Text Only for Macros in Excel 2007?

Hello,
I'm using the Office 2007 Beta and haven't been able to rename macros I've
created and added to the ribbon. Even though I type the name I want, it only
shows the symbol until you mouse over it, then it shows up with the correct
name as a tool tip. I can't find the option to have it display "text only"
instead of symbols. Does anyone know where this is?
Thanks

Jim

0
jim5337 (13)
8/8/2006 6:05:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

TEXT = text

color fill in excell
Using Office XP any cell with text or number will not print the color fill, only blank cells will print the color fill. It shows up ok in the print preview but does not print correctly. Can anyone help ...

Adding rows using macro
This is my first macro! (Excel 97 running under Windows 2000.) I have a form that I want to add rows (one row at a time) after the current row. The form allows businesses to send in changes to their products. They may have 1 or 100 products that need to be updated. We want the form to initially have one row for them to enter their information. If they have another product, then we want a row to be added automatically after the current row. It looks like this: A B C D E 1 Product Name Size Quantity Curr. Price New Price 2 Popso 1L 5 cases $20.00 $25.00 Since Exce...

Opening Excel File
Please Help I have Excel XP and I cant open another Excel file from Explorer or from an attachment in an email if I already have an excel file open. If i click on an excel file in explorer to open it it justs brings my previously opended excel file to the foreground. It doent open the new one at all. I have to go into the open excel sheet and choose open and browse for the file to open it which obviously causes a problem If I want to open an excel attachment. Any ideas. Cheers Paul Try to Re-register Excel. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space be...

Selecting text in a document

To Norman or Alan Macro About Macros protected Sheets
Hi, Paul again, Sorry but I have a last question. When I type at the end of the Macro code: Sheets("Critical Path"),protect("My Password") What else do I need to type to enable the Auto filter & the Data Sort Thanks Paul. Your post is separated from the original thread. Are you using xl2002+? If yes, I got this line when I recorded a macro protecting a sheet, but allowing autofilter and sort: ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, _ Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _ AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True So... worksheets("cri...

How do I set up an Excel Spreadsheet to record qualitative and qu.
Hi you may post your question as body of your posting and not as subject -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF2506C9-BE0E-473D-A55F-09E0C6F3FE83@microsoft.com... > ...

CScrollView and text height

filtering results in excel
Hello to all you experts, i want to be able to filter a large amount of data to a single row that i can then use in other areas. data consists of about 85 columns and 15000 rows of data, much of which is very similar. 1st filter would have about 15 unique names, each of which then limits the rows to several hundred 2nd filter will then limit the range to about 100 rows 3rd filter approx 20 rows 4th filter 2 rows 5th filter exact range required. Autofilter is the perfect option but, it does not allow me to define the row and then select the data, i.e. any of the 15000 rows could b...

formula in pivot excel 2007
It used to be possible to enter a formula within a pivot table so it would update if the pivot table was changed. E.g. one column divided by another and the formula would be avaiable even for extra lines if another variable was used. Is this still avaiable in new excel, and if so, where? In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- PivotTable Tools Options Tools group Formulas Calculated Field The Insert Calculated Field pane should launch. In here you are able to set up to divide one column by another. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks....

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

"Can't find macro" error
I have a simple macro that executes the following: Sub SAVE_Quit() ActiveWorkbook.Save Application.Quit End Sub I assigned it to a toolbar button called "Save List". Whenever I try to run the macro from the toolbar, I get the "can't find macro error". But I can successfully run the macro from the Tools > Macro > Macros list. The sheet is protected but I still get the error when I unprotect it. The macro is stored in Module 1. I tried moving it to This Workbook or Sheet 1 (in case it was stored in the wrong place) but got the same error. What am I ...

Excel web auto-refresh
Anyone know how I can update data from web once per second instead of once per minute? Many thanks tp You must have a REALLY fast connection. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "teepee" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:49009ea5@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Anyone know how I can update data from web once per second instead of once > per minute? > > Many thanks > > tp > "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote > You must have a REALLY fast connection. I do. What I ne...

how to delete an excel file? how to e-mail a worksheet?
I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file and the file name.I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. "mailman" <mailman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86814A5C-48B9-48D1-8082-8A15479B4000@microsoft.com > I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file > and the file name. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder the file is in, highlight the file, press delete. > I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. Two options:- With the file open, go to Edit-Send to or, in yo...

Re: Using Text Styles

Integration assistant for excel #3
I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in okay for the header query. Is there a step that I am missing? Thanks, Laura Laura: Here is KB solution you need to review: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786 You need to get the list of key fields right. "LauraS" wrote: > I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query > information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in > ...

Event macro for a task
Whenever I open that workbook ,datavalues of sheet 2, F2:G6 be populated in msg.box once only and after acknowledging with ok button macro should end. Hi Tungana, try this pasted into ThisWorkbook code module... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim rngInfo As Variant Dim stInfo As String Dim I As Byte Dim J As Byte rngInfo = Sheet2.Range("F2:G6") For I = 1 To 5 For J = 1 To 2 stInfo = stInfo & rngInfo(I, J) & IIf(J = 1, ", ", "") Next J If I <> 5 Then Let stInfo = stInfo & Chr(10) Next I MsgBox Prompt:=stInfo, Title:="Values in Sheet2 F2:G6&qu...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....