SUM values in a column till you reach a flag in another column- Urgent

Hello:
My data is something like this:
Column1   Column2  Flag
1    200     0
2    300     0
4    500     1
6    400     0
7    300     0
9    600     0

I need a formula to add values in each of the first two columns till
the flag equals 1. Then another formula to add the values below the
flag seperately.

In other words- I am expecting 7, 22, 1000, 1300 values to be output
for the above sheet.

The number of rows is not constant in my worksheet although the order
of the data is standard. I would want to avoid VBA if I can do this by
a simple formula.

Please help. This is Urgent.

Thanks in advance.

-Naveen

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

try this idea where col g is your col 1
=SUM(INDIRECT("g1:g"&MATCH(1,I:I,0)))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<naveen.vinukonda@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
> My data is something like this:
> Column1   Column2  Flag
> 1    200     0
> 2    300     0
> 4    500     1
> 6    400     0
> 7    300     0
> 9    600     0
>

> I need a formula to add values in each of the first two columns till
> the flag equals 1. Then another formula to add the values below the
> flag seperately.
>

> In other words- I am expecting 7, 22, 1000, 1300 values to be output
> for the above sheet.
>

> The number of rows is not constant in my worksheet although the order
> of the data is standard. I would want to avoid VBA if I can do this by
> a simple formula.
>

> Please help. This is Urgent.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> -Naveen

0
Don
2/18/2005 1:24:25 AM
One way ..

Assuming this data is in Sheet1,
cols A and B, from row1 down

> 1    200     0
> 2    300     0
> 4    500     1
> 6    400     0
> 7    300     0
> 9    600     0

In Sheet2
------------
Put in A1:

=SUM(OFFSET(Sheet1!$C:$C,,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-3,MATCH(1,Sheet1!$C:$C,0)))

Put in A2: =SUM(Sheet1!A:A)-A1

Select A1:A2, copy across to B2

A1:B2 will return:

7 1000 (< sum of values until (& inclusive) the flag "1" in col C)
22 1300 (< sum of values after the flag "1" in col C)

--
Rgds
Max
<naveen.vinukonda@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
> My data is something like this:
> Column1   Column2  Flag
> 1    200     0
> 2    300     0
> 4    500     1
> 6    400     0
> 7    300     0
> 9    600     0
>

> I need a formula to add values in each of the first two columns till
> the flag equals 1. Then another formula to add the values below the
> flag seperately.
>

> In other words- I am expecting 7, 22, 1000, 1300 values to be output
> for the above sheet.
>

> The number of rows is not constant in my worksheet although the order
> of the data is standard. I would want to avoid VBA if I can do this by
> a simple formula.
>

> Please help. This is Urgent.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> -Naveen

0
demechanik (4694)

In excel change color of a range of cells based on a cell value
Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells to change background color? Use the cell the box is linked to in your conditional formatting formula. If your box is tied to, say, A1, make sure the conditional formula is like: =$A$1="value" value is whatever will be selected in the box. Then set the background color. Squeaky "kwitt" wrote: > Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells > to change background color? ...

Excel2007 Replace formulas with {=#Value!} when saving file
The file is in Excel 2003 (created in Excell 2003) format. "FileName [Compatibility Mode] ..." displayed on title bar when loaded in Excell 2007. There are several worksheets in the workbook with array formulas referring to other worksheet. When saving the file a message pops up saying "saving this file in 2003 format will lose information, formulas will be converted to {=#Value!} as the 2003 format cannot handle the quatity of formulas in this workbook". If you select "Continue" that is exactly what happens: poof, most of your array formulas are replaced. ...

How to perform sum sum sum...

How to get #value! to return a value of 0?
My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values in the B2 column are "--," indicating "not applicable". When I use the formula, it interprets this as text, of course, and returns the error value of #VALUE! I want it to treat these as zeroes. How can I do this? I tried doing a FIND AND REPLACE, but it did not recognize any of the "-- " values in the FIND. Can anybody help? =SUM(A2:C2) would be the easiest way. SUM will ignore text. tj "rhodesv" wrote: > My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values i...

