Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Hello All:

I have a relatively large spreadsheet.

I am getting errors (see after my signature line). What could be
causing these errors? Is it that the spreadsheet is too large?

Thanks

Deguza

Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log

Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\deguza\My
Documents\sales\Sales_2006_2007.xls'
The following is a list of repairs:

Global PivotTable report information was repaired due to integrity
problems.
Global PivotTable report information was repaired due to integrity
problems.
Global PivotTable report information was repaired due to integrity
problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable16' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Brazes by
Col.' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable14' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable3' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable2' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable4' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable5' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable6' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable7' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable8' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable9' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable10' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable11' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable12' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable13' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]Pv by Col by
Month ' was discarded due to integrity problems.
PivotTable report 'PivotTable15' on '[Sales_2006_2007.xls]PV LF vs SF'
was discarded due to integrity problems.
Global PivotTable report information was repaired due to integrity
problems.

0
deguza (12)
7/17/2007 11:46:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Help w/ getting F2 into a macro
I have an Excel 2000 speadsheet with 9000 rows of data which someone imported from some other software. The one column should contain numeric data, but the import left it with some preceding spaces and a following asterisk. This needs to be converted to numerical format which can be referenced by formulae. I really don't want to plow through 9000 lines and am trying to set up a macro to do this. The following keystrokes have the right effect. F2 (function key to go to edit mode) Backspace (to delete the training asterisk character) Enter (which writes back to the cell a...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

Freeze when toggling from UserForm to Spreadsheet
I was wondering if anyone else ever runs into this problem, and if so what causes it, and how to fix it. When I am in the Microsoft Visual Basic Window, there is one form that causes excel to freeze (excel.exe resource shoot to 99%), forcing me to shut down excel manually, and lose any changes. This only occurs if I have that form visible and I toggle from the form back to the spreadsheet. There are no problems/errors running the user form. It occurs only when I am working in the VB Window and toggle back to the Excel spreadsheet window. It does not occur with any other UserForm, or when ...

Cannot Print Spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. I have Microsoft Office For Mac 2008 installed Version 12.2.4, which is the latest update. I have also updated my HP printer with the latest driver for Mac Snow Leopard . My printer works just fine. HP Tech Support advises that the problem is not with my printer. I can print documents from Word just fine. But I CANNOT print a spreadsheet or workbook from Excel! <br><br>I have been through several of the posts on the Excel Forum, and have checked to ...

mail will not get through
Hi, I keep getting 42 messages trying to come through and they get stuck on message 28. I then get a message saying 'client connected' and I can never retrieve the other messages. I then cannot delete the first 27 messages. Do I have a virus or something or what is happening? There could be a message in the server that is a problem. You should use your email provider's web mail services, or web mail in some web site. Look at the messages in the server; you probably will want to delete the ones that have already downloaded. That will take time to do; to match up t...

How do I get keep the format (superscript) from a table?
I have a report that is using a vlookup to come up with a value. The vlookup table has cells with superscripts. How do I keep the superscript format when the lookup returns a value. Not all data in the table has a superscript. Formulas return values--not formats. Maybe a macro that would copy|paste would work??? P3SAB$ wrote: > > I have a report that is using a vlookup to come up with a value. The > vlookup table has cells with superscripts. How do I keep the superscript > format when the lookup returns a value. Not all data in the table has a > superscript. -- D...

How do I get all narrative to fit into one cell block?
I handle moves of sites. There is one field that requires some fairly extensive explanation of any issues that have occurred for history purposes. I have discovered that excel will cut off at a certain amount of data. If you click on the excel box you can see all the data. However, when it prints and when you are not on the box you cannot read the remainder of the issues and ifit was resolved. Is there any way I can tell excel to open up the number of charaters it will handle per cell? I have tried to abreviate but that has not even helped. I have even made the print smalle...

After closing, Outlook remains in task bar, How did get rid of it
I have 4 profiles on my outlook. two weeks ago, whenever the first person logged on after a shutdown, an icon appears in the task bar. When outlook is subsequently closed, the icon remains. Any further attempt to open outlook, opens to the profile that was last opened. It should open to a window that allows a different profile to open outlook. Now the only way to switch profiles is to shutdown and reopen outlook. That profile is then the only one that can be opened until shutdown. Can anyone help!! You have a 3rd party application installed that is keeping Outlook open at ...

Sharing an excel spreadsheet
I am trying to make an Excel spreadsheet so that people from different departments can put information into it and then we can save it as one spreadsheet -- my hope is that from this spreadsheet we could see at any particular time just where this particular item is in our manufacturing process or when it left. I have put the spreadsheet in a shared folder and mapped a drive to the spreadsheeet. I am using 2007 and the other people are using 2003. I have made saved the file so that it is in compatibility mode. They can put the information in, but they can not save the information to ...

