Subtotal In Excel 2007 Table

How do I use the Subtotal function with a Excel 2007 Table and not convert
it back to a range?

TIA

0
vals1 (10)
11/9/2009 9:58:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Subtotals by page
Is there any way of getting excel to generate subtotals by page? these should update automatically when pagination changes. ...

Rotate Excel Sheet
I am creating a planner and I have entered in all kinds of data but I now want to change the orientation by rotating the entire sheet counter clockwise and then rotate the text clockwise to be readable. I can only find how to rotate the text/data but not the sheet. I'm running 2002 software from the neanderthal era. any hints. I'm guessing it can't be done as I have not found anything related to this on any discussion pages thus far. -- Thank you for you help, Michael NoNOTooMuch Hi Michael Copy the data from your existing sheet. Move to another sheet>Paste Special>Tra...

excel save as *.prn
I work with Windows 2000 and office 2000. When I want to save as, I don't have the choice *.prn in file type. File>Print>Print to File. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "lmartinbdg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7f01c39717$bdc879a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I work with Windows 2000 and office 2000. > When I want to save as, I don't have the choice *.prn in > file type. I don't think that this'll do what the OP wants. This includes all the formatting codes that would get sent to ...

Excel creates new TMP file at every save
In November 2005 two threads in this group discussed multiple TMP files that were being created, apparently by Excel, in the folder containing the original file. In the first thread, Dave Peterson and Wendy had a long and useful conversation, at the end of which Wendy reported that the problem vanished when she cleared the "Scan on Close" box in her AVG Free Resident Shield. She would have been using AVG 7.0 or 7.1 at that time and said that she would report in writing to AVG. I'm now experiencing the apparently identical problem in Office 2000. I'm using AVG Free 7.5, but...

Drop down menus in EXCEL
Any experts out there who can help with drop down menus in EXCEL? I have a fairly major project to complete over the next weekend and need some help. I am a semi competent EXCEL user but haven't used DDMs before. Basically I need to 1. Offer a selection of comments via 3 or 4 drop down menus (can you choose more than one option from each?), 2. Collate the responses in a worksheet, 3. Export the replies to a table in WORD. Any guidance or support very much appreciated, B Hi just to get you started: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html and also search Debra's e...

Filter Subtotal
Is it possible to filter out a subtotal row? If I have a matrix as follows, is there a way to remove the Subtotal3 row/line? Total Labor 75.00 Overhead 50.00 Subtotal1 125.00 Training 50.00 Travel 50.00 Subtotal2 100.00 G&A 75.00 Subtotal3 75.00 <<---remove? Total All 300.00 Hopefully this came out right, sorry if it did not. Is there a way to attach an image? You can do the row visibiliy to false, You need to have an appropriate expression set he...

Filtering Rows in Excel?
Hi I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. As I understand it the filter functions on Excel are specific to columns. Any suggestions appreciated. Peter You could Transpose to Columns. If you have fewer than 256 rows to filter in this manner, you could: Copy the range to filter. Go to a new sheet. Edit | Paste Special | Transpose Then, you will have Columns instead of rows, and you can use the AutoFilter. tj "Peter W" wrote: > Hi > I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. > > As I understand it the fil...

Decision Trees in excel
Help! How do I make decision trees in Excel? I know it's possible but can't find it anywhere. Thanks... That's not much info to work with, so you get a very generic answer: =IF(condition,result if true, result if false) condition can be something like A1<50 result can be a value or a formula (including another IF() function) I hope this helps. Post specifics with your questions, and you will get better answers. "Dani" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077b01c3b6eb$979aa4d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Help! How do I make decisio...

Excel Variable Save Name problem
I have written a program for work that is basically a daily cash u spreadsheet, however I would like to save each days report as a backup Ideally I would like to save the worksheet as that days date by us of a command button/macro to reduce the chance of user erro( ie savin under wrong name) The date is on the worksheet, but I can't figure ou a way to use a range as a save name. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lippa73 One way to save a copy in C:\ with a date/time stamp Sub test() Dim strdate As ...

Print preview in Excel #2
This may be a simple question, I hope. How do you print preview in color? I can display color in Word documents, but not in Excel. Thanks File/Page Setup. In the Sheet tab, uncheck the "Black and white" checkbox. In article <1484401c3f981$086b6820$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "julie39@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This may be a simple question, I hope. How do you print > preview in color? I can display color in Word documents, > but not in Excel. > > Thanks > It is already unchecked. Any other suggestions...

Hyperlinks are not maintained when exporting from Excel to PDF
Office XP Pro, Windows XP Pro, Acrobat 7 Pro I've looked in every dialog box there is for Excel, Acrobat, Distiller, AcrobatPDF Maker, no settings regarding maintaining hyperlinks. I cannot get hyperlinks to work in the exported PDF document. Recreating them by hand is not an option. I should add that I am attaching a hyperlink to an imported JPG image. It works fine in Excel 2003 - I'm linking to a PDF document that is stored on our webserver with a fully-qualified http:// URL. When I export to PDF, the JPG thumbnails have no link, and when I choose (In Acrobat Pro 7) 'Adv...

Subtotals?
On the Account List page I wish there were sub-totals under Favorite Accounts and Other Accounts. Anyone know of a setting or hack to do this? Future functionality? ...

