Sum of column #2

Hi

I have a worksheet containing 25 columns

In the column A I have categories and the other columns B to Z
represent periods

Looks like this

PLB  1  2  3  1  2  2  2  3 ..................
ADD  3  4  2  4  1  5  6  4  ..................
AVL  2  1  4  2  3  7  1  4 ...................
PLB  2  3  2  1  5  2  4  3 .....................

I am looking for a formula that will add each columns for the same
Categorie

So the result for the categorie PLB should be 1+2+3+1+2+2+2+3 (first
row) + 2+3+2+1+5+2+4+3 (last row) = total = 38

ADD = 29
AVL = 24

thanks for helping
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5="PLB")*B2:Z5)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

<jeanulrich00@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a worksheet containing 25 columns
>
> In the column A I have categories and the other columns B to Z
> represent periods
>
> Looks like this
>
> PLB  1  2  3  1  2  2  2  3 ..................
> ADD  3  4  2  4  1  5  6  4  ..................
> AVL  2  1  4  2  3  7  1  4 ...................
> PLB  2  3  2  1  5  2  4  3 .....................
>
> I am looking for a formula that will add each columns for the same
> Categorie
>
> So the result for the categorie PLB should be 1+2+3+1+2+2+2+3 (first
> row) + 2+3+2+1+5+2+4+3 (last row) = total = 38
>
> ADD = 29
> AVL = 24
>
> thanks for helping

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Calendars #2
Schedule of Events is visible but not avtive on a Calendar. How do you make of use of a schedule and activate it in a Calendar. ...

How to perform sum sum sum...

POS 2.0 to RMS 2.0 migration
Are there any tools out there (upgrade programs, SQL Scripts, KnowledgeBase articles) whch will allow a POS 2.0 system (not POS2009) to be migrated to RMS 2.0? Can't go into the details, but we have someone who is currently running POS 2.0 at three separate locations and may want to move to RMS and bring these disparate locations under the Headquarters umbrella. -- Bill Yater Blue Horseshoe Solutions byater@bhsolutions.com None that I have seen, Best option export everything to a CSV, and say goodbye to sales history. I am sure there is someone that could move all the info for y...

Log-log charts #2
Hi, I'm using Excel 2002 and am trying to create a simple log-log plot. Making the y-axis logarithmic is easy - it's a check-box option under Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog. But for the X axis the dialog does not have that option. My XY data is valid (all positive values). There's web sites that say you can do this (e.g. http://cstl-cst.semo.edu/venezian/Utilities/graphs.htm). Why doesn't my Excel support it??? Any help is appreciated. Walt Hi Walt, Sounds like your chart maybe a line chart (x-axis is category) instead of true xy scatter. Right click the chart...

Summing up user defined results

Not Auto-forwarding Spam Filtered by SpamBayes #2
I'm using SpamBayes on Outlook 2000 for Exchange Server. I have set an auto-forwarding rule. Currently this rule forwards all the messages including Certain Spam and Possible Spam messages as identified by SpamBayes to another e-mail address. I would, however, like to modify this rule such that Certain Spam will not be forwarded. Is there a way? ...

sum subform to form

Share Workbooks and Comments #2
Can anyone help me with this one... I have a simple spreadsheet which is shared and resides on a server. Apprx 6 people access and modify the sheet and save their modifications back to the server. No 2 people ever change the same cell so there are never any conflicts. The problem I have is that often the comments in a cell do not upload to the server. The user is unaware of this util he closes and re-opens the workbook to find that all of his changes have been saved but none of his comments. I have been getting the users to make their own copy at the end of the day and if they e-mail that c...

