Tabbing between text boxes and locking all else.

I have built a user form using Excel 2000, I used the "View - Toolbars -
Control Tool Box - Text Box" to make areas where the user can enter
data.  I saved this as a template and when I try to move from one box
to the next using the Tab key, nothing happens, cursur won't move to
the next box.  I have to use the mouse to click on the next box to make
it work.

I would also like to make the sheet so that when it is opened up, the
only place you can type are in the text boxes.  I tried protecting the
sheet, but that doesn't seem to do what I am looking for. (Unless I am
doing something wrong).

Thanks

--
Rahn
Rahn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35648

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Evil combo box resizing problem
I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for flicker-free resize),and there is a matching string text in the list (for example, if the edit field contained "B", and there was "Base" string), the text in the combobox gets replaced with the matching string and the text gets selected (as if the drop-down list was opened and closed). I don't want that. How can I disable it? >I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. > >But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for >...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

check box formatting #3
How do I increase the size of a check box in Excel? I inserted a check box from the form toolbars, but it's so small I can barely read it. If someone could tell me how to increase the size of the check box, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Stop cross references from picking up formatting from source text
In Word 2003, I am inserting cross references to my headings. The heading styles have 6pt of space before. The cross references pick up this 6pt of space, even though they are contained in a different style. How can I stop them from picking up this space before? -- SuMi Is the spacing before added to the headings as direct formatting or part of the style? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "SuMi" <SuMi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA000EF7-9592-4EC2-A8D2-73D14E1...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

send&receive status box missing #2
Hi Y'all, The subject line kinda sez-it-all: my send & receive status box missing! I haven't done anything extraordinary in the past few days... I really do not know why it is not showing up, and I erally like it... If you have a good/very good idea to rectify this, please email me [gmalmos@oco.net] and (I would think) post it too... Thanking you in advance! \geo ps-yes, I have exhausted all normal type searches, already. ...

Full-Text Indexing #3
Is there a way to enable full-text indexing in an outlook client for Public Folders when the client is working offline? ...

blank text boxes
I am trying to copy text from a word 2007 document into a Newsletter template in Publisher 2007 . It creates a text box but does not bring in any text. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Is the text in a text box in Word? Is the text box "pickable'? Could it be behind some sort of background? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "P. Zicari" <PZicari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EBFB246-12C3-4DF9-8EC6-A378B3E8680A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to copy ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

refer a cell text in b1 and extract remaing text from a1
I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c column. Hi In C1 =SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier Narnimar wrote: > I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like > "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to > extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c colum...

How do you create scrolling marquee text in Word?
This used to be available in versions up to 07. Is there a way to recreate this feature? I read somewhere that is was removed because some found it annoying. Is there any help for me? I need it for a specific application. -- TheTraveler In Word 2007, the only way to create text effects is via a macro. Ask in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "TheTraveler" <TheTraveler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:435B6A12-B905-48E7-B39E-EB4681D26F45@microsoft.com... > This ...

Full-Text Indexing not finishing
Hi, We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. One mailbox had been having some trouble searching when access through another account (as an additional mailbox). I noticed the other day that the "last build time" of the full-text index was several months ago, so I deleted and recreated the full-text index, and started a full population, which is apparently still running several days later. For a while it said the index state was "crawling" and now a few days later it shows the index state is "initializing." The total size of the 9 mailboxes is about ...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Saving default tabs

Text-to-speech in Excel X
I've been reading about Excel X having the ability to "read" text in=20 selected cells. Mac has the capability in Text Edit and the PC world = has=20 a "voice" option under the view+toolbars, but Mac doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Delete text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can't delete marked text by pressing BACKSPACE Well, since the Mac keyboards I'm familiar with don't have a BACKSPACE key I'm not sure what you're pressing :-) but it's most likely a matter of going to: Word>Preferences> Edit, check the box for "Typing replaces selection". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/9/10 11:15 AM, in article 59bb2874.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IO@officeformac.com" <IO@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version...

validation list drop down box, how do I bring in text commands
I have a reference set in excel that is two columns. The first column lists functions in text (i.e. AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MAX, MIN....). The second column lists the corresponding function number (i.e. AVG = 1, COUNT =2....). I made a drop down box using data, validation, list so that the function numbers appear in a row. The row below I put in subtotal(grab command from drop down, data set to calc). I can't figure out how to return the TEXT from my columns above, rather than function number. I want my drop down to have AVERAGE, not 1. Hi Scott, Debra Dalgleish has pages ...

Is it possible to display text in charts?
I am creating graphs for results from a survey. Part of this is to graph each individual's response to every question. If a person did not answer a question, I would like "N/A" to appear in the data for the chart. I am not using formulas -- the numbers are typed directly into the spreadsheet. Is there any way to have the text "N/A" display in the chart data? Currently, if I enter text in the corresponding cell, it displays as "0" in the chart data. Thanks! Janine, You can try applying a custom format to those entries that are coming across as zero....