Stock Quotes (FAQ?)

Interested in pulling in end-of-day stock qoutes for 15 - 20 stocks.  I used
to use the MSN Money Central add in, but it is apparently is no longer
available.  I'd like to be able to code it myself, (or at least be able to
browse the source) but I need to get pointed in the right direction.

Maybe in a FAQ list somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions,

JA

0
jadcock (1)
10/19/2010 9:13:49 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you Google "yahoo stock data excel" you will find lots of links to do
what you want.

A few years back I modified a Yahoo USA file to download stock data (20
min delay) from the Yahoo Australian site and it works very nicely.

I hope this helps?
Charlie.

Johnny wrote:
> Interested in pulling in end-of-day stock qoutes for 15 - 20 stocks.  I used
> to use the MSN Money Central add in, but it is apparently is no longer
> available.  I'd like to be able to code it myself, (or at least be able to
> browse the source) but I need to get pointed in the right direction.
>
> Maybe in a FAQ list somewhere?
>
> Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions,
>
> JA

0
cbcb (5)
10/25/2010 11:06:06 PM
On 10/19/2010 5:13 PM, Johnny wrote:
> Interested in pulling in end-of-day stock qoutes for 15 - 20 stocks.

have what you're looking for.
0
fwkirk (5)

Where can I find the file ABC Sales.xls used in the Book "Running.
I have just purchased "Running Microsoft Excel2000". It gives me an address to where I can get the files used in the examples, I just can't find them. The address given is http://mspress.microsoft.com/mspress/products/2050. I would appreciate any help you can give me. camper56 wrote: || I have just purchased "Running Microsoft Excel2000". It gives me an || address to where I can get the files used in the examples, I just || can't find them. The address given is || http://mspress.microsoft.com/mspress/products/2050. I would || appreciate any help you can give me....

Remove/delete "Newsgroups"
While attempting to download a "few" Exchange related newsgroups to my Exchange 2000 Server, I somehow managed to get a few thousand entries in the "Newsgroups" container under SERVER >NNTP >Default NNTP Virtual Server. This was not the desired effect. I've found and included information below from a previous post, but the solution is not correct. The suggested solution is to remove the "Feed", which I have done, but that does not remove all of the entries in the "Newsgoups" container. How can I delete all those entries without selecting and ...

"Look for" option not available
For some reason, when I start outlook 2002 and select contacts, the "Look for" option is not available and outlook is accessing the internet instead. Very strange. This is happening since I installed a "Free" pupup blocker. I have since uninstalled it but I still have the outlook problem. ...

Updating stocks
After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stocks both still exist and Yahoo updates them instantly. What do I have to do to get 2003 to resume updating? Thanks in advance. -- SFF Which Stocks? What are the symbols you're using? Does MSN Money (http://money.msn.com) recognize them? -Mark "igorx" <igorx@cox.net> wrote in message news:Y1Btb.1320$vJ6.226@fed1read05... > After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating > 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stoc...

Hyperlink shown as {hyperlink :[mailto:[mailto:abc@xyzco.com]"}
Hello- Something lately changed in my settings in Outlook 2002, while using MS word as an email editor. The hyperlink, is now seen as in the subject, instead of a real hyperlink with the link. Does anybody know how to change the setting back. Thanks. ...

Replace " and ' with in. and ft.
I have the following in my query: PART: Replace(Replace(Replace([bm_Data]![PART DESCRIPTION],",","*"),"'","ft. ")," " ","in. ") I keep getting an error of an invalid syntax. I'm trying to replace "," with *, the symbols for " in. and 'ft with the abbrev. and not the symbols. "2Blessed4Stress" <2Blessed4Stress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66392AA7-E1B6-4FCD-94E5-012B05D3EFE9@microsoft.com... >I have the following in my query: > PART: Replace(Replace(Replace...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Drawing Layer Objects "Dropping Out"
Sorry if this is a common question, I scanned through 18 pages of this newsgroup and didn't see anything that related to my question. Anyway, on to the question... I have a chart (obviously) that plots information for a team meeting. The presentation is fairly complex, the data is plotted on both axis, and there are several chart types supported on the chart. My problem is that we also do an automated assessment of the information and want the color coded "dashboard" to appear on the graph in the drawing layer. The dashboard is comprised of several named text objects ...

"Interface not registered" and "OLE registration error"
When I try to send email from Outlook 2003 using Word 2003 as my HTML email editor, I get an "Interface not registered" error message. Also, when I try to reply to email where Word 2003 is the editor, I get the following error message: "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is not available, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." I notice that the versions are slightly d...

Graphing A Time Series OF Stocks
My data looks like so: Stock TradePrice TradeVolume ExecutionDateTime EFG 5.2 8 2:40:04 PM EFG 5.5 8 2:40:02 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.3 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM ABC 1.5 4 2:31:17 PM ABC 1.6 ...

SCHTask.exe returns "Failed to start" from SVR 2008
Hi, We have a number of 2003 servers which run lots of scheduled tasks around the clock. We also have some 2008 servers which do the same. We use SCHTask.exe from the 2008 servers, to query the scheduled tasks on the 2003 servers, and then look through the output of this query for errors, which is then used elsewhere to alert us that a scheduled task has failed on a given machine, and what the task is called. The problem we are having is that if a scheduled task runs sucessfully on a 2003 server, but has a NON ZERO return code, when SCHTask is run from a 2008 server and quer...

