Thanks heaps for that macro Ken Wright .
I have run it and it works.
However it loops forever. Can I set it up so that it could save dat
from a certain number of iterations?

Thanks again Michae

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Michael,
If you stayed within your thread and did not change the subject
Ken would see your reply as a reply to his reply and would see
it a lot faster than when you start a new thread.  Ken would
probably see your post highlighted in RED.   Also someone other
than Ken might have been able to help you.  (not me I avoid
anything that hints of circular references).
---
HTH,

"Michaelhahn >" <<Michaelhahn.171r25@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote ...
> Thanks heaps for that macro Ken Wright .
> I have run it and it works.
> However it loops forever. Can I set it up so that it could save data
> from a certain number of iterations?
>
> Thanks again Michael
>

> ---

dmcritchie (2585)

Combining CImages into one big one?
Hi everyone, I've got a program that draws a map in the client window. The map is stored in 20 bmp files, so I've been loading it into 20 separate CImage objects in the view class constructor, and blitting all 20 of them in the OnPaint function (with appropriate offsets). This works, but it feels wrong and very inefficient. What I'd like to do is to load the 20 images and then create one big CImage from them that would hold the entire map. Could any of you point me to a discussion of how to do this? I'd prefer something fairly basic, as I'm only getting back to progra...

Newsgroup question
Hi Can you please let me know if I am able to view this newsgroup via RSS? and if so, please can you let me know what the link is. Thank you. Since it propagates as Usenet news, readable with a newsreader, RSS would seem duplicative. "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:uqB2cllXKHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can you please let me know if I am able to view this newsgroup via RSS? > and if so, please can you let me know what the link is. I'm no quite sure what you mean. Can I use RSS? I'm using Mail and it has RSS feed and I would lik...

how do I get access privileges in a publisher file. I can't save .
I made a publisher file in Office xp. Now I have office 2003 and when I try to save my own publisher file, it says: the file%s cannot be opened. Access privileges have not been given. What is that? And how do I solve that? You receive a "File is not available" error message when you try to open an Office 2003 document http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835404 You receive an error message when you try to create a new document in Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820531 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

One to Many Relationship
Here's my issue, I have 2 tables: 1st one (Cash) has 3 fields: ID, Date, Deposit. The second one (Debit) has 6 fields: ID, Deposit ID, Payor, Description, Acct to Debit, Debit. I have a one to many relationship between the two tables, with the primary key on (Cash) table being the ID field and a foriegn key on the (Debit) table being Deposit ID. however when I run the query the amount i specified for Deposit shows up for each record in the (Debit) table. What I want it to do is just show up once, because when I pull a report on the data and sum the fields the Deposit a...

Userform data
I have three userforms, each of them getting their data from three different worksheets. Most of the work I do is in a fourth worksheet where the three userforms should pop up. To load each of these userforms, I used : UserForm1.ListBox1.RowSource = "b7:b" & items_quantity Obviously, this works as long as the active worksheet is that where the data is located. Is there any way of collecting this data referencing the worksheet where it is located ( ie UserForm1.ListBox1.RowSource = sheet1.range("b7:b" & items_quantity)). I tried that but it doesn't work. ...

Add-in must be 'run' one time to stick? How to auto invoke?
Thanks to Dave Peterson's recent sample and tips to get started I have gotten past the notion of a script-holding template file and gotten all the functionality I need into a .xla addin menu The functions in the addin are made available thru a toolbar menu created like... Set cbcCutomMenu = _ cbMainMenuBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, _ Before:=iHelpMenu) '(5)Give the control a caption cbcCutomMenu.Caption = "M&y Menu" .... and added by these subs in the 'View Code' thingy: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Run "...

Send only one sheet as attachment
How do you send only one worksheet from a workbook as an e-mail attachment in Excel 2000? Hi, See: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm - selection http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail-addin.htm "sthomas" wrote: > How do you send only one worksheet from a workbook as an e-mail attachment in > Excel 2000? ...

2 line one bar graph
I need to create graph which has min and max target and actual data each month I would like to show each target as a line and actual as bar I can get 2 bar and one line but not other way roun thank tina Hi have a look at the following sites for creating lines in your chart: http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#AddLine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "tina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8BF1B9D7-6207-48BD-...

The query could not be processed: Error opening data file
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks Trying other...

rks Data Validation
Hi I am entered 4 digit number in cell A2. i wnts when i entered number in cell a2 its asked the number which catageory like abc, if a then show number*, if b thn number show in cell number** otherwise normal number which i type. witout selection cant go other cell. how is possible, pls help me RKS I bet you could do something like this, but I wouldn't. Instead, I'd use multiple columns. The 4 digit number goes into column A (say A2), the category goes into column B (B2) and the results (or warning message) goes into column C (C2). The formula in C2 would be: =IF...

Exchange 2003 OWA, SSL, Certificate, Should Be an Easy One for Guru's
Consider my mail server with a (fake) FQDN of mail.contoso.com and an MX record for webmail.contoso.com. With a certificate that was issued from its own CA in the name of mail.contoso.com. A client on the internet could access it by typing https://webmail.contoso.com\exchange At that point, the client could view and install the certificate, which reported to the client a valid name, date, but not from a Trusted Authority (as one would expect, since it was issued by the server, I assume) and then successfully login and use OWA. So I assume our firewall and mail gateway are working fine....

Thanks Microsoft
I used the MSMoney -> Quicken converter facility in Quicken 2010 to import many years of data. The converter did an excellent job. There were a few mistakes, but I was able to correct these. Recent posts to this news group indicate that Intuit will update the converter facility in November, addressing all of the mistakes that I found. As far as I can tell, my financial data is in good shape, and I have no need to re-do the conversion process in November. My own reading indicates that Microsoft and Intuit cooperated in order to make the conversion software successful. I am disappointed tha...

