Spreadsheet layout #2

Greetings, I'm a newbie here,

XP Pro SP3 plus Office 2000 with SP3.

Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet through 90 degrees, so that all the
fields across row 1 become successive fields down column A, similarly row 3
appears down column C etc. I tried to copy a rectangle 3R x 20C to 20R x 3C
but that doesn't work.

teabag

0
nobody3086 (71)
7/7/2009 8:35:31 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Jul 7, 6:35=A0pm, "teabag" <nob...@home.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I'm a newbie here,
>
> XP Pro SP3 plus Office 2000 with SP3.
>
> Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet through 90 degrees, so that all th=
> fields across row 1 become successive fields down column A, similarly row=
 3
> appears down column C etc. I tried to copy a rectangle 3R x 20C to 20R x =
3C
> but that doesn't work.
>
> teabag

Hi,

Copy your range of data, then PasteSpecial and click on the transpose
check box.

I think thats what you are after

David
0
dheaton (109)
7/7/2009 10:22:46 AM
Thank you David. I had to relax my security settings to get an activex file
to work, then paste special transpose worked.

teabag

"David Heaton" <dheaton@stanleyworks.com.au> wrote in message
On Jul 7, 6:35 pm, "teabag" <nob...@home.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I'm a newbie here,
>
> XP Pro SP3 plus Office 2000 with SP3.
>
> Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet through 90 degrees, so that all the
> fields across row 1 become successive fields down column A, similarly row
> 3
> appears down column C etc. I tried to copy a rectangle 3R x 20C to 20R x
> 3C
> but that doesn't work.
>
> teabag

Hi,

Copy your range of data, then PasteSpecial and click on the transpose
check box.

I think thats what you are after

David

0
nobody3086 (71)

Moving Mailboxes to another server #2
Hello! It's my understanding that by moving mailboxes from one server to another in the same organization should be transparent to the user. Well, It's not happening to me. After I move a user, from 'server A' to 'server B' or the other way, Outlook reports errror "8004011d", saying the server is not available. Any ideas what I'm missing? Thanks! --Ana Maria How long did you wait? AD needs to replicate the new home server. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Ana Maria wrote: > Hello! > > It's my unders...

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Exchange 5.5 maintenance #2
Good day. I am running Exchange 5.5. Standard in an NT 4.0 environment. I have a couple of 2000 and 2003 servers, but they are member servers, not DCs. Yesterday, our priv.edb smacked the 16 GB limit hard. I got it all working again by running the eseutil to do an offline defrag. After about 4.5 hours I was able to get all the services running again. The physical size of the priv.edb went from about 17.5 GB down to about 16.8 GB, but I was still able to get it running. I performed a full online brick level backup last night, which was fully successful. Today, I am having users de...

Mailer-Daemon #2
When I try to send an email I get the message: The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: abcdefg@*******.ru (554 Service unavailable; Client host [203.123.12.123] blocked using dnsbl.njabl.org=123.0.0.1; open proxy -- 12345678). Why do I get this message? Is the email being deliberately blocked on my server or the recipient's server? Thanks Andy It means that your machine or SMTP server are on a black/block list. Check out the site mentioned in the error message: http://dnsbl.njabl.org "Andy" <woof@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d8ric5$9u...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

Can not send e-mail #2
I can receive email but am unable to send email. What do I need to do to resolve this problem? We are having a similar problem here. The mail shows up in the SENT folder but a while later we sometimes get an e-mail saying the mail was not delivered. Many of the sent e-mails, though, just end up in limbo. The strange thing is that only a few people have this problem in an office where everyone is configured the same - same POP/SMTP server, same Outlook settings. For some, changing the SMTP server seemed to help even though it didn't make any sense. We don't know if it's a...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

Undeliverable Email #2
A co worker of mine did a Exchange migration to a new server. The server name was changed and the user accounts were recreated from scratch. The Exchange emails were imported into the new user accounts. Any time a users replies to an email received internally prior to the move to the new server it is undeliverable. The problem is that the old email address has the old server name /o=wafsbs06 instead of the new server name /o=waf1sbs. The complete old address is: /O=WAFSBS06 /OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP /CN=RECIPIENTS /CN=ADMINISTRATOR Is there a way on the new exchange server to fix...

