Text entry query

I am entering 5 lines of text into a block of cells and have Merge Cells
selected in Format | Cells.
When the last line exceeds a particular point in the text all that shows
when I try and enter it is a single long line of #s.
That line is not the longest line.
Help anyone?

Brian Tozer

0
briantoz (102)
12/10/2003 1:37:27 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try formatting the cell as General (not Text).

If you need more than 1000 characters to show up in the cell, add a few
alt-enters to force a new line--you didn't ask--but it's a common question with
cells containing a lot of text.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

TEXT = text

Elegant way to restrict data entry to list of values
Hi all: I need to provide a way to restrict data entry on a large range. For example, I need the first 100 rows of column 1 to only provide 'yes, no' as possible entry values. The first 100 rows of column 2 to provide 'yes, no, maybe'; the first 100 rows of column 3 to provide 'client, server, unsure', etc ... I thought about using named ranges linked to drop down controls, but that would result in many controls (over 300 based on above example) on the spreadsheet and lead to performance issues. Can anyone suggest a better way to go about doing this? It would be ni...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

QUERY FIELD SUM
In have the following in my first field. K:IIF([PL4HX4.RK]=1,"2",IIF([PL4HX4.RK]=2,"1","")) I have the following in my second field. H:IIF([PL4HX4.RH]=1,"2",IIF([PL4HX4.RH]=2,"1","")) What would i write in my third field to get the sum of K + H ? Thanks ed should be as easy as: L: [K] + [H] However, you see that you are returning "1" which is a string, as opposed 1 the number. You might want to change the values to 2, 1, and 0 depending on what you are trying to accomplish. >> What would i writ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Web Query For Single cells in Spreadsheet
I have a web page that I created with exceleverywhere and would like to import the data into an excel file via web query. The problem is that the web query function in excel 2003 only allows me to import tables, and not single cells. How would I go about selecting just the cells that have the updated data to import? Thanks You could import what you can to another sheet and then use an indirect formula or macro to get what you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "analogkid12" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:YUMjc.1397$kp.49445@attbi_s52...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Querying Recipient Policies from script
Any idea how to construct an ldap query to extrapolate all the email addresses policies out of the recipient policies. So i I'm not totally sure what you're trying to accomplish, but we have a VBS script here that dumps the recipient policies to a text file for us. If you email me directly (remove the online from my address) I'll be happy to send it to you. Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Thread-Topic: Querying Recipient Policies from script >...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

Update Query Question 06-19-07
This is what I want to do. In the PO_TBL I have a field PO_ITEM_NBR which combines the data of the PO_ITEM and PO_NBR fields. I want to parse into the actual fields of PO_ITEM and PO_NBR which will exist in the same table. Current Table Result PO_ITEM_NBR PO_ITEM PO_NBR 123344 001 123344 001 123344 002 123344 002 123455 001 123455 001 etc. I have created a updte query with the following SQL statememnt: UPDATE PO_TBL SET PO_ITEM = Left(PO_ITEM_NBR,InStr(PO_ITEM_NBR,&...

edit a form entry with a macro
Version: 2008 I have a macro that opens up a form. It opens it at record 1. how can i get it to go to a specific record using the macro. eg the record name is in cell A1 and I click a button called EDIT ENTRY which triggers the macro Sorry, this is NOT Twitter. Without a specific description of how you made the form (what's in it...) and a look at your macro code, we can't help. It takes HOURS to try to second-guess what you might be doing and type out three or four variations of solution, one of which may fit your needs. On 22/12/09 4:47 AM, in article 59baf83f.-1@web...