I have 2 columns of data

Country	            Band
UK	            A
GERMANY            B
ITALY	            B
FRANCE	            D
SWEDEN	            D
DENMARK	            E

Is there a way I can show the data via colums ie

Band
A              B             C              D                E
UK            Germany                   France         Denmark
Italy                         Sweden

BR
Simo

--
spgprivat
spgprivate's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3586

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

spgprivate wrote:
> Hi again !
>
> Another simply one I hope:
>
> I have 2 columns of data
>
> Country             Band
> UK             A
> GERMANY            B
> ITALY             B
> FRANCE             D
> SWEDEN             D
> DENMARK             E
>
> Is there a way I can show the data via colums ie
>
> Band
> A              B             C              D                E
> UK            Germany                   France         Denmark
> Italy                         Sweden
>

> BR
> Simon

I'm not sure of what you're trying to do, because of the layout of data you
posted, but I think you could try with a pivot table...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

0
fra68ve (124)

Sorting

How to sort account list?

How to Merge Date from 3 columns to 1
I have a spreadsheet where the date is spread over 3 columns I,J & K and I wish to merge them to Column B in the format dd-mmm-yyyy as shown below. B I J K 02-Feb-2003 02 Feb 2003 27-Mar-1999 27 Mar 1999 01-Apr-1978 Apr 1978 01-Jan-1998 1998 14-Jun-2002 14 Jun 2002 Where there is a blank for the day in 'Column I' I need it to copy as 01 and where there is a blank for the month in 'Column J' I need it to copy as Jan. Where all 3 column...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Macro filter on query
I need to run 8 append and update queries using the same date range. I created a Form with the "Month" field as the filter and a command button to run the macro to run the Append & Update queries for records in the month range. I can't get the Apply Filter macro to work on the Query Date field. Any suggestions? Apply Filter action will not do what you seek. Your queries must have a WHERE clause that refers in some way to the textbox on the form where you've entered the Month value/data that you want to use in the queries. To assist you further, you need to post ...

Row names will not move with sort

formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily
formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily =NOW() or =TODAY() -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years Pearson Software Consulting www.cpearson.com (email on the web site) "Vishal" <Vishal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1065C8D9-220E-4071-AEEC-B3ECE6593D1D@microsoft.com... > formula to update todays date in excell automatically daily ...

Microsoft Query criteria syntax for date() or today()
Essentially, I need MS Query syntax for a calculation based on today's date. I'm using Microsoft Query from inside Excel to extract data from an ODBC database. I want to download everything with a date of, say, in the last 60 days. I can't find any documentation for Microsoft Query and its Help doesn't seem to address this. I've tried Excel and Access systax such as >Date()- 60 and =Today()-60. I've tried copying in the SQL text created by Access. I don't know how to say "Today" or "Now" or "Date". Any help out there? ...

Rules and filters.txt
1) If filters.txt is really just a readme file to demo what Outlook is doing, where are the actual entries stored in Outlook 2002 ? In a text file, like "Junk Senders.txt" ? Or the Registry ? I can see it is the outlfltr.dat for 2003. But where is it in Outlook 2002 ? 2) These 3 rules fall into 2 Types: - Content: Adult Content Rule, Junk E-Mail Rule - Exceptions: Exception List I'm having difficulty interpreting the implementation of the "Exceptions List" rule. If it represents the exceptions to who or what may use junk or adult criteria, th...

sorts not sorting

Highlight date nearest to TODAY()
Hi I have dates in a column in this format : 16/01/2010 16/02/2010 16/03/2010 16/04/2010 16/05/2010 16/06/2010 I'm trying to set the conditional formatting so that the nearest date to today is in bold. Can someone help with this? Grateful for any advice. Best Wishes Define nearest. If these were your dates: 15/3/2010 17/3/2010 And today was 16/3/2010 Which is the nearest date? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:iw0DNgAaMDoLFwgB@chayes.demon.co.uk... >...

