Storing Data in Microsoft Excel

Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some
data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a
macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next
day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it
all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it
doesn't override it)

I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something
in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that
could help that would be brilliant

All the best

Ben Jones

Benjamin Jones

0
bpjones (1)
5/9/2005 4:35:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This will copy from your source sheet a8:c to the last row the values to the
destination sheet

Sub copydaily()
With Sheets("sourcesheet")
x = .Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Row
y = Sheets("destination").Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Row
Sheets("destination").Range("a" & y & ":c" & y + x - 8).Value _
= .Range("a8:c" & x).Value
End With
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Ben Jones" <bpjones@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some
> data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a
> macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next
> day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it
> all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it
> doesn't override it)
>
> I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something
> in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that
> could help that would be brilliant
>
> All the best
>
> Ben Jones

> Benjamin Jones

0
Don

Excel Chart with equal length axis
Is it possible to create a chart that is square? i.e. the length of the x axis is equal to the length of the y axis and be centered in landscape? Hi, I this you are going to need VBA code to do this. This example uses the smallest length to square the chart to. '-------------------------------------- Sub Squareplot() Application.ScreenUpdating = False With ActiveChart If .PlotArea.InsideHeight > .PlotArea.InsideWidth Then Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < .PlotArea.InsideHeight .PlotArea.Height = .PlotArea.Height - 1 L...

OleDb consumer where is my data source
I have generated an OleDB provider from MS VC++ 7 ATL templates. I have modified this using Lon Fishers tutorial! (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvc60/htm l/msdn_vc6oledbprov.asp) However when I come to generating a consumer (using MS VC++ 7 ATL templates) to test the provider, I get stuck. Lon's article talks how to generate consumers using VC++6 ATL. In VC++7 the wizard requires you to specify a data source. This is the part I am unsure about as I cannot seem to fine a data source for the provider as it reads from text files? Any suggestions??? Th...

Excel macro !!
Hi all. I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few cells from my source worksheet and paste their link ...not teh HYPERLINK.....to another worksheet. Also, the destination worksheet's cell number where this is pasted is not fixed. How do I accomplish this? Please help urgently. Thanks. Edit=>PasteSpecial Click the Paste Link button. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "SPG" <not@noreply.com> wrote in message news:uJOnCdrLEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few > ...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Image in Excel File is not getting copied
In a Excel File I have inserted one Image from Insert --> Picture --> Form File ... Now when programatically I use System.IO.File.Copy(srcFile, destFile) and make a copy of this excel file, then all the data in Excel File is copied but that image which I inserted is not shown in the destination file. What is the problem here? Thanks, Ashish ...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Mailbox Data
I have 2 mailboxes. One of them is fairly new and has a different last name. I had the old account forward all new emails to the new account, but how do I move the mailbox data from the old account to the new one? Is there a tool I can use, or maybe I can just move the files? Please help. Robert 2 ways... 1. Open old account, copy all the mail to PST file. Then open new account, copy from PST file back into the mailbox 2. Use Exmerge. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post ...

Writing data back to main form
I have a form that pops up when a certain value is selected in an Option Group on my main form. The user enters free from data in an unbound box on the popup form, then submits the "comment" through a background macro. The macro should write the "comment" back to the main form via a SetValue command, however, the macro is halted because it can't find the original form, which has remained open. Is SetValue the correct command to use in the macro? ...

excel list
want to put a guest list in alphabetical order by last name in column A. i.e. Mrs. John Doe.. Try this formula in B1 and fill down. Then sort on column B: =MID(A1,FIND("#",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","#",LEN(A1)-LEN (SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))+1,255) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >want to put a guest list in alphabetical order by last >name in column A. i.e. Mrs. John Doe.. >. > ...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

changing thwe width of data labels?
I have a horizontal bar chart with labels on each bar. They are positioned in the centre of the bar. The labels are quite long e.g. 'Marks for the analysis stage of the project', but would easily fit inside a bar. The trouble is, Excel insists on wrapping the text into a smaller rectangle so some labels are on two or even three lines and overlap the top and bottom of the bar. Can I change the width of the data label box so that the text will fit on one line? Howard Howard - Unfortunately, Excel doesn't allow you to change the size of a data label (or a chart title or ...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Excel #64
I have an excel file that, when opened, nothing shows up, but when I click on print preview the file shows there. Not sure if this happens on all excel files. This is Office 2000 SP3. Any Ideas? >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file that, when opened, nothing shows up, >but when I click on print preview the file shows there. >Not sure if this happens on all excel files. This is >Office 2000 SP3. Any Ideas? >. >Had this happen the other day to one of our users. The cells had been formatted with the print white. When I changed it to black, ever...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

