Sorting Data..HELP!

I am trying to sort my speadsheet by the date. When I sort it only
moves the information in the colum with the sort information instead of
the whole row. How do I get the rows to move with the sorted
information?

Thank you so much!

0
jill1 (1)
8/30/2005 3:36:04 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

<jill@kristendistributing.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to sort my speadsheet by the date. When I sort it only
> moves the information in the colum with the sort information instead of
> the whole row. How do I get the rows to move with the sorted
> information?
>
> Thank you so much!

Hello

Highlight all the columns that you wish to include, then choose data/sort
and choose the column with the date in it to be the first column to sort by.
The rest of the data will then "follow" it.

0
MarkI (15)
8/30/2005 3:50:38 PM
Hi Jill,
Suggest you first select the entire worksheet before sorting, so that
all cells are involved.    Excel tries to be helpful and expands
a single cell to the current region   (Ctrl+*)  which is just helpful
enough to cause you later grief.     More information on sorting
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

To select all cells on a worksheet:
Use  Ctrl+A to select all cells,  or
use  Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar    if you are using Excel 2003 to be safe
      http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#foobar
use the gray button between the lettered column headers an numbered row headers.
      which is not the same as it changes the activecell.
---
HTH,

<jill@kristendistributing.com> wrote in message news:1125416164.646580.88570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I am trying to sort my speadsheet by the date. When I sort it only
> moves the information in the colum with the sort information instead of
> the whole row. How do I get the rows to move with the sorted
> information?
>
> Thank you so much!

copying data
Getting errors when copying data from workbook to workbook. Shutdown and restart allows without errors. ...

Calendaring question
Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. A manager has granted "editor" rights to his secretary for his calendar. Here are the issues: 1. The manager wants only to receive meeting requests sent to him. He does not want to receive anything else. 2. From the manager's workstation I go to tools >options > delegates> make the secratary an editor >. From that point it seems you basically have an all or nothing choice. If I choose the option "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me" ...then the manager will receive all ...

Request for help to use EPM
Hello, I have some questions about EPM. it has some products. should I install all of them to work with EPM? also I wanted to ask if all the EPM's functionalities are available via its Web access environment. for example Project's creation, planning, design, control and monitoring. Thanks in advance Inas You would be better to repost on the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server microsoft.public.project.server. You also can see answers to some of the questions you pose in Microsoft's web site on Project EPM. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 10/01/10 10:0...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Sorting

How to sort account list?

Row names will not move with sort

Trendline partial data
I am trying to add a trendline to a process variable on a line-chart and use it to predict when remedial action is required. When the data parameter is reset, the trendline automatically takes in this new set of figures and attaches it to the previous, giving a totally skewed analysis. Is there any way that I can select only some of the data to trend? Then as the reset data grows, only to select the new series from the process? Thanks Hi David, Jon Peltier has a site that mentioned about dynamic charts which I find useful and you might want to check this out. http://peltier...

CDatabase help needed
Hi anyone know when and why CDatabase throwing an exception " Database already exists" " Driver's SQLSETCONNECTION Attr Failed" this comes when i tried to call CDatabase.OpenEx(myConnecString,NoOdbcdialog). There is nuthing wrong with ma connect string. help needed - Jibesh Hi, If you could supply details of your connection string and all relevant code we may be able to help. - Tim "jibesh" <jibesh.vp@m2comsys.com> wrote in message news:%233lKw%231QEHA.132@TK2MSF...

Aligning data with varying decimal places
I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals line up, without adding trailing zeroes? one way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom 0.??? In article <DD9B0C05-0A1D-4A5A-99F4-BB8030D9F7F2@microsoft.com>, edpaul <edpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column of cells in which the data include various numbers of decimal > places. Is there a way to align the data vertically so that the decimals > line up, without adding trailing zeroes? ...

sorts not sorting

Representing Dual Data in a Stacked Bar Chart
Here is my data: Location Flowers Trees Year 1 Year 2 Year 1 Year 2 Texas 55 63 36 14 Florida 67 75 24 21 NJ 32 27 52 10 Colorado 35 41 35 9 California 84 126 78 39 I want a stacked bar chart that shows Flowers & Trees for Year 1 next to another stacked bar for Year 2, grouped by location shown along the X axis. Please help, all I could come up with is a Stacked bar for Year 1, overlayed by 2 separate line graphs for Flowers/Yr2 and Trees/Yr2. -- VB On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, VB <VB@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want...

import- number- sort?

