Spreadsheet prints as black box

I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007.
 The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I
get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I copied.

Please help
0
denethor5 (2)
1/9/2008 3:31:04 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It might be an issue of not having the latest printer drivers and Word
2007. Visit the printer manufacturer web site for updated drivers.

denethor5 wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007.
>  The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I
> get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I copied.
>
> Please help

0
birelan (531)
1/9/2008 3:48:17 PM
Bob,

Thank you for the response but this is not the issue.  When printing this
document at work I am able to get one of the printers to print fine..while
others print the black box where my spreadsheet was.  All drivers are kept up
to date here.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.

Thanks

"Bob I" wrote:

> It might be an issue of not having the latest printer drivers and Word
> 2007. Visit the printer manufacturer web site for updated drivers.
>
> denethor5 wrote:
>
> > I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007.
> >  The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I
> > get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I copied.
> >
> > Please help

0
denethor5 (2)
1/10/2008 4:30:01 PM
Then it follows that the printer driver would be the place to look. One
printer it does fine and another it doesn't. That removes the problem
from Office application to the printer and driver setup. "All drivers
are kept up to date here." means that the correct drivers aren't available?

denethor5 wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Thank you for the response but this is not the issue.  When printing this
> document at work I am able to get one of the printers to print fine..while
> others print the black box where my spreadsheet was.  All drivers are kept up
> to date here.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>It might be an issue of not having the latest printer drivers and Word
>>2007. Visit the printer manufacturer web site for updated drivers.
>>
>>denethor5 wrote:
>>

>>>I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007.
>>> The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I
>>>get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I copied.
>>>
>>>Please help

0
birelan (531)
1/10/2008 6:44:54 PM
On Jan 10, 1:44=A0pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Then it follows that the printer driver would be the place to look. One
> printer it does fine and another it doesn't. That removes the problem
> fromOfficeapplication to the printer and driver setup. "All drivers
> are kept up to date here." means that the correct drivers aren't available=
?

> denethor5 wrote:
> > Bob,
>
> > Thank you for the response but this is not the issue. =A0When printing t=
his
> > document at work I am able to get one of the printers toprintfine..while=

> > othersprinttheblackbox where my spreadsheet was. =A0All drivers are kept=
 up
> > to date here.
>
> > Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.
>
> > Thanks
>
> > "Bob I" wrote:
>
> >>It might be an issue of not having the latest printer drivers and Word
> >>2007. Visit the printer manufacturer web site for updated drivers.

I have found that with a PCL, or a print driver along the Laserjet
Series II, driver will work with the embedded objects.  However, if
you are using a PS driver, then almost always will print a black box.

I have not found a fix for the PS version yet, hopefully MS will fix
this with Office SP1.
0
gubber98 (2)
2/4/2008 3:27:44 PM
HI,

I have the exact same problem. SP1 DOES NOT FIX THIS. It is a problem with
Office 2007. The same emedded graphic prints as an enhanced metafile (emf)
but not as a windows metafile (wmf). There is no issue with Office 2003. The
problem is with postscript only. PCL works fine. I also find that Adobe PDF
(which uses a postscript driver) manifests the same problem.

I would love a fix for this.

"gubber98@hotmail.com" wrote:

> On Jan 10, 1:44 pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Then it follows that the printer driver would be the place to look. One
> > printer it does fine and another it doesn't. That removes the problem
> > fromOfficeapplication to the printer and driver setup. "All drivers
> > are kept up to date here." means that the correct drivers aren't available?
> >

> > denethor5 wrote:
> > > Bob,
> >
> > > Thank you for the response but this is not the issue.  When printing this
> > > document at work I am able to get one of the printers toprintfine..while
> > > othersprinttheblackbox where my spreadsheet was.  All drivers are kept up
> > > to date here.
> >
> > > Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.
> >
> > > Thanks

> I have found that with a PCL, or a print driver along the Laserjet
> Series II, driver will work with the embedded objects.  However, if
> you are using a PS driver, then almost always will print a black box.
>
> I have not found a fix for the PS version yet, hopefully MS will fix
> this with Office SP1.

