Sum of different formated cells

Hope someone can help! Is it possible to add up cells in a column which
are in a different format, say colored red, and leave out all other
formats?

--
boogleboogle
boogleboogle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25456

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--

HTH

RP

"boogleboogle" <boogleboogle.1sinw0_1121943966.88@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> Hope someone can help! Is it possible to add up cells in a column which
> are in a different format, say colored red, and leave out all other
> formats?
>

> --
> boogleboogle
> boogleboogle's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25456
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389004

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
7/21/2005 11:16:12 AM
Check out

    http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

In article <boogleboogle.1sinw0_1121943966.88@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 wrote:

> Hope someone can help! Is it possible to add up cells in a column which
> are in a different format, say colored red, and leave out all other
> formats?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

format differnet widths columns and rows for different pages
I would like to know how you can have different formatting for row and colunm widths on different pages; is this possible and if so how do you do it?? You could use VBA to change the column.width for a worksheet..... if you were talking about that? -- Dnereb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486499 By "pages" do you mean printed pages on one worksheet? On each Excel worksheet th...

How to perform sum sum sum...

format chart textbox font
I have a text box linked to a cell in a table in the same workbook. I want to have the font color of the text to reflect that which is in the cell. e.g. I have a dollar figure in the cell. It is in a black front for positive values, and red with parenthese () for negitive figures. At present, I have a negitive dollar figure which reflects in the sheet as a black $(3,813.47). How can I make the font format in the text box follow the spreadsheet's format? Text boxes do not have a number format property. There are two alternative ways to get what you want: Use data labels instead, whi...

Conditional formatting #50
Hi, The worksheet I've been working on uses paste links to carry forward workers details from one worksheet to the next. These cells are left unprotected so the chain can be broken if a person leaves, and someone new has to be inserted. This is fine but it makes it tricky to spot where breaks occur. Can conditional formatting tell the difference between a formula and text entered? If so can someone please give me an example that I can use. Many thanks. DonH You would need to build a simple UDF Function IsFormula(rng as range) IsFormula = rng.HasFormula End Function and use t...

keeping one cell constant
if the formula is A1*A2 on the first row and for each other row i want B2, C2 etc to always be multiplied by A1 how can i do this. At the moment if i copy the formula from 1 row to the next it doesnt how the first as the constant. pls let me know the formula i need to use Try this: =$A$1*A2 And then look up the difference between relative and absolute cell references in the Help files. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------...

formatting time
I am using Excel 2002 and am trying to fomat cells for time. The display is 12:00 PM, but in the formula bar it looks like 12:00:00 PM. I am merging this into a memo and really don't need the seconds display. I have already changed the regional time settings in the control panel, but that seemed to have no effect. Any ideas? Thanks! I worked on this last week but have forgotten details . You need to add a format in the field in the Word document. Bernard "Hillary" <hemerson@yvcc.edu> wrote in message news:061e01c38c3b$9d7a6870$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Exc...

Different password for different worksheet " Help !"
Dear Sir, Greetings from Qatar ! I am using MS Excel 2007. I want to create a workbook with different worksheets for different users to be able to view and edit the content on his/her designated worksheet. i.e. For security purpose, I want different worksheet has a different password to protect so that the only authorized user can view & edit the content on his/her designated worksheet. For example, sheet "marketing" has a password "1234" and sheet "sales" has a password "1235" to view and protect. Is it possible? Please kindly ...

Number formatting question
I have hundreds of rows of numbers (example 234553) it need to add a decimal to every row to make it 2345.53. Is this possible? Yes One method Put the value 100 in a blank cell. With that cell selected, Edit/Copy Select the numbers you wish to change (highlight the column) Use Edit/Paste Special and select the Divide option. HTH PC "sbhayes" <sbhayes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C0C90C-6C93-4055-8983-430D97B09692@microsoft.com... > I have hundreds of rows of numbers (example 234553) it need to add a decimal > to every row to make it 2345.5...

format windows xp home edition
how do i reformat my puter i have the dick to reenstall "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF4A99AB-9AAE-4303-A0A3-FBB3F7D2F404@microsoft.com... > how do i reformat my puter i have the dick to reenstall You follow the prompts on the screen (while checking the spelling of your posts . . .) Why do you have to "reenstall" your dick? HOW TO do a clean install of WinXP: See http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps and/or Method 1 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307 After the clean install, yo...

