sql.request #2

Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me
can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A.

The only guide I can find is at
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's
really hard to follow.

0
no-email1 (38)
12/27/2005 11:09:40 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

From the MSDN Library:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp

Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a
result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the
connection string.  There are a few examples of connection strings in the
reference above, but since these are dependent on the database driver used it
is not easy to give an all-encompassing guide on how to write the connection
string.  Best thing I have found is to search the database developer's site
for "connection string" or do a generic net search for "Connection String"
with your db name, e.g. "Connection String Oracle"
--
- K Dales

"teepee" wrote:

> Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me
> can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A.
>
> The only guide I can find is at
> http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's
> really hard to follow.

0
KDales (3)
12/28/2005 12:52:02 PM
"K Dales" <KDales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> From the MSDN Library:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp

Many thanks

tp

0
no-email1 (38)

Calculating the number of entries between 2 times
I am working on a Dispatch records workbook. I am trying to get counts of entries between 2 time frames. Example, How many entries between 8:00AM and 9:00AM, 9:00AM and 10:00 AM etc. I can get counts using less than, more than, and equal, but not have had much luck with getting counts between 2 values. I would like to also get response times(the time the call is received to when it is dispatched) between 2 times. Any suggestions? Ok, the first thing you have to do is to better define the time intervals. 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM So, if the time is 9:00 AM whic...

An Address Mess! #2
Hello Debra, Thanks a ton. I think what you suggest is something I'll be able to us in many other projects. Have a great weekend! ;) Caro -- Carolina7870 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Carolina78703's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1562 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27167 ...

On behalf of #2
I have done something wrong. When any user tries to send internet mail it says they are sending on behalf of themselves. Outlook used to route internet mail directly to the external pop3 server, now it's trying to route it through exchange server. Please help! -- Rich Hall ...

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

File Size problem #2
I have a simple spreadsheet that started out 1.5 MB....then I starte adding working sheets and VLOOKUP's.,....next thing I know it come back saying 7 MB. I went back and copied, paste special, values of th results of the VLOOKUP, but still the file size did not go down. I should since I am virtually going back to the way it was in its 1.5 M form. How can I reduce file size? Thanks for any advice...... Richar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "gacollege >" <<gacollege.10a6rk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:gacollege.10a6rk@excelforum-no...

RMS 2.0 Manuals
Are there user manuals in .pdf format for SO Administrator, Manager and POS? My client just purchased 8 v.2.0 licenses and would like to have the correct manuals. Everything on the MS website still seems to say v. 1.3. Was v.2.0 released in February 2007? Why haven't manuals been updated from 1.3? Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0060_01C93833.87F9C370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Curious,=20 Look on the 2.0 CD or they can be ordered by your Partner for ~$25. --=20 Je...

Help! #2
Hello, i have to program an application which should do the following 1. Receive the binary data on 2 channels. 2. each channel will store their corresponding data to a common file (july4.text) (each day 1 file will be created) 3. Each day the data received will be close to 30 MB of raw data (thought SQL will not be appropriate for this) 4. The data which is stored in a file will have around 5000 parameters.(ie: name,age,temperature,etc,etc) 5. MFC application to read/parse the specified data(queried like june20th to july2nd) and display it in graphical manner.(MS Chart?) 6. The parameters ...

Address List Issue #2
Dear All, We have created two address lists on our Exchange Server 2003. But the problem is that the members of one Address list can only see the other Address List members and not the members of the address list to which they belong. This happens only when the Outlook 2003 is configured in cache mode on the client side. If its not cache mode it is working fine. We have single AD domain and single forest. Please Help -- Haroon Malik Address lists or distribution groups? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Haroon Mali...

Outlook 2007 Beta 2
I have seen many comments reguarding this question but I still do not understand how to fix it. I have 3 email accounts: aa@xxx.net bb@xxx.net cc@xxx.net They are all with the same ISP. My default is aa@xxx.net. When I send an e-mail out of bb@xxx.net I want the return address to default to bb@xxx.net not my default aa@xxx.net. To me the only time I would want it to default to aa@xxx.net is if I was a business. How do I send an e-mail with the current accounts e-mail address without having to click on accounts and switch it? Outlook knows about your default account and uses that for n...

Meeting Requests do not display properly
I am hoping that someone may have seen this problem before. When any of our users with Office XP send a meeting request in Outlook, it does not display properly for recipients that are using Office 2000. Any clues? ...

sql summarizing help

Vlookup help #2
I have two worksheets. Sheet 1 contains a number in column A and a name in column C. On Sheet 2 I put my data from a csv file. What I would like to do is vlookup Sheet 1 column C from the information on Sheet 2 and return the number in column A that is associated with the name in column C. Ex. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 A B C A B 33 N6-270-15 N6-270-75 35 34 N6-270-30 N...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

ERROR: "The record you are requesting is currently unavailable"
CRM 3.0, using Web client, Windows Server 2003 SP1 for SBS. Have found no good solution for this problem I've been getting since installation couple days ago. When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointm...

Tab Name #2
How can I display the tab name on a sheet? I'm looking to have a template that pulls the name of the tab that I assign and displays it in the sheet. Something similar to "&TAB" used in the Header and Footer option. Thanks See Bob Phillips' site for formulas. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:58:02 -0700, Cantru <Cantru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I display the tab name on a sheet? I'm looking to have a template >that pulls the name of the tab that I assign and di...

Skinning dialogs? #2
I have 2 questions about CDialog skinning... 1: I'm handling the OnNcPaint and OnNcCalcSize, but always when it is the first time the window is drawn, when I click on the caption, it draws a border around the caption, and then it doesnt happen anymore... No idea why... 2: How can I draw the Min/Max/X buttons also? Hope you can help... Joe B. ...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Exchange 2003 Issues #2
All: I posted a little while ago with a question about a potential problem with recipient update service and now I am not so sure this is the source of the problem. Here is what's going on: When I create a new user account and mailbox, nothing is being inheritted by the new account. The email recipient policy is not filtering to the new account nor is any permissions to the mailbox other than SELF. If I manually set permissions according to a woeking mailbox, everything is fine EXCEPT, the name is not appearing in the GAL. I have increased logging on the Exchange Box and am gettin...