Stock commission is greater than proceeds of stock sale.
I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were -$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow negative proceeds of a stock sale. How should I record this sale? In microsoft.public.money, go3049 wrote: >I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds >were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were >-$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow >negative proceeds of a stock sale. ...

Stock Market Challenge
Hi, I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work I want to get the process fully automated. Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock marke data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is passwor protected. Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use th stock market data to adjust accordingly. I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how should go about setting it up? Many thanks, Mark -- mevett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mevetts...

Serializing "Type" class
Hi All, Was anybody able to serialize the "Type" class properly using XmlSerializer().... Want to serialize and deserialze the Type in a string form, but can this be done ? myobj.Type = typeof(System.String) as <type>System.String</type> thanks a ton. Maersa wrote: > Was anybody able to serialize the "Type" class properly using > XmlSerializer().... AFAIK that's impossible due to security reasons. -- Oleg Tkachenko XML Insider http://www.tkachenko.com/blog If all you want is the type name, can you use a buddy member that depends on the actua...

How to record a stock award
My company started giving out stock awards instead of stock options. How should these be recorded in Money (using 2004)? I have put it in as a stock option, when they "vest" they are sold and taxes are taken out. How do you record the transaction so that the taxes are shown as withheld? Thanks. Michelle ...

Can you merge a "Count" Crosstab with a "Money Sum" Crosstab?
Hello, I have created two critical queries. One counts how many times we did something and the other sums the money amounts for the same "counted" records. The common field between both crosstab queries is TeamName. I need a single report that shows Counts and Amounts. How can you merge both of these or is there a different way around this? Thanks. Iram Post the SQL of both crosstab queries by opening in design view, click on VIEW - SQL View, highlight all, copy, and paste in a post. -- Build a little, test a little. "Iram" wrote: > >...

Journaling for an "Individual Mailbox"
Hello, Is it possible to Enable Journaling for an Individual Mailbox only...I do not want to archive/journalise complete mailbox store...I want to do it only for on Mailbox. To clear more air - I would like track all outgoing and incoming message for one user in our network. We are using Exchange 2003 standard Ed. Is there any way to achieve this using some scritps/microsoft tools? Thanks & Regards Suraj Jadhav On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:31:05 -0700, "SunRace" <SunRace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is it possible to Enable Journaling for an Indi...

thick stock legal sized paper printing... How?
I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper... could anyone please advise how to do so? Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little trickier. Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C30D22B5-2907-4910-AF69-74E6945E1806@microsoft.com... >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper......

"Remember password" not available
Hello ! I am running XP pro SP3, OE 6, IE 7; my system language is Italian, but I hope that the problem will be understood anyway. I use OE 6 for my email, I have 3 accounts and all do the same. When I click Send/Receive I have a window asking for the password of the account, but I cannot flag "Remember password". In Account manager, the "Remeber password" has the same behaviour, it is not flaggable. Apart this, OE 6 is working OK. Any help ? Thanks in advance, Enrico (Chicchio) Pick whatever applies. For the OE logon password: Your ISP may be able to te...

Outlook 2003 "active" in passive mode
1) It seems that my outlook 2003 is "working" in passive mode... That is, after a while my harddrive suddenly starts chewing and I traced this activity to outlook. Question is: How do I configure outlook so that it doesn't gets a life of its own while I'm idling at the computer (my haddrive is fairly noisy so you can imagine what an annoyance this is). 2) Another, odd thing is that my "news reader" is gone. Just after I installed outlook 2003 I dragged the "news reader" from the toolmenu to the "Go to menu" but the next time I started O...

Open a file similar to using system("C:\\log.txt");
Hi, this might be something really easy to do but I don't know how to... Now I want to use c++ to execute this specific file on a specific location. Essencially this pice of code does the job, but the problem is that it leaves command prompt open... system("C:\\log.txt"); any suggestion? thanks.. Jonathan You might check out ShellExecute(). -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Medical-Fix" <fachero1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1156881318.395194.89260@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, this might be something re...

How do I put a blank value in a cell not using "" in a formula
Thanks in advance I have a row that that is sometimes blank or contains a number followed by a space and two letters eg. In cell A1 I have the value 456 CR In cell B1 I am using the formula =IF( ISBLANK(A1),0,(LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-3)*1)) to strip the space and two letters from the cell. I multiply (LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-3) by 1 to convert to a number from text. I am almost happy with the formula. I want the first part of the IF statement to evaluate to 0 if the field is blank but do not want to see the 0. If I use "" instead of 0 it is a text value again which causes nu...

How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?
I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. Please, advice me on how to get that service. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I > can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. > Please, advice me on how to get that service. > > Thanks, > > Walter There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various stock market tricks. You can find it at: ht...

stock transfer
transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund family. so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking account within the same bank. what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund >family. >so its just like a transfer from your...

Changing "Reply As" address on a Contact in Exchange 2003
Hi, Is it possible in Exchange 2003 to set up a Contact which has one email address (ie <user1@domain1.co.uk>), but if anything is sent to this address it has a "Reply To" address of something else (ie user1@domain2.co.uk)? Thanks in advance, Curtis. -- Please reply to news group only. Thank you. Yes, just make user1@domain2.co.uk the primary address. The reply will include the primary address. Nue "Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message news:%23dg7PemTGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible in Exchange 2003 to set up...