Splitting addresses from outlook into cells

Hi,

I want to get a list of email addresses from outlook into separat
cells in Excel.

So my data is like this:

name1@email.com; name2@email.com; name3@email.com etc. etc. (there ar
about 50 addresses in total).

How do I get Excel to sperate these cells using the ";"?

Thanks

Kestre

--
kestre
kestrel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1908

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Just remembered how to do it:

Data / Text to column

--
kestre
kestrel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1908
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52428

Multiple outlook.exe's running in the processes tab of the Task Manager
I've noticed a regular occurrence when shutting my machine down for the night. I'm a long time user of windows so I still shut down all my applications before I shut down the operating system. Call me old but I believe it keeps the system clean. But I've noticed a problem. OS: XP Professional Mail App: Outlook 2002 After shutting down all applications, I attempt to shut down the machine and I get a window indicating OUTLOOK.EXE is still running and it asks me to shut it down, so I do...Then the same window pops up again, so I end the process again. Well, what I have noti...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

Outlook crashes when accessing public folders
Outlook crashes when accessing public folder of any kind. I have Outlook 2003 sp3 on Windows Xp machine. I also have COM AddIn installed on my machine, which basically pulls custom forms from organisational folder. The error from event log is as below: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000eddc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Sam Have you tried creating a new mail profile via the mail applet in the control panel? (don't copy the existing profile, create a n...

Credit Card address button activation
I've installed RMS 2.0 and the hot fix 115. When I try to utilize the manual credit card entry the address button isn't active. I've activated/deactivated both EDC buttons and no change. How do you activate the adrress button. -- cthompson@adctech.com Have you entered all EDC info in Administrator, set up the tender type in manager, and Z'd out the register? -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions "Curt Thompson" wrote: > I've installed RMS 2.0 and the hot fix 115. When I try to utilize the manual > credit card entry the address button isn't active. ...

Excel 2007: Sort by Cell Color
Hi, I have Excel 2007 with a fairly new computer and 2gb of RAM. When I try to sort a spreadsheet by cell color, the program locks up and I have to quit. There are 46000 records in the sheet - I understand this is a big ask for the computer but with 2gb of RAM it should be able to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this work better? Thanks. I hadn't tried sorting by color (cell fill color) before (new XL2007 feature) so I created a 46000 row by 3 column 'database' with two fill colors in the first column. It sorted in less than 5 seconds on a les...

importing dbx files from cd back to outlook express
I had my outlook express mail backed up on a cd rom on my old laptop. how do i restore my mail (.dbx files) from the cd, back into outlook express on my new laptop? i've been trying to use the import feature on OE but i keep getting error messages, ie, "not a win32 application", or when i browse the path, it says, "no mesages can be foudn in this folder, or another application running has the required file sopen", even though i have no other applications open? any suggestions? See insideoe.tomsterdam.com for instructions. You'll also need to verify the fi...

Relationship Betwee Exchange Mailbox SCL Setting and Outlook Spam Setting
At one of my clients I have set the Exchange Server SCL threshold at 8 and the mailbox threshold at 7 for the Intelligent Message Filter I have set the Junk Mail setting in the users' Outlook 2003 to 'low'. I have updated the Exchange Server and Outlook Intelligent Message Filters. My question is how does the mailbox threshold of 7 in Exchange interact/relate to a user's Outlook 2003 Junk Mail Setting of 'low' or 'medium'? I have never seen this described. Thank you in advance. -- Regards, Allan C Outlook (2003) Junk Mail feature does not interact wit...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

Sort email by email address
From the Inbox, Is there a way to see the email address of the send of email. Currently the "From" category will show you name of the person sending you email. If that email doesn't have the person's name defined, Outlook will show you the entire address in the "From" category. I want to be able always see the email address instead of the name. By looking at the actual email address, I can definetely tell whether or not an email is spam because of the user name or domain name. ...

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text
Hi, Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any text in them what so ever? Hi, =Counta(A1:A100), will count cells that are not blank if this helps please click yes, thanks "wotanthewanderer@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any > text in them what so ever? > Try this: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*") That counts TEXT only, ignores numbers. =COUNTA(A1:A10) That will count all non-empty cells regardless of data type. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <wotanthewanderer@gmail.c...