Summing up user defined results

Null value won't pass into function
Hi All, I have started tearing my hair out over this problem! I am pulling some data from a table and passing it as variables into a function in Access. One of the variables I'm passing through can be Null, so to avoid trying to pass a Null value to a function as a string (which I gather Access wouldn't like) I created an IIF function inside the parameters so if the value was null, it passed the string "NULLDEPOT" into the function, and I dealt with it inside the function. No matter HOW I try (stacked queries, new variables, taking the IIF out of the function parameters an...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

How to Combine Data from Several Columns?
Hi Everyone I have attached a file which contains what I need to resolve Basically, I need to combine the data in several columns together int one column. Is there a way I can do it with formulas or vb code? would really appreciate if any experts out there can help me. Thanks and Regards Kelvi Attachment filename: book1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46105 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kelvin! Probably the answer will be something like: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 ...

sum subform to form

How to get the column name a UDF is executing in as a default func
I have two tables and an UDF CREATE TABLE [dbo].[t1]( [t1_id] [int] , [t1_col_name] [nvarchar](50) ) ON [PRIMARY] CREATE TABLE [dbo].[t2]( [t2_id] [int] NOT NULL, [t2_col_name] [nvarchar](50) NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] ALTER TABLE [dbo].[t2] ADD CONSTRAINT [DF_t2_t2_col_name] DEFAULT ([dbo].[calc1]()) FOR [t2_col_name] create function dbo.calc1() Returns int WITH EXECUTE AS CALLER AS BEGIN DECLARE @agg int DECLARE @searchval nvarchar(50) SET @searchval = [THISTABLE.COLUMN_NAME] SET @agg = (select COUNT(*) from t1 where t1_col_name ...

Display msg when value chgs to zero.
Hi, I'm running Access via XP Office Pro under Windows 7. Background ------------------- We are working on creating a cash receipt form. Checks are group into "batches" of 20 checks. Someone adds up the checks using a calcuator. The total from the calculator is called the "batch control total". The cash receipts form has a form and a sub-form. The allows the user to enter the batch number, batch date, control total amount (from manually run caculator tape), and batch comment. The sub-form enables the user to enter the individual checks. The c...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields
Hi, I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include: CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January, February). The type field is either Actual or Budget. My query will return two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the CustomerName header. The Details sections has their monthly sales figures. In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget pe...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Drop down values relating to cells in next worksheet
Here goes, hope this makes sense! I have a worksheet that contains a questionnaire, which is filled in by choosing the reply from the drop down (Data/Validation) box, e.g. 'Strongly Agree', 'Disagree' etc. I need to be able to make these choices relate to my scoresheet in the next worksheet, so that when 'Strongly disagree' is chosen, a score of 10 is transferred to the related cell in the scoresheet. There are 4 choices - strongly disagree = 10, disagree = 9, agree = 1, strongly agree = 0. I haven't a clue how to do this, hope someone can help! Hi use v...

HELP! Default value dependant on another field
Hi I would like to set up a default value in one field [ILRVAL] based on whether a previous field [40ILR] - a yes/no field - is a yes. Any help gratefully received. You could try something like: if me.[40ILR]=-1 then me.[ILRVAL].defaultvalue="yourvalue here" end if hth -- Maurice Ausum "Obeide115654" wrote: > Hi I would like to set up a default value in one field [ILRVAL] based on > whether a previous field [40ILR] - a yes/no field - is a yes. > > Any help gratefully received. At the risk of sounding completely stupid... Where do I type that? Thank...

flagging items in public folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "JA" <jalvord1@comcast.net> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Permissions? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send m...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

ComboBox: Update a value in current record before changing the ComboBox Value
It's been a while since I have had any issues...I seem to create my own problems... I have a combo box in a sunform. I use the combobox to choice multiple items in the subform. When I pick and item in the combobox, I run an AFTER UPDATE and set a value in a table (I change a 0 to a 5). However, if I picked the wrong record and go and change it to a different record, the value I set to 5 above stays a 5 and know I have a record with a value I do not want...I want to change it back to 0 before I change the record in the combobox. I have tried Before Update, On Enter, On Get Focus...thes...

XIRR & non-Contiguous Values?
I know IRR works with non-continguous values, but I can't get XIRR to work. Here's what I'm doing: =XIRR((B1,B5), (A1,A5), 0.07) A B 1/21/2005 -750 - - - 12/31/2005 795 I get #VALUE! IRR works on the same cells, minus the date arguments of course. Bob bluepost22@yahoo.com wrote: > =XIRR((B1,B5), (A1,A5), 0.07) should those have colons between the cells? like B1:B5 In this case I only have two dates and two values which are not located in adjacent cells in the spreadsheet. This is supposed to work in IRR, and it does, but I can't get it...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

Line
I have a table with 4 columns and I want to show three columns as bars on one axis and one as a line on the other axis but the standard format always splits the table into two bars and two lines. Even if I transfer the third column into the primary axis it still stays as a line. Any help will be great. Ta, Michael Hi Michael, Best thing to do is create a Column chart based on all 4 data series. Them select the data series that you want to plot as a line. Right click and pick Chart Type from the popup menu. Pick the appropriate line chart. Michael C wrote: > I have a table with 4 col...