Sum of the last (x) values in a row

How would I get the average of the sums of the just previous 52 cells in a
row that contains more than 52 columns? TIA...

0
tobijohn (2)
7/27/2008 6:46:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this *array* formula:

=AVERAGE(INDEX(1:1,LARGE(COLUMN(1:1)*(1:1<>""),52)):IV1)

--
Array formulas must be entered with CSE, <Ctrl> <Shift > <Enter>, instead of
the regular <Enter>, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

If you have less then 52 numbers, the formula will average whatever you have
entered.
--
HTH,

RD

"Tobijohn" <tobijohn@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How would I get the average of the sums of the just previous 52 cells in a
> row that contains more than 52 columns? TIA...

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
7/27/2008 7:56:24 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I wish I knew enough to understand "HOW" in
works...
"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Try this *array* formula:
>
> =AVERAGE(INDEX(1:1,LARGE(COLUMN(1:1)*(1:1<>""),52)):IV1)
>
> --
> Array formulas must be entered with CSE, <Ctrl> <Shift > <Enter>, instead
> of
> the regular <Enter>, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in
> curly
> brackets, which *cannot* be done manually.
> You *must also* use CSE when revising the formula.
>
> If you have less then 52 numbers, the formula will average whatever you
> have
> entered.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Tobijohn" <tobijohn@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> How would I get the average of the sums of the just previous 52 cells in
>> row that contains more than 52 columns? TIA...

0
tobijohn (2)
7/27/2008 10:15:30 PM
Are there blank cells in the row?

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Tobijohn" wrote:

> How would I get the average of the sums of the just previous 52 cells in a
> row that contains more than 52 columns? TIA...

0
Wigi (97)

In excel change color of a range of cells based on a cell value
Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells to change background color? Use the cell the box is linked to in your conditional formatting formula. If your box is tied to, say, A1, make sure the conditional formula is like: =$A$1="value" value is whatever will be selected in the box. Then set the background color. Squeaky "kwitt" wrote: > Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells > to change background color? ...

How to get #value! to return a value of 0?
My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values in the B2 column are "--," indicating "not applicable". When I use the formula, it interprets this as text, of course, and returns the error value of #VALUE! I want it to treat these as zeroes. How can I do this? I tried doing a FIND AND REPLACE, but it did not recognize any of the "-- " values in the FIND. Can anybody help? =SUM(A2:C2) would be the easiest way. SUM will ignore text. tj "rhodesv" wrote: > My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values i...

How to perform sum sum sum...

Excel2007 Replace formulas with {=#Value!} when saving file
The file is in Excel 2003 (created in Excell 2003) format. "FileName [Compatibility Mode] ..." displayed on title bar when loaded in Excell 2007. There are several worksheets in the workbook with array formulas referring to other worksheet. When saving the file a message pops up saying "saving this file in 2003 format will lose information, formulas will be converted to {=#Value!} as the 2003 format cannot handle the quatity of formulas in this workbook". If you select "Continue" that is exactly what happens: poof, most of your array formulas are replaced. ...

hiding rows
Hi, I want to use the conditional formating of a certain range of cells so that: if a cell in that range is empty (nothing is shown) hide the entire row. note: the values in the cells are copied from other cells in a different worksheet. If this is not possible with conditional formating can it be done with VBA and How? Not possible with CF Look here for a few ways http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide For example Hide Empty rows, Print and unhide the rows This example will loop through row 1:30 in "Sheet1" If every cell in column A:G is empty it will hide that row. Afte...

Summing up user defined results

Null value won't pass into function
Hi All, I have started tearing my hair out over this problem! I am pulling some data from a table and passing it as variables into a function in Access. One of the variables I'm passing through can be Null, so to avoid trying to pass a Null value to a function as a string (which I gather Access wouldn't like) I created an IIF function inside the parameters so if the value was null, it passed the string "NULLDEPOT" into the function, and I dealt with it inside the function. No matter HOW I try (stacked queries, new variables, taking the IIF out of the function parameters an...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

