Text Only for Macros in Excel 2007?

Hello,
I'm using the Office 2007 Beta and haven't been able to rename macros I've
created and added to the ribbon. Even though I type the name I want, it only
shows the symbol until you mouse over it, then it shows up with the correct
name as a tool tip. I can't find the option to have it display "text only"
instead of symbols. Does anyone know where this is?
Thanks

Jim

0
jim5337 (13)
8/8/2006 6:05:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

outlook 2007 runs slow

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Opening a new instance of Excel

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Excel Crash

Wrapping clipart around text
When i word i can wrap my text around my pictures is there any way of doing the same in Publisher 2000. -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie On the toolbar there is a hand holding a script. This is the wrap tool. Select the object, select the tool. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shazza" <shazzalowe@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:474A689F-DC18-4545-A73B-1E2CDDB34633@microsoft.com... > When i word i can wrap my text around my pictures is there any way of d...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

macros disabled
I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? Thanks, Scott I've got it. It was due to the "Missing" references. Mr. Chip Pearson helped identify the problem. "Scott" wrote: > I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it > says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? > > Thanks, > Scott Just as with 2003 you need to enable macros. But, unless the VBIDE is open, you don&#...

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption #2

Convert Date to Text
I want to use a date field to produce an invoice number. Can anyone tell me how to enter a date in a date formatted field e.g. 31/12/06 and have "061231" appear in another cell, but formatted as text? (It needs to be text because my next stage will be to add the first three characters of the company name [concatenate], which I'm OK with. Thanks Jeff Jeff, try this: ="ABC"&TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") where your date is in cell A1 and your company initials are ABC - you could get these from another cell, eg B1, so the formula becomes: =B1&TEXT(A1,&qu...

Macro Help #11
Hello, Need help with a Macro. I have a work book with multiple sheets. I need to make a master sheet from all the others, that will combine all the data. The first column of all the sheets contains the product model number and how all will be organized. Also if possible, when master sheet is made, can the information be assorted ascending and also if duplicate data can be removed. Thanks for any help, JR ...