TESTING #2

(SORRY
TESTIN
(SORRY
--------

Message sent from www.excelforums.co
The ORIGINAL excel forums, now pushing all posts out to USENET.
0
balazs1 (1)
8/27/2004 10:59:07 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Don't apologize, learn about the

    microsoft.public.test.here

newsgroup!

In article <OYxvgTCjEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
 balazs@saltspringmedia-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Balazs) wrote:

> (SORRY)
> TESTING
> (SORRY)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/27/2004 12:51:02 PM
Thanks,  I didn't realized they eliminated 3 and added a new one
actually think this name makes a bit more sense, and removes
some of the abiguity about what it is for.

I'll update my blurb
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm#testposting

HTH,

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-9CD400.06510227082004@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Don't apologize, learn about the
>
>     microsoft.public.test.here
>
> newsgroup!
>
> In article <OYxvgTCjEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>,
>  balazs@saltspringmedia-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Balazs) wrote:
>
> > (SORRY)
> > TESTING
> > (SORRY)

0
dmcritchie (2586)
8/27/2004 7:05:50 PM
> David McRitchiewrote
Thanks,  I didn't realized they eliminated 3 and added a new on
> actually think this name makes a bit more sense, and remove
> some of the abiguity about what it is for

> I'll update my blur
>    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm#testpostin
>
> HTH
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001
> My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.ht
> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.ht
>
> "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in messag
> Don't apologize, learn about th
>
> microsoft.public.test.her
>
> newsgroup
>
> In article <OYxvgTCjEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>
> balazs@saltspringmedia-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Balazs) wrote
>
> (SORRY
> TESTIN
> (SORRY)[/quote:8e30bb23dc

Actually, I was testing out the newssync hack for my phpbb bulletin
board at www.excelforums.com;  Just wanted to see how quickly a pos
on my website made it to the newsgroup, to another forum running th
hack, and back to my forum

Thank

--------
Message sent from www.excelforums.com
Since when did we move to this place? a few more posts here ehh :
--------
Message sent from www.excelforums.com
0
milan007 (3)

Sum of column #2
Hi I have a worksheet containing 25 columns In the column A I have categories and the other columns B to Z represent periods Looks like this PLB 1 2 3 1 2 2 2 3 .................. ADD 3 4 2 4 1 5 6 4 .................. AVL 2 1 4 2 3 7 1 4 ................... PLB 2 3 2 1 5 2 4 3 ..................... I am looking for a formula that will add each columns for the same Categorie So the result for the categorie PLB should be 1+2+3+1+2+2+2+3 (first row) + 2+3+2+1+5+2+4+3 (last row) = total = 38 ADD = 29 AVL = 24 thanks for helping Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:...

Test Company for GP8 to GP10
I would like ot setup a test company to upgrade from GP8 to GP10. I would like to upgrade in a test company first so I can go over th echanges with my users before just throwing it at them. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it. Thanks for any suggestions or help any one can provide. Rick Hi Rick, Testing an upgrade is a very good idea. Do you have an extra server or high powered workstation where you can load SQL Server and setup your Dynamics GP so you can copy your databases and GP App file over? This is the best way to go. Then you can run the upgrade and document the ...

Exchange 2003 System Backup Recommendations??? #2
What is a good strategy for backing up the Exchange System? By system I mean the disks (program files etc) and System State of Exchange. I'm currently backing up the Exchange DB, and mailboxes as well as my Domain Controllers (1 DC daily, the other DC once a week). The Admin before was doing a weekly full system backup and Differentials the rest of the week. The diff's never complete. Is once a week good or are nightly fulls better? Thanks for any info- ...

Sql server #2
I need to buy new version of SQL server beacsue my data over7 gb. If any microsoft partner can sell me sql Please contact me. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-736-1677 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Gill, The current database size limitation are 2GB for MSDE (free version of SQL 2000) and 4GB for SQL Server 2005 Express. If you are already over the 4GB limit, using SQL Server 2000, 2005 or 2008, then there should be no further need to update. But, if you would like to look into the options, please feel free to get in...

2 email accounts and 2 delivery locations
I have 2 email accounts that I use at home. One is from my ISP and the other is our exchange server at work that I can access over my VPN. Is there a way to change the "delivery new e-mail to the following location" so that I have one going to my personal folders (from my ISP) and one to my mailbox on my exchange server (at work)? If I change it for one, it changes it for the other also. Thanks, Tom Use profiles with a single exchange in each profile. One for Exchange delivered to the Exchange mailbox and one for Internet Mail, delivered to personal folders. Mixing profil...