Message Headers question
How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not. At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the message. Thanks, John Upgrade to the newer beta: http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/ Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "John Smith" wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... How can I make the message headers display more prominent so tha...

How to one cells variables as a serie to a column
I cant find the way out. I have a daily variable data in a single cell (say in A1) ant I want to form a serie with using daily values of that cell. (Variable) Date Value 21.12.2006 400 (Series) 01.12.2006 300 02.12.2006 350 .... .... 20.12.2006 420 21.12.2006 400 "noyau" wrote > That is first step. Thnx a lot. You're welcome. Glad it helped. > Now the point is to do the same thing for a > daily variable next to the date. > The problem is that the second variable is > not increasing or decreasing. > Still working but no result. ...

Macro needed, Two saves in One
Hi, I need some help. I have a Visio page open and I have saved it once already as a VSD file. So it already has a filename with a aVSD extension. So I'd like to be able to click a macro button that does this Application.ActiveDocument.Save then this Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Export "C:\Documents and Settings\Visio Stuff\PNG\SameFileNameAsVisioFileName.png" i.e. Export the file (keeping the same filename as the VSD name) but as a PNG in my PNG subfolder . Any help appreciated. (Should I move this to a VBA newsgroup ?) Jojo On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:46:58 +...

A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid reference
I continue to have this error come up when ever Excel recalcs and I can't figure out where it is coming from. What kind of errors would be causing this and where should I start looking. My spreadsheet is retrieving pricing data from an Access table based on a query that only imports the data for a chosen strategy code, importing this data into a defined area 11 columns wide by 5000 rows high. It does this by macro. The data never fills the entire 5000 rows, but it is variable length depending on the chosen strategy code. Excel is then set up to do calculations on the...

Need to Sum one column for each row that is part of a group and then filter out dups
I have around 53,000 rows of data with columns A-I. The first five rows for example have data for a particular student... STUDENT A. Rows 6 through 15 have data about another student... STUDENT B, and so forth. Each column per student has the same data in it with the exception of the last column, column I. Column I has the students GPA (Grade Point Averages) in it per row. So, for example, STUDENT A might have a GPA in row 1 of 4.0, a GPA in row 2 of 2.5, a GPA in row 3 of 4.0, a GPA in row 4 of 3.0, and a GPA in row 5 of 4.0. Since all data in the rows for each person has the same...

Save all attatchments in unread messages in one easy step?
Hello, I use Outlook 2003 at work for my email. Everyday I receive about 50 or so messages that contain .pdf attachments. All the messages come from the same group of people. Anyways I must save and rename all of these these .pdf's every day. As you can imagine it becomes time consuming. Does anyone know if there is a way to just save all the attachments in unread messages to a specific folder outside of Outlook? Currently I have 64 unread messages in my inbox. Each message has a ..pdf attatchment that I right click>save as..... I was looking for an easier way to move a...

thank!
Thank you very mauch! ...

how to remove re-conciled transactions
can someone show me how to remove old transactions... thanks File|Archive. But before you do this, please learn what this really does, what it doesn't do, and what its side-effects and long-term consequences are. See the unofficial FAQ at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney, read online help, search the MSKB, and search this newsgroup at http://groups.google.com for this information. Many of us do not Archive and recommend others do not do it. "marshall womack" <natmirac@att.net> wrote in message news:14e2c01c3fa25$f78ddfb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > can someone s...

How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a file?
Hello How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a file as Word saves when I save the file? Hi ou may try Jan Karel's addin. http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dmitriy Kopnichev wrote: > Hello > How to make Excel 2002 sp3 save a backup copy (previous state) of a > file as Word saves when I save the file? Thanks! "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:%23OwZeY5gEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi >...

Axis Numbering Question
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. Let's say I have a chart with vertical axis tick marks every 10 units. However, my grid lines are every 20 Units, and the number for the units appears next to the grid lines. So, again, my numbers read 0, 20, 40, 60, etc, with grid lines at these numbers. For the tick marks at 10, 30, 50, etc., any way to also get actual numbers to appear next to them (without changing the grid line spacing) ? Thanks, Bob In your example: the major unit are 20 (0, 20, 40, 60,) while the minor unit is 10 It is possible to have both major...

Listbox Question
I have userform4 where I have put a command button and listbox on it, this is connected to a sheet called Hidden. I want to allow the user to select the text in the userbox and click on the command button to delete that certain entry on the worksheet. Is this possible, How to I acheive this to happen. Thanks in advance Greg ...

Problems saving to network drive (Airport Extreme)
Got one of the new airport extreme base stations so I could attach an external drive and share it across multiple computers on the same LAN. However, I have discovered a problem. Any time I try to save a file directly to the drive, I get an error message that it cannot access the file. The only way I can get it on the drive is to save it to the computer, then drag it to the shared drive. I'd rather not do that. I have already tried every variation of security protocols for the shared drive (login with special drive password, login with computer password, or login with username and pas...

How to use out of bound data?
I used CAsyncSocket to send out of bound data. But the data only can be received by original data method. Has any one used this class to send and receive out of bound data? That's out of BAND data. Out of bound data means you have a memory overwrite. According to the documentation, this should be received by the OnOutOfBandData handler. joe On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:14:28 +0800, "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> wrote: >I used CAsyncSocket to send out of bound data. But the data only can be >received by original data method. Has any one used this class to send and &g...