0
Pritchard (3)
2/21/2008 5:50:01 AM
On Feb 20, 9:50=A0pm, Kevin Pritchard <Kevin
Pritch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have the exact same problem. SP1 DOES NOT FIX THIS. It is a problem with=

> Office 2007. The same emedded graphic prints as an enhanced metafile (emf)=

> but not as a windows metafile (wmf). There is no issue with Office 2003. T=
he
> problem is with postscript only. PCL works fine. I also find that Adobe PD=
> (which uses a postscript driver) manifests the same problem.
>
> I would love a fix for this.
>

> "gubbe...@hotmail.com" wrote:
> > On Jan 10, 1:44 pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Then it follows that the printer driver would be the place to look. On=
> > > printer it does fine and another it doesn't. That removes the problem
> > > fromOfficeapplication to the printer and driver setup. "All drivers
> > > are kept up to date here." means that the correct drivers aren't avail=
able?

Word2007.

> > I have found that with a PCL, or a print driver along the Laserjet
> > Series II, driver will work with the embedded objects. =A0However, if
> > you are using a PS driver, then almost always will print a black box.
>
> > I have not found a fix for the PS version yet, hopefully MS will fix
> > this with Office SP1.- Hide quoted text -

Same here. I have XP and Office 2007. I can print fine using non-PS
printer. Adobe Distiller and PS printers will print black boxes. All
versions of printer driver and software are the latest. That it is a
PS translation issue appears consistent with the behavior and MS'
ignorance of the world outside (they do not like Apple and Adobe, so
why care about PS?). And yes the issues are not there on 2000/2003
systems and 2007 format is not usable because the rest of the world
does not think in that dimension.

Did anyone try using the MS PDF software that may have come with
Office 2007 ?

Michael RS
HI,

I have been investigating this a bit further. Had a consultant from Xerox
through. He offered this explanation. The 'black box' is in fact the frame
that holds the image. Now this is the good bit - the problem is that recent
security enhancements block the printing of the PS code as it is viewed as a
security threat. You can actually see this in Office 2003 if  have the
appropriate 'security enhancements'.

You can see the EMF formats because this is not embedded in a frame and
hence is not a security threat. Fix? No hope at this stage.

"MichaelRS" wrote:

> On Feb 20, 9:50 pm, Kevin Pritchard <Kevin
> Pritch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> > I have the exact same problem. SP1 DOES NOT FIX THIS. It is a problem with
> > Office 2007. The same emedded graphic prints as an enhanced metafile (emf)
> > but not as a windows metafile (wmf). There is no issue with Office 2003. The
> > problem is with postscript only. PCL works fine. I also find that Adobe PDF
> > (which uses a postscript driver) manifests the same problem.
> >
> > I would love a fix for this.

> > > I have found that with a PCL, or a print driver along the Laserjet
> > > Series II, driver will work with the embedded objects.  However, if
> > > you are using a PS driver, then almost always will print a black box.
> >
> > > I have not found a fix for the PS version yet, hopefully MS will fix
> > > this with Office SP1.- Hide quoted text -

> Same here. I have XP and Office 2007. I can print fine using non-PS
> printer. Adobe Distiller and PS printers will print black boxes. All
> versions of printer driver and software are the latest. That it is a
> PS translation issue appears consistent with the behavior and MS'
> ignorance of the world outside (they do not like Apple and Adobe, so
> why care about PS?). And yes the issues are not there on 2000/2003
> systems and 2007 format is not usable because the rest of the world
> does not think in that dimension.
>
> Did anyone try using the MS PDF software that may have come with
> Office 2007 ?
>
> Michael RS

0
Pritchard (3)
3/5/2008 1:49:01 AM
Kevin,

Is it possible to turn off the 'security enhancements' in office 2007?
0
gubber98 (2)
3/11/2008 5:40:35 PM
Not that I am aware of.

"gubber98@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Is it possible to turn off the 'security enhancements' in office 2007?

0
Pritchard (3)
3/11/2008 8:35:01 PM
On Mar 12, 3:40 am, gubbe...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Is it possible to turn off the 'security enhancements' in office 2007?