How to Combine Data from Several Columns?
Hi Everyone I have attached a file which contains what I need to resolve Basically, I need to combine the data in several columns together int one column. Is there a way I can do it with formulas or vb code? would really appreciate if any experts out there can help me. Thanks and Regards Kelvi Attachment filename: book1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46105 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kelvin! Probably the answer will be something like: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 ...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

variable allocation accounts #2
i want to setup and use variable allocation accounts for my company and on the help menu it says to go to cards>>financial>>variable allocation.... but i don't have that option in cards>>financial... is it something seperate i have to buy or a security setting or...???? thanks for you help! Josh, it's standard functionality in GP. Probably a security setting needs be changed so you can see it on the menu. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL ...

yahoo! #2
recently i heard, that free yahoo uswers can configure their account via outlook. many users seems to have achieved it, while i tried with the instructions, it seems to give some errors! Following are the instructions: 1.. Select Tools -> Email accounts from the main menu 2.. Select Add a new email account and click o�n Next 3.. Select POP3 as the Server Type. Click Next 4.. Enter your username and full Yahoo! email address under 'User Information' 5.. Enter your Yahoo! Login id and password under 'Logon Information' 6.. Enter 'localhost' as your Incomi...

Macro Not Working #2
Guys, many thanks for your help and suggestion my Macro now working. Having said that the same code works on my home PC but for some strang reason not on my Works PC - very Odd !! Thanks again Rob ; -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26381 ...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

Administrative Groups #2
I have two Administrative Groups in my Exchange OU, one called First Administrative Group which was created when I installed Exchange 2003 Server and then the Support Administrative Group which I created when I had to re-install Exchange 2003 Server. There is one Exchange Server in each group. The server that is in the First Administrative Group is on another part of campus and I do not want it to have dominance over the other group. The server that is in the Support Administrative Group should be the controlling group. Is there such a thing as one having dominance over the other...serv...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Hyperlink to first blank cell in column?
(XL2007) Thanks to help from MVP Biff, I can return the row number of the first blank cell in a single-column named range using an array formula (http://tinyurl.com/qb689k). This is a dynamic range that will adjust as new items are added. I'm setting up a workbook in which I have a "Blank Master" sheet and a "Jobs List" sheet. The "Master" sheet will be copied and renamed for each month. I'd like to have a hyperlink on the "Master" sheet that will carry over to each new copied sheet that would take the user to the first blank cell in the JOB...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Auto Sort #2
I was wandering if it is possible to sort a group automatically so tha every time the data changes it automatically sorts by a certai column? I want to auto sort a table (A2:H12) by column H is this possible ?? Many Thanks Ben -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Benn, On the sheet that you want this to happen.... Right click on the sheet tab and select "View Code" Then copy and paste the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("H2:H12")) Is Nothing Then Range("A2").Select ...

CRM 1.2 exam for customers
Is certification available for customers or is this only available for partners. I've read many of these postings in regards to the exam and many people mentioned getting the study material straight from Microsft rather than take the courses...how would a customer go about getting the study material? Thanks Yes, starting July 1, 2004, customers will be able to take a Microsoft Business Solutions exam at Pearson VUE or Prometric testing centers. "Jen Selmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb2901c4390d$f3ef7090$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Adding News to Outlook #2
I want to add News to Outlook. The help says to click go, but under go there is no NEWS listed. I also don't have Outlook Express, just news. Thanks in advance. Beach Runner <Bob4Health@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to add News to Outlook. Outlook doesn't do news on its own. By default, it uses Outlook Express as its newsreader, but there are commercial add-ins you can buy that will add NNTP client capability to Outlook. > The help says to click go, but under > go there is no NEWS listed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm > I also don't have Ou...

Problems removing reoccuring appointments in calendar #2
I have one user that cannot delete reoccuring appointments. He tries to delete one instance and it will not remove. He is running Outlook 2003 on Exchange Win 2000 server. Any ideas???? ...

Transfer inventory in #2
Hello, Its possible to import data from a mobile scanner in a Physical Inventory count. But is it also possible to do that in an Transfer inventory in or Purchase order, without a outgoing transfer or purchase order? One of my clients asked for this, because he receives many products without an order. And don't wan't to fill it in per hand. Hope somebody can help me. Kind regards. Raymond Bakker The Netherlands. Again, it went wrong again.. This post can be closed -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands "Raymond Bakker" wrote: > Hello, > ...