Standard deviation to exclude 0

In our data, 0 means not applicable.
I'm using STDEVP but calculate value 0 too. Can I exclude values with
0?

Maybe I should do search and replace!

Thanks,

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Enter this
=STEVE(IF(E1:E7<>0,E1:E7,""))
as an array function.
That means use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER when you have done typing; Excel will wrap
the formula in curly braces { ... }
You need to use the same committal it you edit the formula
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cpliu" <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In our data, 0 means not applicable.
> I'm using STDEVP but calculate value 0 too. Can I exclude values with
> 0?
>
> Maybe I should do search and replace!
>
> Thanks,

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
6/12/2008 8:54:48 PM
That works. Thanks for the help.
Also this one works too:
=STDEVP(IF(C2:C558=0,"",C2:C558))

Moving CRM 3.0 Server across Domain
Hi all, I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to another domain. Is it possible? and any suggested activity flow? Thanks in advance, Yes. There is a Redeployment Tool on the server CD that is used for this. Basic steps are to do a SQL Backup/Restore, run the Redeployment wizard to sync the AD objects and then install CRM. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mani" <mani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05D409F9-52EC-43C3-BF5A-DE108143573E@microsoft.com... Hi all, I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to anoth...

Where to download GP 9.0 P/R Extensions that work
Hi, Where can I download GP 9.0 Payroll Extensions that work. I have tried it a number of times and it still errors out with an installer error code 2755. Thanks, Glen With a different package I received the same error. I cleared out the -user- temp directory and then ran it again, got the error and finally ran the msp that was extracted in the temp directory and it installed. "Glen" wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download GP 9.0 Payroll Extensions that work. > > I have tried it a number of times and it still errors out with an installer > error code 2755...

RMS 2.0 #4
Is there an RMS 2.0 Out? I read on the forum that it was out... Does anyone have info on this? Thanks brent Brent, Below is the answer I received from a recent RMS support incident. Personally, I would like to see a more comprehensive list of fixes (minor and major) along with new features. I wonder if 2.0 will include the ability for new inventory item to self-generate a barcode if one is not supplied. It does not make since to me to see a self-generated customer number and not a new inventory number. Garret ===== What's new in Store Operations version 2.0 The fol...

An error has occurred CRM 4.0
Hi all, when I am trying create new business unit record in CRM 4.0 it displayed an error that "an error has occured" while saving the record. It was not displayed for initial 3 records after that it was throwing error, It make server updates I have installed CRM roll up 1 and restarted the IIS after that I was able to create one new business unit record successfully after that when I was trying to create another business unit record its again started thowing the same error. Any solutions to resolve this issue pls reply back.... Regads, chn On Jan 5, 1:16=A0am, Chn...

Import Contacts into CRM 3.0 from Web Form Emails
We have a web site based on Front Page 2003, and we solicit clients to enter their information, name-address-emali requirements in web-form. The Web Form sends an email with structured information such as name: John Jones, where every data field is on a new line. How can I tell CRM 3.0 to import this information directly into the CRM contact manager, and add a new contact to the CRM system? you could create a queue on crm with its own email address. Emails will be sent to the crm queue. Now a developer could write code to monitor the queue and create contacts from the ema...

Manufacturing Standard Cost
Hello, We are running GP 8.0 SP 2 with Manufacturing. We have a standard cost revalution journal entry is there a way to find which standard cost changes make up this journal entry? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Thanks, Brian ...

HIPAA Standards
Hello, Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic transactions ? Take care, Dave Hi, MS CRM dont provide HIPAA built in functionality. Biztalk may provide it and MS CRM can be integrated with Biztalk. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Dave Banerjee" wrote: > Hello, > > Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic > transactions ? > > Take care, > Dave > No, CRM does not provide any...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

standard deviation
I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare. I want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something else. All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is not correct. I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for both sets. Any help would be appreciated. Clem In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative) Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back but tell us what version of E...

If percentage is 10% when y or 0% when n
I am trying to apply 10%tax when tax needs to be applied (i.e. when next to the item I have placed a y. If there is no tax to be added, (i.e. displayed by an n, then I want it to display 0%. I have placed the 10% tax amount in a cell on it's own, in this case B2, Please help, this is driving me nuts ;) Linda Assume in B4 down will be the indicators: y, n In say, C4: =IF(B4="y",$B$2,0) Format C4 as percentage Copy down -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:22,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66 xdemechanik --- "thechooks" wrote: > I am trying t...

BP 3.0 features or hacks?
I installed our BP a few months ago and we have been in various stages of testing before we roll it out to all of our users. Our main goal is to utilize the HRM module and allow employees to access their pay stubs and print them off if needs be. My administration has tasked me with 3 major features that they would like to see before we roll it out. I will list them and what I have done to try and implement them: Feature 1: require a password - I have changed authentication in IIS, requiring all users to enter a username and password before accessing their data. It works, but does n...

Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library documentation?
I am an Agilent VEE Pro 8.0 software user (similar to Visual Basic) trying to write data to Excel and create Charts using the Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object LIbrary. I have not been able to find any documentation on the objects within this Library(other than the one liners supplied by the Library). Some of it is straight forward whereas some objects I can only guess what kind or why certian variables are passed around and the hierarchical dependancies of commands needed to accomplish things like using a column of data as X labels and rotating the X labels. Is there some book, web site, ...