Excel 2000 HTML/XML format Question
Hi everyone, I have a question about the HTML/XML format of Excel 2000 when you sav a workbook as a web page. I have a requirement where I generate the HTML/XML structur programatically and save it in seperate files (one .htm file for eac worksheet). Everything works fine. However, I was trying to cra everything in one single file and experimenting with various options. For example, I have the following xml structure that creates the tw sheets. Code ------------------- <xml> <x:ExcelWorkbook> <x:ExcelWorksheets> <x:ExcelWorksheet> <x:Name>Sheet1&...

Referencing a sheet by taking its name from a cell
I'm not even sure the title of this post is correct but it's as clear as I could make it! I'm creating a summary sheet of data from many other worksheets. The worksheet names are mmm-yy (e.g. Nov-07). The top row of the summary sheet will contain those same names, with the summary data in the column below. I'm trying to find a way to reference the correct sheet by utilising the name in the top row. Something like ='A2'!C7 , I suppose, but this particular attempt didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks! Paul Assuming that you have "Nov-07"(sheet name) in...

Summing up user defined results

Account Framework, Account Format, & Default COA
Someone please tell me if I have this straight. When you first install GP, there is a default account framework which is set to max length of 66 with max segments of 9. Which means you can have up to 9 segments divvied up any way you wish as long as the total of all segments does not exceed 66 characters. Correct? And for which there is really no need to change this. Correct? Now, when you setup a company you can setup your account format any way you want as long as it =93fits within=94 the account framework. So, if you leave the account framework set to the defaults you can set...

Some incoming messages in different font
Some of the incoming messages are in a different font than others. But when these messages are forwarded they look normal (arial, etc.) to the recpients. Also, not all incoming messages have the font (gothic something.) They look normal. How can I make them all have the same font? thanks. "jmDesktop" <needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bdea18ca-4694-4153-9a9a-abaa31811ce1@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Some of the incoming messages are in a different font than others. > But when these messages are forwarded they look normal (arial, etc.) > to the ...

sum subform to form

Automatic filling of cells within a certain date range
Can someone please help, I have been stuck on this for the past two days... Column 'AB' has 'Start Date' and column 'AD' has 'Finish date' Row 19, cells 'AI' to 'DW' have the months written as 'J' 'F' 'M' 'A' etc.....from 2008 to 2015. I want to be able to enter a 'start date' in column 'AB' i.e. 1 January 2008 and a 'Finish date' in column 'AD' i.e. 1 April 2015. Then i would like the cells 'J - A' on row 19 to be filled with '1' in each month.... I...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Special format for feet
Many html tables list height as x-yy where x is feet and yy is inches. Excel imports this as a date. In looking at cell number formats there is no option to display either a feet-inches 'number' or an inches number as x-yy. (I will write up a separate item about Excel importing the feet and inches as dates.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Cells stay highlighted, cannot use mouse
When I click on a cell in excel, that cell shows as clicked on, but when I move the mouse all surrounding cells become highlighted as well. So I cannot input anything anywhere, as moving the mouse around just keeps highlighting cells. And I cannot shut excel down as trying to move the mouse to a menu bar keeps highlighting cells in the worksheet. The only way to get out of excel is to End Task. I have come across this problem before, but I don't know how I inadvertently activate it, and to stop it was some combined of Ctrl-Enter but I can't remember what. Hopefully someone will un...

Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields
Hi, I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include: CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January, February). The type field is either Actual or Budget. My query will return two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the CustomerName header. The Details sections has their monthly sales figures. In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget pe...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...