Automatically closing slave workbook when main workbook is closed... #2
Hi Have two workbooks - lets call them workbook1 and workbook2 for ease. Workbook 1 is the main document, however, some of data is drawn from Workbook 2 which is currently mininmized by following code in VBA Workbook1: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Workbooks.Open "Workbook2.xls" ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized End Sub Ideally I would like Workbook2 opened and hidden so that user does not even know it is running and then shut down automatically when Worokbook1 is closed. PS - when Workbook1 is saved it will be renamed, however Workbook2 title will stay static. thanks in adv...

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

Outlook2003 problems. #2
I have OL2003 on both a laptop and office machine at home. OL is set identically on both machines and the email accounts (Two) are set the same as well. my problem is that my office machine will not send onto one account. the laptop sends fine. could it be a setting in Norton? Also last weekend we seem to have lost 6/7 mails from customers who claim to have mailed orders and not recieved any bounce back but we also recieved no emails. is this normal it was with two isp's. log onto the server with an applications such as Magic Mail Monitor ( http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/) and see if an...

outlook on 2 computers
Hi, Just a quick question. I was wondering if I had outlook on my home computer and laptop set up with the same email addresses, would I receive the emails on both computers? if not, is there a way for them to sync or something to where I can get the new emails on both computers? PLEASE HELP!!! "tweety" <tweetybird4vr@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:061b01c36078$1c73a9b0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Hi, Just a quick question. I was wondering if I had > outlook on my home computer and laptop set up with the > same email addresses, would I receive the emails o...

windows xp #2
I have installed xp on my computer and it wont let me active my window i have called the number and they have told me to contact tech because my product key is good and vailid but it wont take on my machine to finish activation please help me Hi Melinda Try this link for help. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US "Melinda" wrote: > I have installed xp on my computer and it wont let me active my window i have > called the number and they have told me to contact tech because my...

#VALUE Error #2
This problem is driving me nuts! The following Excel formula works fine in several workbooks, but in one particular worksheet it generates the # VALUE ! error. Of course this is the one I really want it to work in. Any suggestions of what I could be doing wrong? =DATEDIF(15487,TODAY(),"y")&" Yrs, "&DATEDIF(15487,TODAY(),"ym")&" Mnths, "&DATEDIF(15487,TODAY(),"md")&" Dys" Windows XP Service Pack 1, Excel 2002. Thank you for saving my sanity. I can't see anything wrong with the formula, and have copied...

Two-Input table #2
Allowence $au 2500 Exchange rate 75% Converted rate 1875 How do i do a two input table to calculate rates on a table A B C D E $1875 1000 1500 2000 2500 50% 55% 60% 70% so it calcualtes the rates for me? i have fiddles around with a few different ways but am getting no where fast. Please Help and thanks in advanced...I am a new user so be sensitive please.... In A1: 2500, in B1: 75%, then in C1: =A1*B1 C1 is the base formu...

Password Not Saving #2
Environment: Outlook 2002 Windows XP Home POP3 Account Have looked at the MS KB for help on this and the article that mentions deleteing the User Subkey from the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider\<user>, the thing is this subkey is not present, is this normal and if not how do i get it to appear? Thanks. ...

2 line and a column graph
Hi! Is there a way to get a graph that has 2 lines in it (which read off the Y axis) and on the same graph have columns that reads off a secondary Y axis? And all these on one set of X axis? The spread sheet is all set up but i can't find the graph that i want in the wizard! Hi David Create a line chart, right click on the series you want to show as column, select chart type and choose column. Right click it again select format data series, axis, and choose secondary. One problem I've found with this kind of graph is that the legend entr for the bar always defaults to the left o...

Peer-2-Peer spam filter for Outlook!?!?
Hi! can someone tell me what is the best Peer-2-Peer spam filter for Outlook?? regards, gicio Peer to peer? I don't see what you mean - do you mean standalone antispam software? There are many options - see www.cloudmark.com or www.giantcompany.com for some nice ones, or www.spampal.com for one I haven't used but have heard good things about. gicio@web.de wrote: > Hi! > > can someone tell me what is the best Peer-2-Peer spam filter for > Outlook?? > > > regards, > > > gicio ...

How do I compare 2 worksheets, 1 old, 1 updated to find difference
I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the first, I need to identify/highlight the updated fields. Is there a way to do this? There is a workbook compare add-in by Myrna Larsen and Bill Manville on Chip Pearson's site you might try: http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "alienstew" <alienstew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1CD24D8-93AB-47CA-AAF0-708A4D3EA14C@microsoft.com... |I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the | first, I need to identify/highlig...