Convert and print as a PDF file will solve your issues.

1. In word 2007, click Office button > point to Save As > click on PDF
or XPS option.

2.In Publish as PDF or XPS dialog box, click Options.

3. In Options dialog box, remove tick in ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)
and leave a tick in Bitmap text when fonts may not be embedded.  Click
OK.  Click Publish.

Open the PDF file if it doesn't open, then print it out how you
normally do.

Please note:  Some users may have to print as image in Adobe or
Unchecking Background print for other issues.  Otherwise, the above
should work for most people.

Rox.
0
roxwong18 (2)
3/27/2008 3:28:37 AM
Convert and print as a PDF file will solve your issues.

1. In word 2007, click Office button > point to Save As > click on
PDF
or XPS option.

2.In Publish as PDF or XPS dialog box, click Options.

3. In Options dialog box, remove tick in ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/
A)
and leave a tick in Bitmap text when fonts may not be embedded.
Click
OK.  Click Publish.

Open the PDF file if it doesn't open, then print it out how you
normally do.

Please note:  Some users may have to print as image in Adobe or
Unchecking Background print for other issues.  Otherwise, the above
should work for most people.

0
roxwong18 (2)

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

2-sided/ duplex printing
I'm trying to print a Publisher brochure 2-sided/ duplex. When I go to Print Properties on my Dell 966 Printer, the two sided option is grayed out. This is not a problem printing from Word or Powerpoint so it seems to be something specific to Publisher. Any ideas? What version Publisher? Have you ever used the two-sided printing wizard in the advanced print setup? If you have see if resetting the tab makes a difference. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bill Hutchings" <BillHutchings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5DEF2EA-31C8-4D8B-A7D1-...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

Credit Memo on Stub of Re-Printed Checks
Our users have to reprint checks for various reasons. The invoices had been keyed in and then had credits applied to them. A/P does not key in separate credit memos for these invoices, these are credits that are applied to an invoice after it is keyed in, before the check is printed. The original check that was printed showed the credits on the check stub. However, when I voided and reprinted the check, the credits did not print on the check stub. The dollar amount of both checks was correct, but the second check stub did have the credits printed on it. From the response from GP this w...

Slow / stalled printing (Epson)
Having an intermittent issue when something gets queued to the receipt printer, the printer will seem to hang ~ still see it in the print queue fine (small 8k file) but no joy...however, as soon as I close Store Operations it prints right out. Any ideas? Thanx -=Rich=- what type of connection is it ? "hitman" wrote: > Having an intermittent issue when something gets queued to the receipt > printer, the printer will seem to hang ~ still see it in the print queue fine > (small 8k file) but no joy...however, as soon as I close Store Operations it > prints right ...

Print dialog
The problem that I have is that when a user prints an email from outlook (without opening the message) a dialog box pops up breifly saying that the document is being printed. What I need to do is turn this off so that there is no print notification. Any suggestions much appriciated Thanks Paul <paul.harris@herbertsmith.com> wrote: > What I need to do is turn this off so that there is no > print notification. Why is this a "need"? What ill effects does the user suffer when this dialogue box appears briefly? Since the print widget is a Windows construct and i...

booklet printing #4
I have a 20-page booklet. I am trying to print to a brand-new Canon Color IR 5800 network printer/copier. It has all sorts of whistles and bells, including booklet printing and saddle stitch stapling for booklets. But I cannot find a way in Publisher or on the copier to make my booklet print out correctly. When I print, the best I get is still a mess. For example, I get the front and back covers on one side of a sheet correctly. But on the reverse side, I get pages 2 and 19 inverted (upside down and backwards). So page 19 shows up on the reverse of the cover--upside down. And page 2 s...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

Check box filter value
I am trying to filter a report (based on a qry) through a form. They do want the one option I wanted to take out. In the report, there is a check box field. On the form I had added a check box to filter this section or not. What I want to happen is this: If they check the box on the form, I want the report to show only those records whos check boxes are indeed checked. If the check box on the form is Not checked, then I want no filter whatsoever and for the report to show all records. I have multiple other filters on this form as well. All of them now work successfully, thanks to...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