How do I link Visio Custom Properites to an Excell Spreadsheet
consider investigating the database wizard under tools (export to database) al "MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710B554E-59B1-4617-988F-96253CAB09E3@microsoft.com... > ...

get font from HDC
Hi, I would like to modify a function used to render some HTML and use the font I have choosen : // C functions int __stdcall DrawHTML( HDC hdc, // handle of device context LPCTSTR lpString, // address of string to draw int nCount, // string length, in characters LPRECT lpRect, // address of structure with formatting dimensions UINT uFormat // text-drawing flags ) { .... /* get the "default" font from the DC */ SavedD...

Struggling to get large application icon on Vista
I'm using VS 2008 w/MFC (develping under Vista), I can't get the exe's large icon to display. I copied the *.ico file from an MFC sample project (which displays correct in the sample). When I view the icon from VS in my project, I correctly see the "M-F-C" logo in 13 different sizes and modes, all the way up to 256x256 32 bit, PNG. However, when I compile my app and look at the exe's icon from Windows Explorer, the icon is only displayed when I choose "Small Icons", "List", or "Details" (i.e., 16x16). All other sizes display a b...

How do I get the budget part of Microsoft Money to work?
I'm trying to work with my budget in Microsoft Money and am running into all sorts of problems. 1) I have multiple accounts set up in Money but I want ONLY ONE account to be reflected in the budget. I have gone to every category's page and have selected my cash flow be for that one account and yet it continues to show other transactions from my other accounts in my budget. How do I get to do only one? 2) It doesn't seem to reflect accurate information when I look at a report. For example, I have a category I budgeted 70 dollars in. My report says I've only spent 91 cent...

OPENING SPREADSHEET
This ought to be simple for someone out there: How can I close a spreadsheet so that when I re-open it, it ALWAYS re-opens to the point where I last closed it. Thanks, Larry Hi Larry, > How can I close a spreadsheet so that when I re-open it, > it ALWAYS re-opens to the point where I last closed it. Save the workbook when you close it. --- Regards, Norman "flkulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote in message news:115c01c4a5c2$a03e6a60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > This ought to be simple for someone out there: > > How can I close a spreadsheet so that when I r...

Excel 2007
So here's my issue: Excel 2007 user opens more than one spreadsheet, however, when (in Excel) you attempt to use the Switch Windows toolbar button, it only lists ONE sheet open. Opening subsequent spreadsheets results in an individual instance of Excel for each worksheet (and for each one, if you try and switch windows, you only see the one sheet open in that particular workbook). How can I get it to behave properly, so that I have one instance of Excel open.....and multiple spreadsheets that I can switch to within the single instance of the application. Can't understand wha...

delete all the spreadsheet
Is it possible to delete all the spreadsheet in a workbook ? A workbook has to have at least one sheet. It doesn't have to be a worksheet; it could be a chart sheet for example. -- Jim "Nader" <nader@infomaniak.ch> wrote in message news:42dfa211$0$1159$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch... | Is it possible to delete all the spreadsheet in a workbook ? | | You have one reply to your post in .programming. Nader wrote: > > Is it possible to delete all the spreadsheet in a workbook ? -- Dave Peterson ...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...

How do I Click a Command Button on another protected spreadsheet from mine?
I need to copy information from my spreadsheet to another 3rd party protected spreadsheet and Click a Command Button on it, and then the Start button when it appears. And then maybe enter info into a login screen if I'm not connected to the internet, because it goes to a Government site to return information into the spreadsheet. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks now for any help. ...

spreadsheet
I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. How do I do this. Thank you Hi Mary, If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check Print Gridlines. Hope this helps. Pete Mary wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. > How do I do this. Thank you Thank you very much. that worked fine. Thanks again. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Hi Mary, > > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check > Print Gridlines. > > Hope this helps. >...

i cant get into excell spreadsheet
Is that a question? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "tony" <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC3CB698-4457-4EAE-B3FB-7AC51481FDB7@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel File Corruption
I have a large excel spreadsheet (exceeding 5MB) that suddenly failed to update cell references. Due to the amount of changes being made on this particular day, I had put about three hours of work in ( all saved periodically) when I realized that cells referring to other celss were not updating when the values of the xource cells changes. I also discovered that cell references had failed to update when rows were added above the source cells. I work for a large international services firm, but our in-house tech group had no answers, excpet to suggest closing everything, re-booting, and reope...

how do I get a didgital ID
I am new to Outlook Express and I tried to send an Email but a box popped up saying "can not send email as you do not have a didgital ID" . I can not find out how to get this ID can any one tell me please Firstly you have put your question in the wrong section i.e. Excel. Anyway, you need to configure the Outlook Express for a particular mail ID along with the POP servers IPs to start using it. If either of the POP servers don't recognize your user login name or if there are no POP servers configured, you may get this error. Follow the Wizard and you will be ok... Vikran...

My spreadsheets are not printing completely in Excel.
We have a problem printing Excel with our HP printers in XP. Many pages do not print completely or there is a line across the pages. They look fine in print preview but they do not print correctly. We have tried 2 different printers and 2 versions of Excel. You may have page breaks inserted, if so remove them "Excel printing problems" wrote: > We have a problem printing Excel with our HP printers in XP. Many pages do > not print completely or there is a line across the pages. They look fine in > print preview but they do not print correctly. We have tried 2 different...