Text file to Google Base

Google requires that files bulk-oploaded to Google Base are formatted as
either .txt or .xml. I have tried the first but so far with no success.

One issue that might tease me is that Google require the file to be in
Latin1 or UTF-8 coding. But how do I achieve this? As far as I can see
this is not controllable when choosing a "Save as" "Text (tab delimited)
(*.txt)" and in XP's regional settings there is no Latin1 or UTF-8.

The error message I get from Google is not very helpful, it only says
that I must choose the right format.

I have tried to download a Google example txt-file, but when I open it
in Excel I am unable to get the characters to be presented correct. When
opening the same file using a browser the characters displays correctly.

Mogens
0
mail1633 (9)
8/26/2006 9:50:18 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How do I make a PowerPoint presentation on the fly using Excel files?
I have several Excel tables nicely formatted with updated data coming from a DB and I want to make some slides on the fly. I just found a shareware Excel add-on, XPPort that makes this kind of job. Are they any other kind of tool that allows an easy and quick generation of a nicely formatted PowerPoint presentation? Many thanks for any helps you can give Paolo You might want to consider automating the creation of a PowerPoint file with VBA. Try posting in microsoft.public.powerpoint or check out http://skp.mvps.org/vba.htm HTH, JP On Feb 19, 4:05=A0am, paulopost <paulopo...@yahoo.com&...

PC freezes when I open a file
I have a four-page document with a lot of URLs. Whenever I open it, my mouse cannot click anything for about two minutes, and the document itself remains frozen for five minutes. If it is only that one document, it suggests that it is partially corrupt. Not knowing which version of Word or OS you are using makes it difficult to give you options to sort it out, but try the Open and Repair function first. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B470EE-B86F-4018-99B5-F5FCEB41BB34@microsoft.c...

Outlook XP compatibility with 2003 PST files
Hi, Tried to import a .PST file from Office 2003 into Outlook XP, but got an error - file incompatible. I need to go back to Office XP. Is there a way, or utlily to let me import a 2003 .PST file into Outlook XP? Thanks, Rob Outlook 2003 defaults to using an Outlook 2003 PST file format. If you did not select in Outlook 2003 to use the Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (*.PST) format, then it may not be possible to import or recover any data from the PST file. In Outlook 2003 click Tools | E-mail Accounts | View or Change existing e-mail accounts, click New Outlook Data File and ...

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

How can I create an ASCII file with double quotes around each field?
I need to convert Excel files to ASCII files with commas as delimiters. That part is easy. The problem is that I need each field to be surounded by double quotes. Here is an example of what my ASCII output needs to look like: "smith","robert","15","elm","street" "jones","robert","111","main","avenue" Can anyone suggest a solution on how I can convert my excel file to ASCII output as shown in my example? thanks very much! I can get the data into the correct format but then you will need to ...

Opening Excel File
Please Help I have Excel XP and I cant open another Excel file from Explorer or from an attachment in an email if I already have an excel file open. If i click on an excel file in explorer to open it it justs brings my previously opended excel file to the foreground. It doent open the new one at all. I have to go into the open excel sheet and choose open and browse for the file to open it which obviously causes a problem If I want to open an excel attachment. Any ideas. Cheers Paul Try to Re-register Excel. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space be...

Money files compatibility
I have recently installed Money plus, and was trying to open my old money file where I have years of history. It is a money 2002 (with updates) file. When I try to open it, I get the following message: Money can't open this file, because it was created using a different version of money. This is very disappointing, surely I can still convert my old file into the new format somehow? if there a converting little software that I can download from your site, to use as a one-off? Please let me know. Many thanks in advance for your help. Money Plus Deluxe or Premium? (Essentials is a tota...

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Adobe Distiller Crashes certain large Publisher files
I am trying to convert certain files in Publisher to PDF files using the Adobe Distiller. Most files work ok, but certain ones that have a lot of data crash publisher every time. This is not just on one terminal. The same error occurrs with the same files on other terminals in our office. What could be some possible causes and solutions? Thanks. Outside of the fact that you haven't told us any details about your software versions.........how large is this file? I've converted >5MB files with no problem. "cchtmpls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Unable to debug a .dll file
Hello, I have 3 projects in an MFC application, in which 2 are dlls which the active project accesses. My application is giving an error on one of the devices (projector), whereas the same application works fine on another device of the same family of projectors. This application is for updating the firmware of the projector. When i was debugging the active project, i saw that the problem lies in the way the projector is responding to one of the calls made from one of the dlls. Now to check what exactly is the problem in the function present in the dll, i tried applyign break points in the d...

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

how to delete an excel file? how to e-mail a worksheet?
I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file and the file name.I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. "mailman" <mailman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86814A5C-48B9-48D1-8082-8A15479B4000@microsoft.com > I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file > and the file name. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder the file is in, highlight the file, press delete. > I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. Two options:- With the file open, go to Edit-Send to or, in yo...

can't sign files bigger than 1 GB
Hello, I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this error message: "The Digital Signature wizard did not complete." Is there a size limitation for signing files with signtool? If yes, how can files bigger than 1 GB can be signed? Thank you in advanced. amatcovici wrote: > Hello, > > I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying > to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this &...

Open existing file
I recently got a new computer and want to move my Money files to that computer. This is what I have done so far: - installed current version of Money 2003 on new PC - copied current Money file from old PC to CD - copied current Money file from CD to new PC - am able to perform File, Open and it appears to want to open existing file However, my data does not appear anywhere - accounts, payees, reports, etc. Its like it hasn't opened it at all. How can I get it to open an existing file that the new PC has never seen before? Thx. Double-click on the .MNY file you copied over via CD...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10