X-axis scale #2
When making a line chart my Excel 97 automatically makes the x-axis a category axis. How can I make it a value axis? Instead of a line chart, create an XY (scatter) chart, and use one of the line subtypes. Fred wrote: > When making a line chart my Excel 97 automatically makes > the x-axis a category axis. How can I make it a value axis? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html I am constructing a bar chart and would like to be able to change my x-axis to a value axis. Unfortunately for what I am doing I have to use a bar chart...

sum subform to form

how to change x axis to numbers (or accomplish similar)
I would like to make a grid for plotting co-ordinates. I simply need both x and y axis to be numbers example 1 2 3 2 3 Is there a way to change the x axis to be numbers instead of letters? Or if not is there a quick way for me to just enter the nubers into the grid without having to type them all (i need 1 - 5000) Thanks :) -- idle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ idle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492561 nvm I found it :...

Display msg when value chgs to zero.
Hi, I'm running Access via XP Office Pro under Windows 7. Background ------------------- We are working on creating a cash receipt form. Checks are group into "batches" of 20 checks. Someone adds up the checks using a calcuator. The total from the calculator is called the "batch control total". The cash receipts form has a form and a sub-form. The allows the user to enter the batch number, batch date, control total amount (from manually run caculator tape), and batch comment. The sub-form enables the user to enter the individual checks. The c...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

How do i get Add Ins/Analysis Toolkit VBA for Excel Mac X version
laslo - (1) When I choose Excel X Help | Search Excel Help and type "analysis toolpak" and select "Install and use Analysis ToolPak," it gives me complete instructions, including the "Value Pack X Installer" requirement, which might be on a separate disk. (2) You are more likely to get Mac-specific help in the microsoft.public.mac.office.excel newsgroup. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com IIRC, it's in the Value Pak folder of your installation disk. Use the Value Pak installer to copy it to the HD:Applications:Office:Add-ins folder. In article &l...

User not accessed the system since last 2 months
Is there any script available to determine accounts that have not logged in for the past x months. Please provide us the link and and guide line how to use that ? Thanks ...

Excel graph as Value/picture
Hello, I would like to copy and paste an excel graph into aonther workbook without including the underlying data series. In other words, I would like the graph to exclude all formulas (similar to paste special> values when dealing with formulaes). -- Yunus Patel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yunus Patel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514409 Hi, Select the chart and then whilst holding the SHIFT key use the menu Edit >...

Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields
Hi, I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include: CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January, February). The type field is either Actual or Budget. My query will return two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the CustomerName header. The Details sections has their monthly sales figures. In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget pe...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

prevent display of data series dropping to graph x axis for null d
In a graph, I want to prevent the data series from going to the x axis if there is null data in the cell. I am using a formula =if(cell value = "","",average(cell range)) and this is what I am trying to suppress Use NA() instead of "". Jerry norco wrote: > In a graph, I want to prevent the data series from going to the x axis if > there is null data in the cell. I am using a formula =if(cell value = > "","",average(cell range)) and this is what I am trying to suppress .... for the second instance in the formula: =if(cell v...

Drop down values relating to cells in next worksheet
Here goes, hope this makes sense! I have a worksheet that contains a questionnaire, which is filled in by choosing the reply from the drop down (Data/Validation) box, e.g. 'Strongly Agree', 'Disagree' etc. I need to be able to make these choices relate to my scoresheet in the next worksheet, so that when 'Strongly disagree' is chosen, a score of 10 is transferred to the related cell in the scoresheet. There are 4 choices - strongly disagree = 10, disagree = 9, agree = 1, strongly agree = 0. I haven't a clue how to do this, hope someone can help! Hi use v...

HELP! Default value dependant on another field
Hi I would like to set up a default value in one field [ILRVAL] based on whether a previous field [40ILR] - a yes/no field - is a yes. Any help gratefully received. You could try something like: if me.[40ILR]=-1 then me.[ILRVAL].defaultvalue="yourvalue here" end if hth -- Maurice Ausum "Obeide115654" wrote: > Hi I would like to set up a default value in one field [ILRVAL] based on > whether a previous field [40ILR] - a yes/no field - is a yes. > > Any help gratefully received. At the risk of sounding completely stupid... Where do I type that? Thank...