Data and Color calculations
I need to find a way to get total for a particular name. I work in a vineyard and we want to track how many of each vine we have. we have our rows and blocks of vines in a spread sheet. I now have to sort by name then count how many of each vine we have. I also assign the vines a color based on when they will be harvested. Can excel do the above type of calculation based on sum or total of a particular color Thanks so much for any help Ron redwards(at)ap.net Hi Ron, Try something like this modified to suit your ranges. Does not count Conditional Formatting colors. Dave McRitchie has a...

excel macro...PLEASE HELP!
Hi there, Here's what I would like to know how to execute. Assuming I have created a macro in place in a file. When I open that file, I want that macro to run...how do I do it? Thank your for reading and any suggestions are welcomed! Hi Jack Rename it Sub Auto_open() -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Jack" <tangjack@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00e601c38ceb$78b050d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Here's what I would like to know how to execute. > > Assuming I have created a macro in place in a file. When...

I am trying to project out a line graph based on data
Hi, I have made a line chart based on some data for a fiften year period. I would like to plot out the future points for a thirty year period based on this data. Does anyone know how to do this? To perform a line projection, first click on the series the you would like to forecast. Go to Chart -> Add Trendline. The "options" tab will allow you to project the trend forward. You will probably want to use the "linear" option. It can also provide an equation which would allow you to manually calculate a future projection as opposed to using the trendline. -- Jo...

Pivot Table
Hi! What is the maximum rows allowed in a data range when using a pivot table? I have a pivot table that uses a data range. When I have only 4581 records in the data range, the pivot table updates with no problems. But, when entering more than 4581, the pivot table won't update and gives me an error. Am I hitting the max on data rows within my data range or is there a work-around. Thanks!! dmotika The following MSKB articles outline PivotTable limitations for different versions of Excel: XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/de...

Help #20
Hi, I have a worksheet with 3 columns: "month, Item type, quantity" : month Item Type quantity Jan. 1 2 2 1 3 1 Feb. 1 2 2 2 1 3 I want to rearrange this according to "Item Type" verses "month" in a new worksheet where it sums the quantity of each type (as follows): Item Type Jan. ...

sorting macro #3

Sorting checking register

Auto-entering data from another sheet
Hello all, Hopefully someone can help me. I am wanting to automatically enter data from one sheet into the next by a text prompt. For example: On sheet 2 I will have 3 static columns that will have data entered in the format: text / text / number respectively. On sheet one I want to be able to enter the text from the first column on sheet two and have excel automatically fill in 2 other cells with the data from cell B and C from sheet 2. For example: Sheet 2 contains hello / how / 123 in row 1 and column A,B,C. I enter: hello (on sheet 1 cell A) and in cell B and C I automatically get...

help with setting up which team plays who
Hello, i have 14 teams and i'm trying to get excel to list them all t play each other once at 6 games per week trying to get excel to figure this out for me a1= team1 b1=team2 c1=team3 d1=team4 all the way down to team n=team 14 how would you get excel to do this the simplest way -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Compressing Data in Sheet
Hi, I have a sheet with several pieces of data arranged like so: Column 1 Column 2 a.dll ! 0x000001234 56 a.dll ! 0x000001234 64 a.dll ! 0x000001234 72 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 c.dll ! 0x012345890 100 How do I compress the repeated sets of say a.dll into one row with all values pertaining to a.dll in column 2 summed up so to read something like: a.dll ! 0x0000001234 182 b.dll ! 0x012345689 89 etc ??? Thanks If the data is sorted by column A, you could add headers (in row 1) and then use Data|subtotals...