Office 2004 SP 2 update crashes with Tiger 10.4.2 on Powerbook
Downloading the SP2 update for Office 2004, it locks up as soon as launch is attempted, both through Microsoft update and by downloading the file from the Microsoft site. The 11.2.0 update program ceizes to function but the logo remains in the dock even after forced shutdown. Anyone else with the similar problems? Try disconnecting from network drive(s), including iDisks, before launching the update tool. On 9/24/05 12:21 PM, in article 1127582500.072283.34650@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "biliazp" <info@vistra.no> wrote: > Downloading the SP2 update for Office 2004, i...

debit cards #2
Some debit card transactions are posting multiple entries to my EDC Batch. Although the transaction appears to be only processed once at the POS, afterwards I notice that it is captured 2 or 3 times in the batch. (Note: although they all have approval codes, only one will have the card number). From my experience with the problem, it seems to occur when the tender screen is openned more than one time. And the reason we have to open the tender screen more than once could be because: 1. The customer misentered their pin, so we have to go back to the tender screen and reenter the amo...

Before using Excel's t-test, how to know if the data is nomal distribution?
Dear friends, I have to test some groups of data using Excel's t-test. As I know, the prerequisite of t-test is the distribution of the data sets should be normal distribution. How can I evaluate my data set, to be sure that they are nomal distribution? Many thanks. tony Current views are that one really can't determine if a sample is normal or not from a small sample (i.e. less than 30). One can use the summary statistics output in Excel and look at the skewness value. If the skewness is substantially different from zero then the t test is probably in error. The t-test is fairly in...

FreeExamKing Providing latest Q&A, brain dumps Hi, FreeExamKing is providing latest & accurate preparation practice questions and answers brain dumps, study guides, online practice testing engine, aud
FreeExamKing Providing latest Q&A, brain dumps Hi, FreeExamKing is providing latest & accurate preparation practice questions and answers brain dumps, study guides, online practice testing engine, audio exams, realistic or preparation labs and Ebooks for almost all certifications. click here to visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com and download free preparation and training study material. ...

Lotus notes to outlook #2
Hi all, I used lotus notes 6.5 and now, I'm using Outloook 2003. I'd like to import my old email from lotus notes to outlook. Is there a free tool which is able to convert a lotus archive to outlook archive for example ??? Many thanks in advance for your help I would ask Lotus since they are responsible for writing any transports or import/export tools. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, max_mont asked: | ...

Histogram with 2 axis
Hi, In a histogram chart type, I have several countries on the x axis and two rectangles for each country giving their gdp and gdp per capita level. What I want to do is assign gdp to the left Y-axis and gdp per capita to the right Y-axis. Usually, I just change the data series option so it assign it to the secondary axis. However, when I do this in an histogram, excel also automatically group the two rectangles together for each country. Does anyone knows how to avoid that ? I'm using office XP. Thanks a lot for your help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~...

Doing a select from 2 tables
Is there an easy way to check to see whether there is a record in one of 2 tables? For example, if you had 2 tables (for Celkos benefit: these are not real tables - just for illustration): CREATE TABLE Student ( Name varchar(50), SSN varchar(11) ) CREATE TABLE Teacher ( Name varchar(50), SSN varchar(11) ) I am trying to find the this person but I don't know which table they are in (could be in both): I might do something like: SELECT @Name = Name FROM Student WHERE SSN = @ssn IF (@@ROWCOUNT = 0) SELECT @Name = Name FROM Student...

Large smpt log #2
I’ve been using Exchange 2000 for 2 years already and upgraded it to 2003 for months now. Yesterday, SMTP log reached 4GB and it is increasing at a rate of 1 MB/sec. Below are the sample codes in the log. Both abc.sti.edu and def.sti.edu are my exchange servers. 2005-01-04 00:13:56 192.168.0.1 OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 ABC - 25 EHLO - abc.sti.edu 0 0 4 0 0 SMTP - - - - 2005-01-04 00:13:56 192.168.0.1 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 ABC - 25 - - 250-def.sti.edu+Hello+[192.168.0.14] 0 0 38 0 0 SMTP - - - - 2005-01-04 00:13:56 192.168.0.1 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1...

BIG PROBLEM #2
OK. I JUST INSTALLED MY NEW COPY OF OFFICE XP PROFESSIONAL WITH FRONTPAGE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I TRY TO ADD AN EMAIL ACCOUNT IN OUTLOOK, IT SAYS SOME REGISTRY ERROR. I QUOTE: "THE OPERATION FAILED DUE TO A REGISTRY OR ISTALLTION PROBLEM. RESTART OUTLOOK AND TRY AGAIN. IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS, PLEASE REINSTALL." I TRIED TO REINSTALL, SAME THING. I HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE AND THE TECHNICIAN ON THE PHONE TOLD ME TO SOMEWHERE AND CHANGE SOMETHING. I DONT REMEMBER WHAT IT IS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. Pratik, you wrote on Sun, 4 Sep 2005 16:05:02 -0700: > OK. I JUST IN...