Stacked Column gap width

I have a stacked column graph and I have set the gap width to 0.
There is, however, still space between the stacked columns.

The gap looks to be about twice as wide as the column themselves.  Any
idea why?

The column overlap is set to 100.
The Gap Width is set to 0.

In case it matters, the X axis is a time scale, all axis settings are
automatic.

It looks like both ClusteredColumn and StackedColumn graph types have
some intra-cluster spacing that cannot be eliminated...

Brian Herbert Withun
0
bhwithun (29)
12/19/2007 8:30:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

When you use a time-scale axis, it creates categories for each day (all days).  The
time-scale is intended to space your categories as a function of the dates, whereas a
regular x-axis puts the categories evenly spaced on the x axis. So unless your dates are
consecutive, there will be categories for the dates where there is no data, hence the space
between them, even with the gap width set to 0.  With the gap width set to 0, only
consecutive dates will have no gap.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Brian Withun" <bhwithun@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a stacked column graph and I have set the gap width to 0.
> There is, however, still space between the stacked columns.
>
> The gap looks to be about twice as wide as the column themselves.  Any
> idea why?
>
> The column overlap is set to 100.
> The Gap Width is set to 0.
>
> In case it matters, the X axis is a time scale, all axis settings are
> automatic.
>
> It looks like both ClusteredColumn and StackedColumn graph types have
> some intra-cluster spacing that cannot be eliminated...
>
> Brian Herbert Withun

0
someone798 (944)

Matching the Searched Value to the Adjacent Column
Hi, I'm trying to search for the maximum numeric value in one column but I want the data in the adjacent left column which is a Time variable to be displayed as the result. How do I achieve this? I can only think of MATCH, VLOOKUP. The data is quite large. Thank you very much for your help in advance. Richard try this idea =INDEX(C:C,MATCH(MAX(D:D),D:D)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <vamber001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:babc6c6f-ae70-447c-8057-2cfa2cf1a4b6@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

how to copy 2350 hyperlink full paths to any column in a worksheet ?
Hi all, First of all, thank for the help I received before. I have another question : I have an excel worksheet, with about 2350 entries. All of them have an hyperlink in column A. I need to find a way to copy ONLY THE HYPERLINKS FULL PATHS of all 2350 cells to column D, NOT THE CELLS CONTENT !! The reason is that from this column D, I can generate playlists without problem. In my search for a solution, I came across following UDF which did not work and gave an error. First of all, I'm not sure if this UDF will solve my problem an secondly, if it does, how can I repare it ? Functi...

Disabling the Num Column
In one of my accounts, the Num column has mysteriously started to log the transaction numbers in the register. Does anyone know how to turn this off? ...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Column Chart, Displaying two values on one column.
Hello, Is it possible to display two value on one column. For example Budget = 4.6% Actual = -6.0% I can display this on a column without any problems, one column for budget and one for actual. Is it possible to add another value to the Actual so it displays on the same column but in a different colour? For example I would like to add: Net = 2.3% and display this on the Actual column in a different colour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett You can format a stacked column chart to resemble a clustered-stacked column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Cluster...

Occurrences of a date in a column
Hi all, I'm not a very good Excel user (yet!) and after going through the topics, I don't think I've found what I need, so I'll ask the question. I have one column of data which is dates: Col A 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/17/05 1/18/05 1/18/05 1/19/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 1/20/05 How can I get a count that shows: 1/17/05: 3 occurrences 1/18/05: 2 occurrences 1/19/05: 1 occurrence 1/20/05: 4 occurrences thanks for your help! Phyl To get a distinct list, select the dates, do data>filter>advanced filter, select unique records only and copy to another location when you have...

Outlook 2000
One of my users is getting a strange field above his meaggaes in the right (main) pane that's titled: "drag a column header here to group by that column" I can't figure out how to get rid of this field? Anu ideas? Enable the Advanced toolbar and click the Group By Box button. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2bef801c39346$19f38790$a601280a@phx.gbl, Jeff wrote: > One of my users is getting a strange field above his &...

Numeric reference of column. Data Grab ?
I have one column A with sites names and next 33 columns with site categories In each line i put an "x" mark at the proper column(category) that the site belongs I want to put a column in the column beside site's name and receive the description of each category The description of each category is the heading of each column ( row 1 ) vlookup or hlookup didn't work. I used match MATCH("x";B2:AH2;FALSE) and i got the column where the x is located in numeric format Can you suggest a solution to this ? Thanks -- bigexcelfan ------------------------------------...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

Layout problem with Column/row headers
We have a user who's default Excel layout has been switched to a "mirror view" of the norm... The column headers go right to left A,B,C rather than left to right. Also the rows 1,2,3 are on the right side of the screen and sheet tabs are 3,2,1... Basically everything is backwards! We can't figure out how she did that! Thanks for any help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools, Options, International Tab, de-select the option under ...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...

