tab files import into excel

I have a mailing form on my website, it produces a TAB file of just plain
text. I want to import that tab file ( or txt file, it can be either or)
into excel. This mailing form has about 10 columns (first name, last name,
address, etc....) and everytime I input/import the tab/txt file, it imports
it to excel fine, but I want to know how I can get each persons data, to go
into a new ROW. Currently all the data is posted in one massive row, so I
have to cut and paste that persons data and create a new row....a pretty
lengthy process. Is there anyway to speed up this process?

craig

0
sns
7/18/2004 6:17:40 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Craig,

You say tab file OR text file, either-or.  I'm not clear on your terms.  Do
you mean a tab-delimited file?  THat's a text file where the fields are
separated with tab (09) characters, instead of the slightly more usual
commas.  In any event, it sounds as if the file doesn't have record
delimiters (end-of-line), which is something along the lines of a CR and a
LF character (13 and 10).  Try opening it in Notepad.  If it's all one line
there, then there's nothing to indicate the end of a record (line) in the
file.  Post back.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"sns" <sns(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a mailing form on my website, it produces a TAB file of just plain
> text. I want to import that tab file ( or txt file, it can be either or)
> into excel. This mailing form has about 10 columns (first name, last name,
> address, etc....) and everytime I input/import the tab/txt file, it
imports
> it to excel fine, but I want to know how I can get each persons data, to
go
> into a new ROW. Currently all the data is posted in one massive row, so I
> have to cut and paste that persons data and create a new row....a pretty
> lengthy process. Is there anyway to speed up this process?
>
> craig

0
nowhere1083 (630)

excel template #2
hi i have a excel template. when i go to file->new->general templates in my PC, i can see this. in the same way i want this to be available for all users in the network when they go to file->new->general templates in their PCs. i know that the template has to be added to the templates folder to be visible there. but i have 140 users. so i cannot go to each machine and do that. so pls. help me rathika Sounds like you might want to consider using the "Workgroup Templates" location. Please see the following article for details. 290232 HOW TO: Manage Office XP Templ...

setup csv file for export to autoresponder
setup csv file, using excel, for export to autoresponder ...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Export Excel Data to Access With a Macro!!!
Hi, I have been trying to create a macro in excel to automatically export data into access, but to no avail. Would somebody please give me a hint? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Using Access either "Link" the spreadsheet as a table or import the excel data. Otherwise research ADO and CreateTable to learn how to push the data cell by cell. Ken "Jac" wrote: > Hi, > > I have been trying to create a macro in excel to automatically export data > into access, but to no avail. Would somebody please give me a hint? > Your assistance ...

add the document file path in 2007
I had a button that allowed me to insert the full path and filename to any Word document which I could print out on the document and then read the hard copy some time later and know where to go to find it again. Does anyone know how I can do this on Word 2007? Insert a Filename field with the \p switch in the location where you want it to appear - probably the footer. In Word 2007, fields are under the Quick Parts section of the Insert tab of the ribbon. Or, at the location where you want it to appear, press Ctrl+F9 and inside the field delimiters { } that appear, type { fi...

how to import emails
Hi All, I'm being tasked with importing emails regarding service interruptions from several different ISP's into SQL Server 2008 R2. I've never done this before. Where should I start? Thanks, Eric On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:08:11 -0700 (PDT), "new DBA in '09" <ericbragas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I'm being tasked with importing emails regarding service interruptions >from several different ISP's into SQL Server 2008 R2. I've never done >this before. Where should I start? > >Thanks, >Eric Hi You d...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Can't open Help file when on subform
Using Access 2003 on Windows XP. I converted a .hlp help file to .chm and now I'm calling it with the code shown below. This code works fine when the focus is on a main form or a form with no subforms, but throws runtime error "2455" when the focus is on a control in a subform which is within the main form. Isn't 'curForm' still the main form? Isn't a subform seen as a control of the main form? How do I edit the code so the help file will open when the focus is on a control of the subform and yet still functions when the focus is on the main form? All cont...

Error on export as .snp file
Hi, In Access 2003 I have a report which runs fine but when I try to export it as a snapshot I get error message 3048 "cannot open any more databases". I export other reports with no problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks ...