Outlook 2003 Stand Alone
I have Office XP Professional. I want to upgrade my Outlook only. Does any one know if Outlook 2003 can be purchased as a stand alone and have it come with the "Business Contact Manager". I have been into all the local computer stores and the personal there just don't know. Please help with this info. Thanks much. SteveR7138@msn.com Checked out Microsoft's pages for Outlook 2003. As far as Business Contact Manager is concerned: How to Buy Business Contact Manager is included in Office Small Business Edition 2003 and Office Professional Edition 2003. Looks like you&#...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Can not import message from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook
Hi there Can anyone provide the help to me. I want to transfer my Outlook Express 6 (on old PC/Win98SE) mail to Outlook 2002 (on new PC/WinXP). I followed the procedure which was provided by Microsoft as below. http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/HA010943871033.aspx However finally I got the following message: "The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close it and try again." It really drive me crazy! Kiwi@Sydney <Kiwi@Sydney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone provide the help to me. > I...

Outlook doesn't give option to add Exchange service
One of our users had a laptop meltdown, and is setting up the new drive on WinXP Pro. When he finished installing Office 2000 with all patches and tried to open Outlook 2000 he must have tried setting it up while logged in as the administrator then realized he needed to be logged in as himself, so logged off and on again. Anyway, now he no longer has Services listed under Tools, and can't set up Microsoft Exchange service as his email service. Even when he opens Mail in Control Panel, it goes straight into the options for adding Internet email, rather than the list of Services, D...

Cannot send email in Outlook 2007
Messages are received but cannot send - they stay in Outbox. Have checked all the account setup information and all appears to be ok - did the test and it connects to the incoming server but not the outgoing server - using Starband as my email address but am not using Starband as my current ISP - my virus software is AVG and it is not scanning outgoing email - I have sent an email to Starband support advising them of my current IP address in case it is a Starband problem, but since I receive email that doesn't seem to make too much sense - any suggestions would be appreciat...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

Outlook Balloon notifications
I have a large number of users who continually get a pop-up balloon from their sys tray indicating that "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the exchange server" This is a predominately Cisco infrastructure with Gigabit throuout the datacenter and 100Mbs at the LAN. All PC's are XP Pro SP3 and current on updates. Exchange server passes BPA and we have created a new mailbox server to offload some of the larger mailboxes. I am looking for direction on both diagnosis as well as guidelines on if this activity is expected and at what level. My users are frustrate...

Fradulent use of Outlook
Hope one of you cna help here. I've had enquires from people commenting on the ability for Outlook users to 'change' their email address as it will appear in senders inboxes. Obviously this could be used by individuals in a fraudlent manner i.e. i send an email out and it appears in your inboxes as custoemrservices@ebay.com - i then ask for your account details. Does anyone no of a) how easy it is to do and then b)Why this function exisits whithin outlook (if ofcourse it does) - also i suppose will this function work through an exchange server? ...

Outlook Bombing out network...
Got a new Dell Demension 4600C for Christmas. Copied old Outlook files from the old computer, and just overrode the local setting>application data>microsoft>outlook file. Worked like a charm. All my folders and emails were in there after a reboot. Later, I installed a hub to have a computer online for my wife to use. Internet access worked fine, but when she launched outlook on her machine, all heck broke loose. Screwed the connection, etc. Restart modem, hub, computers, and we're back on line. What can I do to get both computers working and both running outlook? Thank...

Split data into new sheets
I have a (very) long list, sorted by account code. I would like to write a macro that splits the list into separate sheets in the workbook, with a separate sheet for each account code. Ideally, I would also like to rename each sheet to show which account code the sheet contains. I have no idea, though, where to start. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi bernard How many different accounts are in the list (more or less than 250)??? below some code that I use to split files by account numbers where the user has to select a cell within the column that contains the account number... Hope thi...

MS Outlook Add-in/software
Hi. Anyone know a Add-in/software tool which "read through" all emails and catch sender emails, names & telephone numbers? (It should be reading the email signature and the purpose is to store these data in Excel, csv or Access). ...

Outlook signature file
I need to create a signature for a manager I work for. He would like to include the company logo to make it look like his business card. When I attempt to do this, the text will appear but the logo will not. I've seen graphics in auto signatures before, so I believe it can be done. But I'm just not sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lisa ...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...

after exchange disaster recovery outlook does not connect
helloo friends...i have a scenario here...i have exchange server on domain controller at HO...and one more active exchange server on additional controller at Data recovery center, exchange datbase unmounted...all outlook clients are connected HO exchange server...we have veritas volume manager and veritas volume replicator for exchange database replication....if this HO exchange server is down i mounted exchange using the replicated database...after mounting the database, i changed old exchange server to new exchange server using Vxmvmbx utility provided by vertias...all the mail box...