Cannot remove Intelligent Message Filter Ver 1 to install EX2K3-Sp2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C5E563.9D2EF330 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When trying to install SP2 on Exchange 2003, I got the flag that I = needed to remove the Intelligent Message Filter before preceeding, no = problem says I. However, on inspection there is no uninstall. On = running setup from the Intelligent Message Filter install, in hopes to = uninstall it from there, I get an unexpected error - code 2755, which = probably means that it found that it was alread...

import- number- sort?

date formula #2
Hi i am trying for a way to work out how i can formulate the date, ie. if today is 17 November 2003, i want to import data from date 1 Novemeber 2003 how would i do this and what formulae would i use? any idea ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com =today()-1 GB "jaggosai" <jaggosai.x32sz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jaggosai.x32sz@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hi i am trying for a way to work out how i can formulate the dat...

multi criteria filter
Hi, If i want to filter a single column to only show A G, J, and P ( i choose these letters as they cant be lumped together as a range) how would i do that in a maro or VB Any tips appreciated Cheers Deus -- DNE You could do it using Data|Advanced filter using a criteria range. Record a macro when you do it once and you'll have the code. Debra Dalgleish has some tips for working with Advanced Filter here: http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Another option would be to use a helper column that contains formulas that return true/false and then filter that column to show the ...

sorting macro #3

Sorting checking register

sum if and between dates
Hi all I am trying to sum information based on the following conditions Cell E3 = Sum if = *Account A* and between *>= 20/6/05 and <=24/6/05* The Answer would be 279 A B C D E 1 19/06/2005 Account A 125 20/06/2005 2 20/06/2005 Account A 150 24/06/2005 3 21/06/2005 Account B 156 Account A 4 22/06/2005 Account B 135 5 23/06/2005 Account C 142 6 24/06/2005 Account A 129 7 25/06/2005 Account C 200 8 26/06/2005 Account A 300 -- mathewheys ---------------------------------------------------...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...

Enhancement for capitalizing dates
Why not allow the user to display months and weekdays in all uppercase (caps) by typing the format abbreviations in uppercase (caps)? For example, MMM or MMMM or DDD or DDDD in any date format would display the text months and weekdays in uppercase. This straight-forward convention is used in other programs and, in fact, is even used for displaying a.m./p.m. (lowercase) or A.M./P.M. (uppercase) in Excel by capitalizing the format abbreviations for time. This seems like a no brainer . . . Blue Max wrote: > Why not allow the user to display months and weekdays in all uppercase >...

sorting issue
Hi, When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one column empty cells above the sort display first. How can this be prevented. I know when there is data in any of the other column but not on the column being sorted this will happen. Any thoughts? Pat Are you sure the cells are really empty? They don't contain spaces or even formulas that evaluate to "". (Even formulas converted to values that returned "")? Pat wrote: > > Hi, > > When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one > column em...

Sort not sorting all rows
I'm using Excel 2000. have created a document, uploaded it to google docs and spreadsheets, exported it as a doc, converted it to a spreadsheet (excel) and uploaded it again to google docs. It's not a complicated file - no calculations or anything, just a simple log to enable us to collaborate on change requests and website faults. New requests are assigned a number incrementally one higher than the previous. So we need to sort on the Log number column to see what the last logged number was. However, it sorts most of the spreadsheet and leaves the same 5 rows unsorted at the...

Aged Trial Balance as on a particular Date
Hi, When I print the Aged Trial Balance report in purchase module as on a particular date, it does not filter the transactions, instead it shows up transactions beyond the filtered date. Both the document date and posting date of the transactions getting displayed are after the filtered date. For example, I give 31-12-2008 as the date in the "Pint / Age as of: Enter Date" option. The report output shows up transactions with Document Date and Posting Date after 31-12-2008. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason? Thanks & Regards, Perumal Perumal, You need to us...