Is there a way to insert footnotes in Excel?
I need to know if there is a way to add footnotes to an Excel spreadsheet? My guess is thatr there is not. Thanks. Hi your guess is correct. you could insert a comment ('Insert - Comment') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Knocka" <Knocka@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1E1D6C1-AD5E-4AEE-8F16-2234B82A88DD@microsoft.com... > I need to know if there is a way to add footnotes to an Excel spreadsheet? > My guess is thatr there is not. Thanks. You could add a footer line in a printed worksheet to include you footnotes. This w...

is there an Excel table available?
My maths isn't up to this! I'm hoping there is a pre-defined Excel table in existence already - if so, please point me to where I can download? For a range of Annual Percentage Rates (APR) - between say 3% and 8%, the AER rates for interest paid monthly (and the daily rates by month, as interest is allegedly calculated daily). Intention is to track progress/total of various cash investments. Some are annual deposits, capital increased annually, others are "ad hoc" deposits with spasmodic capital injections, interest accrued daily, credited monthly. It's the latter...

Rename Excel Worksheet
Hi, I have 4 Excel files that are created on a regular basis. Each file has one worksheet. I need to find an automated method (VB Script?) that will simply rename the worksheets within the files to the name of the file. For Example, if I have a File1.xls with Sheet1 in it, script will simply rename the Sheet1 to File1 or File1.xls. I need to do this to all my 4 files on a regular basis so I will simply schedule this script. I need this method outside excel so that it is portable. If I need to have either Excel or Excel viewer, it is ok as well. Thank you. Hello, The code below sh...

Not able to unhide sheet in Excel 2002
I used Format>Hide>Worksheet in Excel 2002 file. Now I am using Excel 2007 but when I tried to unhie the worksheet, the Unhide option is disabled. Please help. K H Puah goto vba editor (ALT+F11) paste the below code and press F5 OR run through macro Sub UnHideHiddenSheets() For Each Sht In ACtiveworkbook.Worksheets Sht.Visible = xlSheetVisible Next Sht End Sub -kc *Click YES if this works "K H Puah" wrote: > I used Format>Hide>Worksheet in Excel 2002 file. Now I am using Excel 2007 > but when I tried to unhie the worksheet, t...

excel #102
how do i get to type two lines or more of text in one cell turn on wrap text under format>cells>alignment or press alt + enter Regards, Peo Sjoblom "art" wrote: > how do i get to type two lines or more of text in one cell Hi use aLT+ENTER for linebreaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany art wrote: > how do i get to type two lines or more of text in one cell ...

Multiple Totals Columns in a Pivot Table
Hi. I've built a pivot table, and get totals values displayed as expected. In this case, it's a count of records. But I also want to see values for several expressions involving select categories. For example: Status ______ Location | Total Number of Records | Total of Status1 / Total Number of Records Is this possible? Thanks. Danny There is a method for generating multiple values but it looks at only the values related to the current Column Heading. For instance if you wanted both...

How Do I open an excel file without Excel Viewer support
I am unable to open an excel file into regular XP Excel 2002. Instead it opens using Excel Viewer. Also, even if the file which was sent to me was/is an excel viewer file, How do I get this file open in regular XP Excel 2002 SP3.? Note, I did not installed Excel Viewer. The file opens using Excel Viewer. Are there anyone out there who have had this experience/problem and know of a solution? If so, could you Please let me know. Thanks in Advance Open Windows Explorer. Find an *.XLS file and select it. Right-click and "Open With". Find Excel in the dialog box and select it...

Order/Invoice Work and History tables
We use the Scribe Great Plains adapter to pass in and process orders and invoices. Off and on we have failures for one reason or another when passing the transactions. My question is: when are the SOPTYPE 2 [orders] moved from the SOP10100 & SOP10200 work tables to the SOP30200 & SOP30300 History tables? In our case we have ended up with some order transaction records still in the work tables after the corresponding invoices have processed through and been posted. I assume that the order should be in history if it has already been invoiced. I would like to know which records should...

Excel Sort Problem
Created a query using the Lawson Software Excel Add-In. Received all data on my Excel worksheet. Used Excel Sort. After sort data records are missing. I am using Excel 2000. Thank you. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does the add-in have anything to do with the problem, because it sounds like that was something you did before sorting and having a problem. Are rows missing after the sort or are the records jumbled after sorting. Before sorting you have to select the entire rows to be sorted to keep the associated data with your sorted columns. For most sorting yo...

The reports assistant only list the first field of any table
Hi everybody. I have installed access 2003 in a machine running windows XP, and I have a problem with the report and forms assistant. It only lists the first field of any table I choose to be reported, so I cannot use it for my reports or forms. I have instaled SP2 for WinXP, and I have also tried to uninstall it. Is there any SP or something that I am missing? Thanks a lot in advance! Nacho -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Is your form and report wizards not working? To try to reso...

Excel formulars
Hi, Can some one please help me? Is there a formular that will take the info off cell b6 sheet 1 and put it into cell e8 sheet 2? Hi, put this in E8 sheet 2 =Sheet1!B6 Mike "Matthew_weinberg" wrote: > Hi, > Can some one please help me? > Is there a formular that will take the info off cell b6 sheet 1 and put it > into cell e8 sheet 2? Do like Mike H said. If the sheet name that you're referencing has any spaces in its name (as 'Sheet 1' instead of 'Sheet1') then enclose the sheet name in the formula with single quote marks as: =...

opened Excel w/sheet from email attachment, updated, saved & cant
I emailed an Excel worksheet from my office to my home - opened it from my Outlook Express folder - updated file extensively - saved several times during the four hours I worked - closed & now can't find the updated file. I forgot I had opened it from the email and never saved it to my C drive. However, I saved it several times while I was working on it. Shouldn't the file in my email be the updated saved file? It's not and I can't find it anywhere. I believe this happened once before to me. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I've lost a lot of work if the file...