How can I print barcodes from Excel?
I am interested in printing standard product style barcodes in small quantities from Word, Excel or Access. Hi, See the following. I'm not sure that you can print the from access, but you can from word and excel http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.barcode-1.net/pub/russadam/faq.html "D Braun" wrote: > I am interested in printing standard product style barcodes in small > quantities from Word, Excel or Access. An excellent tool for adding bar codes to Word, Excel or Access is a product called B-Coder Pro. You can download a demo version at:...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Result of formula reflected in Chart (Excel 2002)
I am conducting a program evaluation, tracking clients' progress in various Categories as a result of their participation in a program. In each Category a client may be deemed In Crisis, At Risk, Stable, Safe, or Thriving (I'll call these Series). There are Y possibilities in each Series. (Each Series might have a different value for Y.) The client responds to a questionnaire by marking responses in various components of each category. The responses are cataloged by me on a Matrix broken down by Category and Series. I want to track these responses on a chart (I'm think...

use CPoint object,but no header file
i can't find header file,atltypes.h. why? ...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Flat file security
How do I get security on excel flat files (journal entry records) into an AS400 General Ledger application? Oh yeah, it needs to get through a firewall into the AS400 located in USA from my office in Canada. :confused: -- multiplan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ multiplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15911 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386678 ...

Can use VSTO to reduce the size of a file?
I have a really large spreadsheet that is saved in a sharepoint location but takes about five minutes to load. Would it make any difference if I recreate the file using VSTO? Thanks in advance ...

Appending Excel data into an Access table while inserting the file name
I have a loop in an Access 2003 database that appends records from multiple Excel files within a given directory. The name of each Excel file cycles through one variable (ImpFileName) as its records are imported, but I also need to add the Excel file name to each record. I wanted to assign the value of ImpFileName to the DefaultValue property of the FileName field in the table as part of the DoWhile loop, but something is wrong with my syntax. My code is below, but only works if I comment out the line that assigns the DefaultValue property. Any help would be much appreciated! Dim tdf...

Wrapping in Excel (fitting many lines of text in cell to print rig
Help! I'd say I'm intermed. user but I'm stumped on this one (unless it's just now working right?) Desparately need this report for tomorrow. Report has numerical data, calculations AND text (reason it's not just a word file). I don't know Access, so forget that. Anyway... Text portion is massive and I can't get the cells to show all the lines on screen or to print. When I click directly on the worst examples, the entire screen is covered with the data on a pop up-type screen that overlays the spreadsheet to show it all. (idea: copy/paste this entire...

HTML in a PDF File
Can I get HTML links into a email PDF File by using Publisher? I create a newsletter that I email to my church members and would like to link email address and web pages? If you type out the links in total i.e. jimsmith@nowhere.org or www.google.com Acrobat will find the links. After you print the Publisher document, in Acrobat, Advanced, Links. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Godsgirl" <Godsgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E8D116-0461-459B-BB24-E698D9D70277@microsoft.com......

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

linking an excel workbook to an infopath form
i need some help... i have created a form in infopath and im looking for a portion of the data to be linked with an excel workbook... i have been told i need to deploy an xml schema in excel and i havent a clue how to do this... must i publish the infopath form so it's is an active xml doc.. right now it is saved as an infopath form template... please help... im in the mortgage business and the infopath form is a prequal form for my clients...im looking for a workflow where when i save a form the info automatically populates an excel workbook with certain info.. a way for me to track my d...

Additional colors for Excel charts
Are there downloads available to supplement the basic colors available for use in Excel charts? What I'd like (if available) is a set of colors/hue choices similar to those in Powerpoint. Thanks! Excel is limited to 56 colors, but you can control which colors these are. To exercise this control, go to the Tools menu, select Options, and click on the Color tab. The standard palette is laid out, and you can select any one and change it. Note that the bottom two rows contain the default colors for chart series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Service...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

IE* will not download and save .zdl files (Avery DesignPro)
Cannot download and save .zdl files (Avery DesignPro brochure) from our web site using IE8 Version: 8.0.6001.18702. The file is correctly located in the directory and the link is correctly pointing to the file. This used to work before IE8 was installed as my browser. (It works using Firefox 3.6.3. so the directory and link are okay.) Save Target as results in the following error message: “Internet Explorer cannot download FILENAME.zdl from http://www.?????.com.” “Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be fo...

protecting worksheet corrupts file
Ok I this is my situation , I protect a worksheet through a macro and save the file. Open the file up again the sheet says it protected but it dose not save the xlunlockedcells part. I can just run a code that covers that only and it works, but still won't save that part. If I run the protect code more than once the file corrupts. If I protect the sheet manually using the tool bar everything works correctly. This has been the same with two separate computers, I never had this problem with 2003, but it is showing up with the 2007 ver. My question is: is this a common problem, is there a wor...