Macro to unhide selected columns & rows
I'd like to develop a 'daily log', using one sheet for each of my 2 week pay periods, which allows me to cross reference the particular jobs we are working on during that time with the employees of the time. The idea being to have a cell opened for each employees start/finish times on each job we have on the go. As I see it, I need to use a pair of columns for each employee, per day (start / finish time entry) , allowing for, say 20 employees (many labourors coming and going during the season) [ (1st 2 columns for job info) + (6 days X 20 employees X 2 columns) + (6 days X 2 colum...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

Add more columns
Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have more columns then that so can anyone please let me know how to add more. Thanks chuck, That's the way it's designed. No more that 256 columns or more than 65536 rows. No way around it either (at least in Excel). John chuck wrote: > Does anyone know how to add more columns into excel. > Currently the column headers stop at IV. I need to have > more columns then that so can anyone please let me know > how to add more. > Thanks All versions of Excel (and Lo...

coding text to column
how do i code text to column in access vb? i need to import an excel book and i need to make sure that the 1st column is text. the numberformat = "@" does not work, as it still gives me conversion errors when importing 1. Create the table the way you want it (with Text for the field field type.) 2. Attached the Excel sheet (as a linked table.) 3. Execute an Append query to add the data to the table you set up. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot...

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

SUM every other column
I have a large table where I would like to get the sum of every other column. My current method is to use the + key and click on every other cell. Is there a better way? Thanks, JC Something like this may work for you: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:K1),2)=0),A1:K1) or =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:K1),2)=1),A1:K1) (first formula gives even numbered columns, second gives odd numbered columns) JC wrote: > > I have a large table where I would like to get the sum of > every other column. My current method is to use the + > key and click on every other cell. > > Is there...

Looking Up the First Nonzero Value in a Column
Hello everyone, I am looking for a function that can return the first nonzero value in a column. I have a table that has months across the top and down the leftmost column. The data in the table are balances as of each month, essentially. It looks like this: J F M A M J 1 F 2 1 M 3 2 1 A 4 3 2 1 M 5 4 3 2 1 Is there a way to say, "Look in the column labeled "F" and return the first nonzero number"? Then the cell below it will need to be the number directly below that first number, and so on. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! Sincerely, T...

How do you make more columns for Charts when we need a 3 column c.
How do you make Charts from scratch? Hi not really sure what your question is. But for charts a good starting point would be: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kate" <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F85DECE4-AB9E-493D-A1BA-EDA8A9A63A89@microsoft.com... > How do you make Charts from scratch? ...

stack
Hi, I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; mytype is struct of this type: typedef struct{ int x[500]; int y[500]; long l;}mytype; what is the size of a c function stack? can I define the size of the stack? (I am using visual studio 6) Thanks. Dave wrote: > Hi, > I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I > get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; > > mytype is struct of this type: typedef st...

How do you make 3 stacked columns of info for each date in Excel
I need help. I am trying to chart 3 groups of information for several dates. I would like to have 3 stacked columns (percentages) with the dates at the top of the chart the names of the groups at bottom of the chart and the legend at the right of the chart. Does anyone have any secrets. I am able to get one groups info to chart but I am unable to get the other two groups in the same date without stacking their information on top of first group. ...

Columns in Outlook XP
In Outlook XP, I have the Accounts column set to display which acct is being used when an em is being received or sent. However, the problem I have is that the column header reads "Account", but no acct name is ever displayed. Can anyone tell me why the acct name is not displaying and how I can get it to display? Thks, Michael ...

Search one column and return value from next column
Hi I am not professional excel user. But I am wondering if anyone can help me write short formula for the following. I use MAX(A10:A1000) to get the maximum value in Column A. But I want return value to be whatever value on the same row under column B. Thank you. How about =VLOOKUP(MAX(A1:A1000),A1:B1000,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "shwekhaw" <zaw@1stuniverse.com> wrote in message news:1115099211.828784.306200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi I am not professional excel user. But I...

Matching Columns
Hi All, I have 6 Column with multiple rows data in excel sheet. The example is given below: A B C D E F x 1 x x x x x x x x x x x x x 1 x 2 I want to compare Column B value with Column D value. If this match, then copy the value given in Column F into column G and in Column H show the Row Number from which the value is copied from. Results needed: A B C D E F G H x 1 x x x x 2 R3 x x x x x x x x x x x 1 x 2 ...

repost: plz help- dynamic range with gaps?
Excel 2003 on Win 2000 I have a range of cells that I need to graph; each cell in the range has a formula, but may or may not have actual data (so I can use an IF statement to leave it blank or N/A). My (internal) customer wants a column graph that only shows X-axis points for the cells that have values- e.g. I need to supress the blank values completely. How can I do this? I'm thinking a named range, but I don't know what formula will give me the desired results... For example: (raw data) Cats 100 Dogs 150 Ferrets 0 (or NA) Fish 50 my graph needs to show: X ...