stop update link messages

I have a workbook I received (via email) from someone we buy from, I take
that workbook and edit it to be able to send individual sheets to my
customers.  Problem is, original workbook creator has links from other
workbooks on his machine  When I open the workbook it asks me do I want to
update the links.  Well I couldn't if I wanted to because I don't have the
workbooks its asking about.  How do I get rid of these warnings.  I want to
email my individual worksheets to my customers but I don't want them to see
this Update message when it doesn't pertain to them (it's very frustrating).

Any help suggestions would be great.

Thanks in Advance!

--

Kathy F
Milwaukee, WI

0
kathy (5)
12/15/2004 4:36:45 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
one way:
- copy the cells containing these links
- use 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' to replace these formulas with their
values

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Kathy@nospam.com wrote:
> I have a workbook I received (via email) from someone we buy from, I
> take that workbook and edit it to be able to send individual sheets
> to my customers.  Problem is, original workbook creator has links
> from other workbooks on his machine  When I open the workbook it asks
> me do I want to update the links.  Well I couldn't if I wanted to
> because I don't have the workbooks its asking about.  How do I get
> rid of these warnings.  I want to email my individual worksheets to
> my customers but I don't want them to see this Update message when it
> doesn't pertain to them (it's very frustrating).
> Any help suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks in Advance!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/15/2004 4:39:28 PM
Hi Kathy

> email my individual worksheets to my customers but I don't want them to see this Update message when it doesn't pertain to them
> (it's very frustrating).

Use my SendMail addin to mail, there is a option to make values of your formulas
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Kathy@nospam.com" <kathy@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uZu8$Qs4EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I have a workbook I received (via email) from someone we buy from, I take that workbook and edit it to be able to send individual
>sheets to my customers.  Problem is, original workbook creator has links from other workbooks on his machine  When I open the
>workbook it asks me do I want to update the links.  Well I couldn't if I wanted to because I don't have the workbooks its asking
>about.  How do I get rid of these warnings.  I want to email my individual worksheets to my customers but I don't want them to see
>this Update message when it doesn't pertain to them (it's very frustrating).
>
> Any help suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>
> --
>

> Kathy F
> Milwaukee, WI

0
rondebruin (3789)

Graphs in Other Files do not Update
Hi, I have a main file with graph (AP.xls) and several sub files with graphs that are linked to the main AP.xls file. The columns of the main file are in months and I often have to add new columns for a new month. I find that if I add new columns using copy => Insert copied cells (the column is inserted to the left of the column being copied), the graph within the AP.xls files is updated with the new column/month. HOWEVER, when i open the other sub files, they aren't updated. HOWEVER, if the sub files are opened together with the main AP.xls file, and I insert the new column, t...

UPDATE and SET w/ CAST (String Replace)
I have a text field column in SQL 2005 that contains HTML code. I would like to update certain references in this HTML code throughout, but am having problems. I know that I can't do a string replace with the text data type, which is why I would like to cast it as nvarchar(max). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. UPDATE HTML SET (Cast(HTMLData as nvarchar(max)) = REPLACE(HTMLData,'detail.cfm','detail.do') WHERE HTMLData like '%detail.cfm%' "Daniel Reardon" <danreardon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184770539.845716.315320@z24g2000prh.g...

Sorting by unread messages
In Outlook 2002, when I go to View, Current View, and choose by unread messages it is supposed to only show me the unread messages in my inbox. Instead I may get a few of them but not all of them, and sometimes none. Can this be fixed? Have you tried resetting the Unread Messages view? View | Current View | Define Views, select Unread Messages and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:bad601c479b1$ff8b0650$a301280a@phx.gbl, Jason wrot...

update a date cell only when worksheet is edited
Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you This might help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards Rowan Joe Black wrote: > Hi. is there a function that updates the date cell automatically only when > the worksheet is edited or something to that effect. thank you ...

stops responding

Outlook 2000 delete message
I am having trouble deleteing a message in Outlook 2000. The message is pending in the outbox, and will not be deleted. The message has an attachment, and the address is incorrect. When I try to delete or move to the deleted folder, nothing happens. If I try to open the message, I get an error message saying the MAPI-spooler has already started the transfer of the message. (The message will print) This message is blocking the send/receive function, and I am unable to use Outlook. I have tried to uninstall Outlook, but the message reappears after reinstalling. Please help, any sugg...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Update attribute using ldp
Hi There, I have written an ldf script which creates few custom attributes and an auxilliary class which contains these custom attributes. Also this auxilliary class is part of Users and OrganizationalUnit classes. Now I want to update the values to the custom attributes. How do I do it using ldp? I can set values for the inbuilt attrbutes without any issues, however when I try to set the values for the custom attributes I get below error, Error 0x20B5 The name reference is invalid. Please advise. Thanks, Suresh -- sureshpalani ----------------------------...

