Startup error

Hello freinds, one of our users complained that everytime he launches Excel
an error message " cannot use object linking and embedding" pops up. We are
currently using office xp with sp2. Please help.

Happy Holidays
Chow

0
baig17 (11)
11/26/2003 2:12:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Were they hit by the MSBlast worm?

One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems.  I
haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com

Post back with your results.  I'm curious if that was the problem.  (It's come
up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

-A

0
baig17 (11)

Excel 1004 Error When Pasting Special W/ Macro
Hi all, I'm looking for some help with this macro...it has me really confused because it was working earlier, but now it hangs on this line of code (it is asterisked below) Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False This macro runs when the workbook opens and copies the contents of one sheet and pastes only the values to another sheet. The range that is being copied from and pasted to are both the same size. I have also tried this by selecting the upper-leftmost cell in the area I want to paste to but it has ...

OWA
When I try to access OWA I receive a "HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error" webpage. I have rebuilt OWA based on instructions in KB280823 and the problem still persists. I have also removed IIS and rebuilt from scratch. I've also ran a repair install of Exchange 2003 with SP2 and I cannot get OWA to respond properly. I suggest that you open a ticket with Microsoft PSS. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE0AFA54-2BD9-4D80-88B8-4730A40F23A0@...

No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E #2
What can I do about ... The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'account name', Server: 'server name', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ??? Thanks! ...

DST Update Errors
I am getting the following error when running the MSExTmz_1.bat tool on about 20 mailboxes: HrProcessInputFile:Processing Mailbox:/O=LETT CORPORATE/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=FRANK HrProcessMailbox:Timezone set to EASTERN STANDARD TIME. HrSpawnOLTool:Spawned worker process as pid - 1872. HrScanEventLogForSuccess:Success Event not found in Application log, treating as failure. HrProcessMailbox:Unable to process mailbox /O=LETT CORPORATE/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=FRANK - 0x80004005 HrProcessInputFile:Error Processing Mailbox:/O=LETT CORPORATE/OU=FIR...

receiving error "id" is not an index in this table error 3800.
When trying to access a table in a exsisting database, I get a error box stating "id is not an index in this table. Accessing the help button for this error. The statement of Error 3800 is displayed. Does anyone know how to clear this up? Is it a failure with Access or the state of the database? EveryCreatureCounts wrote: >When trying to access a table in a exsisting database, I get a error box >stating "id is not an index in this table. Accessing the help button for >this error. The statement of Error 3800 is displayed. Does anyone know how to >clear thi...

error code
I am creating window with CreateEx function. But it fails (and returns zero ) so no window is created. When I call GetLastError just after CreatEx call return 0 means no ERROR. Why?? Doesn't failure of CreateEx function set the error code?? Which functions set the error code (which is retrived by GetLastError) ?? rahul wrote: > I am creating window with CreateEx function. > But it fails (and returns zero ) so no window is created. > When I call GetLastError just after CreatEx call return 0 means no > ERROR. Why?? > Doesn't failure of CreateEx function set ...

Error 8004280b: server was unable to process the request
Hi all, I've created a workflow rule that calls custom assembly to create some tasks activities. Everything works fine in my testing environment (Virtual Machine Windows 2003 Server) but in production environment (Windows 2000 Server) nothing works. Workflow monitor says: "8004280b Server was unable to process request". Event viewer says: Event ID 16650 "Action {4D5DA4D2-38EA-DA11-AB8D-00804831A1E5} failed in step {4B5DA4D2-38EA-DA11-AB8D-00804831A1E5} of process instance {22D8AC42-40EA-DA11-AB8D-00804831A1E5}. Please view the paused rule in the Microsoft.Crm.Wo...

Outlook 2002 error message #7
I get the following error message when I try to use the product. I had to cleen install windows xp pro. so I had to reinstall all my programs. I installed Microsoft Office XP and I get the following message when I try to use Outlook "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005). Click on ok to terminate the application" I tried to reinstall the product, but I could not find Outlook on the disk (it is the original MS office XP Pro product) what can I do? I do not want to reinstall all the systems on the disk (I do not want to create a new problem while fixing an ...

sfo offline error
Hi! I am new at CRM and i have a trouble working from outllok offline. When i press the offline button i do not receive any errors about the process but then i receive the following: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Source Error: An unhandled exce...

Protection error
Someone shared and protected a workbook that I created. I went to Tools>Sharing and unshared the workbook. Now when I try to make changes and save them I get an error that says "You must first unprotect the document". When I try to do this, however, the unprotect option on the Tools>Protection menu is not available. I have noticed that it says [Group] in the title bar. How do i turn that option off? If Tools|Protection|Unprotect Sheet is greyed out, you have to ungroup first. [Group] in the title bar means that you have multiple sheets selected. You can rightclick on ...

Relay denied error message
I have experienced this only twice in the past two or three weeks, it looks like when someone sends an email they are getting a bounce back that states The following recipient(s) could not be reached: XXXXXXXXX on 11/10/2005 8:13 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <XXXXXXXXX#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <XXXX@XXXXXXX.com>... Relaying denied. Please check your mail first.> Can anyone help me out and tell me where to look to see if this is an error on my end. I appreciate you des...