0how do I display wide range of data e.g. with data from 195 to 2.
I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the same chart Maybe, with a log scale? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <FF07154A-B77E-4F66-9694-1D8240B48B82@microsoft.com>, YSL@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the > same chart > > ...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Excel Worksheet manipulation
How do you keep related data on multiple worksheets in order when you sort the top worksheet I don't use formulas like: =sheet1!a1 in those other sheets. I try to find a unique key field (column) and populate those other worksheets with the same keys (just copy|paste--not formulas). Then I use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to return the values corresponding to those unique keys. You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup()) and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match())) aces2 wrote: > &g...

merge multilple data values
How do I merge multilple data values ie: in columns js1234 to .jpg to read: js1234.jpg Thanks Jennifer, You can combine two cells with a formula like =A1&B1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wrote in message news:h3rpb.294$Ux1.162@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... > How do I merge multilple data values ie: > in columns > js1234 to .jpg > to read: js1234.jpg > > Thanks > > ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Excell not asking to allow macro's
I have a user who has set macro security to medium so that he is prompted when a workbook contains macros in it. However, now the computer is not prompting him to allow macros, and the workbook is not opening. This is only if the user double clicks the file, if he starts excel and then opens the file with excel, he is prompted to enable the macros. Anyone have any thoughts on how to change this or do I have to re-install excel? Nathan, I think the problem is that the workbook isn't opening; this doesn't sound like a macro security issue. Before you reinstall Excel, which s...

Passing data between view and dialog
Hi, I need help on the passing of data between a view and a dialog. My problem definition is as follows. I have a view class which is derived from the CView class.In this view class i have a list of bytes arranged in rows and columns.When i select a single byte or a group of bytes and select edit option it opens up a new dialog box.The new dialog box contains the same data as that of the view arranged in rows and columns.The problem is i want to highlight the selected items in the new dialog box that were selected in the view class. Can anybody help me on this. Regards Arun Have a method...

Error Message with Data Validation
I have setup data validation on a cell to force the user to choose from a drop down list of words. How can I make the data validation function put up an error message if the user picks one of the choices on the list and there happens to be no date entered in another totally different cell under another column (this other cell I'm referring to does not have any data validation setup for it)? - Chet You can't get an error message since it is not an error in your data validation, you could use a cell next to the validation and use a formula there and have that formula return a me...

Batch Converting Lotus 123 to Excel
Does anyone know of any batch convertion applications that would convert Lotus 123 spreadsheets to Excel? I have a lot of them to convert and don't want to do them one at a time. Thanks Hi not tested but have a look at www.dataviz.com -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tedd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:343b01c4abb1$1dcf9140$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of any batch convertion applications that > would convert Lotus 123 spreadsheets to Excel? > > I have a lot of them to convert and don't want to ...

text and data in same cell
can u put a formula and text in the same cel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yes - through concatenation. =string&TEXT(value,format) or =TEXT(value,format)& string, or any combination string and value can be cell references. You might want stick a &" "& in the middle for separation. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >can u put a formula and text in the same cell > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > im not quite following this can u put it in terms a 3 year old ma understa...

is it possible to insert chcekboxes in an excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to track the status of jobs using an excel spreadsheet, and I'm looking for an easy way to select between several options I've placed in the spreadsheet. It would be great if I can use checkboxes so that users can highlight as many options as relevant, but I'm not sure if this is possible. Does anyone know how to do this? And if not can anyone offer another solution?? Thanks Check out the Forms toolbar - there is a check box in that. (View, toolbar, forms) Hope this helps, Carole "analiese f" wrote: > I am trying to track the status of jobs using ...