Printing data using a standardized template
If this is an idiotic question, please forgive... I have spreadsheet with 2 tabs (worksheets). The first tab has 15 columns and 350 rows of data. The second tab is basically a printing template. It has 8 columns and 46 rows but it is mostly formatted to print and allow users to handwrite data on each page. However, I would like to pre-populate the report with data from 5 of the columns of the first tab and create a separate printed page for each row. (Think mail merge kinda function). I am pretty sure that I can figure out how to do this with MS Access, but since I already have everything...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

Printing jpg image retrieved from a given path
We need to print out a product catalog complete with the photo of the product. The image of the product is stored in a saved folder, example c:\photo\a.jpg for product a. I have a table that store the Product ID, Product Description, Product List Price and Product Image Path. Example of record a, Bicycle Model A, 100.00, c:\photo\a.jpg b, Bicycle Model B, 150.00, c:\photo\b.jpg I would like to use SRS report - table to print the above, but pick up the image from the path given and print the graphic (instead of the path) on the catalog. Can anyone help to advice what I shou...

How print a booklet?
I use Publisher 97. I need to print a 90 page booklet: Two pages to a sheet, both sides, the final stack to be center stapled and folded. Is there a downloadable template to do the pagination and page location (eg pages 2 and 89 should print next to each other first, and the last page to be printed on the backside would be 1 and 90)? (Is this example wrong? I need a program.) Or is there a separate program that can do it? There used to be one accessed as a printer driver but I cannot find it on the web now, nor recall its name. Assuming '97 works pretty much the same as 2000....

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

getting data displayed on cells from combo boxes
i have 2 worksheets, one is called input and the other is calle products : '[image: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9703/pike168input7oi.jpg] (http://imageshack.us) '[image: http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3070/pike168output2qj.jpg] (http://imageshack.us) i would like a way of making the products description, maker and mode to come up on the input sheet, depending on what product code i selected in the textbox, any ideas -- pike16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pike168's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Why can't I print my Publisher document to my Xerox network print.
I am unable to print any Publisher documents to my Xerox WorkCenter Pro 65 Are you getting an error message?? "mndr" <mndr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1C32355-53F4-42DA-82DB-6F9BF2C2CBD6@microsoft.com... > I am unable to print any Publisher documents to my Xerox WorkCenter Pro 65 > >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to print any Publisher documents to my Xerox WorkCenter Pro 65 >. >you need to first go to the top of publisher and push the print icon While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a messa...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...

printing a user form
How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the screen and uses a scroll bar? Can you change the pc's display properties? Windows start button|settings|control panel|display applet Settings Tab I changed from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 and could see a bit more. (Some pc's (win95???) require a reboot for this to take affect. (Win98 didn't require one.)) (can you print portions at a time if that fails???) matt wrote: > > How can I print all of a user form that is bigger than the > screen and uses a scroll bar? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

spreadsheet
I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. How do I do this. Thank you Hi Mary, If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check Print Gridlines. Hope this helps. Pete Mary wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. > How do I do this. Thank you Thank you very much. that worked fine. Thanks again. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Hi Mary, > > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check > Print Gridlines. > > Hope this helps. >...

Printing Expected Quantities on Inventory Sheets
Despite being able to display a column called Expected Quantitiy when printing a physical inventory, no quantity values are listed. I can get an Item Quantity Report to display this info of course. It seems as though the only way to get the Expected Quantitiy values to print is to actually click the Calculate button to get the Physical Inventory Discrepancy screen to display, and then click the print button to generate a report and then show/hide columns as needed. Is this the right procedure? Any pointers are appreciated. It was a little scary to do that because one is asked to save c...

Printing problems...
All I could really do with some help here... recently rebuilt machine (W98SE, Publisher 2000) and a new (different) printer. Wife had a crash yesterday (I wasn't there so I don't really know the circumstances) and since then all her existing documents (and there are a lot) are printing at about 1/4 sheet size (previously all had been OK). New documents don't appear to affected. I can copy the content from an old doc to a new doc and it prints OK. Checked all page setup settings (document and printer) Deleted and re-installed the printer (using the latest driver - again)...