Error: 0x800c0131 and Deleted InBox
I have been having the following error from Outlook Express for about 4 months and have not gotten to fix it (This basically doesn't let me send e-mails or receive e- mails once I am on my computer for 5 minutes. I have to always shut down my computer and restart): Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131 However, I just looked at the code number above (0x800c0131) and believe I fixed the issue with the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;233264 I basically had to do the following: 1---Click S...

an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders 08-20-04
I installed microsoft CRM 1.2 on a windows 2000 advanced server which is just a member server. I have a windows 2000 DC and I have Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client software installed on another server. But whenever I launch outlook the program comes up with this error "an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders" Pls what could be the problem. Thanks ...

Getting error "selection is too large" when copying data
I was copying multiple cells to other rows in my spreadsheet and I received an error "Selection is too large". I have never received this before and I have had some huge spreadsheets... ...

SmartList Error #5
I have one workstation at one cleint where periodically she gets this message "A remove operation on ASI_SQL_Join has caused an unknown error(38)" when using Inquiry->Sales->Transactions when see attmepts to zoom back on a sales document. I have tried reinstalling GP, MS Office, OWC. She goes along fine for a few days and then it starts again. She reboots her computer and it fine again and then it starts again. I really do not feel like blowing away the OS and starting everything over but that may be the only choice. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you stopped an...

Startup form selection based on Group permission Options
Hello Group, I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the user sees based on the permissions of their user group. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Outlook "Out of Memory Error"
I have a user in our firm. When she sends out a mail item as an attachment in a new e-mail and bcc's 300 people with nothing in the TO: line. After she sends this out, she then goes into her sent items and starts opening up the orginal e-mail and gets the following error " Out of memory or system resources. Close some Windows or programs and try again" Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? This has happened more then once and I can not find a solution to this anywhere. ...

Outlook 2007 password storing error
I'm sporadically and frequently getting a popup asking to enter my pop-server password even though its saved. It happens to random email accounts. First: System and background: Win7, Outlook 2007 Enterprise, POP server (owned domain at hosting service). Win7 was a clean installation and had no issues until a couple days ago. I've read just about everything I can find and here is what I've done, none of it having worked: -Deleted every mailbox account and rebuilt them -Deleted the PROTECT folder -Removed all anti-virus software -Did a System restore to ...

outlook at startup?
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to have it open at startup, or do you just have to put it in the Startup group? Also, can you have it start up minimized? -- John Salerno Put it in your startup folder and edit the shortcut to have it start minimized. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John Salerno asked: | Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to ...

Compiler error C2664
I am getting whole lot of Compiler Errors when i try to compile c and h files compiled under cygwin. I have to ( i must) port this c files and header files to vc++ 6.0 in order to develop my program. These are libIAX2.0 libraries. i believe its a problem with the compiler. I can t figure out what setting(s) i need to change in order for these errors to disapper. :) -------------------------- g:\work\cameleon\winpoop.h(21) : warning C4101: 'res' : unreferenced local variable g:\work\cameleon\iax.cpp(416) : error C2664: 'sendto' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const voi...

Error 3265
Do you have any idea why this error comes. I get it all the time. Everything seems to work (so far) fine, but I get that error message in all worksheets. <<HQMessageProcessor>> Error 3265: Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. (Unhandled Error) Thanks. Most common reason is that you have different versions (hotfixes) of HQ Server and HQ Client. Anytime you apply a hotfix at HQ, it must be applied to all store locations. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com --------------------...

error msges on stock price update
I am getting error messages whenever I try updating prices on Money 2000. Error msg says program has performed an illegal action: details refer to a "file unknown" and a stack dump, whatever that is, of a dozen or so stacks. Cursor freeze is the next surprise. Help, please, anyone. What is the cure? My Dell is supposedly protected by Symantec Corporate Antivirus, a powerful shield but evidently not powerful enough. Many thanks. In microsoft.public.money, tain wrote: >I am getting error messages whenever I try updating prices >on Money 2000. Error msg says progra...

Startup error
Hello freinds, one of our users complained that everytime he launches Excel an error message " cannot use object linking and embedding" pops up. We are currently using office xp with sp2. Please help. Happy Holidays Chow Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few time...

Another 645 Error Message
Hi folks This may seem late to the game as all prior posts appear to be at least a year ago, but I was just asked to solve this riddle. Been trying to solve it for the past 5 days and have run out of patience. Running XP (Home) 5.1, Service Pack 3, 32 Bit. Plenty of memory available. Have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security running (but not getting any messages indicating the problem lies there). Trying to download & install .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .Net Framework 3.5 Family Update for .Net Versions 2.0 through 3.5. Seem to be going in circles. Can't install ...

Server Error in '/' Application #2
After meticulously following the installation instructions included with the MS CRM CD, I have run into the following error that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ApplicationE...