GP 10.0 Reconcile to GL
Hello: Will the new Reconcile to GL feature in GP 10.0 "bomb out" in the export to Excel if the number of records is over 66,000? Also, has anyone ever gotten one of those "violation of primary key...cannot insert duplicate object..." upon using this? Any ideas on how to combat it? The spreadsheet does come about but not before getting this ugly error message. (End user has Office 2003.) Thanks! childofthe1980s Since Excel 2003 can only support 65,xxx rows, you'll always get an error. If you have that large of a spreadsheet, you'll have to update to Off...

standards in visio
hi is there any standard for designing network in visio? thanks visio doesn't design networks it assists people in documenting them. no, there are no standards. al "kyan" <gheysar_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHRQFIZPFHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > is there any standard for designing network in visio? > thanks > ...

About the VIEW of CRM 3.0
How to change the settings of "Leads of Marketing Members" I want to add some fields into the VIEW of "Marketing Members(Leads)", but I didn't find it. It just display the Name of Lead, but it has no Names of Company. You might find this helpfull: http://yourcrmserver/tools/vieweditor/viewManager.aspx?id={2F0D0EDE-D356-4B1E-83BD-E978F10E3EEB} You will have to publish your customizations of course. But you´ll not find the Entity Marketinglist. It´s because these views are special so you´ll have to modify more than one view. You´ll find three V...

Why Micorosoft Money only have Standard in Canada? What is the different between Candian Standard Edition and the U.S.?
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

CRM 3.0 Split revenu
Hi, We have an opportunity with an estimated end date set in 2010. Is there a way to split the revenu, either automaticaly, or manually so that the amount is not only showing in the first year forecast? Thanks, Zolt Hi, There is no built in feature for that purpose. You may write a SRS Report to calculate the forcast according to your specific requirments. You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on MS CRM. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com ...

Automatic Offline Synchronization in 3.0
A user asked me why it is that they have to click "Go offline" when in Outlook. I agree with them that they should only have to exit out of Outlook and have CRM automatically go offline much like Outlook does. We would like CRM to "Go Offline" when we shut down Outlook and to come "Online" when Outlook is connected to the network. Am I missing something or is this really not the way it works? I couldn't find any configuration options in Outlook or CRM to manage this. The "Go Offline" option is used when the user plans on heading out on the r...

Installing CRM 3.0 SBS ed. on SBS 2003
Hi all, I'm having some difficulty installing CRM 3.0. Can someone tell me exactly how to install SQL 2005 std. ed. so that I can install CRM with the default SBS settings? One of my major concerns is what instance to install? The default? Is this going to interfere with any existing settings? Current machine is running a new installation of SBS 2003 prem, with all the associated toys of a standard install but no ISA. Thanks. ...

Standard reply
Is there a way of sending a standard reply to an email in outlook. With some email clients there is a reply with... option that allows you to reply to an email with a standard response. For example choosing to reply and adding the following text to the top of the email: Thank you for applying for the position but it is has already been filled. Outlook has stationary that allows you to setup templates for new messages but I can't find a way of doing this for a reply. You can use Wizard Rules for that. Post more info like version of Outlook and whether or not you're on an Exc...

Upgrading CRM to SQL Server 2005 & .NET Framework 2.0
Hi there, I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS 2005 & ..NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM. It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this topic. If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this information, please let me know. Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso MCAD, MCT plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar) Hi Pedro, Yes, SQL 2005 can be used as database for CRM 3. ..net 2 can be used to develop...

Acrobat reader 6.0
Installed on pc with XP operating system. Get the following error when trying to start acrobat: Acrobat has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience. Any suggestions? ...

Standard C++ Library
is it true that Standard C++ Library is pretty much include functions similar to the following java packages??? java.io java.lang java.util http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ct1as7hw(VS.80).aspx It seem to me the Standard C++ Library have headers to mainipulate string / characters, doing I/O, and data structure like Stack, Queue, HashMap, Vector, time, bitwise operation, exception, iterator on a collection ... etc which pretty similar to above "very core" java package So there are 3 types of library / header in C++? CRT (C runtime library) Standard C++ Library Platform S...

DST Import into CRM- Test batch count equals 0
We are trying to import out ACT! data into MSCRM using the cdf databases, and have been going along without problems until we get to the test integration- the p_cdf_SetTestBatchCount appears to work fine, but when we go to the cdf_EntityMigrationInfo, the TestBatchCount still reads <null> not the value we set. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Migrating off of SBS 2000 to Windows 2008 standard /Exchange 2010
We have outgrown the SBS environment and are moving to an environment with Windows 2008 std server running exchange 2010. What is the best/easiest way to get 2000SBS out of the way? As I understand it, I would bring in the 2008 server and configure as a member DC then seize the FSMO roles and then shut down the SBS 2000 server. Is that about it (excluding what I will have to do to migrate my exchange data - which I am assuming I will have to do BEFORE I seize the FSMO roles... What other gotcha'ya's might I expect?? Thanks, Brad ...