recipient policy stopped working

IMAP & Segmented Messages
Greetings, When a broken apart message is retrieved in a POP account it is combined on the fly. This does not happen in an IMAP folder. How does one combine such a message? Thanks in advance for the help -- KGNSheppard KGNSheppard <KGNSheppard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When a broken apart message is retrieved in a POP account it is > combined on the fly. As far as I know, Outlook doesn't do this. I've never seen it automatically combine multipart messages. -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" wrote: > KGNSheppard <KGNSheppard@discussion...

Code not moving through messages
The code below archives my messages into a local folder. What I want to do is to have each message stamped with an 'Archived' noted so I know it has already been done and have the code skip that message. The problem I am having is that the 'Archived to" string is only inserted into the message body that I have selected when I exectute the code. If I have no messages select, none of them are altered. The messages save ok, but what am I missing that keeps the itm.Body from being updated? Sub SaveMessages() Dim OL As Application Dim NmeSpace As NameSpa...

Online updates only working with credit accounts?
I have been struggling to get my account set up with automatic updates in money 2006. I have set it up successfully for 2 credit card accounts. But, when I set up brokerage accounts, they appear to connect to my accounts but then say $0 (this occurred with 3 accounts: Etrade, Fidelity, anad Vanguard). I searched the help/ user guides but found nothing about this problem. My bank (Citizen's Bank) apparently does not allow for automatic updates. I checked to see if Citizen's bank was on the financial institution list before I downloaded the software, and it was, so I feel like...

Outlook 2003, can not open email messages after upgrade.
I have an XP Pro workstation with Office XP that I upgraded to Office 2003. When the upgrade was complete and Outlook is opened, none of the email messages will open when double clicked. Also nothing shows in the reading pane when you select a message. The error I receive suggests that Windows is out of memory and that I should close programs and then try again. The PC has 512MB of RAM and no other programs are open. This behavior occurs even if I uninstall Office XP first and then cleanly install 2003. Updating the installation with the latest patches does nothing to fix thi...

BEFORE UPDATE EVENT
Hi, I am very fascinated with the control one can have over what goes in by the use of the BEFORE UPDATE EVENT of a control on a form or the form itself. Unfortunately, I do not have the proper knowledge of how to use the procedure so that I do not get error messages when I am entering data. Can anyone recommend a good article I can read to get my feet wet? -- Glint On Oct 30, 11:34 am, Glint <Gl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am very fascinated with the control one can have over what goes in by the > use of the BEFORE UPDATE EVENT of a control on a form or...

update query for continous form
Hello, with the following code i am trying to uncheck a box on my continous form as it's closing and this does not work. my recordsource is ProdHistory and in that table the record that i need to disselect everytime the form closes is Select. can anyone help? Private Sub Form_Close() DoCmd.SetWarnings False If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False 'Save first. strSQL = "UPDATE ProdHistory SET Select = false " & _ "WHERE Select = true;" DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL Me.requery DoCmd.SetWarnings True End Sub Will wrote: >with the follo...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

I would Like to Receive the Windows Update Services for my Account
Thanks for your service... I would like to receive the Windows Updates for this acco unt at any time; please, take note about it. Thanks. -- FCAMPBELL01 Signatureship: ix/lc=1030 wcfla/lc=xxx-xx60310. fset/lc=xxx-xx25377. FCAMPBELL01 wrote: > Thanks for your service... I would like to receive the Windows > Updates for this acco > unt at any time; please, take note about it. I have taken note. Many others that are your peers likely will as well. However - I would bet the question would be, "Why should we care?" This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup - a foru...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

calender updates
Any suggestions as to how I can update the calender in outlook 2002 xp to show bank holidays for years 2007/8/9pls ??? Thx Dale Dale <nothere@blueyon.com> wrote: > Any suggestions as to how I can update the calender in outlook 2002 > xp to show bank holidays for years 2007/8/9pls ??? See if this helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Update dynamicly a query field formula
Hi All,Is it possible to update a query formula by vba code?for now i found a solution by just building a dynamic query,but iprefer to have an option to update just one field with new formulafrom time to time,is it posible?...

Unable to update free/busy data
A user received the following error message when using the calendar feature: "unable to update free/busy data. Operation failed." According to microsoft knowledge base there is a fix they have been testing. Does anyone know if this fix costs anything or if there is another workaround this error message." ...