Spreadsheet Formatting

I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting.  Th
many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i
different offices in differenct cities.  The files are stored on
shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne
files.

The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin
the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time
new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an
Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.)

Why is this happening?  Is there a way to keep the formatting from no
changing when different users access the files?  This is very upsettin
when you spend time altering and then all your work gets changed at th
click of a button.

Any help would be very much appreicated

--
tanyhar
tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3514

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

HexaDecimal format with Cstring
I would like to generate a striung in HexaDecimal format from a numeric value. I use CString format for this dValue = 20.0; CString cstrValue; cstrValue.Format(_T("%#0X"), dValue) But 'X' will cause the prefix as well as the Hexadecimal characters as block letters and if i use 'x' it wiull use small letters everywhere. Is there any possibility to mix this up so that I can get an output for example '0x2AB' i.e. x must be small and the rest be in capital. 0x%0X why worry about how to fool the system into solving a non-problem? Note that if the value yo...

conditional format #21
I would like a cell to turn red if I enter L or PB. Normally I would use a 2 conditional formats 1 for L and 1 for PB, but I need more than 3 conditional formats. Is there a way to combine the one for L and PB? When setting up the conditional format, set condition 1 to "Formula is" and use a formula like this: =OR(A1="L",A1="PB",A1="X") You can set as many conditions as an OR() statement will accommodate: 30. Thanks Dave that worked great. "Dave O" wrote: > When setting up the conditional format, set condition 1 to "Formula is&q...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Function to format a value into percent with no decimal
I have about 50 rows of data, each with 2 columns. The first column (A) holds a number; the format is General. The second column (B) divides the number in A over 51, using this formula =A1/51 (and =A2/51, =A3/51, etc.). The format for column B is Percentage with 0 decimal places, so the results look like 25%, 4%, etc. I'd like to create a third column (C) which concatenates the results of columns A & B to yield something like: 13 (25%) But instead I get: 13 (0.254901960784314) The function I'm using is: =B1 & " (" & C1 & ")" I'm thinking I...

date format not working

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

date format
i would like to change the date format that appears in templates, to the UK format ie day/month/year, any ideas. I think this follows your system settings. Other than that, when you Insert > Field into a shape, you can specify the formatting from the list on the right. In your case you want something like DD.MM.YY. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "sadie" <sadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC6D9EE-B70D-4AB9-BC6F-AF24D60EED82@microsoft.com... >i would like to change the date format that appears in templates, to the UK > format i...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...

Incorrect Date formatting
When I type in a date using my number keypad (i.e. 02032002) for Feb 3, 2002, the date appears incorrectly in my cell. Using this example, my cell appears as 6/6/7463. I have changed to the default "date" format both under Format: Style and Format: Cells. I also emailed the spreadsheet to another party. They can fix the cell to read correctly, but when it comes back to me, it again formats incorrectly. I have not (purposefully) added any functions or "if" messages to my dates, as they are just simple date entries. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks! Ch...

Conditional formatting #34
I am using Excel 2003, has anyone noticed that in conditional formatting, double line does not exist as a line style? Hi yes but conditional format is somewhat restricted. If you need different styles you have to use VBA (an event procedure) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany nc wrote: > I am using Excel 2003, has anyone noticed that in > conditional formatting, double line does not exist as a > line style? ...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

spreadsheet
I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. How do I do this. Thank you Hi Mary, If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check Print Gridlines. Hope this helps. Pete Mary wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. > How do I do this. Thank you Thank you very much. that worked fine. Thanks again. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Hi Mary, > > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check > Print Gridlines. > > Hope this helps. >...

Email address format
Email addresses in our Exchange system are currently in the format of: FirstNameLastName@mydomain. We now want to separate the first and last name with a full stop. Is there somewhere I can change the format to: FirstName.LastName@mydomain and make this the default for any new users that are created? Many thanks Homer On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:49:06 -0800, "Homer" <Homer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Email addresses in our Exchange system are currently in the format of: >FirstNameLastName@mydomain. > >We now want to separate the first and last name with a...

how can i change dates from US to UK format
Hi all, I have a large-ish spreadsheet with dates of birth in a mixture of US and UK formats. I need them all in UK format. Is there a formula I can use to change the US style into UK (ie swap the day and month round so it goes day-month-year instead of month first) Thank you! You have a comprehensive answer already to your previous, almost identical post. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "kuju" <kuju@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38A70539-C120-4873-B2ED-AAE4248F8709@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I have a large-ish spreadsheet with dates of birth in...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...

Error Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I'm trying to import a general excel spreadsheet into access. However, everytime I try to import it, it says there is an error importing the data and that it can not be imported. Also, it doesn't give me any indication to what type of error it is. I've tried pasting the data into a fresh spreadsheet and that still didn't reslove the issue. Does any one have an idea onto why I would be getting this error message? hi Jason- It could be some of the values in the title of a column such as # and @. What kind of data are you importing? Time- Dates- just words? Are there ...

Confusing spreadsheet
I have been tasked with trying to simplify a few spreadsheets that i use. They are to track certain tasks that run, and then certain fields with the output created. I don't have much time to get it in place so i have found a few quick things that may make life easier, but wanted some help in the code needed/best way to make these changes. 1) Is there away to get multiple spreadsheets to update one main sheet? There will be 5 seperate sheets for the different 'types' of runs, and then one main sheet keeping track of run numbers, which will have 5 tabs for the dif...

Pre-formatted e-mail
I have been using EUDORA for 10-15 years and am now in the process of converting to Outlook. One of the key things I have in EUDORA is pre-formatted e-mail forms. These are set up with a subject line, cc line addresses and a body of text. All I do is insert the "To" line and a salutation and send it. I use them for prospect referrals (I supervise a number of units in three states of a youth program - the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps, and receive prospects daily that I must refer to the closest unit). I have to have one of these for each unit in order to forward contact information to th...

Formatting multiple forms
I have 16 forms that I would like to be identical in layout, although the content is different in each. I am having to go through and hand-format eash one. Is there a way to do one form and automate the rest? Thanks!!!!! Create a "template form" that has the formatting like you want it for all of them. Then make a copy of the template to start a new form. Now add your record source and controls. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Golfinray" wrote: > I have 16 forms that I would like to be identical in layout, although the > content is different in each....