there are plenty of sites you may use, or even you can open a group of your own, or maybe you are so incapable of doing a job by your own, so you go to the ready 'bread' pl...

reading between the lines?
I regularly plot x-y graphs of a spring's force vs height. Height is X; force is Y. This data is acquired somewhat arbitrarily--I never really know what exact x values will end up in my table. So when I want to compare two springs at any specific height, I have to either guesstimate based on the chart or find values that match close enough. I have also written specific FORECAST functions to find the comparison points between two real data points. But geez that takes too long! How can I take multiple x-y tables with any ol' values in x, and (what's the word?) normalize...

Newsgroup Message Read/Unread Issue
I using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 64-bit. For some reason, even though I mark a newsgroup post, reply or even a thread as read, the next time that I open WLM, many, not all of the posts are shown as unread. For instance, in this newsgroup, the task bar currently shows a total of 616 messages, 135 unread, and 4,542 not downloaded. Less than 30 minutes ago, I marked all of my downloaded messages read, not 135 show up as unread. Something isn't right. I mark messages as read a couple of ways. 1. Messages are automatically marked as read 3 seconds after I view them. ...

Web Client marking messages read
Need help with Blackberry web client marking messages read when it copies messages from Web mail. I just brought up about 15 blackberry 7230s using T-Mobile as a carrier. We are using Exchange 5.5 and have web mail setup. I am getting the mail messages to go to blackberry devices, but the messages are being marked as read in Exchange/Outlook. Basically, when the users are sitting at their desks their messages are being marked as read even though they haven't read the messages. I saw some kind of fix for Exchange 2000, does anyone know if there is anything I can do other than...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

Cannot update. Database or object is read-only
I'm lost with this one. I have a form that opens with the results of a select query between two tables. Actually a sub-query - but that is not the problem, that works fine. The object of the form is for the user to select records from the query that need to be elevated to another team of users to take action on. The form was working, but now I am getting the above error message when I select the "Submit" button on the form. Here is the code: Private Sub SubmitCMRequest_Click() If Len([EntryDatetxt] & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "You must select a Date...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

test post do not read #2
test psst. I read it. Paul B wrote: > > test -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com I didn't -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscape.com> wrote in message news:418979BC.2DF52A69@netscape.com... > psst. I read it. > > Paul B wrote: > > > > test > > -- > > Dave Peterson > ec35720@netscape.com ...

Is this a memory leak?
Hi, I am trying to figure out why a program keep consuming more memory the longer that it runs. I tried detecting a memory leak using the CMemoryState object. I find that the program is using more memory after executing this line: PullComma(sData); The source for PullComma is: //======================================================================= void PullComma(CString& string) // Remove comma from start of string //======================================================================= { Strip(string); if (string.IsEmpty()) return; if (string.GetAt(0) == ',') string =...

Read Receipts #5
Does anyone know how Read Receipts get sent to email originators even though their read receipt service is NOT activated? Even more interesting is that the read receipts are ONLY generated when one particular individual reads their emails, even though the email is sent to a distribution list. For example, email is sent to a distribution list that contains over 12 email addresses. When the email is read by this particular person in the distribution list, the originator receives a receipt, but only for that particular person. No other read receipts is generated from the other mem...

Reading in a file
I'd like to slurp in a file by: 1. Obtain the filesize 2. Allocate a buffer via malloc (this is vanilla C) 3. Read the file into the newly allocated space. Here's what I did (error checking suppressed): size_t getFileSize( char *filename ) { int fd = open(filename, O_RDONLY)) == -1) struct stat fstat; stat(filename, &fstat); close(fd); return fstat.st_size; } // Get the file length xmlfile->length = getFileSize("test.xml"); // Allocate the space (+1 for a \0 at the end. see below.) xmlfile->data =...

CPU usage, memory and virtual memory
Hello, On certain occasions, some applications can consume close to 100% cpu usage and freeze up the machine. But some apps can consume 100% cpu, but allow you to work on other applciations. What is the difference? Is it the memory and virtual memory consumption? Number ofpage faults? I am working on a multithreaded MFC application, which freezes up the machine (when it does some computations). A look at the task manager tells me it consumes 99% cpu and a lot of memory and virtual memory space. I would like to make sure that when my applciation computes, it does it as fast as possible and it...

read XML and add to it with XMLTextReader / XMLTextWriter
I'm having quite a problem here, I need to take an XML file, read it and write it out using XMLTextWriter to a differet file as it reads. After it's done reading, it will add some stuff to the end. I want to use xmltextreader/xmltextwriter because it's better with memory than XMLDocument. here's what I have, maybe someone out there will help me out: //copy source to a temp spot. File.Copy("old.txt", "tmp.txt", true); XmlTextReader xds = new XmlTextReader("tmp.txt"); //actual XML File setup... xmlwrite = new XmlTextWriter(&qu...

CWinThread and Memory Leaks.
I want to have a simple progress bar displayed whilst my MFC application is doing a lengthy operation. To do this, I am creating a user interface thread which displays a dialog containing a progress bar control. This is implemented using two classes: class CProgressDlg : public CDialog class CProgressThread : public CWinThread The CProgressThread class has a member variable: CProgressDlg m_Dlg; At the start of the lengthy operation I create a new instance of CProgressThread, and set the m_bAutoDelete member TRUE before calling CProgressThread::CreateThread(); In CProgressThread::InitInst...

Command button reading a cell
Hello, I have a command button that will populate in the worksheet call "Data" in column A2 and up to 30 or more rows depending upon the workbook "Dept_Sch001 second row will be "Dept_Sch002 and so on.. I like to prevent the user to press the command button a second time. What I want to have is if column A2 already contains the prefix "Dept_" an error message will appear saying column A2 already have the prefix "Dept_". and stop. I just want to prevent the user pressing the command button a second time and not have my coding populating A2 and ...

Accessing physical memory through PC/104 bus
Hello all. We need to access (read/write) memory on devices (cards) attached to PC/104 bus. Operating system: Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Target processor: Advantech PCM-3375 (x86 architecture) http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-3375/mod_1-2JKGWQ.aspx We were using operating system QNX 4.25 before, now we plan to migrate our code to WinCE6. Under QNX, we were accessing the memory using block of code similar to this one: { int addr =3D 0xd9080; // physical address on card unsigned long size =3D 0x1000; // size of block to access unsigned char...

i cannot clear"read only" from CD-RW disc
I am using Excel on Windows XP Home Edition, putting info onto a CD-RW Disc. I have been able add info up till now, but now for whatever reason it wll not save new info. I get a "read only" message. I have tried to clear the "read only" status through File, Properties, General and Clear but it will not hold Luigi wrote: > I am using Excel on Windows XP Home Edition, putting info onto a CD-RW Disc. > I have been able add info up till now, but now for whatever reason it wll not > save new info. I get a "read only" message. I have tried to clear the &q...

File read/write
How can I read bytes of dll? Code for reading dll bytes should be located in the dll (dll that would be read). How can I get dll (path) location? I've posted this question here yesterday, but today I can't find it. Thank you. You can use GetModuleFileNameEx to get its path. Reading it is just like reading any binary files. Open it as read only binary file. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:OcAfe731DHA.2888@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... | | How can I read bytes of dll? Code for reading dll bytes should ...

Memory leak?
Hello Group, How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my dialog based app? Thanks in advance, Geo Hi > > How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my > dialog based app? > > Thanks in advance, > Geo you can use CMemoryState MFC class. Regards, Robert Thank you Robert. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >> >> How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my >> dialog based app? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> Geo > >you can use CMemoryState MFC class. > >Regards, Robert > > >....