2-sided/ duplex printing
I'm trying to print a Publisher brochure 2-sided/ duplex. When I go to Print Properties on my Dell 966 Printer, the two sided option is grayed out. This is not a problem printing from Word or Powerpoint so it seems to be something specific to Publisher. Any ideas? What version Publisher? Have you ever used the two-sided printing wizard in the advanced print setup? If you have see if resetting the tab makes a difference. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bill Hutchings" <BillHutchings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5DEF2EA-31C8-4D8B-A7D1-...

How to capture parent dialog title text into child,sub-sub...child dialogs? #2
is it possible to capture parent window text(title bar text) instead of sending the title text from parent to child. actually in our project we have more than 200 dialogs, and nw our client needs title bar look like parent text/child text. for example say suppose we hav 3 dilaogs nd 1st dialog is parent of 2nd and 3rd dialogs and 2nd is parent of 3rd dialog so 3rd dialog is subchild for 1st dialog and child for 2nd dialog. lets say 1st dialogs - title text is Dialog1 2nd dialogs - title text is Dialog2 3rd dialogs - title text is Dilaog3 and now the title text for each dialog should be as fo...

Major severe weather outbreak expected just after 2 A.M. here in the Windy City!
Just fyi! ...

Columns Compare and Row Insertion Alignment #2
I have trying to find a macro routine that will compare two columns in a sheet and perform row insertions on the left or right column based on compare being lower or higher. the compare should work on text as well as numbers. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks, Greg EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx ...

xlstart #2
hi jim, turned out to be so simple a solution :-)... thank you very much. mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26637 ...

CRM 3.0 Upgrade. Missing notes in Cases, that were there in 1.2
Just finished my upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 on Monday. Have been upgrading SFO clients over the last couple of days. All data came over fine, and all looks and is working great. Had a couple of users report that notes they had put in some of their Active Cases in 1.2 are no longer there. If they click the drop down arrow, the notes are in the summary. If the case is opened they are nowhere to be found. This is true in both the web/SFO client. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Terry I know of a limitation in v3 whereby the note title does not display in the note list view, this can be more ...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

Outgoing mail #2
Recipients not able to open mails sent to them. All they see are sender's name and subject title. How do I adjust my security settings - every time I open to type a mail, I get a message: Current settings prohibit running activeX on this page. As a result, this page may not display correctly. >-----Original Message----- >On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:27:10 -0700, "taiyewo"=20 <taiyewo@yahoo.com> >wrote: > >>Recipients not able to open mails sent to them. All=20 they=20 >>see are sender's name and subject title. How do I=20 adjust=20 >>my se...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

AP Checks #2
I processe checks using the Select Checks process. I printed the checks and tried to process the batch. I got an error and it will not post. The erros directs to use Batch Recoverty to post the batch. I used Batched Recovery many times and it still does not work. Any suggestions? Fidel What does the edit list for that batch say? Ie any errors? "Fidel" wrote: > I processe checks using the Select Checks process. I printed the checks and > tried to process the batch. I got an error and it will not post. The erros > directs to use Batch Recoverty to post the ba...

excel charts #2
Hi to all! I can I mix two charts so that I have one chart with the avarage of th two? (note that the two charts may not have the same number of elements e.g 2, 3, 5 and 33, 5, 65, 22, 1) Thank you! :) Fren -- fren ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1470 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26325 Hi you have to claculate the average in your source data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frenz" <frenz.1d3jtb@excel...

looking for 2 days of support
I live in the Dallas area and am looking for someone (not a company) to come on site for about 2 - 3 days of Dynamics GP work getting things set up. A friend and I are going to be developing solutions and need GP configured, etc. As a result, we can't pay $150+/hr. If anyone is willing to work for $50/hr, send email to tatung70 @ hotmail. com. Thanks ...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

Can Pivot Table layout be copied???
A few weeks ago, I ended up with the perfect Pivot Table layout by dragging fields around -- I just don't remember how I got there! I have attempted to create a similar table (with new data) but, even though the field layout buttons are in the exact same locations, the table looks different. I'm trying to get "Sum of 2004", "Sum of 2005," etc. as column headings across the top instead of having all years one below the other. Is there any way to copy the layout from the "perfect" table to the new one? I answered my own question, with help from De...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...